The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiggyJack

I don't mean to be negative but does anyone else what to kick squalz419's ass? His posts over on the indiegogo campaign site have been pissing me off for a while now. And was squalz420 taken or something? I suppose I should just assume he is bi-polar since he hasn't been as bad lately and have some sympathy for him.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I dont see the appeal in wasting your time like that... like skepticism and stuff that goes on here is understandable and sometimes fun... but that's just pure "lets be as ridiculous as possible in being negative"

vapebuddy13,
Reactions: snamuh

OF

This is a convection vape, and the experiment @BuzzDanklin demonstrated there is almost no conduction happening at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/comments/37cs7j/grasshopper_convection_test/

Yes, that's how the heat gets into the load area, but GETTING OUT is straight conduction, right?

That's the only time the insulation counts, it's not involved at all in the heat flow until after the heat gets to the load, how it gets to the load is immaterial.

The sun at the beach makes you hot by radiation, so you jump in the surf and get some conduction cooling going (with an assist from convection).

OF

OF

IMO the heat will mostly get out by your mouth/breath.

I like it. From a scientific POV I think the majority of the heat 'gets out' (of the load area) by chemistry/physics, at least we hope it does. That is the heat (in calories) is 'consumed' converting the good stuff to vapor so we can finally enjoy it. Making vapor consumes heat energy, it gets no hotter (in degrees). Suck up too much heat (in calories) and the heat (in degrees) drops below the magic temperature and no more joy.

If you add heat to the load at a rate equal or less than that leaving through conduction through the walls vapor production stops even though you're still 'burning battery' adding heat.....it just doesn't get hot enough for magic time.

Anyway, I like it. I think we're all hoping the heat (in one form or another) gets to us.......

OF

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
So is this update today, or tomorrow?

Just want to see if there is any updates on the box technology.

IAmKrazy2,

OF

Depends on what time zone you are in, and whether Trevor is on time with it...

Well put. To make it fair they use faster electrons to transmit the data to the West, except when they cross the date line, of course. Then they switch to future waves.........

It was much easier to be timely before Al Gore invented the internet.

In a fun bit of trivia here in the US time zones and standardized time came from the railroads. Since all early lines were 'single track' you needed accurate timing to avoid meeting a train going the other way. Up to that point each town used 'local apparent noon', everyone in town agreed to time that often was a fair bit off from other local towns. We ended up with time zones and coordinated times as a result.

Trevor as a factor I've no clue about.

OF

zymos

Don't forget to factor in Daylight Savings Time vs. Standard.
As well as the International Date Line, where appropriate.

zymos,
Reactions: syrupy

EdE80

How about that periscope app all the kids are doing!?! 30 seconds of a quick look at the assembly line would make my day! TREVOR!!!! GET TO PERISCOPIN'!!!!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
You can all relax folks ...my drone captured a picture of Grasshopper House today and closeups through the windows revealed that everyone was busy as a bee inside...
Nbufczh.jpg

TheWhisper

Trevor's reply to a pre-orderite's email: (emphasis mine)

"Thanks for checking in. The online crowd can get a bit rowdy and some people have had to wait a long time. There is some frustration in the community. We are a very small start up and some people are expecting a large company with lots of resources. We are doing everything we can to deliver asap to everyone delayed. Currently you are on track for a late July delivery and we don't expect there to be a problem with that. We will keep you updated along the way.

All the best, Trevor"

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHopper...rs_reply_to_me_a_preorderer_about_getting_my/

EDIT: Whoa, Buzz got a TI unit! Awesome!

EDIT2: So, do we know what the holes in the left screen are yet? I remember seeing some speculation, but no confirmation. @BuzzDanklin, any idea?

grasshopper-ti-screen-chamber.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom