Discontinued The Grasshopper

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Okay, we are off track. Allow me to clarify for all of you. I really don't give two shits about how the device works, or what the different components do. The only thing that I give a shit about is whether it works or not. And that's it. All I want is a working product for the money that I paid. One warrant request, okay they're working out the bugs. Two warranty request, okay they're a startup company and need some more time. Three warranty request, I'm starting not to feel so good about this. Four warranty requests, something's definitely not right here. Getting back your warrantied item in non-working condition, I'm sick of this shit...

where did you find that info the trouble shooting guide does not mention this... did HL or caroline tell you this...

if you do not believe me:

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/information/troubleshooting-guide/

You're actually correct, it doesn't say anything about the heating element turning blue immediately. What it does say is that if the heating element turns blue and there is no heat it is due to a faulty heat sensor. I think these are the same issue anyways. The issue is not that the blue light is coming on immediately. The issue is that there is no heat, and the blue light just happens to come on immediately because this is all related to a heat sensor issue. That's my theory.

I am assuming my heat sensor is faulty and that is why the light is turning blue immediately. But the bottom line is my light is turning blue, in some relation to the heat sensor, and producing no heat. It's probably turning blue because it thinks it's heated up, it probably thinks it's heated up because the heat sensor is faulty, and despite turning blue it still produces no heat because the heat sensor thinks it's already hot; hence why it's blue almost immediately.

Last edited:

tubasco

Okay, we are off track. Allow me to clarify for all of you. I really don't give two shits about how the device works, or what the different components do. The only thing that I give a shit about is whether it works or not. And that's it. All I want is a working product for the money that I paid. One warrant request, okay they're working out the bugs. Two warranty request, okay there a startup company and need some more time. Three warranty request, I'm starting not to feel so good about this. Four warranty requests, something's definitely not right here. Getting back your warrantied item in non-working condition, I'm sick of this shit...
Maybe use a different vape then? Just an idea. Seems like the hopper might be counterproductive to the reason you tried it in the first place.

(Or are you contractually obligated to use the hopper for some reason?)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Okay, we are off track. Allow me to clarify for all of you. I really don't give two shits about how the device works, or what the different components do. The only thing that I give a shit about is whether it works or not. And that's it. All I want is a working product for the money that I paid. One warrant request, okay they're working out the bugs. Two warranty request, okay there a startup company and need some more time. Three warranty request, I'm starting not to feel so good about this. Four warranty requests, something's definitely not right here. Getting back your warrantied item in non-working condition, I'm sick of this shit...

Yep, I'd say that is fair enough. Can't expect a customer who has supported your company via pre-order to show infinite patience.

I've had to warranty twice, I'm still quite content with my hopper. But if I had to warranty 5 times in several months I'd be pissed off and looking elsewhere.

Edit: typo's, hands/swiftkey not working right today arghhh

Icon13

Serial Vapist
No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member. Warning point issued
Maybe use a different vape then? Just an idea. Seems like the hopper might be counterproductive to the reason you tried it in the first place.

thanks for the ignorant comment. You're absolutely right. I should just be happy that I paid a premium to get this device early and should happily move along to another Vape. You can't actually be fucking serious?

Telling me to throw away money and use something else is not a solution. No, I'm not contractually obligated to using this device. I'm actually using my desktop device right now, the one that's been running 10 years strong and has never needed anything.

But that's besides the point, grasshopper Labs is the one who is contractually obligated. I studied business law at a university. I have a sales contract with hopper Labs that I would provide them with money and they would provide me with a vaporizer that worked well within the parameters of an implied warranty. An implied warranty means that the device should and will work as expected. They have been unable to provide me with a unit that works as expected. No, a device working for a short period of time and then crapping out time and time again does not constitute it works as expected; legally. So far I have lived up to my end of the contract, and it is grasshopper Labs who has not.

Last edited:

biohacker

It is never been proven to work, it has just been suggested because somebody's Hopper started working coincidentally after they tapped it.

Yep that was me! And believe me it's not the stupidest solution ever because it has worked FLAWLESSLY ever since. And if it happened again, i'd try it again...and if it didn't fix it again, i'd RMA, but that's me. I'm just happy that it works as good as ever and can still enjoy a proper GH experience.

Hey Molten, I went through this exact thing recently, and had sent the entire hopper back to GHL... it came back with no action taken on their part... they said it was fine.

Yep, happened with my very first GH as well.

And they were right.... at least, it was fine when I began using a different portion of my stash of that particular strain. I mean I could swear it wasn't the herb. I still vacillate on my assessment. But it's working fine now. And once in a while, when I plug in a different strain, it seems anemic all over again. And that (for me) means that the herb in question wasn't as "cloud-potent" as the others I have.

I don't know if this helps, but it's a datapoint.

Helps huge, and mirrors my experience, although my GH was actually mucked up. I don't think i've ever had a vape that showcases the quality of your herbs more than the GH. Garbage in = Garbage out and it's very noticeable with this device.

As I've read through the last several pages, noticing the bad blood circulating, I can only say, to whomever is having awful GHL experiences, that I understand and I hope somehow you find an opening to allow a solution for your issue(s).

This particular post here, Icon... holy shit... I empathize with you.

All I have to say is - THANK YOU! You are a definite asset to this thread. And Icon's post there was gold!

thanks for the ignorant comment. You're absolutely right. I should just be happy that I paid a premium to get this device early and should happily move along to another Vape. You can't actually be fucking serious?

Umm, I don't think his comment was ignorant at all. If you are that pissed (you've read my posts i'm sure) then you need to either accept the BS like many of us do, or simply move on. I'm still on the fence, but i'm letting my next RMA /CS experience dictate that.

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Yep that was me! And believe me it's not the stupidest solution ever because it has worked FLAWLESSLY ever since. And if it happened again, i'd try it again...and if it didn't fix it again, i'd RMA, but that's me. I'm just happy that it works as good as ever and can still enjoy a proper GH experience.

Yep, happened with my very first GH as well.

Helps huge, and mirrors my experience, although my GH was actually mucked up. I don't think i've ever had a vape that showcases the quality of your herbs more than the GH. Garbage in = Garbage out and it's very noticeable with this device.

All I have to say is - THANK YOU! You are a definite asset to this thread. And Icon's post there was gold!

But were you getting the immediate red to blue with no heat? Or were you getting the red to no lights?

I ask because somebody recently mentioned they had the red to no lights problem and tapping it fixed that. I'm not so sure if it would fix my problem, unless you're telling me we have the same problem (red > blue w/ no heat).

Icon13,

Teenthontik

Babylon Is Burning

Mate you are seriously taking the piss and if anyones contractually obligated it sounds like you would be the first to know who was!

I was seriously interested when I first heard of this vape but as I am still waiting for my copenhagen wheel(paid for in full December 2013)to arrive of which I am one of the first sponsors of this start up I will never pay for something in advance that does not exist again. And after reading about the GH and their CS I doubt I will ever be purchasing one of these. In fact I'm betting the chinese can come out with a much better snide copy. Which I will consider. Mind you maybe not as they have probably been put off by it's poor rep.

Cheerz TOT

Teenthontik,

btka

But were you getting the immediate red to blue with no heat? Or were you getting the red to no lights?

I ask because somebody recently mentioned they had the red to no lights problem and tapping it fixed that. I'm not so sure if it would fix my problem, unless you're telling me we have the same problem (red > blue w/ no heat).

also @Hammahead and tapping solved it
you can read here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-grasshopper.18482/page-584#post-1075535

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-grasshopper.18482/page-586

and BTW you should maybe read the thread then coming here whining, to let steam off and insulting others and sayingmthey say stupid things and stealing other members time who want to help you...

also I told you several times that I had the same issue with my gh and that tapping solved the light issue (not performance issue in my case)

guyonthecouch

yesterday was my last day toking for awhile. What is the best way to store these batts?
I would suggest running/cycling them ever so often. Turn on your hopper on temp 5 empty, wait till timer runs out maybe 2-3 times, charge and store. Repeat a couple times a week/maybe even once a day. They don't seem to like any down time.

huk_huk

hey not sure if the discussing of the immediately blue lights is still going on but at one point I had the same problem and made a warranty claim. They never told me to tap the backend and instead they sent a new body which has been working flawlessly ever since. My backend is soon 6 months old and still going strong and rarely heats up (sometimes when battery gets low and hitting a lot&long like with concentrates)

natural farmer

Did I mention that my bro fixed his Hopper with the straight-to- blue-light-no-heating-issue? I thought it was going for replacement and died in my hands but after he got home, he cleaned everything with ISO and even poured ISO in the battery chamber and gave it a swirl. When everything dried up Hopper worked great, like before... :uhh:

Mr. Me2

Did I mention that my bro fixed his Hopper with the straight-to- blue-light-no-heating-issue? I thought it was going for replacement and died in my hands but after he got home, he cleaned everything with ISO and even poured ISO in the battery chamber and gave it a swirl. When everything dried up Hopper worked great, like before... :uhh:
A little scary pouring ISO into the battery chamber. Glad it worked for you! Don't think I'll be trying that one, though...

btka

hey not sure if the discussing of the immediately blue lights is still going on but at one point I had the same problem and made a warranty claim. They never told me to tap the backend and instead they sent a new body which has been working flawlessly ever since. My backend is soon 6 months old and still going strong and rarely heats up (sometimes when battery gets low and hitting a lot&long like with concentrates)
nobody said that hopper labs has told someone to tap the backend... they never recommended it!
@biohacker told us that it helped him solving his immediately blue light problem..

huk_huk

oh my bad. actually before I filled the warranty claim I tried this and cleaned it but both methods didn't help. but only soft taps because I didn't want to destroy something

VAPEHUNTER

So much tension here lately....

56147281.jpg

guyonthecouch

wowww.. not sure about pouring iso into the batt chamber.. yiiikes haha. But I do clean the batt terminal in there with a qtip/iso and there's always residue to be found and yes has fixed some issues. Regular qtips just fits, extend it with some tape and something else(I use a chop stick) and spin it against the terminal. I highly recommend adding it to your routine if you don't do it already. ALL vapes function optimally when fully clean.

Last edited:

btka

oh my bad. actually before I filled the warranty claim I tried this and cleaned it but both methods didn't help. but only soft taps because I didn't want to destroy something
try harder taps into to palm of your hand.. and it takes time... you have to tap more then 3 to six time...

btka,

JoeMama

I love this group. I really do. All of the inputs and commentaries are part of what makes my day interesting and gives me a sense of community here.
Let's keep in mind that we are typing, not speaking, and no one can hear the inflections of the voice in one's head as he types, and can misconstrue sarcasm for ill-intent.

I'm not saying there are never any asshole comments. The entire world is on edge, and it infects everything. I snap at my best friends and immediately I see the pain in their eyes; and I didn't even mean something the way it seemed to come out.

OK, so,

That is so true... I just starting using the FW4 today.. I had to figure some shit out, but I get how to use it enough to eventually get a very nice experience... BUT, the Hopper is a MONSTER. And I think I'm actually beginning to be able to determine which strains I have that are "weaker" than others. That is the first step in determining consistency in performance, for me at least.
If you have a strain that you know is potent, my advise is to try and never run out of it until you find another strain of equal strength. It's like a gold-standard for measurement of Hopper health. Fuck, it's the only way to know for sure.

How many times does it happen that you take a draw, feel the hot air, and are perplexed that the cloud wasn't nearly enough for what you thought you should've gotten? I'm betting 3 to 1 that it's the herb status (moisture, potency, grind).

Umm, I don't think his comment was ignorant at all. If you are that pissed (you've read my posts i'm sure) then you need to either accept the BS like many of us do, or simply move on. I'm still on the fence, but i'm letting my next RMA /CS experience dictate that.

I say this impartially, as I have not studied all the posts, but, how many of us have made comments or posted things that we sooner or later realize were ignorant or a bit acerbic? I have, and I always hope they go unnoticed. Sometimes I say dickish things. And I'm grateful those who may hear them let it go.

btka

personaly I would not recommend this... may void your warranty...

Mr. Me2

I love this group. I really do. All of the inputs and commentaries are part of what makes my day interesting and gives me a sense of community here.
Let's keep in mind that we are typing, not speaking, and no one can hear the inflections of the voice in one's head as he types, and can misconstrue sarcasm for ill-intent.

I'm not saying there are never any asshole comments. The entire world is on edge, and it infects everything. I snap at my best friends and immediately I see the pain in their eyes; and I didn't even mean something the way it seemed to come out.

OK, so,

That is so true... I just starting using the FW4 today.. I had to figure some shit out, but I get how to use it enough to eventually get a very nice experience... BUT, the Hopper is a MONSTER. And I think I'm actually beginning to be able to determine which strains I have that are "weaker" than others. That is the first step in determining consistency in performance, for me at least.
If you have a strain that you know is potent, my advise is to try and never run out of it until you find another strain of equal strength. It's like a gold-standard for measurement of Hopper health. Fuck, it's the only way to know for sure.

How many times does it happen that you take a draw, feel the hot air, and are perplexed that the cloud wasn't nearly enough for what you thought you should've gotten? I'm betting 3 to 1 that it's the herb status (moisture, potency, grind).

I say this impartially, as I have not studied all the posts, but, how many of us have made comments or posted things that we sooner or later realize were ignorant or a bit acerbic? I have, and I always hope they go unnoticed. Sometimes I say dickish things. And I'm grateful those who may hear them let it go.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

natural farmer

personaly I would not recommend this... may void your warranty...
I doubt anyone could tell... I owned a Nokia Store a few years back and cleaning the phone's circuitry board by submerging it in pure alcohol or ISO was done almost every day. Especially for phones that got wet somehow. Such cleaning saved a lot of phones, let me tell you...
Anyway, I don't recommend it as it could potentially prove harmful (for instance if it's not completely dry and it's powered on) but it works.

Top Bottom