Discontinued The Grasshopper

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm pretty sure it would. Just have to get the right size obviously. Methinks on that isn't skinny but that has some cushioning to it.
If you have any silicone whip tubing (equal or larger than 5/16" I.D.) a very short length, like 1/2" can be a less expensive alternative to the condom, but I think it would have to be snug-fit on the Hopper rather than left in your glass mp.

MoltenTiger

So I just had a sesh with the GH and I noticed for the first time, the back end started to get very hot. In fact the whole Hopper got quite hot, more than usual.

Does a hot back-end mean imminent failure?
Not imminent. Though it's not a good symptom, if it's not a frequent occurance it'll be right for a while at least

JoeMama

If you have any silicone whip tubing (equal or larger than 5/16" I.D.) a very short length, like 1/2" can be a less expensive alternative to the condom, but I think it would have to be snug-fit on the Hopper rather than left in your glass mp.

Yes, I think that's correct. I like that it stays inside the glass. Since the silicon MP isn't "tight", I lightly push against it's front to ensure a sealed vapor path.

ChooChooCharlie

At home, doing a 4 draw (always on) GH session on temp level 4 using crafty/firewoodMP mod, followed by a tasty and free flowing Mighty capsule session. Shots, then beer. Yum. Strangest thing, though -- I seem to be buying product more frequently.

Know I'm not using it as designed, as GH Labs says to click off after every draw, but it's literally a pain. Dislike that clicker. Leaving temp ring on setting 4, easy, it's just four draws. Also use stock charger after every session with countdown timer set for 30 minutes, don't change batteries. Everything I'm doing is lazy: no dialing, clicking, replacing.

Less wear, or more heat stress on hopper?

ZmgZdE8m.jpg

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: vapviking

JoeMama

Well Bummer.

My grey Ti just took a shit.
No lights, nothing. Different batteries.

But if I partially depress the clicker and hold it at a mid-point, the lights go red and stay that way. I got it to work once. I'm pretty sure it's the back end.

Warranty time.

Last edited:
JoeMama,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well Bummer.

My grey Ti just took a shit.
No lights, nothing. Different batteries.

But if I partially depress the clicker and hold it at a mid-point, the lights go red and stay that way. I got it to work once. I'm pretty sure it's the back end.

Warranty time.
It's become one of life's inevitabilities.
Edit, sorry , hadn't read your next, I'm a bit dopey at this hour I guess...

Don't you have a spare? To swap/check your parts and use while Hopper is in the hospital?
Doesn't everyone?
I can just suggest that you get your warranty form filled out ASAP, before that next shipment hits the streets! ;)
and best of luck.

Grasshopper presents an interesting conundrum at a certain point:
Once a Body has been replaced and then a Back End taps out, i.e. both have been replaced, is this still your 'original' Grasshopper?
Surely the soul of Hopper is not in the mouthpiece.

Every time I've filled out a warranty request it has asked for the date I received the Hopper and I have always used the same date. Now that I've had a Back End replaced, with new serial number and this one has quickly gotten hot, I'm not sure what date to put on the next warranty form...

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Any EU/Scandinavian hopper user here that has gotten his hopper and could tell me how long it took to ship with basic shipping ?

Just wondering because can't find the estimation on usps website

Only thing I found was +10 days maximum 30 days

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Every time I've filled out a warranty request it has asked for the date I received the Hopper and I have always used the same date. Now that I've had a Back End replaced, with new serial number and this one has quickly gotten hot, I'm not sure what date to put on the next warranty form...

My first thought is to use the info for the latest iteration. It could be that they use that info to track which batch your unit came from. I could see that being important for them to know if they really are making iterative changes over time. :2c:

Mr. Me2

I suggest emailing ghl and asking them (regarding which date to use). And please post their reply here!

JoeMama

It's become one of life's inevitabilities.
Edit, sorry , hadn't read your next, I'm a bit dopey at this hour I guess...

Don't you have a spare? To swap/check your parts and use while Hopper is in the hospital?
Doesn't everyone?
I can just suggest that you get your warranty form filled out ASAP, before that next shipment hits the streets! ;)
and best of luck.

Grasshopper presents an interesting conundrum at a certain point:
Once a Body has been replaced and then a Back End taps out, i.e. both have been replaced, is this still your 'original' Grasshopper?
Surely the soul of Hopper is not in the mouthpiece.

My first thought is to use the info for the latest iteration. It could be that they use that info to track which batch your unit came from. I could see that being important for them to know if they really are making iterative changes over time. :2c:

This has perplexed me as well. I'd always considered the Received date as when I receieved the original, because I sure as fuck am not keeping track of what THEY should know better than I do!

Last edited:

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

If I had to guess, which I do since I don't know, is that they would want you to send the most recent date you received something that way they can track batches.

I was over at HL yesterday as there is a food truck park there and while I was waiting for Tacos in the evening I saw the mailman take a huge amount of boxes out of hopper labs so it looks like GH Santa is working hard!

btka

Any EU/Scandinavian hopper user here that has gotten his hopper and could tell me how long it took to ship with basic shipping ?

Just wondering because can't find the estimation on usps website

Only thing I found was +10 days maximum 30 days

I got my replacment bodies from ghl via usps in 12 to 14 days... from ghl to europe it takes 4 to 6 days but until it passes the custom it takes extra 4 to 7 days.... you do not have to pay customs for warranty parts...

JoeMama

Maybe mentioning it here is the next best thing?
Let's see if an answer pops up in the blog!
Maybe so, but I hate to say, again, why should I keep track of what I send them, when they have the record of shipment? I simply am not going to keep notes in this crap. They have the SN''s; they ca track it.

Which brings me to:

When a backend is replaced, what happens to the SN? Do they automatically change it to reflect the latest one are sent back in exchange??
And also, as there are no identifying marks on the body, how the heck do they keep track of design iterations? It can't be like, "oh lookie, there's an extra capacitor inside there; it must be a new revision we made".

I dunno, just weird.

biohacker

So do you guys prefer the SS or Ti more? I'm finding that the SS gets hotter, and i'm starting to notice that the back end can get to scorching from time to time. I think i'm going with two new Ti for my backups instead of one of each like I originally planned. I like the lighter feel and texture of the Ti as well.

Still in disbelief what this thing can do. It's like an ultra portable EVO or something....

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
So do you guys prefer the SS or Ti more? I'm finding that the SS gets hotter, and i'm starting to notice that the back end can get to scorching from time to time. I think i'm going with two new Ti for my backups instead of one of each like I originally planned. I like the lighter feel and texture of the Ti as well.

Still in disbelief what this thing can do. It's like an ultra portable EVO or something....
I find myself using the SS more just because the threads feel so much smoother than the TI, even after cleaning the threads.

Top Bottom