Discontinued The Grasshopper

Thebigsmoke

Hi everyone I have a question for @Hopper Labs . Do you guys have a plan for international customers and UK stock. I bought a titanium hopper last June from Namaste vapes UK that came with a 6 month instant replacement from them. However after this 6 month period I would have needed to send it to hopper labs if it developed any faults. The unit lasted 2 weeks and the 3 replacements not much more. I was lucky to receive a refund for the unit as Namaste found the failure rate unacceptable. After hearing users reports of a much better vape and seeing your presence on these forums I would like to purchase a new unit as I found it's performance, heat up time and efficiency to be unmatched in a portable not to mention I have 4 ghb2 that were barely used.
I have noticed that nobody in the UK are selling grasshoppers( I'm guessing the high failure rates and angry customers contributed to none of the vape shops here wanting the hassle of dealing with it anymore).
So I'm just wondering what your future plans for the UK are as having to send a used vape in the post to the USA can be a bit of a gamble as canibuss is still highly illegal here in the uk. So buying direct from yourselves in the USA isn't really feasible for UK and European customers. Do you guys plan on selling units to UK retailers anytime in the near future and having them service your units sort of like the vapefiend done when the hopper released in the UK. Thanks for any info in advance and good to see your presence on here it was long overdue. But better late than never.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi everyone I have a question for @Hopper Labs . Do you guys have a plan for international customers and UK stock. I bought a titanium hopper last June from Namaste vapes UK that came with a 6 month instant replacement from them. However after this 6 month period I would have needed to send it to hopper labs if it developed any faults. The unit lasted 2 weeks and the 3 replacements not much more. I was lucky to receive a refund for the unit as Namaste found the failure rate unacceptable. After hearing users reports of a much better vape and seeing your presence on these forums I would like to purchase a new unit as I found it's performance, heat up time and efficiency to be unmatched in a portable not to mention I have 4 ghb2 that were barely used.
I have noticed that nobody in the UK are selling grasshoppers( I'm guessing the high failure rates and angry customers contributed to none of the vape shops here wanting the hassle of dealing with it anymore).
So I'm just wondering what your future plans for the UK are as having to send a used vape in the post to the USA can be a bit of a gamble as canibuss is still highly illegal here in the uk. So buying direct from yourselves in the USA isn't really feasible for UK and European customers. Do you guys plan on selling units to UK retailers anytime in the near future and having them service your units sort of like the vapefiend done when the hopper released in the UK. Thanks for any info in advance and good to see your presence on here it was long overdue. But better late than never.

Thanks for being a supporter and sorry for the bad experience with the units from Namaste. We do have quite a few people buy directly from us who live in the UK and EU (still the same region for the moment, good luck either way). So, that is an option but I understand some customers might not be comfortable with it. We are still very supply limited currently, as we have focused our resources primarily on clearing the warranty backlog. This is why most 3rd party retailers everywhere have not seen any units recently. We will be again working with Vapefeind as the primary UK wholesaler but it will still take some time before they have units.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Happy Humpday to everyone. Indeed much more positivity here recently with improved reliability of new and RMA’d devices (mine included). Also that HL’s presence and info is part of this. Things are indeed looking up.

It’s really amazing how much I missed my pre-order Ti for the year it was at HL. Using it again, daily might I add, is like second nature and it works well, even using it natively on low temps (2.5-3.0). AVB is a bit light but then again I’m running it on low temps. When it came back from RMA I did a quick cleaning; it needs a thorough cleaning as the backend threads tighten on the last full turn (glad I bought Blu Tac when it was in RMA). Overall it’s so easy to clean and maintain which is another aspect I love about the Hopper.

A few pages ago someone mentioned that the Hopper doesn’t smell that much after use. I find this true as well compared to other vapes. Of course, it’s holstered in either the leather sleeve (2nd gen from HL) or leather case, neither really leach much odor.

Just after purchasing my Ti in ‘16 I bought @Ratchett ‘s leather case which is just fantastic. I highly recommend it - great quality, usefulness and durability. I always keep a couple extra batts, a small brush and a vial of herb in it. I’ve also purchased other accessories from him for other vapes and everything is well made and functional.

Ok, gotta get back to work. Keep the positive comments coming!:peace:

MonkeyTime

In the spirit of how this thread has taken on a positive vibe recently....

Really happy to say my missing registered SS issue has been taken care of, and very quickly I might add! CS emailed me early and my reply finished it up, now I just need to mail it off.

ChooChooCharlie

This cat likes his hopper vapor direct

hopper-with-cat.jpg

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hey there hopperheads, I have a question for y’all if you have the time to listen to my sad tale and share your wisdom and experience. If you don’t have the time for this, congratulations! You have a life!

Whilst poring over the minutia of the website, I just noticed that the hopper doesn’t come with the silicone condom. Before purchasing, I saw that HL suggested picking up an extra SMP as one of their recommended accessories. I think the reasoning is that you can share your hopper with a friend and each have your own SMP. Well, that just shows how little Hopper Labs doesn’t knows about me, their customer, because I don’t have friends to share my hopper with! :lol: And no way in hell am I passing around the new precious! It’s MINE!

Anyway, from that my impaired brain inferred that it came with one rather than I should get an extra in addition to the one for myself. Now, because I’m friendless and don’t really care for the taste/texture of silicone on my lips, my inclination is to not be particularly bothered about not getting one. But then I realised: I don’t know anything about it! Maybe it’s a must-have item that the hopper needs to not burn ya?! So all of this to ask:

Did I blow it by not getting a SMP and should definitely get one? I’m already kinda regretting not grabbing a leather sleeve tbh. Did I mention earlier that I really have a thing for accessories and doodads?
Also a big fan of what-not. :haw:

slozukimc

Hey there hopperheads, I have a question for y’all if you have the time to listen to my sad tale and share your wisdom and experience. If you don’t have the time for this, congratulations! You have a life!

Whilst poring over the minutia of the website, I just noticed that the hopper doesn’t come with the silicone condom. Before purchasing, I saw that HL suggested picking up an extra SMP as one of their recommended accessories. I think the reasoning is that you can share your hopper with a friend and each have your own SMP. Well, that just shows how little Hopper Labs doesn’t knows about me, their customer, because I don’t have friends to share my hopper with! :lol: And no way in hell am I passing around the new precious! It’s MINE!

Anyway, from that my impaired brain inferred that it came with one rather than I should get an extra in addition to the one for myself. Now, because I’m friendless and don’t really care for the taste/texture of silicone on my lips, my inclination is to not be particularly bothered about not getting one. But then I realised: I don’t know anything about it! Maybe it’s a must-have item that the hopper needs to not burn ya?! So all of this to ask:

Did I blow it by not getting a SMP and should definitely get one? I’m already kinda regretting not grabbing a leather sleeve tbh. Did I mention earlier that I really have a thing for accessories and doodads?
I only use my silicone tips to adapt to a water pipe. They are loose and fall off in your pocket and collect lint like mad.

MoltenTiger

I don't even really use the standard mouthpiece. It is quite nice for a change but I rarely do it.
Did you get a PFE?

MoltenTiger,

Mr. Me2

Let me help you spend some $$$.

About that SMP, opinions vary (of course) and it mostly depends on your lip sensitivity. For me, I never used it. Not once.

The hopper mouthpiece can get warm and you’ll learn the best placement with a little trial and error. It will also be impacted by what temp you use.

In terms of hopper toys and extras, make sure you have extra batteries. You’ll want at least 3 total. Then you’ll want an external charger.

Now for the fun stuff.... run, don’t walk, run to @Ratchett ’s website. He has a whole section of gh accessories. I LOVE his leather gh case. And it holds 2 extra batteries. I also like his mini poke and scoop, and you have to get a stand - it makes loading so much easier. Some people like the funnel; you just have to decide how you want to go.

Here’s a link to the site:

https://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/grasshopper-vaporizer/

All that and no commission for me...

Vaporific

I only use my silicone tips to adapt to a water pipe. They are loose and fall off in your pocket and collect lint like mad.
Indeed, over time depending on your usage - temp, draw strength, etc. - they wear out over time and prone to get lost. I had one originally and it no longer stayed on so I went and continue to use it natively (no PFE for me!). I bought a new one recently cause ‘why not’ and to occasionally use it with a water pipe.

Here’s one for everyone: I’ve been charging my Hopper in my car recently with the magnetic cord, the original one from pre-order days. Did HL enhance this at all in any way and, if so, is it worth it? I have a couple Nitecores that serve Home duty charging.

Dang Hopper works fine now! :D:peace:

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I don't even really use the standard mouthpiece. It is quite nice for a change but I rarely do it.
Did you get a PFE?
Yessir I got that based on my reading here.

Thanks for the SMP information, my mind is at peace now. Which is a good thing since I got my shipping notification from HL this morning! Wooo-hooo! Pretty excited about this, not gonna lie.

MoltenTiger

Yessir I got that based on my reading here.

Thanks for the SMP information, my mind is at peace now. Which is a good thing since I got my shipping notification from HL this morning! Wooo-hooo! Pretty excited about this, not gonna lie.
Pretty exciting times! Glad things are finally panning out, I've been waiting for this the whole time. People here should own this device, but the device should work for a respectable period, and after many little issues I've now been trouble free since '18. The tides have changed IMO. Well done @Hopper Labs for persevering through thick and thin. Much respect.

Poostuff

Please delete
Pretty exciting times! Glad things are finally panning out, I've been waiting for this the whole time. People here should own this device, but the device should work for a respectable period, and after many little issues I've now been trouble free since '18. The tides have changed IMO. Well done @Hopper Labs for persevering through thick and thin. Much respect.
Alrighty! Sounds like it might be a good time to open this RMA again & get myself a working Hopper!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Did I blow it by not getting a SMP and should definitely get one?
No, you didn't blow it, imo.
You can see that folks do get along w/out a silicone mp. I've been back and forth with both the smp and the the whole pfe/standard front ends. First off, the hopper does get pretty hot at the mouthpieces, imo. If you are patient (slow) and wait between hits or if your only do one or two at a time, not so much. But hits in close succession will get the whole grasshopper hot. After loving the pfe for long long time I even started putting a short piece of silicone tubing over the end to form basically the same thing as the smp. Then a few months ago wife and I both went back to standard and find we like it, too, and we're both using the silicone mp. Go figgur. So I just ordered a 5-pack (they discount a little for 5). I don't pick up any taste from it.

The tides have changed IMO.
Alrighty! Sounds like it might be a good time to open this RMA again & get myself a working Hopper!
Unquestionably something has changed for the better and we're all feeling it, thanks in large part to the presence and thoughtful posts we've been reading from @Hopper Labs of late. This is all great! And my own experience with c/s has been very positive lately (but it's never been bad, for me)

I want to caution against 'irrational exuberance'. Not to be a Debbie Downer, I feel that the change we're experiencing is in our perceptions and feelings about Hopper Labs in this new light and not the result of data/proof that Hopper Labs have indeed begun to produce highly reliable devices in high percentages.
Maybe it's all true and we've entered the golden age of grasshopper but we need a track record and more hindsight (data) to establish whether that is the case or not.
@Poostuff , I say anytime is a good time to send in a non-working device (if logistics/costs are not a problem). @Hopper Labs can you tell us how long the current estimate is for warranty repair (assuming @Poostuff needs new body internals)?
A Ti I've had back now for a month is really great to use and will be even better soon with a new battery. My point is that I've had a whole bunch of them last a month before...so now I wait (with optimism!) and see.

Vaporific

Hopper pro tip: when your silicone mouthpieces get loose and fall off easily; boil them for about 30 seconds or so. They shrink and fit better.
Thanks for this! Too bad I tossed my original one. I bought a new one and only used it once so it’s not long in tooth or loose yet. Will definitely keep this in mind down the road.

My RMA’d unit keeps humming along. Can’t wait for new batts though as my 2 decent remaining ones only get through about 3 loads.

Regarding heat retention, I’ve noticed with the return of my unit from RMA the frontend gets hot using a new battery (very typical) and the backend gets hot when the battery is close to spent. I’m thinking this is normal, at least with the old cells, and anxious to see how the new ones fare when in hand...:peace:

Last edited:

slozukimc

Thanks for this! Too bad I tossed my original one. I bought a new one and only used it once so it’s not long in tooth or loose yet. Will definitely keep this in mind down the road.

My RMA’d unit keeps humming along. Can’t wait for new batts though as my 2 decent remaining ones only get through about 3 loads.

Regarding heat retention, I’ve noticed with the return of my unit from RMA the frontend gets hot using a new battery (very typical) and the backend gets hot when the battery is close to spent. I’m thinking this is normal, at least with the old cells, and anxious to see how the new ones fair when in hand...:peace:

I have two batteries that are only a couple months old. I see the same. I know it is almost time for a new battery when I feel the back end getting warmer. With my older ones I get flickering blue lights while drawing which I would guess is the battery not being able to keep up with the amp draw of the heater.

On another note, the W9 Nibbler bubblers work sweet with a Hopper. The AC is perfect for the stock tip and silicone MP to slide right into but if you want bigger check out the XL. Here is a pic. https://imgur.com/a/RbazQsN

The Nibbler AC pictured had a cracked skirt so it was removed completely to make it even more compact on the Omicron. One with the skirt intact would work even better.

MonkeyTime

Asking again, FYI...:peace:

They did change the cord maybe a year or so in, the original had wires that came off with two wires that joined back up above the magnet. The newer style had a single cord that comes off it and is set up to "rock" it off with the center hole having an angle in it.

Probably not the best description, I can try and find old pictures or my cables later, a visual would solve it all.

Functionally I think they work the same, just less stress on the cord.

I use the cable in the car to keep it topped off with a portable battery, my car shuts down after the ignition is turned off. I use an Opus battery charger at home with sleeves from @Ratchett for spacing.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
About a month ago my gf picked me up a used ti hopper. She had seen many people were able to transfer the lifetime warranty without issue for $45 I was fine to do this even tho im pretty sure it had not been registered at all. At the time when I looked at the site it said you needed the barcode from.the box as well as the serial from the device. Looking at my box i realized it was for the sellers stainess device and did not match mine so never bothered trying. To note my device was never in the best shape w some nics and scratches but never had any function issues. Now in the last 3 days I find it combusting on any temp. Prettymuch running max. Has anyone had this issue. I noticed a week after I got it when it woild get to temp the blue led would flicker. I actually thought Maybe this was the device indicating it was holding temp as this is what the device has done ever since without issue. I planned on ordering a few batteries and that pretty charger now that they are in stock but worried it will be a waste if I can only use as a combustion device.Have a friend trying to push a brand new stainless on me he just cant afford. But worried about transferring or similar issue .Ive tried the basic troubleshooting and cleaning .Any help or input would be greatly appreciated on either issue lol

Xclerk,

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
We stopped including the MP a long time ago now because from what we saw most people were fine using the device without it.

Batteries:

They have arrived and we are shipping them now. Just for FC users with a battery order, send an email to support@grasshoppervape.com with your battery order number and FC in the subject line. I will make sure they get sent today.

About a month ago my gf picked me up a used ti hopper. She had seen many people were able to transfer the lifetime warranty without issue for $45 I was fine to do this even tho im pretty sure it had not been registered at all. At the time when I looked at the site it said you needed the barcode from.the box as well as the serial from the device. Looking at my box i realized it was for the sellers stainess device and did not match mine so never bothered trying. To note my device was never in the best shape w some nics and scratches but never had any function issues. Now in the last 3 days I find it combusting on any temp. Prettymuch running max. Has anyone had this issue. I noticed a week after I got it when it woild get to temp the blue led would flicker. I actually thought Maybe this was the device indicating it was holding temp as this is what the device has done ever since without issue. I planned on ordering a few batteries and that pretty charger now that they are in stock but worried it will be a waste if I can only use as a combustion device.Have a friend trying to push a brand new stainless on me he just cant afford. But worried about transferring or similar issue .Ive tried the basic troubleshooting and cleaning .Any help or input would be greatly appreciated on either issue lol

Sounds like you need service if it is combusting. Don't use it, send it in. $45 to transfer is correct. The device might just require some adjustment and an upgraded PCB, would be a pretty quick turn around.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Sounds like you need service if it is combusting. Don't use it, send it in. $45 to transfer is correct. The device might just require some adjustment and an upgraded PCB, would be a pretty quick turn around.
Really appreciate the fast responce. I will be sure not to use it. Do I email you guys to do the transfer? I want to get it done so I can get back to using it. It quickly became part of my daile routine. Thanks again guys. Now I feel comfortable ordering a few sapre batteries.

Top Bottom