Discontinued The Grasshopper

osolx26

you cant damp whole Pax2 thing in da ISO bath, can you? maybe there is a method how to clean it easy. i just didn't bothered to try to find out. i better torch up those Arizer stems and clean right into my lungs. :brow: then ISO treatment or dishwasher. that is all what lazy stoner what to do. :rockon:
I never understood what was so difficult about cleaning the pax. You drop the mouthpiece and screen in some iso, run an iso soaked pipe cleaner through the vapor path and wipe the oven and lid with a piece of toilet paper or tissue soaked in iso. What I would do is leave the iso soaked pipe cleaner in the pax so the iso could soak into the grime while I was cleaning the oven lid. It takes literally 3 minutes to actually clean and then another 2 or 3 to wait for that nasty iso taste to evaporate away. The only time it was actually annoying to clean it was when I didn't clean it for a couple of months, but even then it only took 5 or 6 minutes. If I was feeling exceptionally lazy I would wrap the oven lid in the iso soaked paper, leave the pipe cleaner in the pax, and drop the screen and mouthpiece in some iso and leave it like that over night. Boom, squeaky clean pax.

nonbeliever

So over the weekend, I had a Grasshopper battery in my pocket - my @Ratchett battery holder (which is awesome) was full so I couldn't fit this battery in it. I also had my keys in that same pocket (keys+unprotected battery=bad). It began to short out - it got hot enough before I got the keys and battery out my pocket that the wrapper on the batter melted, and I'm REALLY lucky that it didn't blow up or catch on fire in my pocket (it was close to it!).

This is no fault other than my own (and I've already ordered additional battery holders) but I wanted to share - I would make sure if you are carrying these batteries around you have them protected!

osolx26

So over the weekend, I had a Grasshopper battery in my pocket - my @Ratchett battery holder (which is awesome) was full so I couldn't fit this battery in it. I also had my keys in that same pocket (keys+unprotected battery=bad). It began to short out - it got hot enough before I got the keys and battery out my pocket that the wrapper on the batter melted, and I'm REALLY lucky that it didn't blow up or catch on fire in my pocket (it was close to it!).

This is no fault other than my own (and I've already ordered additional battery holders) but I wanted to share - I would make sure if you are carrying these batteries around you have them protected!
Lol exposed battery terminals and keys are a terrible combo. Because I know someone's going to go nuts over this: This will happen with ANY battery. If you want proof, go grab some AA batteries out of the kitchen drawer and touch both side with your keys.

Disclaimer: Don't actually try this. It's one thing if it happens by accident but it's incredibly stupid if you do it on purpose.

Vaperist

I never understood what was so difficult about cleaning the pax. You drop the mouthpiece and screen in some iso, run an iso soaked pipe cleaner through the vapor path and wipe the oven and lid with a piece of toilet paper or tissue soaked in iso. What I would do is leave the iso soaked pipe cleaner in the pax so the iso could soak into the grime while I was cleaning the oven lid. It takes literally 3 minutes to actually clean and then another 2 or 3 to wait for that nasty iso taste to evaporate away. The only time it was actually annoying to clean it was when I didn't clean it for a couple of months, but even then it only took 5 or 6 minutes. If I was feeling exceptionally lazy I would wrap the oven lid in the iso soaked paper, leave the pipe cleaner in the pax, and drop the screen and mouthpiece in some iso and leave it like that over night. Boom, squeaky clean pax.

so yeah! you got it! EDIT: i didn't figured to leaven ISO soaked pipe cleaner in it. thought i have to brush with it. so that was quite a hustle.
cleaning the HrassHopper is much easier anywayz. i like :nod:

osolx26

so yeah! you got it! i didn't come so far.
There's definitely more that goes into cleaning it than other vapes but so many people blow the whole thing way out of proportion. You guys make it seem like it takes an hour to clean it but it only takes a few minutes.

osolx26,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't know enough about the UD to comment on it. My main point was that putting an open flame to something and seeing how it reacts and then claiming it can't be used on the grasshopper because of it's reaction to an open flame, which is about 9 times hotter than the grasshopper, isn't exactly a valid argument. It's very possible that it shouldn't be used with the grasshopper, but taking it's reaction to a 3500 degree flame and using that as proof for it's reaction to a 400 degree grasshopper is like comparing apples to oranges. Show that the stems have a problem at 450 degrees and I'll say ok, but 3500? Obviously something that's meant to be heat resistant, not flame resistant, isn't going to be flame resistant.
I agree about the flame comparison. You're right, I grabbed the wrong quote, I edited my post.

paytonpenn,

Tony Timeless

Going to charge my batteries externally whenever possible.

This is the charger I got for my Arizer Air which I now use for the hopper: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitecore-D2...r=8-1-spell&keywords=Nitecore+Digi+Charger+D2

If I was you though, I would get the D4 so you can charge all your batteries if you need to. Plus only a few quid more.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitecore-Di...1072&sr=8-1&keywords=Nitecore+Digi+Charger+D4

This is what Vapefiend said in an email I sent to them regarding the charger:

Hi Mangos, thank you for your email.

We use the same Nitecore chargers for our Grasshopper batteries, they work fine.

I'm fairly sure the batteries charge faster in the unit via USB, but I'm afraid I can't be certain.

All the best,

Adam

Thanks a bunch, just ordered the D4.
Just needed a solution that I can get quickly and that is working . :tup:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

I really can't stress enough how important it is to respect the explosive nature of Lithium based batteries. I'm personally on the hunt for some MFLB style battery caps I can put on each end (I know, overkill).

Hoping @Ratchett might produce some.

There's definitely more that goes into cleaning it than other vapes but so many people blow the whole thing way out of proportion. You guys make it seem like it takes an hour to clean it but it only takes a few minutes.

I agree with @osolx26 , it's not a big deal to clean. I got a NewVape pax 2 cleaning rod which makes life easier and allows me to collect the reclaim

http://www.newvape.com/pax2-cleaning-accessory/

nonbeliever

I really can't stress enough how important it is to respect the explosive nature of Lithium based batteries. I'm personally on the hunt for some MFLB style battery caps I can put on each end (I know, overkill).

Hoping @Ratchett might produce some.

He has some great little battery caps/holders. Have enough for half my batteries - my preorder and batteries arrived - I needed to order more.

tubasco

I highly doubt the heat would even be close to leaching it. Your not combusting here. The heater is at least three inches from it and your drawing air through it. You put a direct flame on it. My stem doesn't even get warm. I just checked and mine are glass stems. I dropped my original one I got with my Mflb in my bathroom sink and it shattered.

http://sales.magic-flight.com/glass-stem/

Also here is a link to the one you have which is acrylic and they are heat resistant. Maybe not flame resistant.

http://sales.magic-flight.com/acrylic-stem/
Thanks! I just ordered a glass one. I'd rather not repeatedly pull super hot air through acrylic :)

I agree about the flame comparison. You're right, I grabbed the wrong quote, I edited my post.
I'd like to just point out that my "flame test" was NOT to see if the stems I have would be able to handle the grasshopper's heat. It was only to see what happens when a flame is passed quickly over the stem. If the stem melts or changes shape a bit it's probably not glass. That was the extent of my hypothesis, and subsequent experiment. I wasn't setting out to debunk the hack, only to prevent unnecessary fume inhalation (UFI).
I then assumed (incorrectly I see now) that all MFLB products contain these acrylic stems, so I took it upon myself to warn others in this community that it "may not" be wise to use these PLASTIC stems as a mouthpiece... (especially if the whole point is to cool the vapor's path). I'm no scientist, but in my experiences glass tends to return to room temperature quicker than acrylic.
I apologize for the completely unnecessary warning. My only experience with MF is the orbiter.

(Honestly, for what they charge I can't believe they send this thing out with acrylic stems when glass ones are available.)

Love my hopper. Love the Crafty CU + Firewood 3 mouthpiece hack. It's hard to use the hopper native again after using it with the CU while out. It's list a little bulky. Would LOVE to see a cylindrical version of the CU appear :) At home it's orbiter and d020 ftw.

SORRY about the b2b posts! It was several hours later...didn't know I was the last poster. Please combine them if you can, Mods. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Timeless

Hey people,

quick question:

Hope anyone can recognize this little gap or nonalignment? Is this common?
Don't want to be nit-picking here, but it looks al least a little unpleasant?

lgQExhQ.jpg

Last edited:

TheLorax

so why we are talking in da page Nr. 301 ?

We hit page 301 yesterday around 7pm PST. Then I came back to read around 1130pm PST and the last page was back to 300 with the last post at ~6pm PST.

Its odd that we lost some posts. The missing posts were mostly battery charger related so maybe the mods moved them.

TheLorax,

barnardbarnard

@ Tony Timeless I have a Ti model and do not have that imperfection but the back of mine at the button end where the cylindrical body ends the casing is very sharp around the edge.

No biggie but thought they would have polished these bits to make them smoother and complete the "high end" finish.

Unit works great however currently rocking the MFLB glass stem mod and it makes a big difference in terms of reducing heat - this is a superb little unit!

Mangos

@Tony Timeless Also have a Ti version without the small imperfection. Was it always like that ? Or did it happen after changing the batteries a few times ?

If it heats up in 5 seconds and extracts evenly - shouldn't be anything to worry about for now.

Mangos,

Tony Timeless

Thanks for all your answers concerning this little imperfection.
Yes, it has been like this from the beginning. Don't care about it anymore. Meanwhile I think it's ok.

The thing that really frustrates me is the fact, that I am not able to milk my glass.
The GH did this exactly once (the first draw after I charged the battery) but since then... Incredibly weak performance. I'm sure the unit has to be broke since I already tried different grind consistencies, different pack sizes, different draw speeds, etc.
AVB comes out pretty much unchanged. Almost completely green. Even after 3-4 big hits on level 5 through my bubblers.

I am facing huge draw restrictions when plugging it onto my glass. At least IMO (can't really compare it, since I only have the Crafty as a portable).
Even when i plug it with a completely empty chamber.
I bought a reducing-adapter for my 18mm glass which gives me a 14mm female input for the GH with the silicone. Couldn't think of a better way to use it ?!

I even get red flashing lights on the first hit when completely cooled down.
That just happened in the moment I am writing this. Unit was fully charged, freshly packed with about .15g of dry herb. Heat level 5. I pressed the button, waited a few seconds until it went blue, plugged it onto my rig, started inhaling and instead of vapor building up in the rig, the lights start to blink red and again. nothing happens.. :-/

But despite the fact that the vapor production is terribly weak for me I on the other hand burned my lip really bad on heat level 3. It was the first draw, I was able to inhale for about 4-5 seconds until it started to get so damn hot . I even used the silicone protection :mental:
Didn't get any visible vapor on all my dry hits. Probably it's because I can't stand to inhale more than a few seconds.

Anyone want to chime in here and help me out ?!

Thanks

Mangos

Thanks for all your answers concerning this little imperfection.
Yes, it has been like this from the beginning. Don't care about it anymore. Meanwhile I think it's ok.

The thing that really frustrates me is the fact, that I am not able to milk my glass.
The GH did this exactly once (the first draw after I charged the battery) but since then... Incredibly weak performance. I'm sure the unit has to be broke since I already tried different grind consistencies, different pack sizes, different draw speeds, etc.
AVB comes out pretty much unchanged. Almost completely green. Even after 3-4 big hits on level 5 through my bubblers.

I am facing huge draw restrictions when plugging it onto my glass. At least IMO (can't really compare it, since I only have the Crafty as a portable).
Even when i plug it with a completely empty chamber.
I bought a reducing-adapter for my 18mm glass which gives me a 14mm female input for the GH with the silicone. Couldn't think of a better way to use it ?!

I even get red flashing lights on the first hit when completely cooled down.
That just happened in the moment I am writing this. Unit was fully charged, freshly packed with about .15g of dry herb. Heat level 5. I pressed the button, waited a few seconds until it went blue, plugged it onto my rig, started inhaling and instead of vapor building up in the rig, the lights start to blink red and again. nothing happens.. :-/

But despite the fact that the vapor production is terribly weak for me I on the other hand burned my lip really bad on heat level 3. It was the first draw, I was able to inhale for about 4-5 seconds until it started to get so damn hot . I even used the silicone protection :mental:
Didn't get any visible vapor on all my dry hits. Probably it's because I can't stand to inhale more than a few seconds.

Anyone want to chime in here and help me out ?!

Thanks
Just contact the retailer you got it from stating exactly what you've written there. If its not extracting even on the highest temperature that's no bueno. Just contact hopper labs or vapefiend or whoever- they will be able to help you better then any of us. Oh and include a pic of the small defect .

Top Bottom