Discontinued The Grasshopper

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I didn't read all this, but I got the gist from the beginning...you say you aren't going to rant...then you rant a ton about how you aren't going to rant...awesome.

This comment is off-topic and adds nothing to the discussion of the Grasshopper. Please do not post negative comments about another member's posting style or character. If you feel it is necessary, use a PM. This is the sort of post that leads to escalation and eventually flame wars.

McQuack

February Update:
"Close to half a million individual components are being manufactured and assembled into units."

Pricing Update:
"With over 80 custom parts, ..."

So, they are currently producing about 6000 hoppers.
Hopefully one of these hoppers will be mine... :cool:

Mr. Me2

This is the kind of mouthpiece I wanted!

4ygXEWi.jpg

It's a DT 2.5 glass mouthpiece, fits perfectly :science:
To attach it to the gh, did you put the 2 bands on the gh first (to act as a gasket) and then slide the mouthpiece on?

Mr. Me2,

hopperwaiter

What, he said nothing of the sort. He said he wasn't going to rant about the unfairness, which he didn't. He made a logical reply about GHL pre-order add-on policy. It might be a bit long winded, but it isn't a rant. To clarify what a rant is:

Was that not speaking at length in an impassioned way?

freshly baked

Just received my nitecore I4 charger and my 3 spare gh batteries came in yesterday. Ive got plenty of fresh herbs too. My grasshopper unit however is taking a trip from uk to the us and the tracking is unchanged for 3 days. I probably shouldn't but I'm starting to worry. It went through customs and now I guess its just sitting in a sorting facility in New York.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Just received my nitecore d4 charger and my 3 spare gh batteries came in yesterday. Ive got plenty of fresh herbs too. My grasshopper unit however is taking a trip from uk to the us and the tracking is unchanged for 3 days. I probably shouldn't but I'm starting to worry. It went through customs and now I guess its just sitting in a sorting facility in New York.
After it arrives and you've had a chance to play, I'd love to hear your comparison of the gh, firewood 3, and Mighty. Particularly, a taste comparison. Thx!

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Just received my nitecore I4 charger and my 3 spare gh batteries came in yesterday. Ive got plenty of fresh herbs too. My grasshopper unit however is taking a trip from uk to the us and the tracking is unchanged for 3 days. I probably shouldn't but I'm starting to worry. It went through customs and now I guess its just sitting in a sorting facility in New York.
Par for the course. Is it in Jamaica? Don't expect it to move fast once it starts moving again. Registered (Royal) Mail is not Priority unfortunately.

b0

Cloudy...
2 questions. .. still a little heat or no?
Whered you get it? Post a link if possible please @bo

Where is the mouthpiece from?

I think it's this one... a pity it's out of stock, I really like the way it looks!

http://ineedhemp.com/product/2-pack-glass-mouthpieces-for-v2-5-ceramic-donut-atomizer/

@b0 does it cool down significantly the vapor?

The mouthpiece is the one DrHermman posted, it says out of stock but I'm pretty sure that if you send an email to Matt he will take care of you. He's a really nice guy and take care of his customers. Remember to tell him that you're a FC member, usually he does discounts to members.

Haven't had the time to search, but should be available through dhgate too. But to be honest Matt is such a nice guy and always take care of me so I usually order from him. Faster and more reliable than chinese sellers, specially for US buyers (he's US located)

It doesn't cools the vapor too much itself, I use it because it doesn't get as hot as the metal mouthpiece and the draw is a lot more comfortable.

Right now I use glass to hit it native and the silicone one to enjoy it through glass.

To attach it to the gh, did you put the 2 bands on the gh first (to act as a gasket) and then slide the mouthpiece on?

Yep, exactly like that. I want to try to make a "gasket" to put as a screen in the Gh and use it with the glass mp without the original metal one but I think that way the glass will get hotter.

Sorry for the lack of answer guys, just arrived home from holidays past night and started working today. Have been a bit busy :shit:

TokesandJokes

Don't worry, my order and others did the same thing. Mine was in customs in Jamacia, NY for three days and sat in a sorting facility in Brooklyn (concrete jungle where dreams are made of, I hear) for another two days. It finally squeeked out on Monday is should be delivered to me b/w the 10th-11th. Yours is probably on the same schedule just delayed.

Last edited:

barnardbarnard

So I received my Mighty back from repair @ S&B yesterday (they sent me a brand new unit) and guess what it's still not out the box! Grasshopper rules! :rockon:

@Mr. Me2 flavour-wise I much prefer the GH on all fronts compared with the Mighty the only aspect where the Mighty wins is battery life IMO.

I guess it is down to personal choice but I can tell you that Hopper will be well worth the wait!

Kalessin

So I received my Mighty back from repair @ S&B yesterday (they sent me a brand new unit) and guess what it's still not out the box! Grasshopper rules! :rockon:

@Mr. Me2 flavour-wise I much prefer the GH on all fronts compared with the Mighty the only aspect where the Mighty wins is battery life IMO.

I guess it is down to personal choice but I can tell you that Hopper will be well worth the wait!
Sounds like you need to update your sig then!

Pablo13

I just rolled the dice on a SS. Says April shipping but if its here by summer I will be happy.

Pablo13,

WoodyWeedPecker

You forgot to update your signature:

In order of preference - Grasshopper, Mighty (retired), Minivap, Volcano easy valve (retired), Firefly (retired), MFLB (retired).

;)

Edit: Kalessin beat me to it, sorry to repeat the same joke/observation

Vaperist

I want to try to make a "gasket" to put as a screen in the Gh and use it with the glass mp without the original metal one but I think that way the glass will get hotter.

how about taking a glass bowl from a bong with a screen inside and putting on top of mouthpiece-less Hopper? then turning this setup upside down and straight into a bong joint. you just need to find a bowl which fits a Hopper's heating chamber diameter. i guess that cone shaped one would fit most likely.

or,... take of that Hopper mouthpiece. put some screen on top of heating chamber. then a your glass mouthpiece on top of that and in da bong joint you go!

hope some of this works. as me myself are planing to use original mouthpiece as less as possible. because i cant dab on it (so they say. but i bet it is possible if that plasticy thing is taken out) or get that golden reclaim out without ISO :rant:

Last edited:

GTAVaper

I didn't read all this, but I got the gist from the beginning...you say you aren't going to rant...then you rant a ton about how you aren't going to rant...awesome.

I guess I could cry about it and rant about unfairness......but life isn't fair - so why expect it? :shrug:

Go right ahead, you won't hear any whining from me......and I feel your pain for the long wait. :cry:

Sorry tl;dr ;) :rofl: ......but I got the gist of it....lol

But to clarify .....I stated that I wouldn't be ranting about "unfairness" ......and that no one would be hearing any "whining" from me.....which was just a logical extension to the reasoning I applied to why the GHL policy in allowing additions to pre-orders is not necessarily a bad one....... since it rewards those early pre-order supporters for both their financial support as well as their long wait.

I also wasn't pointing to any other FC'ers postings or criticizing the posting styles of others.....so no rules broken - I think. I do truly understand the frustrations of waiting but I also don't mind those who have waiting far longer than I to have a little extra benefit to their own long wait. I don't believe that even with the extension of this benefit that my own extra wait time will be significantly impacted.

However, I did really like how you ended your comment :D by calling me "awesome"......that was much appreciated :)

Most people have to know me a lot better before they come to that conclusion :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

Life's too short to spend too much time crying about the wait time for a vaporizer......I've got some great options to keep me company in the meantime........so no problem getting :tinfoil::chill: .......while I patiently wait for my much anticipated Grasshopper to arrive

Thanks for the support Studmuffin......I see that your drawers are still wrinkle free :tup:

Please don't take this "tongue-in-cheek" reply as anything more than a lighthearted response and with no intention of criticizing anyone else.

Peace out, and cheers everyone :cheers:

tl;dr version
No "ranting" was intended in my prior post..... and I'm very much looking forward to getting my Grasshoppers when my July 2015 pre-order position comes up.

:2c::2c:.......and now back to our regularly scheduled program............:popcorn:

Last edited:

Jazzah

Well I'm adding to my order for 2 family members alrdy, so thought I could just ask. I'm a June 2015 pre-order. If you live in Belgium or the Netherlands and can come to antwerp to pick it up, pm me for a 9month jump in the queue. Oh and for those that feel I am doing an injustice to people in the queue behind me: I'm saving the planet by reducing the amount of separate deliveries here thus reducing carbon emissions. Conscience cleared.

freshly baked

@bo was exactly right about Matt getting me the glass mouthpiece cover. I emailed him earlier today and already shipped! Thanks alot brother

freshly baked,
Reactions: DrHermman

MoltenTiger

So I was just awoken by a knock at the door, who could that be?
The post guy with my VapeFiend GH order :rockon:

This thing is as awesome in hand as I was dreaming it to be, or am I still??

Fit & finish is impeccable (there is a tiny crease from machining on the lower curve of the clip, but it's very unnoticeable), no gaps near the clip, heat up time to setting 3 was three seconds and the draw I just took with an empty chamber tasted completely neutral, with perhaps the ever so slight hint of metal taste. I can't compare the flavour it has with anything, it's pretty unique, but only just there.

Second draw, still empty, temp at 4.2, this thing pumps out heat! A bit longer to blue light, didn't time it, but with a rapid draw the mouthpiece certainly heats up - you will have to put this thing further in your mouth as others have said to avoid lip burn. But this heat is very similar with the MFLB native, it's only slight and it is quite easy to put up with IMO.

Third and final empty draw, temp 5. 6 seconds to blue light.

Absolutely no visible off-gas and no off flavours straight out of the box.

WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK TIL MIDNIGHT :ko:

Top Bottom