Discontinued The Grasshopper

JCat

Accessory Maker
If I was superstitious I wouldn't post this, but 1 month and my Ti hopper is still going strong.

Couple things though ...

1. Heat up time has gone from 4-5 seconds to 5-6 seconds or so (consistently 6 seconds most of the time now)
2. Blue flashing doesn't get solved by cleaning all the time now, have to rotate the back dial a couple times or maybe put it in a different spot.

My SS Hopper will be back from RMA #3 this week I believe. Hopefully it will finally work! I've only been sending it back and forth for 3-4 months since I bought it and yet to have it work. I'm hopeful though! This might be the one!

JCat

Accessory Maker
@JCat Maybe hopper labs at this point needs to give you a brand new GH?
They mentioned that was probably in order when I opened this 3rd RMA, but in further communication they phrased it as they would either replace it or repair it depending what they deemed required ... so I really have no idea what I am getting back ... I do know that I will be extremely pissed if it yet again does not work properly. If it doesn't work, then it will be another ~$25 in shipping to send it back again and another 3-4 weeks. I'm sure they won't offer any compensation whatsoever though; I'd ask, but I've asked already enough times to no avail and I'm not a glutton for punishment.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I'm hopeful though! This might be the one!

I so very much hope so, for everyone. I remain hopeful too.

If it doesn't work, then it will be another ~$25 in shipping

I do wonder at what point HL's would have to take responsibility for the shipping costs.

What if someone had spent more on shipping costs due to multiple RMA's than they originally paid on the pre-order?

JCat

Accessory Maker
I so very much hope so, for everyone. I remain hopeful too.

I do wonder at what point HL's would have to take responsibility for the shipping costs.

What if someone had spent more on shipping costs due to multiple RMA's than they originally paid on the pre-order?
According to the warranty they don't even have to pay the shipping back to me. I could be out >$250 if they made me pay it both ways (it was $185 to buy). I've tried arguing for concessions like sending me a free battery or two, or splitting the expedited shipping so it gets back to me sooner, etc. I was unsuccessful in all attempts. I've given up asking now as it's just not worth my time. I've banged my head against the wall enough that now I'm done.

Now, take @PlanetVape on the other hand ... last week I ordered a few extra GH batteries, and a $25 adapter I mentioned above that I wanted to try for dry use; well, I made the blunder of accidentally selecting the 14mm male as opposed to female (I have no idea how I did this), so what I got was of no use to me. I e-mailed them to let them know, and was probably going to ship back the other one even though by the time I pay shipping both ways it will only save me a few bucks, but better than nothing. Sales told me I should e-mail support about it. Last week was a busy week though so I didn't get around to it ... this morning guess what shows up on my doorstep ... another package from @PlanetVape with the correct piece and another bag of chips :)

These guys offer by far the best customer service I've ever! They were under no obligation to do this ... this was my fault which I told them ... they just did it to make a happy customer at their loss. All of my dealings with PV are positive as well ... and I've had a couple experiences like this over the years ... they really do go above-and-beyond!

nbAjTH6.jpg

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
According to the warranty they don't even have to pay the shipping back to me. I could be out >$250 if they made me pay it both ways (it was $185 to buy). I've tried arguing for concessions like sending me a free battery or two, or splitting the expedited shipping so it gets back to me sooner, etc. I was unsuccessful in all attempts. I've given up asking now as it's just not worth my time. I've banged my head against the wall enough that now I'm done.

Now, take @PlanetVape on the other hand ... last week I ordered a few extra GH batteries, and a $25 adapter I mentioned above that I wanted to try for dry use; well, I made the blunder of accidentally selecting the 14mm male as opposed to female (I have no idea how I did this), so what I got was of no use to me. I e-mailed them to let them know, and was probably going to ship back the other one even though by the time I pay shipping both ways it will only save me a few bucks, but better than nothing. Sales told me I should e-mail support about it. Last week was a busy week though so I didn't get around to it ... this morning guess what shows up on my doorstep ... another package from @PlanetVape with the correct piece and another bag of chips :)

These guys offer by far the best customer service I've ever! They were under no obligation to do this ... this was my fault which I told them ... they just did it to make a happy customer at their loss. All of my dealings with PV are positive as well ... and I've had a couple experiences like this over the years ... they really do go above-and-beyond!

nbAjTH6.jpg

Also, I've heard that kind of experience of PV from many folk here so they are consistent too!

RE: HL

I understand why they don't cover the RMA shipping in the first instance, they just can't afford it. However I think having customers paying shipping on RMA's after, for example the third time must be doing major reputational damage.

Here's hoping it's the last time you gotta go through the RMA process........at least for a while anyway.

almost there

So I just logged on to the hopper site to register my 3rd back end and noticed that it's the serial number from my original purchase, how's about that?! Somehow they fixed it and saved it for my potential RMA or was it pure luck?:hmm: Regardless, I'm pleased it was mine, hope no one got it and returned it in the month that lapsed when I was rocking some previous generation back end. Happy to report my hopper is still going strong, still haven't bothered with water filtration yet but I'll get to it. Thinking to get a ti mp to go with my ss hopper, any recommended color combos or it's not worth it bc the color fades so fast?

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
New Goals, New Products

pic_3.829ff4e3c97d.jpg

We hope everyone has had a great Spring, and as we enter Summer, we hope you'll be enjoying music festivals, shows, events, and of course your Grasshopper. Hopper Labs has a busy summer planned as we look to make big steps toward three major goals.

1. Drop the Grasshopper failure rate to .1% or lower
2. Release the new products which have been in development
3. Get out to events and meet all of you there!

Hopper Labs has drastically improved the reliability of the Grasshopper over the last year. We've seen a significant reduction in the percentage of devices that need service. It is important to realize that even with a 1% failure rate, we will see hundreds of customers with problems. This is why Hopper Labs is making a .1% or lower failure rate our number one priority. We are implementing internal changes and part revisions until we achieve this goal. As with our goal of building the Grasshopper and subsequently delivering to our backlog of customers, we will achieve success in elimination of any issues.

620xNxpic4.6c8d39c57573.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Itr8RjuqBW.jpg

A few new products are getting close to release. The Leather Sleeve is back in production after a manufacturer change and some design tweaks. The sleeve now covers your entire device. Providing more protection from scratches, dings, and dents. Hopper Labs is also planning the release of both the Stainless Steel Case and a super fast external battery charger. These items will follow the release of the Leather Sleeve later in summer.

640xNxpic2.5b27f1215ca3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.AmHU3B6ptD.jpg

The Hopper Labs crew will be out at shows and events this summer, and we hope to see you there. Keep an eye on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see where we'll be. Show us where you are taking your Grasshopper with the hashtag "#grasshoppervape". Submit a photo of your Hopper, and we'll be giving away prizes each week all summer long!

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/blog/new-goals-new-products-1/

This is also my experience of PlanetVape. I always want to order from them or Puffitup if I can.

Super fast external battery charger?!?!

I know we probably have to wait until spring 2018 for release but can't wait for some one to measure charging currents on that thing

Super charging is not good for a lithium ion battery life. However these batteries are under such pressure that they probably don't last long enough to show the degradation due to excessive charge rate. Everything is both great and bizarre about this vape. I sure love my crazy 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

snaffle

Super fast external battery charger?!?!

I know we probably have to wait until spring 2018 for release but can't wait for some one to measure charging currents on that thing

You know what I reckon it'll be? Powerful & stable enough to run the hopper straight from the wall, even if the battery is flat. Which would be great for people who like to run it through water for long sessions. Which is interesting, as it's exactly the kind of usage scenario people tend to guess is correlated with hopper failure - maybe HL don't think that usage should be an issue, or they're getting pretty confident with their reliability improvements coming up. All just conjecture, of course - maybe it's just a fast battery charger :p

I wonder where they're at with the concentrate add-on? I probably wouldn't use it myself, but that seems like the one add-on that people would be most excited about. But it will also take the most engineering effort, I'm sure, and right now that's probably going towards reliability improvements, which we can't really complain about!

snaffle,
Reactions: Hjalmark
New Goals, New Products

pic_3.829ff4e3c97d.jpg

We hope everyone has had a great Spring, and as we enter Summer, we hope you'll be enjoying music festivals, shows, events, and of course your Grasshopper. Hopper Labs has a busy summer planned as we look to make big steps toward three major goals.

1. Drop the Grasshopper failure rate to .1% or lower
2. Release the new products which have been in development
3. Get out to events and meet all of you there!

Hopper Labs has drastically improved the reliability of the Grasshopper over the last year. We've seen a significant reduction in the percentage of devices that need service. It is important to realize that even with a 1% failure rate, we will see hundreds of customers with problems. This is why Hopper Labs is making a .1% or lower failure rate our number one priority. We are implementing internal changes and part revisions until we achieve this goal. As with our goal of building the Grasshopper and subsequently delivering to our backlog of customers, we will achieve success in elimination of any issues.

620xNxpic4.6c8d39c57573.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Itr8RjuqBW.jpg

A few new products are getting close to release. The Leather Sleeve is back in production after a manufacturer change and some design tweaks. The sleeve now covers your entire device. Providing more protection from scratches, dings, and dents. Hopper Labs is also planning the release of both the Stainless Steel Case and a super fast external battery charger. These items will follow the release of the Leather Sleeve later in summer.

640xNxpic2.5b27f1215ca3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.AmHU3B6ptD.jpg

The Hopper Labs crew will be out at shows and events this summer, and we hope to see you there. Keep an eye on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see where we'll be. Show us where you are taking your Grasshopper with the hashtag "#grasshoppervape". Submit a photo of your Hopper, and we'll be giving away prizes each week all summer long!

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/blog/new-goals-new-products-1/
Its hard not lol at that.

MoltenTiger

@MoltenTiger is officially my super hero!

Be amazing if we all could meet up with our hoppers and Y-connectors

Going to get one next time I shop on DHGATE but probably not going to be any day soon :/
Haha cheers bro - I was just reading some GH Reddit posts from a year ago, stumbled on a few of your posts and I think it should be said that your English has really improved over that time, kudos
Not that it was ever bad, but nonetheless :)

When I first tried a walrus hit, it instantly made me think of using 5 chambers at once and how extreme that would be! One day I'll get there, I have two claisens and at some point I'll make the effort to do 3 hoppers at once. It's possible I've done this and forgotten already...
I've definitely done two hoppers and an EQ!
(Don't miss that silicone!! So good to be PFEing, vaping without silicone is something I've been looking forward to for years)

17817792_206697549827784_6784064649789702144_n.jpg

I really recommend a claisen adapter to anyone with multiple vapes, it's a lot of fun and it's genuinely on another level. Especially with multiple strains and all that fun stuff!

That said, life is better with tolerance for only one unit :p
Because then the double whammys really wham

Top Bottom