1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hammer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Hammer Vaporizer, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Hammer Vaporizer

Hammer Vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Getting this 420 SALE started early this year. $42 OFF Hammers and LED Red Hammers with discount code 420SALE. Sale runs till the end of the month, but order before 4/16 and you should have it for the big day!
    [​IMG]

nondarb, Hogni, paytonpenn and 3 others like this.
  2. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

hammer still going hard with Ed's cocobolo stem. such an easy way to sneak a quick hit..

3. Hammer Vaporizer

Hammer Vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

HIGH EVERYONE!! Happy 4/20!!! :D:leaf::rockon:

Just a reminder we're still running this deal until the end of the month...

Other Side, nondarb and Philreal187 like this.
  4. AlteredConsciousness

AlteredConsciousness Bedroom farmer & lumber jack

Its been awhile! My hammer ignitor has been broken for a long while but the hammer is in great shape otherwise! Same with eds stem. Really missing this vape! With heavy use i was going through ignitors once every 1 or 2 months. Just contacted hammer today. This is my favorite vape still, hope i get her up and running soon. Are the ignitors sturdier then they were previously? Is anyone having ignitor issues with the hammer pro? I have the OG hammer

5. buckhakeesah

buckhakeesah Well-Known Member

Man, I bought one of these secondhand to test last year or so. On my very first draw, I got what tasted like the best vapor profile I've had in such a long time from a portable and then the igniter went to crap on me. Too bad.....I really enjoyed that taste.

VAPEHUNTER, Philreal187 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  6. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

i love my hammer that i had..such great flavor..i never had any issues with the pro..

VAPEHUNTER, Philreal187 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  7. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

Never had an ignitor issue with the pro. It isn't in my regular rotation, but has easily seen 100 uses lifetime.

8. nondarb

nondarb .

Contact david at the hammer, I cant recall his email off the top of my head but he can help you out. I ended up buying a stem or two to cover shipping and he sent me 2 igniters and directions for an install.

9. buckhakeesah

buckhakeesah Well-Known Member

I'll do that. I want to get this back to working again. Thanks @nondarb

nondarb, VAPEHUNTER and Philreal187 like this.
  10. stark1

stark1 Live the Magical Moment, we only go around once

Would a kind Hammer fan please post pictures of the igniter.

Is it that fragile? :\

VAPEHUNTER and Philreal187 like this.
  11. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

I think it's the same as a lighter. A piezo? I think it's called but I don't have pictures.

VAPEHUNTER, stark1 and Philreal187 like this.
  12. FractaLSD

FractaLSD PsychMyc

This is interesting. Like the LSV of the Arizer Air with the feel of a torch

Hows it compare?

Only holds like .08? I kinda like the decent sized air bowl. (I think it can hold .5?)

VAPEHUNTER and Philreal187 like this.
  13. KidFated.

less is more sometimes.

14. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

In a pinch you can always pick up a "barbeque" lighter and use the igniter from it. What you really need is a standard lighter with a long "wire".
    Below is a link to my post on page 64 where I put together a step by step igniter swap.
    LINK→ http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hammer-vaporizer.7002/page-64#post-703936

Not really fragile, but they do break.
    [​IMG]

15. stark1

WOW! You @VAPEHUNTER should receive accolades for your step-by-step procedure for
    Igniter replacement. You certainly have my thanks!

Now, someone with several igniters interested in selling me one, please......

@KidFated. offered to give me his, what generous Friends FC has!

I would like to buy one, not take him up on his freebie, that kind fated Kid from the North Country! :clap:

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    HD Springer and Philreal187 like this.
  16. KidFated.

hey man, its just sitting here.. it would benefit you a lot more than its benefitting me.

I brought my hammer on a walk yesterday and I stopped on a bench and squished up a nug, I really felt like some conduction hits. I ended up sitting on the bench for like 45 minutes. very beautiful weekend so far.

RUDE BOY, HD Springer, stark1 and 2 others like this.
  17. stark1

LOL. Happy Memorial Day, FC! Nice day to fly high.

Am I (clearly) missing something?

[​IMG]

@VAPEHUNTER, you suggested an alternative igniter in your previous posts, but the image no longer
    exists.....

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  18. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member Glass Blower

Could someone who had a custom stem measure the diameter and wall thickness of the bit that holds the herb/goes in the vape? Thanks in advance

19. KidFated.

are you referring to Ed's stems? I have one but no micrometer
    they added silicon rings to make a better seal, does yours have the black bushing on the side where you do not draw from?

20. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member Glass Blower

No I meant the custom glass stems they sell on the site. The lock on stems are flared but the customs seem to be straight at the end, just wondering what tubing I would need to make myself some fancy accesories (I did make some flared ones but it can be a bit tricky)

KidFated. likes this.
  21. KidFated.

every time I go to order a custom from the site, they are all sold out..

ren.dnb and stark1 like this.
  22. nondarb

nondarb .

It's a simple piezo, it's not fragility that's the issue but rather that piezos degrade with use. It'll happen with any electric lighter too.

stark1 likes this.
  23. ren.dnb

ren.dnb Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. I had one a couple of years ago, but I broke in due to my own stupidity one night. I wanted to buy a new one, but they are ALWAYS sold out. I've sent them an email asking if they still make custom stems or how to go about getting one.

Just thought I'd share this; The Hammer is once again my go to portable vape. I think I'm done with battery operated portables for awhile. I know, the hammer isn't perfect and the igniter might go out on me, but at least its a little simpler and I don't have to worry about batteries or a bad electronic component. Used mine last night after being benched for over a year.... still works like the day I got it (it's my 2nd Hammer, my first one's igniter went out).

Anyway, hopefully they make those customs stems again.

24. ren.dnb

ren.dnb Well-Known Member

Well, slightly disappointed that I haven't heard back from the folks that make The Hammer regarding custom stems. Freaks me out a little bit, makes me wonder if I could get warranty support. Oh well, Might as well buy up another Hammer or 2 just to keep some spares around.

Thanks @VAPEHUNTER for the igniter replacement tutorial. Got it bookmarked for the future. I've really been enjoying this vape again over the past 2 weeks since my battery operated vape decided to go stupid on me. I'm just done with sending it back, and having yet another part replaced, so I'm just staying with my Hammer as my go to portable, period.

I did contact Ed from Ed's TNT about a custom stem for my Hammer and he's accommodating my request! Excited to get a wooden stem for The Hammer. Currently using the standard stem and it looks a little crack pipe-ish lol. Oh well, gets the job done.

Anyway, if anyone else has luck getting in touch with Head Tools about the custom stems, please let me know as I'd love another glass one.

Ed's TnT, VAPEHUNTER and KidFated. like this.
  25. KidFated.

happy hammering everbody that is still here! enjoying it through water using @Ed's TnT wooden stem, very smooth vapor while watching 7th season of Shameless drinking a coors banquet.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors