Discontinued The Grasshopper

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I don’t know. I may just take my mighty and fuck it. I have my medical card here in NYS. I’ll just play dumb.

I just don’t see the DynaVap being good for me. Although it does look awesome.

I’m really pissed about my hopper.

Maybe I should take my Cloud and hydratube LOL!!!

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I don’t know. I may just take my mighty and fuck it. I have my medical card here in NYS. I’ll just play dumb.

I just don’t see the DynaVap being good for me. Although it does look awesome.

I’m really pissed about my hopper.

Maybe I should take my Cloud and hydratube LOL!!!
I sure as fuck wouldn't be going to weed world without my favorite vape. Clean it up sparkly and take that shit dude. Buy some isopropyl at a Walgreens before you leave and clean it again.

mario

So far so good for me. I got my Hopper two weeks ago, originally purchased on May 22nd. So supposedly part of the 'new batch' with the 100% fixed parts.

I can say so far, it has worked flawlessly. No back end heat, no flashing red lights, just awesome hits constantly. I didn't trust it to be my normal every day vape for the first week or so and I kept my Mighty with me as well. But this week so far, I have only taken my hopper with me, and it has been fantastic. The button is smooth, the dial is smooth. It is honestly exactly as I would expect a new vape to show up on my doorstep.

So I know that isn't a long time to test things out, based on what people have said so far in here. But that is my experience so far with a new unit. For those who are still doubting that they can turn this around.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
O
So far so good for me. I got my Hopper two weeks ago, originally purchased on May 22nd. So supposedly part of the 'new batch' with the 100% fixed parts.

I can say so far, it has worked flawlessly. No back end heat, no flashing red lights, just awesome hits constantly. I didn't trust it to be my normal every day vape for the first week or so and I kept my Mighty with me as well. But this week so far, I have only taken my hopper with me, and it has been fantastic. The button is smooth, the dial is smooth. It is honestly exactly as I would expect a new vape to show up on my doorstep.

So I know that isn't a long time to test things out, based on what people have said so far in here. But that is my experience so far with a new unit. For those who are still doubting that they can turn this around.

Don’t mean to be a negative Nancy but 2 weeks is hardly any amount of time. Let’s see how it fairs 3 months from now.

And don’t take this wrong way. I really hope yours works for a long time to come. Honestly we all want working hoppers and a good company to support them

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
O

Don’t mean to be a negative Nancy but 2 weeks is hardly any amount of time. Let’s see how it fairs 3 months from now.

And don’t take this wrong way. I really hope yours works for a long time to come. Honestly we all want working hoppers and a good company to support them

California is legal for adults over 21. I'm not sure what you're worried about. If you're worried about getting busted you won't, it's legal. And if you're worrying about offending people, be discrete and courteous. You don't need any other identification than to prove you're over 21.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
He's not. He's looking for something inexpensive and dependable.

@NewVape420 you're going to be on the West Coast. Smoking weed isn't going to really be a big deal. Be discrete, and don't act skevey or like you're doing anything wrong. Just act normal, find a quite place, and have a good time.
California is legal for adults over 21. I'm not sure what you're worried about. If you're worried about getting busted you won't, it's legal. And if you're worrying about offending people, be discrete and courteous. You don't need any other identification than to prove you're over 21.
I’m sorry but that is just wrong and could potentially lead to legal trouble. It is only legal to consume cannabis on private property in California.

“You can consume cannabis on private property but you cannot consume, smoke, eat, or vape cannabis in public places. Property owners and landlords may ban the use and possession of cannabis on their properties.”

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/DO/letstalkcannabis/Pages/legal.aspx

The VapCap is a wonderful vaporizer but it is missing the one key advantage the Grasshopper has, which is stealth.

If I were @newVaper420, I would send Hopper Labs another email explaining my situation and how I already missed having it on one vacation, and don’t want to miss another. They say it’s about parts and the order received but there are always exceptions to the rule, hence the squeaky wheel. Get them to send you one just so you shut up, they might look at the 5 other polite emails from people ahead of you in line and say “they can wait, they don’t seem too upset about the delay.”

If that fails, and even if it doesn’t, I would consider going with pens and cartridges. The ease of use and convenience can’t be beat. If I was on vacation I wouldn’t want to spend a lot of time grinding bud, loading and reloading constantly, cleaning stuff, etc. Just get a pen and be done. Press a button, take a hit, and get on with things. I would take a Grasshopper and maybe even a VapCap or Mighty for any opportune moments, but a pen would be my main means of consumption.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
it is missing the one key advantage the Grasshopper has, which is stealth
Not really stealth to suck on a pen, I'm always feeling comical when hitting the GH! Although it's stealth when not in use.

(out of topic but I found the Fury, Alfa, Torch by topBond, Fog and Starry a lot better for stealth topic)

Mine is still going strong but overheat after 2-3 back to back hits (overheating light pattern, I think it means battery is too hot)), not good for sharing with friends. It happens with every old, recent, ghb1, ghb2 batteries I own . If I wait a few minutes I can use it again but have to fiddle with the dial up and down until I get a solid light.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I’m sorry but that is just wrong and could potentially lead to legal trouble. It is only legal to consume cannabis on private property in California.

“You can consume cannabis on private property but you cannot consume, smoke, eat, or vape cannabis in public places. Property owners and landlords may ban the use and possession of cannabis on their properties.”

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/DO/letstalkcannabis/Pages/legal.aspx

The VapCap is a wonderful vaporizer but it is missing the one key advantage the Grasshopper has, which is stealth.

If I were @newVaper420, I would send Hopper Labs another email explaining my situation and how I already missed having it on one vacation, and don’t want to miss another. They say it’s about parts and the order received but there are always exceptions to the rule, hence the squeaky wheel. Get them to send you one just so you shut up, they might look at the 5 other polite emails from people ahead of you in line and say “they can wait, they don’t seem too upset about the delay.”

If that fails, and even if it doesn’t, I would consider going with pens and cartridges. The ease of use and convenience can’t be beat. If I was on vacation I wouldn’t want to spend a lot of time grinding bud, loading and reloading constantly, cleaning stuff, etc. Just get a pen and be done. Press a button, take a hit, and get on with things. I would take a Grasshopper and maybe even a VapCap or Mighty for any opportune moments, but a pen would be my main means of consumption.

Problem is I don’t want to rush them. I’d rather get a working hopper than something they rush out to me.

I’ll explain the situation to them, but I’m not going to force anything.

Anyhow, I also am nervous that it’s going to fail on me.

Maybe I’ll just buy some pre rolls and call it a day. Decisions, decisions.

When I went to San Diego, I primarily used pens, but I did combust because I love flowers a lot lol

Edit: ok... the politest message sent to Grasshopper just asking them if they could get me the hopper back by such a date because I have a trip to go on. I’ll keep you posted

Last edited:

Rel2018

Hey guys,

I received a new Hopper today, ordered Mid May.
In general, everything went smooth.
Customer service answered in 1 day in avg, shipment came in time, and the hopper is working.

Only thing is the dial is very “rough” or heavy to move which I don’t mind.

One thing is that on 3.5 native with PFE it gets very hot in a way that after 10 seconds it burns my lips and I have to let go.
I saw some posting on that just wanted to make sure. Other than tgat vapor is great and taste is amazing.

EDIT: one more question - how many hits should I take each time I fill the GH ? 2-3 ?

Mr. Me2

Hey guys,

I received a new Hopper today, ordered Mid May.
In general, everything went smooth.
Customer service answered in 1 day in avg, shipment came in time, and the hopper is working.

One thing is that on 3.5 native with PFE it gets very hot in a way that after 10 seconds it burns my lips and I have to let go.
I saw some posting on that just wanted to make sure. Other than tgat vapor is great and taste is amazing.

EDIT: one more question - how many hits should I take each time I fill the GH ? 2-3 ?
Congrats @Rel2018 !

A very warm mouthpiece is expected with the gh. I never used the pfe, but with the regular mouthpiece, for me the solution is to not put my lips near the end. Some people use a provided cover/condom or a water tool. I never bothered.

Regarding the number of pulls per load, it differs depending on how people use it (and lung capacity). I generally get 3, and the 4th is just to finish it off.

Hope this helps. Make sure you visit @Ratchett’s site for much needed and great gh accessories!

Easywider

Simple is the way
Well after 8 days, 8 emails and 1 new RMA request I FINALLY got a response about my missing batteries.

My emails were ignored so I opened an RMA. In my RMA I apologized for opening a new warranty request as this was not a warranty related issue and explained my only reason is that its been 5 days and nobody will respond to my emails about my missing batteries from my hopper delivery.

In pure hopper fashion this was Drews response:

"Your order is showing that the batteries shipped and were delivered. Can you confirm whether you received the batteries or not?"

:goat::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Stall stall stall, man these guys make me salty!

Rel2018

Congrats @Rel2018 !

A very warm mouthpiece is expected with the gh. I never used the pfe, but with the regular mouthpiece, for me the solution is to not put my lips near the end. Some people use a provided cover/condom or a water tool. I never bothered.

Regarding the number of pulls per load, it differs depending on how people use it (and lung capacity). I generally get 3, and the 4th is just to finish it off.

Hope this helps. Make sure you visit @Ratchett’s site for much needed and great gh accessories!

Thanks !!

I also noticed that the more pressure you use with your lips the hotter it gets so just no pressure helps a lot.

No doubt, I’m happy !

Is it worth smoking the ABV in a joint ?

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Thanks !!

I also noticed that the more pressure you use with your lips the hotter it gets so just no pressure helps a lot.

No doubt, I’m happy !

You’re asking about smoking on this site? Remember...fuck combustion!

Rel2018

Congrats @Rel2018 !

What’s Rachett’s site address ?

Rel2018,

juke52

Hey guys,

I have the same problem with the hard-to-turn dial on my newly repaired GH, which got a new back end in its most recent 6 months in the shop. I was told that pushing the dial into/towards the body of the unit while turning can free it up. It does, but it doesn't 'cure' the problem permanently, as you'll still have to do this every time you want to turn the dial.

As for the number of hits, I usually get 5 or 6 per load, starting with heat set around 2.5 or 3 on the first few, and finishing off with the dial set to 5. The first is always the best of course, and then you get diminishing returns after that.

Baron23

LOL Indeed :rofl:

Best laugh I had all day.
sigh....well, still no reply. I will give them to 8 pm est (closing or past closing in CO) and then I'm going to fire up the keyboard.

There are no excuses left for these bozos.

So, where is our resident Hopper Labs apologist lately? Got any spin on how all of this really is steps on the path to success?

I don't believe that I have ever dealt with such an incompetent company......but then again there are a lot of vapes out there that I don't own so maybe there is worse out there.

Rel2018

I have the same problem with the hard-to-turn dial on my newly repaired GH, which got a new back end in its most recent 6 months in the shop. I was told that pushing the dial into/towards the body of the unit while turning can free it up. It does, but it doesn't 'cure' the problem permanently, as you'll still have to do this every time you want to turn the dial.

As for the number of hits, I usually get 5 or 6 per load, starting with heat set around 2.5 or 3 on the first few, and finishing off with the dial set to 5. The first is always the best of course, and then you get diminishing returns after that.

Thanks for the input!

Do you use the GH native ?
No chance I can use it on 5 without extensions/water piece, Gets way too hot, even on 3.5-3.7
I need to get my hands on the Zupubler mentioned here before or maybe something smaller even, if exists.

Do you do all 6 in one session or you take long breaks between hits?

snaffle

Thanks !!

No doubt, I’m happy !

Hi, welcome again :)

Don't tell the others, but you certainly can smoke the ABV in a joint. I know people who use it as "filler" instead of tobacco for joints sometimes. I don't imagine it tastes great, but you can. People more often eat it, either directly on something like a peanut butter sandwich, or extracting the contents into oil or similar. You can also make massage oil, topicals, lube... Many fun options :)

A few more comments about the heat. Many people click the grasshopper off just before ending their inhale, and then continue to inhale for a second once it's off. This helps cool it to some extent. But yes, for me I either use my grasshopper through a dry glass bubbler, or wait maybe 20 seconds between hits.

As to number of hits, keep hitting it until you aren't getting any more vapour to speak of. Which will depend on how long your hit is, how good the stuff you're putting in it is, how moist it is, etc.

Unrelatedly, my backend has been getting burningly hot for the past few months, when it's on. Still seems to work well, but I don't like it, it worries me. I get paranoid about batteries getting too hot, though I'm sure there will be a bunch of safeguards built in to the hopper. I'll get it fixed eventually, but don't want to be without it (and no, I don't want to buy a second one!)

fogbank

The prohibition of public consumption that you cited is correct, however the term "legal trouble" might be a little off base.

Smoke, vaporize or ingest cannabis or cannabis products in any public place ($100 infraction).

So this is not a criminal charge but an infraction, which does not result in a criminal record.

I think the issue that is more concerning is flying with a vape, regardless of whether your destination has legalized cannabis. I for one travel with a Grasshopper in my checked luggage all the time. I think it's form factor makes it less suspicious. Traveling with a Mighty in my luggage seems like it would invite inspection. Worse yet would be a Solo, which (to me) sort of resembles a hand grenade or small explosive device.

Baron23

LOL Indeed :rofl:

Best laugh I had all day.
Well, than you will like this. Its 8 pm est and I was about to call in the F-35's with cluster bomb unit munitions (or maybe napalm) when an email from Hopper alerting me to an update in my RMA ticket.

They must have heard me talking to the forward air controller and they got to me just in the nick of time.

Here is what they replied

Drew (Hopper Labs)
I'm sorry for the continued trouble. In the miscommunication that the owner and I had a Titanium body was sent to you instead of a Bronze. I just want to confirm that the new body fixed your issue and the only problem is that you received the wrong color. I will be sending you a bronze body immediately. You are welcome to wait to send us the wrong body at a later date with you broken one.​

My Reply
Hi Drew - I don't know if the silvery looking body (I thought it was SS but you say its Ti) has fixed the issue as I haven't used it in anticipation of needing to send it back in exchange for a Ti Bronze and I assumed you would want it back in "new" condition.

I understand that you will immediately send the Ti Bronze body to me but that you want me to try the silver body to ensure that fixes the issue.

Tonight, I will try the silver Ti body and see if it resolves the issue and I will advise further.
The saga continues. sigh....haha

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I was told after receiving my malfunctioning SS if I sent it in for repair they would immediately fix it and send it back. It's been there since Monday and so far the only response I've gotten is the canned one that they received it and returns will be slower than normal

Baron23

Well, than you will like this. Its 8 pm est and I was about to call in the F-35's with cluster bomb unit munitions (or maybe napalm) when an email from Hopper alerting me to an update in my RMA ticket.

They must have heard me talking to the forward air controller and they got to me just in the nick of time.

Here is what they replied

Drew (Hopper Labs)
I'm sorry for the continued trouble. In the miscommunication that the owner and I had a Titanium body was sent to you instead of a Bronze. I just want to confirm that the new body fixed your issue and the only problem is that you received the wrong color. I will be sending you a bronze body immediately. You are welcome to wait to send us the wrong body at a later date with you broken one.​

My Reply
Hi Drew - I don't know if the silvery looking body (I thought it was SS but you say its Ti) has fixed the issue as I haven't used it in anticipation of needing to send it back in exchange for a Ti Bronze and I assumed you would want it back in "new" condition.

I understand that you will immediately send the Ti Bronze body to me but that you want me to try the silver body to ensure that fixes the issue.

Tonight, I will try the silver Ti body and see if it resolves the issue and I will advise further.
The saga continues. sigh....haha

Ok, further to the saga, I just posted this communications to the RMA ticket:

HI Drew - I just tested with the silver Ti body and my GH is now running well and acceptable. Vapor on first draw through a WP and at the end a nicely extracted AVB.

Maybe a bit cooler than my OG body, but perfectly acceptable and a good performer.

I'm very glad to have a working GH in my hands again. :-)

With this data in hand, I would like to keep this body until I receive the Ti Bronze that you are sending me (PLEASE make sure its a good hot body, yeah...please? haha).

When I receive the new Bronze body, if it works correctly, I will inform you and if you will send me a mailing label then I will return the silver Ti and the poorly performing Ti Bronze body that came back with the initial return of the RMA.

Sound good to you?​

Keep an even strain, my friend.
So, ran a .1 g load of G6 (Jet Fuel, yeah...same maybe) and pretty much sucked it up through an FC-188 in three draws at 4.25. I took another clean up at 4.25 then tried again at 5.0 and got a bit. My AVB looked just right.

This body does still run a bit cooler than my OG, but its perfectly acceptable.

Wow, I don't do Sativa very much and that one load has me zooming. haha

So, like many/most of us...I'm torn. The GH is so great to have in the house working but its really tottering on the edge of if all of this crap is worth it. I slotted an SB Jr into my GH's role for middle of the night meds and it works great every time! haha

Good night, guys.

Top Bottom