1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hammer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Hammer Vaporizer, Aug 29, 2012.

1. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

Wow! The Hammer is pretty impressive. Over the weekend, I enjoyed many HammerDabs and Hammer Bong hits and throwing a dab in mid hit just for fun. I don't have very many options for my concentrates currently. It's either vape them on flowers or wax cloth which I rarely do, vape them on top of flower in the Daisy (which I do most often), or use a nectar collector setup with a glass straw/bubbler/titanium or glass nail combo (just recently been trying it out) but I must say I like HammerDabs the best so far.

I don't have a strong sense of smell so I can't say I notice any of the butane smell. The Hammer does get hot but I never felt like I needed to check for melted plastic or anything. It does a really great job extracting all the goodies from my flowers, however I still end up with a little lighter ABV then what I am used to with the Daisy.

I can say I definitely got HAMMERED a few times with this thing this weekend!

2. Philreal187

Philreal187 Well-Known Member

Quick clip of my old hammer aka Darth Maul enjoying the d020 bubble bath!!

Click to play YouTube Video

:leaf:

nosmoking and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  3. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

@KidFated. - how are you enjoying the Katalox Hammer you got from Ed's TNT? I would love to hear how it compares to the glass stems. Can you get us more pictures? I would like to see the loading chamber end and how that works. Does it still seem to lock well?

Philreal187 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  4. joeblowssmoke

joeblowssmoke Member

Hey guys, been reading through the thread. Ordered a hammer over the weekend and am hoping it can be here this week, but who knows. I do have a question about dabbing on the hammer with shatter. From what I understand you can put it in the bowl with some flower or actually dab it. I'm wondering about dabbing with just the stem and no water. Does anyone do this with good results?

KidFated. and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  5. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

You should be fine but I would think water would be preferred. If your shatter does not fully melt you may end up with some end your lungs if using without water. I'm not 100% on this but I know you can do Hammerdabs without flower if that is what your getting at.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  6. peterpiper

peterpiper (peter-ex-piper)

You can do dabs with the hammer pro

KidFated. and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  7. joeblowssmoke

joeblowssmoke Member

I'm more just wondering how it does without being connected to glass. I didn't order the attachment for my rig yet and might just wait. I was curious if doing dry dabs with it can be pleasurable. Anyone do this?

SSVUN~YAH, KidFated. and nosmoking like this.
  8. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member Glass Blower

I found dry dabs' not too bad. Wasn't keen on hammer dabs' in general but was def tolerable dry (I am a hardened smoker/vaper with asbestos lungs though)

9. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

I love it! I haven't been able to field test it, as I'm out of town, but it seals great and looks amazing! I'll shoot some pictures when I can

10. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Dry dabs are best in convection. Or just add some cotton in the bowl to help keep your stem clean and throat cleaner.

Philreal187, SSVUN~YAH and KidFated. like this.
  11. bleak

bleak Well-Known Member

Hiya :) I've got a Hammer original that I've never gotten working.

Its having the same 'air bubble' problem that others have mentioned. Shortly after ignition, the flame sputters out. I've purged and refilled countless times, have tried purging upside down vs right way up. Have also got the dial turned to the lowest setting.

Anything else I can try? I would LOVE to get this vaporizer working after reading some of the positive reviews! :leaf:

SSVUN~YAH, KidFated. and Philreal187 like this.
  12. Vapodudule

Vapodudule Well-Known Member

@bleak It seems you have a valve pb, the sputter indicates a tendance for a wide open valve. The purge does not affect the valve opening.

Have you really tried to dial down out of the regular range the valve by reranging?

The reranging of a hammer is made by sliding the two red disks and never unmount them (just sliding them in the right way, you can help with a plate srewdriver). I repeat you do not want to separate too far the two red disks as it will open the tank.

Try it and tell us. The first time i had the hammer i had to dial it down. In fact the dial ability permits to adapt to the altitude/weather you are.

13. bleak

bleak Well-Known Member

Thanks so much Vapodudule! I hadn't noticed the second red disk that can be turned. I had a play around with it and managed to get things working!

14. KidFated.

Should I stay tuned for a video?

SSVUN~YAH and ShayWhiteGrow like this.
  15. bleak

bleak Well-Known Member

Now that the Hammer is working, its on my list of videos to make :)

SSVUN~YAH and ShayWhiteGrow like this.
  16. Hammer Vaporizer

Hammer Vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Hey all,

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and glad to hear everyone is enjoying their new Hammers! If you're having any issues, feel free to shoot us an email. David is really busy, so it might take him a few days to respond, but he def won't leave you hanging.

Also, just a quick reminder that the sale ends at midnight on Thursday, so you have a few more days to get Hammers for 40% off (50% if you buy 2) on the website. If you order today by 3pm CST, we will ship today and you might even have it for New Years eve (no promises, but most domestic priority mail packages are delivered in 2-3 days). Thanks for your support this past year :love: and have an awesome New Year FCers!! :rockon:

17. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

The only problem I have been having with my Hammer is that the glass stems don't seem to lock on well once the device is heated up if you are dabbing. I have used it for dabbing so much now that the gasket material is typically gummed up and once it heats it turns into an oil and the glass just slides on and off and well I lost a damn stem this way over the holiday. Good thing it comes with two! Perhaps a wood stem from Ed is in my future...

SSVUN~YAH, Philreal187 and KidFated. like this.
  18. KidFated.

The stock stems suck. Sorry to be so blunt, but the lock in stems are horrid when compared to my @Ed's TnT stem..

19. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

Still waiting on pics and all you know...:lol:

Ed's TnT, SSVUN~YAH and Philreal187 like this.
  20. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

This is awesome, I think the stock stems work pretty well for what they do, but Eds making me a Hammer stem sometime soon so now I'm excited :)

21. KidFated.

I should have been more in depth hey?

They work. However no matter what screen I used in them, they clogged so bad I'd have a container of pre cut screens always with me if the hammer was with. I tried so many different mesh sizes and it was always the same result.

I think the way the bowl is set up in Eds stem helps prevent the instaclog I encountered..
    I know man! I'm way behind..

22. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

I use the inhalater screens with the glass tight fit with more airflow no clogs!:tup:

KidFated., SSVUN~YAH and Philreal187 like this.
  23. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

I just put my request in with Ed...I couldn't wait but I still want to see some pictures. A video would be awesome but I'll happily take whatever you can give us!

24. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

Does your stem work as a WONG as well?

SSVUN~YAH and Philreal187 like this.
  25. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

I'll get some pics of my hammer stem by Ed later this evening..it's nice and I use the glass ones as well..they are fine with me but I don't use the hammer to dab..I did one time and it got clogged and I love the hammer so I just figured I have much better options for it..

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors