Discontinued The Grasshopper

JoeMama

Ok, further to the saga, I just posted this communications to the RMA ticket:

HI Drew - I just tested with the silver Ti body and my GH is now running well and acceptable. Vapor on first draw through a WP and at the end a nicely extracted AVB.

Maybe a bit cooler than my OG body, but perfectly acceptable and a good performer.

I'm very glad to have a working GH in my hands again. :-)

With this data in hand, I would like to keep this body until I receive the Ti Bronze that you are sending me (PLEASE make sure its a good hot body, yeah...please? haha).

When I receive the new Bronze body, if it works correctly, I will inform you and if you will send me a mailing label then I will return the silver Ti and the poorly performing Ti Bronze body that came back with the initial return of the RMA.

Sound good to you?​

Keep an even strain, my friend.
So, ran a .1 g load of G6 (Jet Fuel, yeah...same maybe) and pretty much sucked it up through an FC-188 in three draws at 4.25. I took another clean up at 4.25 then tried again at 5.0 and got a bit. My AVB looked just right.

This body does still run a bit cooler than my OG, but its perfectly acceptable.

Wow, I don't do Sativa very much and that one load has me zooming. haha

So, like many/most of us...I'm torn. The GH is so great to have in the house working but its really tottering on the edge of if all of this crap is worth it. I slotted an SB Jr into my GH's role for middle of the night meds and it works great every time! haha

Good night, guys.

Ah, so it would appear you are closer to resolution; at least right now your sliver body works and you're using a hopper; even if only half of it is your own ;)

I'd recently talked a friend into a hopper, and, alas, 2 months later, it failed with some major clicker problems... No lights, or sometimes, then off, clickclickclick, nothing, etc... Definitely the backend went bad (subbed my backend and it worked fine). I feel so bad, I was afraid of recommending this thing in the first place. But I believed. This time around, I believed. But it's still the same old saga.

You know, moving parts, they just come with problems. And I'm afraid the hopper as it is designed will continue to be plagued. I'm just resigned to it, and even with having two hoppers I remain a nervous owner.

Actually, there's a good reason they originally called it a Zenpen.... It's all about letting go of attachment, because you might have to go without it at any moment. :disgust:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I hope someone writes a comedy book/movie about hopper labs business practices one day. No one would believe they stayed in business this long and still had customers. The company is an absolute joke. I wish EVGA made the Grasshopper vape.

July 14th
Drew from HL said:
I'm very sorry with the trouble. We will get that fixed up for you immediately once it is returned. I will attach a link for a return label so you will not have to pay for shipping again.

July 27
Drew from HL said:
I'm sorry but we are currently out of stock of SS back-ends, this is due to delays on a part that was supposed to be here weeks ago. We apologize for the wait and your Hopper will go out as soon as our provider stops delaying us and ships our parts.

Last edited:

Rel2018

Hey,
How long does it take to charge a battery ? I’ve had the first charging at around 3am, now it’s 8am, still blinking red.

Normal ? :leaf:

Rel2018,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The prohibition of public consumption that you cited is correct, however the term "legal trouble" might be a little off base.

...this is not a criminal charge but an infraction, which does not result in a criminal record.
It was not my intent to scare anyone and I apologize if that happened. I would still vape in public, I was just trying to let people know it’s not exactly legal and discretion is advised. I should have been more clear on that front.

And I never used the term criminal/crime. A civil infraction is still a legal issue.

Legal - “of or relating to law.”

kilo

One thing is that on 3.5 native with PFE it gets very hot in a way that after 10 seconds it burns my lips and I have to let go.
The Hopper has a very short vapor path. This is great as far as cleaning goes but it does result in a hot mouthpiece. As has been mentioned, let it cool down between hits. When at home I prefer to use glass, either a simple J-hook or a bubbler. When out and about I find that stretching a silicone drip tip over the PFE works well; slice it back a bit to enlarge the opening.

Rel2018

Sorry to hear. I think the only way to know for sure is to try an external charger, like Nitecore

Still figuring this one out...

About the heat - yes, silicon piece helps and I’ll cut the opening thanks for the idea!

I found this today and bought it for on the go water piece it’s like the zapubler but I’m not sure about the principle of how it works and a bit scared it would spill on me ( how do I add a picture here ? )

Rel2018

When my internal charger worked it was very particular about how tight the backend was screwed on. It would flash red and never charge if it was too tight or too loose.
That’s what I’m thinking as well. Now I’m trying to find that sweet spot

Rel2018,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Still figuring this one out...

About the heat - yes, silicon piece helps and I’ll cut the opening thanks for the idea!

I found this today and bought it for on the go water piece it’s like the zapubler but I’m not sure about the principle of how it works and a bit scared it would spill on me ( how do I add a picture here ? )

Was just going to comment on the charger but yes its a piece of shit, need to have everything screwed on the right tightness and rotated the right way .... I got 2 faulty chargers before I got a working one but I always use a external charger from Xtar ... but the magnetic one I use when I am sitting by the computer and can leave the hopper charging

When my internal charger worked it was very particular about how tight the backend was screwed on. It would flash red and never charge if it was too tight or too loose.

Took me a year to start using it and then I had gotten 2 faulty ones, I only use mine when I am sitting by the PC for long time, if it sits still while charging it normally does charge but sad because I wanna have it with a powerbank and leave the hopper charging in my "stash bag"

Rel2018

:ko:
Was just going to comment on the charger but yes its a piece of shit, need to have everything screwed on the right tightness and rotated the right way .... I got 2 faulty chargers before I got a working one but I always use a external charger from Xtar ... but the magnetic one I use when I am sitting by the computer and can leave the hopper charging

Took me a year to start using it and then I had gotten 2 faulty ones, I only use mine when I am sitting by the PC for long time, if it sits still while charging it normally does charge but sad because I wanna have it with a powerbank and leave the hopper charging in my "stash bag"

So wait...if it’s blinking red every 4-5 secs then it’s not charging ?

Now I have to buy a charger ?:ko::rolleyes:

Rel2018,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
:ko:

So wait...if it’s blinking red every 4-5 secs then it’s not charging ?

Now I have to buy a charger ?:ko::rolleyes:
I cant even remember :D but yes a external charger is really worth it !

it can charge any size LI ION batteries so that is a +

I got Xtar for 4 batteries and Xtar ANT that takes a single one (also is about the size of their charger but external)

Rel2018

Thanks, I will look into that but for now I have a new Hopper with 3 batteries and no charger.
Anyone knows the time between each red light when the thing is charging ?

Update: blue light has returned.

Last edited:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Thanks, I will look into that but for now I have a new Hopper with 3 batteries and no charger.

Wondering if your light is very faint on the charger?, then you might have a faulty one like I had, but then again tightness and positioning of the magnet is important, though the newest one I have charges perfect every time ... Just slow :D

Also just like I recommend to everyone that got the PFE! Check out Ecigg shops for their 510 sized vape tips because they loosely fit into the PFE and long wooden tips give a nice cool vapor
rBVaR1o40LOAe8SlAAQTKuMU_Zs153.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way

One recurring solution mentioned here is to unplug the 'far' end of the charge cable from its usb adapter, and plug back in. This can correct the failure to charge condition you are describing.

Mr.GoodK@t

Good day, After a loooonggg wait in RMA, from January to the end of May. I think my Hopper is dying again. It just doesn't hit quite the same anymore compared from when I first purchased it. Now as of yesterday It comes on solid red for 2 seconds then nothing. Battery is fully charged and I even switched batteries. Anyone experienced this before or can give me the page number to a solution? I just know I'm not waiting til Thanksgiving for another one.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Good day, After a loooonggg wait in RMA, from January to the end of May. I think my Hopper is dying again. It just doesn't hit quite the same anymore compared from when I first purchased it. Now as of yesterday It comes on solid red for 2 seconds then nothing. Battery is fully charged and I even switched batteries. Anyone experienced this before or can give me the page number to a solution? I just know I'm not waiting til Thanksgiving for another one.

You can try to compress air the thing.... other than that, open an RMA :-(.

fogbank

Not normal at all. Shouldn't take more than 45 min.
45 minutes may be right with an older battery that has lost some of its capacity, but not with a newer battery and the Hopper charger.

I just drained a brand new GHB2 battery (13 1/2 "activations" for anyone keeping count), and it took over 90 minutes to charge back to full capacity. I've observed similar charge times with other new batteries.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
45 minutes may be right with an older battery that has lost some of its capacity, but not with a newer battery and the Hopper charger.

I just drained a brand new GHB2 battery (13 1/2 "activations" for anyone keeping count), and it took over 90 minutes to charge back to full capacity. I've observed similar charge times with other new batteries.
Either way his batteries aren't charging.

Top Bottom