Discontinued The Grasshopper

btka

And what part was replaced, if you don't mind me asking?
try to tap gently holding the mouthpiece end in your hand and tapping backend on sth soft (e.g. upper lag)... then the pin should get in place.... oights shouldmwork as normalm5nsec red then blue and heat... I did this and it seemed to work right especially thenlightsn (5sec red then blue) butnvapor production was bad, gh did not heat upmto temp.. but somebody else tired this and stated it is working... please tell me what happened..

I am goingmto send my gh to HL because of the immediatly blue lights... also I am interessted what HL did to others with the problem sending in the hopper because of immediatl blue lights..

I only heard that HL did send a gh backnstatingnthey could not replicate the immediatl blue light and that they think the pin got in place while shipping...

biohacker

I assume you're "talking" to me. Yeah, it seems pretty weak to me as well. We'll see what happens when I get around to following up with them.

I actually believe that he was talking to me. Do you even read this shit?

It was in reference to @Icon13 post which basically summed up exactly the way I was feeling yesterday, and it's just my style and IMO impeccably written! Loved it! But yeah @moondog I threw that shipping pin shift reference in there to lighten things up! I remember reading a post here by someone that said they only have so many resources, and not to even bother them with too many questions, etc. because that means that a Hopper isn't being worked on or something......fuck me, I wish they allocated their time a little more on securing the pin so it doesn't shift during shipping (or use for that matter), instead of the water pipe attachment! Someone mentioned that HL bit off more than they can chew....I think that sums it up. Priorities need to be addressed IMO.

To add a little bit of positivity to this thread. Mine has been working perfectly with a lot of use the last 4 months(My 1st unit did get the straight to blue failure after 2 weeks of use though).

I feel bad after venting a little yesterday, but then i'm like WTF am I being so hard on myself? I praise and rave about the device way more than complain about it, and after reading some other member's posts (where you been @Bass Vaper ?) I realize i'm barely even whining.

So, with that said i'd like to inject a little more of my previous positivity and optimism, since that turned when I had a strong suspicion of shill post, and was reading way too many political references for a portable vape thread. Last night I had a great session with my OG Titanium....no flickering blue (unless the battery is dying), worked perfect EVERY TIME on the FIRST TIME, and clouds were thick and ample. Again, this hopper is on its 3rd owner, abused to fuck daily, and keeps on ticking without a hiccup.... awesome.

Well.... I received my Heat treated Titanium GH yesterday......I've been reading about them over the last few years and was intrigued.....I saw the other day that GHL had some custom.pieces and shipping was Immediately.....Long story short.....This device fills the bills....

Nice to hear and thanks for sharing! I'm very curious about this brand new stock, and how well they operate! Sounds like you got a screen in your front end! Lucky!

Interesting it happens same day I started using GHB2 eh?

Yeah I personally don't know what all the hype is about. I literally notice zero difference between GHB1 and GHB2 performance, although I think the GHB2 batteries make my OG GH's flicker blue as well. I suppose they will last longer?

I also contacted HL regarding my 2 brand new flakey GH's....hope to hear back within a couple of days. I wish HL was Vriptech, best CS i've ever had....could even text the guy! All they cared about was a HAPPY customer, and I think there are only 2 dudes and a girl working there too. Then again, they don't get even close to the demand, but they also don't bite off more than they can chew.

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I actually believe that he was talking to me. Do you even read this shit?

Wow, no need to be shitty. Just cause he liked your shit better than mine. Who gives a shit anyway? Maybe I misunderstood on purpose. Yeah, that's it.

It was in reference to @Icon13 post which basically summed up exactly the way I was feeling yesterday, and it's just my style and IMO impeccably written! Loved it! But yeah @moondog I threw that shipping pin shift reference in there to lighten things up!

AH HA! So, it wasn't just your shit that he was referencing. How about that shit? But with all the snark flying around, who can keep any of this shit straight? It's like trying to keep track of Drumpf's shitty cabinet nominations, eh Icon?

Anyway, I think perhaps I'm spending way too much time thinking about this shit. I think it was JoeMama (now there's a guy who has his shit together) who mentioned a ways back his discomfort at how much of his mental energy the hopper was consuming. I think I'm there as well today. I realized last night that I spend more time on this forum (hell, this thread) than anywhere else on the web.

I just wish my SS hadn't shit the bed. 'Cause now it's performing like shit no matter what kind of shit I put in it. So ya know what? Fuck the shit. (Warning, NSFW due to language ):doh:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey! @moondog No more Drumpf references we don't need political shit here, just bullshit if there's gonna be any shit. Or maybe we get religious instead of political?
I didn't start this shit and don't know where it all came from, but here are some possible explanations,

Religious Views of the World

Taoism: Shit happens.
Confucianism: Confucious says, shit happens.
Buddhism: If shit happens, it isn't really shit.
Zen: What is the sound of shit happening?
Hinduism: This shit happened before.
Islam: If shit happens, it is the will of Allah.
Protestantism: Let shit happen to someone else.
Native American: What is the medicine of shit?
Catholicism: If shit happens, you deserve it.
Judaism: Why does this shit always happen to us?
Pantheism: It's all the same shit.
Atheism: I don't believe this shit.
Agnosticism: What is this shit?

btw, both my hoppers are working very well, one for two months now and one for one month. I've had a service-free month! One has the smooth back end and one the crunchy. They certainly exhibit some odd behaviors, blinking and sometimes giving signal of weak battery (loosen/tighten threads gives a couple more hits).
Question RE; the test module on the control board. Is that visible as a rather shiny disc, unlike any others on the board? Both of these bodies I have do have that look (one Ti and one SS).

Newer the battery= Better results. Keep 'em topped off.
I put spent batts in Nitecore but also use OEM V1's quite a lot, as I prefer to go off with full charge

Baron23

Hey! @moondog No more Drumpf references we don't need political shit here, just bullshit if there's gonna be any shit. Or maybe we get religious instead of political?
I didn't start this shit and don't know where it all came from, but here are some possible explanations,

Religious Views of the World

Taoism: Shit happens.
Confucianism: Confucious says, shit happens.
Buddhism: If shit happens, it isn't really shit.
Zen: What is the sound of shit happening?
Hinduism: This shit happened before.
Islam: If shit happens, it is the will of Allah.
Protestantism: Let shit happen to someone else.
Native American: What is the medicine of shit?
Catholicism: If shit happens, you deserve it.
Judaism: Why does this shit always happen to us?
Pantheism: It's all the same shit.
Atheism: I don't believe this shit.
Agnosticism: What is this shit?

btw, both my hoppers are working very well, one for two months now and one for one month. I've had a service-free month! One has the smooth back end and one the crunchy. They certainly exhibit some odd behaviors, blinking and sometimes giving signal of weak battery (loosen/tighten threads gives a couple more hits).
Question RE; the test module on the control board. Is that visible as a rather shiny disc, unlike any others on the board? Both of these bodies I have do have that look (one Ti and one SS).

Newer the battery= Better results. Keep 'em topped off.
I put spent batts in Nitecore but also use OEM V1's quite a lot, as I prefer to go off with full charge
That is indeed some insightful shit there, @vapviking ! :clap:

biohacker

Pretty sure this is it, and there is a picture of it recently as well. I too have seen the wonky behaviour of the dead battery red flashing, only to readjust the backend and it's fine.

And now you had to bring religion into this thread? lol . Holy hopper shit!

Icon13

Serial Vapist
try to tap gently holding the mouthpiece end in your hand and tapping backend on sth soft (e.g. upper lag)... then the pin should get in place.... oights shouldmwork as normalm5nsec red then blue and heat... I did this and it seemed to work right especially thenlightsn (5sec red then blue) butnvapor production was bad, gh did not heat upmto temp.. but somebody else tired this and stated it is working... please tell me what happened..

I am goingmto send my gh to HL because of the immediatly blue lights... also I am interessted what HL did to others with the problem sending in the hopper because of immediatl blue lights..

I only heard that HL did send a gh backnstatingnthey could not replicate the immediatl blue light and that they think the pin got in place while shipping...

Not only do I think that is the stupidest solution ever, but I tried it and it doesn't work. It is never been proven to work, it has just been suggested because somebody's Hopper started working coincidentally after they tapped it.
The problem is not the back end. The only function the backend has is to make contact and complete the circuit to turn the device on. If my lights are turning on the circuit is complete. There's obviously something else wrong with the body in my honest opinion. As a matter of fact, on the grasshopper troubleshooting chart it says if your light turns blue immediately there is probably an issue with the heat sensor.

Icon13,
Reactions: Hjalmark

guyonthecouch

Not only do I think that is the stupidest solution ever, but I tried it and it doesn't work. It is never been proven to work, it has just been suggested because somebody's Hopper started working coincidentally after they tapped it.
The problem is not the back end. The only function the backend has is to make contact and complete the circuit to turn the device on. If my lights are turning on the circuit is complete. There's obviously something else wrong with the body in my honest opinion. As a matter of fact, on the grasshopper troubleshooting chart it says if your light turns blue immediately there is probably an issue with the heat sensor.
What are they telling you now? To send that body back again? Or are they just going to send you a new body no questions asked do to it being a heat sensor issue?

guyonthecouch,

Icon13

Serial Vapist
There is nothing silly about it. There is no proof that helped anybody. These devices operate at such an intermittent level that just because it starts working after tapping it on something doesn't necessarily means that's what fixed it. I've seen mine do countless weird things that can't be explained and then randomly stopped doing them out of nowhere. The bottom line is, grasshopper labs has posted that the immediate Bluelight issue is a heat sensor issue on their troubleshooting page. So again, tapping it against something to get rid of the blue light problem is the only silly thing.

Icon13,

Icon13

Serial Vapist
@moondog

I don't know what it is .. But I been incredible zen over my first dead hopper but then again it is my first :D

So don't worry because I show up here next time and totally loss my shit and get banned so the rest can feel "zen" in comparison
I am far past Zen. I got the unit in October. This next replacement will be my 5th body in three months. When am I allowed to get mad? This is bullshit.

Icon13,

btka

then you did not tried hard enough sorry... I know 3 people where it worked ... and one of them is me... I tried it then it worked (although vapor output was very weak)... after one day it turned back to immedeatly blue again ... and after tapping again the lights worked like they should.. the only problem I had was weak performance thin vapor clouds... so I dispatched my hopper today to HL...
also some members reported to have the immediatly blue lights and did send it to HL but HL responded to them that the lights are working correctly and they could not replicate the issue... so caroline told them that it is possible that the pin in the backend was not in position and maybe whilst shipping the pin got in place... but also this people report that the performance of gh is weak..

I am afraid that they will send my gh back telling me the lights work as they should and send it back without doing something to solve the weak performance, that would be very frustrating after the gh performes weak (almost no clouds and abv is green) ... so I wanted to know if yours will do the same and if yes that you should tell HL... otherwise maybe you will get a weak performing gh back and they will tell you it was working all right...

Last edited:

Icon13

Serial Vapist
then you did not tried hard enough sorry... I know 3 people where it worked ... and one of them is me... I tried it then it worked (although vapor output was very weak)... after one day it turned back to immedeatly blue again ... and after tapping again the lights worked like they should.. the only problem I had was weak performance thin vapor clouds... so I dispatched my hopper today to HL...
also some members reported to have the immediatly blue lights and did send it to HL but HL responded to them that the lights are working correctly and they could not replicate the issue... so caroline told them that it is possible that the pin in the backend was not in position and maybe whilst shipping the pin got in place...

the only stupid thing is your ignorance but ok I can understand this because you are frustrated that your gh is not working...

Yeah, because Hopper Labs has been so transparent, one hundred percent accurate, and reliable. Right? I think in this case ignorance would be actually listening to grasshopper Labs.

If the pin was out of position your lights wouldn't turn on and there would be no power. I have experienced this before and multiple clicks (like 50) fixed it for a couple puffs, and then I would have to do it all over again.

I still firmly believe that your devices are intermittently working and tapping it actually did nothing. It also clearly states on the official Grasshopper troubleshooting page that the problem with the immediate blue light is because a heat sensor issue.

Hopper Labs will throw out any excuse to explain something they can't really explain. Of course they're going to tell you the pin was out of place, because they have no other explanation. Hell, I'll even put money on the fact that you told them about tapping it against something to get it working again and gave them the idea and the ammo to reply to you and let you know that they think it was a pin issue. I wonder what their explanation would have been if you never mentioned that?

In addition we have seen the backend recently disassembled due to a defective gluing job. The back end is very simple in design. There is a metal pin it gets pushed down and makes contact to complete the circuit. That's it. If the circuit is complete, then there is contact and the power is on. If the lights are on, the power is on. If the pen is out of place it will not make contact and there will be no power. Given its simplistic design I just don't see many variables for the backend to cause this. It's a spring-loaded pin, what could possibly go wrong other than not making the connection and not completing the circuit?

Why does your device have weak Vapor production? Every single body I've had that had week Vapor production was followed by a dead heat sensor. In my opinion your heat sensor is going to die soon. I found that dying heat sensors sometimes work intermittently.

But hey, you want to take grasshopper Labs word as being fact, go ahead. Their reputation precedes them.

Last edited:

btka

Yeah, because Hopper Labs has been so transparent, one hundred percent accurate, and reliable. Right? I think in this case ignorance would be actually listening to grasshopper Labs.

If the pin was out of position your lights wouldn't turn on and there would be no power. I have experienced this before and multiple clicks (like 50) fixed it for a couple puffs, and then I would have to do it all over again.

I still firmly believe that your devices are intermittently working and tapping it actually did nothing. It also clearly states on the official Grasshopper troubleshooting page that the problem with the immediate blue light is because a heat sensor issue.

Hopper Labs will throw out any excuse to explain something they can't really explain. Of course they're going to tell you the pin was out of place, because they have no other explanation. Why does your device have weak Vapor production? Every single body I've had that had week Vapor production was followed by a dead heat sensor. In my opinion your heat sensor is going to die soon. I found that dying heat sensors sometimes work intermittently.

But hey, you want to take grasshopper Labs word as being fact, go ahead. Their reputation precedes them.

look I will try to explain it again... I had the immediately blue lights problem... I tapped the gh gently and the lights worked correctly but ghs performance was weak... I had the feeling when turning temp dial that it did not change the temp up or down it was alwas same weak temp..

yes maybe you are right and it s the heat sensor and tapping did something to the heat sensor... only HL knows how gh works (at least I hope so) and there were other members with the same blue light problem who got their ghs back from HL and HL told them that when they recived and checked the ghs they worked as they should and did not turn blue immediatly.. so HL did seend the ghs back without repairing.. and that some members are not happy because this gh which HL send back did perform poorly...

and you have to tapp your gh in your palm for example until lights work correctly... it is not the case that you tapp 3 or four times and it works... I needed several attempts until it worked...

and please show me where on the trouble shooting it says immediatly blue lights and sensor damage I could and can not find it..

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/information/troubleshooting-guide/

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The only function the backend has is to make contact and complete the circuit to turn the device on.
While I agree with your assessment of the sometimes irrational/unscientific behaviors folks exhibit, I also take issue with this statement.
The back end regulates temperature, for one thing. Isn't this a process, not simply a completed circuit?

Icon13

Serial Vapist
While I agree with your assessment of the sometimes irrational/unscientific behaviors folks exhibit, I also take issue with this statement.
The back end regulates temperature, for one thing. Isn't this a process, not simply a completed circuit?

Well, I don't know for a fact. Perhaps you are right. What I do know for a fact is that every time I had a heat sensor issue a new body was sent to me. I didn't even send my back end in. The unit worked afterwards. I always thought the heat sensor, the component which regulates the temperature, was located in the body by the heating element.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Well, this is feeling more and more like what Emo was describing in the video I posted above. But since I think my situation is one of those being referred to in the current debate (although I could be wrong like I was earlier; shameless attention hound that I seem to be), I want to restate that situation in the interest of accuracy.

I turned on the hopper, got a red LED for a second or two, then the hopper went dark. This was an intermittent problem over a couple of days with the hopper working OK in between incidents. When it malfunctioned I never got any blue lights or cop lights. Just brief red and dark. The troubleshooting guide says if that's what happens you need more support and to file a warranty request. That's what I did. I didn't attempt any percussive maintenance. It may be that knocks something back into place or wakes up the tiny nanobots that live in the hopper heater, I don't know, but the last thing I want is to hear from the lab is that since I was knocking my hopper around they can't honor the warranty.

btka

Well, I don't know for a fact. Perhaps you are right. What I do know for a fact is that every time I had a heat sensor issue a new body was sent to me. I didn't even send my back end in. The unit worked afterwards. I always thought the heat sensor, the component which regulates the temperature, was located in the body by the heating element.
nowadays you have to send in gh, charger and battery at least they requested it from me... (two times: cop lights and now immediatly blue lights)
in the past they also send me replacment parts and I had to sned my broken part back after receiving replacement part..

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Well, this is feeling more and more like what Emo was describing in the video I posted above. But since I think my situation is one of those being referred to in the current debate (although I could be wrong like I was earlier; shameless attention hound that I seem to be), I want to restate that situation in the interest of accuracy.

I turned on the hopper, got a red LED for a second or two, then the hopper went dark. This was an intermittent problem over a couple of days with the hopper working OK in between incidents. When it malfunctioned I never got any blue lights or cop lights. Just brief red and dark. The troubleshooting guide says if that's what happens you need more support and to file a warranty request. That's what I did. I didn't attempt any percussive maintenance. It may be that knocks something back into place or wakes up the tiny nanobots that live in the hopper heater, I don't know, but the last thing I want is to hear from the lab is that since I was knocking my hopper around they can't honor the warranty.

So what you are saying is that your issue was probably completely unrelated to my issue. My light is red for about a second or two and then turns blue. Yours probably had the pin out of place because it would turn red but then shut off because they're probably wasn't a good enough connection to complete the circuit and continue to power the unit. Like I said, the pin out of place equals no power. I've experienced this and it worked itself out. Straight to Blue equals some sort of heating sensor issue, and this is coming straight from grasshopper labs.

JoeMama

I am starting to think the only way HL are gonna fix this anemic cloudage issue is with mains power.

I feel like tonight I was getting some weaker vapour, so I had a heap trying to have that nice fresh GH bong feeling. I finally got there with a battery fresh from the charger, so I'm going to call it and say that GHB2s are of the same relative durability as GHB1s, time will tell and you heard it hear first but... yeah fuck batteries. The practical bastards. Invest in graphene capacitors.
Hey Molten, I went through this exact thing recently, and had sent the entire hopper back to GHL... it came back with no action taken on their part... they said it was fine.

And they were right.... at least, it was fine when I began using a different portion of my stash of that particular strain. I mean I could swear it wasn't the herb. I still vacillate on my assessment. But it's working fine now. And once in a while, when I plug in a different strain, it seems anemic all over again. And that (for me) means that the herb in question wasn't as "cloud-potent" as the others I have.

I don't know if this helps, but it's a datapoint.

So my piece of shit Hopper came back from the piece of shit post office. They sent me a piece of shit because this piece of shit turns blue immediately and produces no piece of shit heat. Do they even test these pieces of shit replacement pieces of shit before they send them? Did I mention this product is a piece of shit?

Oh, and I just noticed this piece of shit flashes red once upon power off. CAN THEY JUST MAKE THESE PIECES OF SHIT TO ALL FUNCTION THE SAME? FUCK!!!

As I've read through the last several pages, noticing the bad blood circulating, I can only say, to whomever is having awful GHL experiences, that I understand and I hope somehow you find an opening to allow a solution for your issue(s).

This particular post here, Icon... holy shit... I empathize with you.

Not really, it's still a connection, and not a "process". Process is used for such things like "signal processing", where something complicated happens. The backend is, technically, a "variable resistive connection".

guyonthecouch

I thought the PCBs in the back end controlled/communicated with the heat sensors in the body..

Top Bottom