Discontinued The Grasshopper

btka

As our 7 batteries (2 Hoppers/people) all go into decline I’m less inclined to care about their lifespan or good management, while I'm also a little concerned about tracking which ones are the ‘good’ ones, etc., so I’m thinking of trying to work with one, maybe two at a time until they each give out.

I got out a second HL charger to be available and for starters, that made it easier to try this out:

With a new, full chamber, took a nice hit at temp. 3.8, but flashing red came on and heat stopped as in, time for battery charge. I attached HL charger and switched on. It soon went to blue for another nice long draw, but then to red flashing (I know it can do this without plugging in, but typically only once). Turned it off and set it down for a minute, was able to repeat and then 3X more to finish at temp 4.8, all without swapping a battery out – for another that might only last one or two bowls anyway.

I don’t think the Hopper would keep this pace indefinitely (regardless of battery age); not so sure it is true pass through and further, i believe usb doesn’t deliver enough current…but maybe I’m gonna find the limit soon enough!

@JoeMama & @Bass Vaper I want to note this: I'm using two different chargers (v1) and two wall warts (from S&B Crafty). Been connecting magnet to Hopper and removing a lot, and also leaving on charger during/after use. Sometimes the charge cycle will not initiate when magnet is connected. Try again, still no lights. And sometimes with charge connected, after a draw and click to off, the charge doesn't initiate, even after minutes to cool. Remove/replace magnet does not start charge cycle. Unplug/re-plug usb from wall wart, or wart from wall, and charge begins. Methinks high, wtf? I don't see a distinct/repeating behavior but I do see that occasionally I unplug/replug the far end of charge wire to get some action.

Even stranger is that they are NOT guaranteeing delivery by the holidaze, only that an estimated ship month of 'December' will be assigned to the order. Track record on meeting esd's is clear.
someone earlier lmentioned that you first have to connect the charger tonyour gh and then plug it in

jivebuggered

Strange update...
Who are they sending that message to?
People with hoppers and people waiting. People waiting are properly annoyed by it, and people with one don't really care about receiving a weak marketing statement.
I will still recommend anyone interested to buy retail.

I guess they're waiting on batteries and are about to send out a mass shipment, but the backlog is sizeable still. It would have been an appropriate update if they'd dropped the word 'estimate' and actually had some faith in their abilities to deliver.
We've already eaten enough of their weak sauce and that update was a hoppered af moment for HL PR

While we are on the subject of companies saying something and nothing happens I have just started a new thread in Vaporization Discussion concerning "International version Herbalizer" if members could please read and act on it would be great thanks

guyonthecouch

When pairing with glass i've started priming my bowls with one or two short tokes without the glass first. Once I taste/feel the vapor flowing I start pulling from my piece first and then put the Hopper in the stem.
This helps conserve battery and shortens the length of your tokes/whitewalls quicker. Applying the Hopper after I've started hauling avoids any backflow from the glass to the Hopper chamber.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

As our 7 batteries (2 Hoppers/people) all go into decline
I should mention, this past weekend I used four of my GHB1s after they sat around charged for a few weeks. It seems this break revived some capacity, or something. Before the batteries would last a bowl, now they last three. The GHB2s are still noticeably better, but not by a huge margin.
Pretty sure the batteries that died are still dead, but I'll test them when I return home in a couple of days.

kato1234

I went to the GL site and set up an order for a stainless with 2 batteries just to check out shipping costs etc. I am in Canada and wanted to compare cost. With 2 batteries and shipping it came to about 215 USD but it also said shipping date changed to immediately. Do they actually have on hand stock now?

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I went to the GL site and set up an order for a stainless with 2 batteries just to check out shipping costs etc. I am in Canada and wanted to compare cost. With 2 batteries and shipping it came to about 215 USD but it also said shipping date changed to immediately. Do they actually have on hand stock now?

Its probably bullshit but there have been rumors they are just waiting for batteries but hopper credibility is buried deep in the dumps of preorder products

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Patience has stopped being a talent with HL.... The most annoying thing is that they're only giving out a bloody battery and they have you waiting for god knows how long.
Not to mention the fact that they're playing around with you whenever they want.
It's almost a month now that I've received the confirmation letter and Caroline was persuading me that she's doing her best to send my units out. She even told me that everything is ready and they'd be sending them out in no time. When I saw days and weeks going by, I sent them another email asking for a little extra present and I asked her if she could check with HL if they could send me an extra mouthpiece since I've been waiting for almost a year now. And of course I also asked about a rough accurate on my shipment. You know you can't ask for an accurate one so you're just trying to get any information you can.

Result? I got an email back in around 2-3 days saying that for their delay an extra battery has been included in every order and that estimated shipment would be in 7-14 days. The most ridiculous part was that the email was sent from the same address but now with the signature:

Best,
HL Team.

I mean what the fuck.... do they think that we're so stupid or they don't give a damn about it anymore..
I wonder if there is any legal coverage on such issues. And I wish that someone buys out their company and continue their job properly and professionally.

Hawk

I'm still waiting for my Oct 31st order of batteries to be shipped. A month now while my original batteries are almost completely dead.

Hawk,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
If you click on the batteries they have an estimated ship date of 1 week. Ill wait one more week before I send another email to them.

So glad we can take turns emailing them

Are we in abusive relationship we this manufacturer ?

Feel like this could be in some editorial back colum about relationships advice

Hjalmark,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but they could be out of money and using this as as another call to action preorder.

In real life they have expanded staff and even have an open house on saturday's since their is an awesome new food truck park/brew pub right next door to hopper labs, I was there a few weekends ago and hung out for a bit, a guy came in a bought a hopper then I hung out with him and had a beer and a burger #BoulderLife

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
In real life they have expanded staff and even have an open house on saturday's since their is an awesome new food truck park/brew pub right next door to hopper labs, I was there a few weekends ago and hung out for a bit, a guy came in a bought a hopper then I hung out with him and had a beer and a burger #BoulderLife

Since you were there, you should be able to confirm if they've hired enough staff to meet a December deadline?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Hjalmark

slcbdco

Since you were there, you should be able to confirm if they've hired enough staff to meet a December deadline?

I don't know how many orders that is so I can't say for certain, what I can say is the first time I was there there we 3 employees now there's like 10 or more and they've added a lot of infrastructure, machines etc so I know production has increased exponentially and as a company they seem to be going strong!

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive

What ?

As in "gave cash and got product in hand" ? :uhoh:

slcbdco

Prolly had to use Paypal. ;)
There's also been a store in Boulder stocking Hoppers for a while now, reported here by @slcbdco.

Yes, as in guy walked in and bought a grasshopper from hopper labs. Also the Dispensary Terrapin Care Station also based in Boulder was a retail backer and has had units available at the stores in Boulder and Denver for those in Colorado https://www.terrapincarestation.com

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Aha Alright... forgot I was a second class customer with my hobo-esq preorder

I think I just head back over to the preorder thread and weep in my urine soaked overalls with the rest of the bums

Thx again Hopper labs

Edit: hope people don't take this to seriously , of course I am disappointed but not that much I would pee in my favorite overalls

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Aha Alright... forgot I was a second class customer with my hobo-esq preorder

I think I just had back over to the preorder thread and weep in my urine soaked overalls with the rest of the bums :haw:

Thx again Hopper labs
You're getting a discounted price (right?) and a free battery, having agreed at ordering time to wait. I'm certainly not saying HL has done it right in order fulfillment department, but there have been other options all along.

Bass Vaper

Patience has stopped being a talent with HL.... The most annoying thing is that they're only giving out a bloody battery and they have you waiting for god knows how long.
Not to mention the fact that they're playing around with you whenever they want.

I wonder if there is any legal coverage on such issues. And I wish that someone buys out their company and continue their job properly and professionally.

Sounds familiar. I filed a complaint with the CO BBB for what that's worth (which is nothing). All we can do is continue to expose the bs that a number of customers have to deal with. I was super nice until warranty request #9, now I'm just a super Dick. I really don't like being that guy, but they clearly don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves so they can pound shit for all i care.

Shame too, I love the thing when it works. I finally broke down and spent $30 on an external charger. The batteries are all shit piles. All of my chargers crapped out too. They currently have 3 of them for "repair". Which means they'll hold onto them for a month, do nothing, and then send them back saying they're fixed.

Couldn't agree more, someone needs to buy them out and run it like a real business.

JoeMama

Does GHL have a FB Page?

Seems like a silly question, or even a silly thing for them to have, because, if I was on FB and I was having this kind of issue with GH, I'd be slingin shit all over that fucking timeline.

Just sayin

JoeMama,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Just an update for everyone ..
Ordered batteries about a month ago, got an email November 9th after I emailed them, letting me know they were waiting on a shipment, and still nothing.
Anyone else have any other results who ordered batteries recently?

AJS,
Top Bottom