Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

WannaVape

So sorry... sometimes the postal service is less careful than we would like :(

we regularly ship replacement stems in just a padded envelope without problems.

we will get some new ones in the mail tomorrow.

NO MORE wispy HITS
Appreciate the customer service! I'm still shocked it arrived this quickly. Free 2 day shipping is amazing, especially when dying to try an awesome device. About to go attempt to use the gong, I'll report back with my results

Edit: ok so first experience. After filling it up watching TheHerbalsReviews technique I used the sipping technique to fill the gong and ended up with a huge mouthful of herb, so the holes are too big to try that method but packing it normally is easy as well. Set dial a bit past half, held it for only 25 seconds because I was scared of burning the herb, attached to gong and inhaled as I held the button longer but saw no vapor. Did the same process again, tried the 30 seconds as recommended and got a surprisingly milky rip, did the same again, and did a third inhale but combusted at one point. Before it burned it I was still getting a nice cloud of vapor. From the little amount of that bowl I'm surprised how medicated I am. I love the clouds and ease of use so far and can't wait til I master the technique. So far I'm very happy with my purchase. Only cons I feel so far is that it's pretty noisy, and the top of the unit gets really hot.

That felt like it took forever to type. This thing works:science:

2nd edit: I have an angled down stem beaker and I tilt it when I use it the bowl is vertical along with the hammer. Is this ok

Last edited:

Head Tools

Manufacturer
The GonG is my daily driver.... but since you can't feel the heat on your tongue it makes learning a little harder.

Just give it a couple of bowlfulls... it's still easy to learn on the gong
I'm sure you will get it dialed-in before the replacement stems get to you

NO MORE wispy HITS

WannaVape

Ok so when I now use the Hammer it sounds like there is a decrease in the sound of the lighter after I ignite it. It sounds like the flame is more powerful for the first 3-5 seconds then it slows down a bit with the air flow and doesn't get as hot. It kind of sounds like I am running out of butane, but I'm pretty sure it's filled all the way.

Definitely still managed to whitewall my bong with it though. This thing delivers much denser vapor than expected

grokit

well-worn member
Okay so gave it a shot, early impressions:
  • Very simple learning curve
  • Hits hard, vapes evenly, surprisingly efficient
  • The adjustable feature is nice, makes it easy to warm up quick, and avoid combustion once warmed up
  • Taste is very clean but a little little bit harsh, which can likely be improved upon with more practiced technique and probably water/gongs, maybe custom stems
  • Form factor is a bit odd for straight-up use but it works
  • Fills the butane niche, should be a nice backup
  • Absolutely fantastic value, assuming good reliability and/or warranty
  • The little box is cool, thanks @nopartofme
I put a very small amount in the standard stem and got 2-3 good doses without even going dark brown.

After some thought I'm gonna order the screened gong, seems like a no-brainer :science:

Keeper :tup:

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I didnt make it to tha post office today to pick mine up, its too damn cold 20 below F and i rather not drive into town..

Waiting until Monday :/

KidFated.,
Reactions: grokit

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I couldn't resist picking up one of these at 50% off, even though I have none of my favorite herb to use it with (and won't until January…)

I just got it in the mail today, and I love the look and feel. It's smaller than I expected, the glass stems look classy, and I like the little tool box. I spend so much time on this forum that getting a new vape feels surreal, like meeting a celebrity in person. :D

I gave it a go first with some mint and then with a blend of cinnamon, rose, and holy basil, and it worked excellently. Wonderful flavor.

Thanks for the amazing sale, Head Tools. This was an absolute steal! I almost feel bad!

Can't wait to take it camping!

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I didnt make it to tha post office today to pick mine up, its too damn cold 20 below F and i rather not drive into town..

Waiting until Monday :/

It's over 60f warmer here than it was last month, 34f and the snow is melting:shrug:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
It's over 60f warmer here than it was last month, 34f and the snow is melting:shrug:
Im looking forward to tha upcoming winter, but not this bitter cold. At least ill have plenty of time to practice with my hammer before kayak fishing..

KidFated.,

WannaVape

So after a couple of days with this thing I still really enjoy it. It's really efficient with herb, and the effects are very strong. However I am having a bit of a reliability issue and consistency. Often when I am doing the 30 second heatup the flame will go out midway through, sometimes occurring multiple times. This has resulted in the following hit being very lackluster or I get no vapor at all. I am not entirely sure why this keeps happening but it is annoying, resulting in me getting frustrated and switching to use my Lotus and leaving the WPA for the hammer sitting in my bong unused for some time. Also, in my hammer when you look at the metal tube it is not perfectly centered, being angled more towards the top. I am unsure if this is supposed to happen because it not makes very little space for the gong to fit in there and form a seal with the gaskets, but maybe my stem will fit easier when they arrive. Overall, when this thing works I can milk my entire tube and get a huge satisfying hit, but my technique isnt perfected for this to happen every time.

grokit

well-worn member
I have also noticed that the hammer drops off quite a bit after a ~1-2 second super-hot period, but mine doesn't go out completely. I guess it's by design but hopefully with a full tank and the dial turned up it shouldn't happen. Is your adjustment dial turned up all the way? If so it sounds like the luck I have with jet lighters, hopefully you'll get it working again or @Hammer Vaporizer will help you out.

WannaVape

Is your super hot period during its warm up or after you release the button? Yeah I am currently experimenting and hoping it just has to do with the levels of butane in the tank, which I still can't completely tell how to read the fuel indicator haha. But I have the dial set a little past halfway at the moment, turning it up farther has made the issue worse at times. I am hoping these problems are just due to the fuel supply and technique. I'm going to be having a lazy sunday filled with experimenting so I can report back later.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Is your super hot period during its warm up or after you release the button? Yeah I am currently experimenting and hoping it just has to do with the levels of butane in the tank, which I still can't completely tell how to read the fuel indicator haha. But I have the dial set a little past halfway at the moment, turning it up farther has made the issue worse at times. I am hoping these problems are just due to the fuel supply and technique. I'm going to be having a lazy sunday filled with experimenting so I can report back later.
My hammer has 8 ridges, the indent after mark 2 when aligned with the center vertical seam on the hammer I call 25 percent, I normally use 75%, I've never gone higher. When you hear it start to hiss drastically quieter after heat up and just stay that way or notice the blue just ain't what it used to be that is when I feel its time to purge and refill.

I've noticed trying to counter the butane running out with increasing the dial to be ineffective and wasteful.

EDIT:
Also I suppose perfectly isn't the best word for how the Hammer stems fit my downstem, I can move them around and it feels like I'm using a LSV, but I enjoy that factor.

Last edited:

WannaVape

My hammer has 8 ridges, the indent after mark 2 when aligned with the center vertical seam on the hammer I call 25 percent, I normally use 75%, I've never gone higher. When you hear it start to hiss drastically quieter after heat up and just stay that way or notice the blue just ain't what it used to be that is when I feel its time to purge and refill.

I've noticed trying to counter the butane running out with increasing the dial to be ineffective and wasteful.

EDIT:
Also I suppose perfectly isn't the best word for how the Hammer stems fit my downstem, I can move them around and it feels like I'm using a LSV, but I enjoy that factor.
How do you purge the tank? I think that might actually help my issue because I haven't done that yet, and the more often I've used it the problem has gotten worse.
I actually have the WPA so it fits my downstem perfectly, but the seal at the bowl end with my Hammer gasket is kind off at times.

WannaVape,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
How do you purge the tank? I think that might actually help my issue because I haven't done that yet, and the more often I've used it the problem has gotten worse.
I use the nail to let out all the remaining butane, its done when I don't hear any hissing from pressing the nail in. Also I set the Hammer dial to low before the purge.

Head Tools

Manufacturer
It is normal for the flame to be more aggressive at first and then settle down after about 3 seconds. The butane actually builds some extra pressure while the hammer sits (the effect is more pronounced when the hammer is someplace warm like your pocket). Once this burst of pressure is released then the flame stays constant at the set level.

If your flame is going out then the flame is unstable. Try using a smaller flame.

NO MORE wispy HITS

KidFated.

Unknown Member
So obviously like a lighter, this thing won't like being cold.. What would you say its lowest operating temp should be? I mean the outside temp not tha vapes temp.

KidFated.,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
So obviously like a lighter, this thing won't like being cold..
I can't answer the information you don't know but can confirm, I went for a trip to the store used the Hammer on the way, came back to the car 30 minutes later Hammer was too cold to start.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: KidFated.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I bring all battery vapes with me when i go inside, cuz i dont want my batteries sitting outside in 20 below weather, so obviously im not gunna let this one either, but if im out ice fishing or something.

KidFated.,

grokit

well-worn member
Just keep it close to your body in cold weather like an inside jacket pocket.

grokit,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
The colder the fuel tank the smaller flame. You can compensate for this (up to a point) by making the flame bigger.

Mine is usually good to about 40°F... but I regularly use it when it is much colder (it was 15°F yesterday). I just keep in my pants pocket and it is always warm enough to work without issue

NO MORE wispy HITS

Head Tools,

WannaVape

Ok so with 2 changes I've been able to make the Hammer work every time. The purging definitely helped with my flame issue, and as for the seal I have just begun attaching my gong to the hammer by twisting it on while heating up (without twisting it wouldn't Seal for me). White walling my tube every hit now

Edit: This thing really is powerful. I have gotten numerous hits now that I've thought were combustion from how thick the vapor is, but it's just been perfectly vaped to a nice dark rich brown color. Can get your herb to almost black if that is what you prefer

Last edited:
Top Bottom