Discontinued The Grasshopper

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
It's not isolated. The air intake holes are situated directly around the PCB, however the device has a safety limit on the internal temp.

I haven't had a device show the overheat lights since many iterations ago in 2016. A bit before that I had a device sensor failure which would lead to combusting the herb in the chamber. That unit is the only GH that I've had smell and taste like hot PCB, which isn't nice at all. I actually just assembled and baked a hot water tank controller prototype PCB, and really don't like inhaling the fumes that fill the room when cooking it, but I don't think it's too bad.
You'll know about it if you encounter it.

The GH is reasonably good health wise, I think, it is certainly a big and noticeable improvement from my years of smoking, in a massive way.
I haven't even noticed much of an off-gas when receiving a new or returned device. I guess the testing process, as well as the controlled and careful first-world assembly, helps to mitigate any of those robot fart concerns many other devices suffer from.

I believe the heater is laser sintered medical grade brass (?), so as long as you keep the air flowing in one direction, you're golden with the hopper. Given that it's a metal vape, it fits the bill, if you really want purity it's got to be all boro.
Can @Hopper Labs confirm this please? I love your vape and don't want to be unable to use it for health reasons

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Can @Hopper Labs confirm this please? I love your vape and don't want to be unable to use it for health reasons

It is not isolated as was said. There are temp safety limits and the PCBs/Battery are not exposed to hot air during normal use. I would personally be more worried about breathing the air inside a new car or around your computer.

Baron23

May 2018 !!!

@Hopper Labs - so, I'm pretty sure you saw this guy who has had his GH in RMA status for 16-17 months!!

Can you explain that to us?

How does this happen?

This can't possibly be parts supply shortage.

This kind of stuff has been reported by various people in the past and its one of the things people would like Hopper Labs to have come on the board to explain.

Just how the frak can it take 16 months and counting to fix a GH???

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
@Hopper Labs - so, I'm pretty sure you saw this guy who has had his GH in RMA status for 16-17 months!!

How does this happen?

This kind of stuff has been reported by various people in the past and one of the things people would like Hopper Labs to have come on the board to explain.

It’s in contention for the record! An ignominious one at that...:peace:

Meanwhile, my RMA’d pre-order Ti is working well. The heat up just can’t be beat. I’ll be glad when the new batteries arrive. I’d love to get 4-5 bowls out of one battery like when my unit was new with fresh batts. Though I did receive a few clunkers in two different battery purchases in the past - and I hope the new inventory is better and optimally consistent with respect to charge capacity. :peace:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude

How does this happen?

This kind of stuff has been reported by various people in the past and one of the things people would like Hopper Labs to have come on the board to explain.

Man, I would think at this point HL would be better served to send the homie a new hopper and be done with it. Theres no doubt in my mind that’s the action most manufacturers here on FC would take. There’s no way that it takes 16 months to fix ANY issues with a once-working device. My money is on the device has been lost at HL. So it’s been in RMA longer than it was with the customer? That’s really messed up... wonder just how many hoppers have been in RMA-hell for over a year and are still unaccounted for at HL?

If it’s not that many, and it honestly shouldn’t be a ton of units, certainly dealing with those customers and getting them a working hopper yesterday should be a priority for HL. A customer without their product for 16 months is simply not acceptable @Hopper Labs . Agree or disagree? Not trying to drag you guys over the coals but I like to know what is to be expected going forward. Thanks!

EDIT: Dang it! So I’m gonna be the fucker that made the post that made @Hopper Labs decide to quit FC?!

Last edited:

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Man, I would think at this point HL would be better served to send the homie a new hopper and be done with it. Theres no doubt in my mind that’s the action most manufacturers here on FC would take. There’s no way that it takes 16 months to fix ANY issues with a once-working device. My money is on the device has been lost at HL. So it’s been in RMA longer than it was with the customer? That’s really messed up... wonder just how many hoppers have been in RMA-hell for over a year and are still unaccounted for at HL?

If it’s not that many, and it honestly shouldn’t be a ton of units, certainly dealing with those customers and getting them a working hopper yesterday should be a priority for HL. A customer without their product for 16 months is simply not acceptable @Hopper Labs . Agree or disagree? Not trying to drag you guys over the coals but I like to know what is to be expected going forward. Thanks!

EDIT: Dang it! So I’m gonna be the fucker that made the post that made @Hopper Labs decide to quit FC?!

All questions welcomed.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Any customer who is at 16 months in service at this point should have had their unit completed. It obviously does not take much time to complete a unit once it is actually being working on. The backlog meant units were in line, the most we got behind was about 12, maybe 13 months at one point, so 16 months seems like our mistake.

Units have been lost, units have been put in the wrong place or the wrong line, we are not perfect but are trying our best. If @GrandWazoo or anyone else has a unit that is this delayed please contact us and we will get it taken care of. We will locate the unit or replace it. We have never lost someone's unit and not replaced it. I apologize that the warranty situation has been so long. Waiting even 1 month for a warranty unit seems much longer than ideal.

Battery Update:

The batteries cleared customs about an hour and a half ago. We have arranged freight and they will be on the way from California to Colorado tomorrow.

Choices

All questions welcomed.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Any customer who is at 16 months in service at this point should have had their unit completed. It obviously does not take much time to complete a unit once it is actually being working on. The backlog meant units were in line, the most we got behind was about 12, maybe 13 months at one point, so 16 months seems like our mistake.

Units have been lost, units have been put in the wrong place or the wrong line, we are not perfect but are trying our best. If @GrandWazoo or anyone else has a unit that is this delayed please contact us and we will get it taken care of. We will locate the unit or replace it. We have never lost someone's unit and not replaced it. I apologize that the warranty situation has been so long. Waiting even 1 month for a warranty unit seems much longer than ideal.

Battery Update:

The batteries cleared customs about an hour and a half ago. We have arranged freight and they will be on the way from California to Colorado tomorrow.

Thank you @Hopper Labs for bringing your presence to this thread in such a strong and honest way. I own two units. A SS and a Pt. I use great care when using the SS. Only used the Pt unit a couple times. Never had an issue yet but I’m glad to see you reaching out. The number of people who lurk here and use the threads as a basis for purchase is not a small group. You maintaining a positive presence here through word and deed will be receiving back new customers committed not to a product but to a company and all it represents. Quite the bargain I think!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Due to many of the orders being old we are going to be asking for address confirmations. Be ready to check your email after we know for sure they are through customs.
Should I be expecting to receive an address confirm soon then? I placed an accessories order in April and ordered a couple extra batts yesterday to be combined with the first order. :peace:

Baron23

If @GrandWazoo or anyone else has a unit that is this delayed please contact us and we will get it taken care of. We will locate the unit or replace it.

This is the right CS response. Thank you.

Battery Update:

This is welcomed news, thank you.

This type of openness and transparency in communications will very well serve both the user base and Hopper Labs, IMO.

Cheers

MonkeyTime

@Hopper Labs ,

Just got your email promoting the availability of batteries and it also says 15% off Hoppers and mouthpieces on one of the pictures.

Looking over the site I didn't see that offer, is that an old picture that states those savings?

I was originally thinking I'd wait until black Friday to see if you were having a sale and then replacing my SS unit with a new one and sending mine in for RMA. I saw the sale listed in the email and thought to myself why wait.....

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I like it when Manufacturers just drop a link in their signature, makes it so easy. I'll often see folks put on their profile page, which is cool. But the sig is less clicks (I'm lazy) and sometimes I'll check somebody out just because it's there so it can definitely make sales. I gotta say that fifteen off is making it more difficult to put this off and I'm trying so very hard to stay the course and follow my VAS plan. @Hopper Labs thank you and curse you for being so cool to offer a random discount over a lil' mistake; well played! These are truly difficult times to stand firm and @MonkeyTime sure isn't helping me with his " thought to myself why wait..." logic! Why wait?! Because I have a plan, THAT's WHY! FML...:disgust:

:razz:

MonkeyTime

I like it when Manufacturers just drop a link in their signature, makes it so easy. I'll often see folks put on their profile page, which is cool. But the sig is less clicks (I'm lazy) and sometimes I'll check somebody out just because it's there so it can definitely make sales. I gotta say that fifteen off is making it more difficult to put this off and I'm trying so very hard to stay the course and follow my VAS plan. @Hopper Labs thank you and curse you for being so cool to offer a random discount over a lil' mistake; well played! These are truly difficult times to stand firm and @MonkeyTime sure isn't helping me with his " thought to myself why wait..." logic! Why wait?! Because I have a plan, THAT's WHY! FML...:disgust:

:razz:

I'll be purchasing and starting an RMA this evening for my SS. My Ti is working fairly well at the moment, so I may have two that do soon!

I can't control my VAS, I have no interest in watching you control yours.....

Has any one mentioned how well the GH's work with a BCG medium or my preference fine grind? Wonderful pair! It would be a terrible shame to never get to try them together if you own one of them :D

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Okay okay! I listened to reason, put my anxiety aside and pulled the trigger on an SS, PFE & batteries!

Thanks @Hopper Labs I can’t believe that I actually did this rn and your presence here has a lot to do with it.

EDIT: Annnd some helpful bits & bobs ordered from Mister @Ratchett Big thanks to whoever mentioned his battery caps! I even found more needful things in his hopper section. I’m a big ol’ sucker for accessories but after years of acquisition, I’ve definitely become more discerning. So it’s really great going to Delta 3D and finding a lot of really useful tools that are well made by a nice dude. That he’s been around here for ages and takes pride in his products goes a long way too!

EDIT #2: For clarity :smug:

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Ok, we jumped in with both feet.....again and I wound up with two tests for them when I was only expecting one.

Bought a SS with PFE and some batteries as well, that's the first test. Can they deliver me a unit that works consistently for a year? I think that's a fair amount of time for a unit this size to expect some maintenance.

The second and unexpected was when I went to RMA my current SS unit. It's no longer in the list of my registered units. I wanted to send it back in for the same issue it had last time, the back end doesn't always turn on the unit, it can take a dozen or more attempts before it works, and then, about every 4-5th session it won't turn off without unscrewing the back end. I had saved the box until I registered it, but I'm not sure I did after that. Test two is how they handle this situation, I have an open mind and high hopes.

In the mean time, my Ti has been chugging along pretty well since I gave the back end a good cleaning.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The second and unexpected was when I went to RMA my current SS unit. It's no longer in the list of my registered units.
This has happened to me, a registered unit just fell off the list of "Your Grasshopper". When I emailed support they fixed it no, problem.

In the past they've also been slow to update the list when I've been sent a new back end, with new S/N. I've wound up telling them when I open the next warranty request. (bit of a sad statement, but as I said, 'in the past')

Having purchased several I now have a separate spreadsheet I use to keep them straight!

Top Bottom