Discontinued The Grasshopper

Mine has rarely worked. It is currently with Hopper Labs for another rma at my expense. I have almost no expectation that it will function for more than a day or two once it is eventually returned to me. I'm pretty certain I will also receive zero explanation or apology from Hopper Labs as well. THAT IS HOW THEY ROLL.

MoltenTiger

Mine has rarely worked. It is currently with Hopper Labs for another rma at my expense. I have almost no expectation that it will function for more than a day or two once it is eventually returned to me. I'm pretty certain I will also receive zero explanation or apology from Hopper Labs as well. THAT IS HOW THEY ROLL.
Every RMA for me has been met with "sorry for the trouble with your grasshopper".
Who've you been messaging and what does an apology or explanation even offer?
Low expectations too, just a day or two? Why bother?

Cannabear

I do Love my Grasshopper and so far its the best portable vaporizer I have ever used. At the same time it I hat this company. They have the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life, the worst. I have been going round and round with them and am at my wits end. I love this product, its the best and I hate this company they are the worst. Whatever you do do not buy a grasshopper. I don't know what to recommend but please save yourself a tremendous heart ack and never ever purchase anything from this company. In fact I would recommend that if a company does not have a customer supprot line that you can speak to a live person then do not by a product from that company. If I could in some way distroy the grasshoper company I would. If anyone is good a media please reach out to me, web media, I would like to start a huge campaign to let everyone in the world know how bad Grasshoppers customer support is. Also if anyone knows of a vaporizer that comes close to the grasshopper please advise so I can tell my friends about it and a larg group of people I am connected to on the net, thank you

justcametomind

I bought a refurbished SS GH a few months ago. It developed an issue and had to be returned to the seller.
Since the shop didn’t have any SS GH (and also to prize me as a customer they said), they sent me a Titanium GH.
The battery it came with, has already died in a couple of weeks of use. No way to recharge or use it. It’s like a brick now. It was a GHB1 battery while I only have seen GHB2 around until now (the previous model had a GHB2 and I bought 2 spares from Hopper Labs).
Other than the obsolete and faulty battery, I guess that I received a Titanium GH body, while both the tips are made of stainless steel. I guess that from the pattern they have. The body is opaque and different from my old SS GH body. It’s also a bit lighter. Both the other parts are shiny and very very similar to what stainless steel looks like.
Titanium should be lighter than steel right?
Is there anyone who can be so kind to weight the mouthpiece and the bottom part so that I can see if I received such a patchwork Grasshopper?
My mouthpiece weights 4,54g and the bottom tip 15,67g.
img.php

http://img218.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=76393_B1566337_D0F2_4C05_AB69_C4B439CEEC5D_122_655lo.jpeg

Last edited:
justcametomind,

jerseydvd

I do Love my Grasshopper and so far its the best portable vaporizer I have ever used. At the same time it I hat this company. They have the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life, the worst. I have been going round and round with them and am at my wits end. I love this product, its the best and I hate this company they are the worst. Whatever you do do not buy a grasshopper. I don't know what to recommend but please save yourself a tremendous heart ack and never ever purchase anything from this company. In fact I would recommend that if a company does not have a customer supprot line that you can speak to a live person then do not by a product from that company. If I could in some way distroy the grasshoper company I would. If anyone is good a media please reach out to me, web media, I would like to start a huge campaign to let everyone in the world know how bad Grasshoppers customer support is. Also if anyone knows of a vaporizer that comes close to the grasshopper please advise so I can tell my friends about it and a larg group of people I am connected to on the net, thank you
So you come on here to advocate us destroying their company?
Pretty sure that's bashing, and not constructive in any way. Going nuts and wanting to deaatroy people's lives over a vape that you actually like?
Unbelieveable....

InhaleExhale

It sounds to me like Hopper Labs are up to their same ol' bait and switch as far as shipping times are concerned, and someone is frustrated with them. Judging by a lot of this thread, I don't think they are alone in their frustration. Lack of detail in the post make it a little hard to follow. Welcome to the forum, care to explain further @Cannabear ?

From last week Tues Hopper Labs was promising to start sending out models last Friday/early this week. Probably more of the same "next Friday. We meant "next" next Friday. Oh, that was supposed to be Next-Next-next Friday."

I don't personally know of anything that is as compact and discrete as the Grasshopper, although some of the 510 mod vapes have potential (but with a learning-curve). When they do relaunched their product I would personally wait a good long time before I would even consider ordering anything from them. I bet their CS is constantly dealing with upset customers and so their CS is sub-par. Not too long ago, some of the forum members here just received their Hopper Labs leather sleeves that were preordered 2-3 years ago!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You certainly are not alone in your frustrations @Cannabear and you are free to be critical of the company as long as you don't keep banging the same drum over and over. Since this is your first post, you have now had your one bite at the cherry. I caution you to not post more along this vein as at that point it could be considered company bashing and earn warning points.

Also be careful with your comments about "destroying" the company. I'm sure you're being hyperbolic, but such language - and attempts to garner outside support - is not appropriate here on FC.

Thanks.

:peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I bought a refurbished SS GH a few months ago. It developed an issue and had to be returned to the seller.
Since the shop didn’t have any SS GH (and also to prize me as a customer they said), they sent me a Titanium GH.
The battery it came with, has already died in a couple of weeks of use. No way to recharge or use it. It’s like a brick now. It was a GHB1 battery while I only have seen GHB2 around until now (the previous model had a GHB2 and I bought 2 spares from Hopper Labs).
Other than the obsolete and faulty battery, I guess that I received a Titanium GH body, while both the tips are made of stainless steel. I guess that from the pattern they have. The body is opaque and different from my old SS GH body. It’s also a bit lighter. Both the other parts are shiny and very very similar to what stainless steel looks like.
Titanium should be lighter than steel right?
Is there anyone who can be so kind to weight the mouthpiece and the bottom part so that I can see if I received such a patchwork Grasshopper?
My mouthpiece weights 4,54g and the bottom tip 15,67g.
img.php

http://img218.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=76393_B1566337_D0F2_4C05_AB69_C4B439CEEC5D_122_655lo.jpeg
If you have a Ti mouthpiece, you will be able (when separated from Hopper) to 'balance' it on a angle, with the beveled edge on the table. A SS mouthpiece will not ever be able to take this precarious-looking position.
If you are curious about a performance front end, they are all made of Ti. ** EDIT, I stand corrected on that point.
At the back end: First, all back ends have a SS 'clip'. Beyond that, the serial number that's etched on the back end should tell the story of at least the back end's material, as it will begin with either TI or SS. (Actually, it's GT or GS).

Last edited:

justcametomind

If you have a Ti mouthpiece, you will be able (when separated from Hopper) to 'balance' it on a angle, with the beveled edge on the table. A SS mouthpiece will not ever be able to take this precarious-looking position.
If you are curious about a performance front end, they are all made of Ti.
At the back end: First, all back ends have a SS 'clip'. Beyond that, the serial number that's etched on the back end should tell the story of at least the back end's material, as it will begin with either TI or SS.
The mouthpiece can stand on its smallest tip. Serial starting with “GT” means Grasshopper Titanium?

justcametomind,

MonkeyTime

If you are curious about a performance front end, they are all made of Ti.
At the back end: First, all back ends have a SS 'clip'. Beyond that, the serial number that's etched on the back end should tell the story of at least the back end's material, as it will begin with either TI or SS.
All PFE's are Ti? They've always listed them separately and had different prices.....

Sweet, I decided on SS for both of my units, if you're right, I got a free upgrade !

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: Hogni

snaffle

Any word from backers on the oil adapters we paid for on Indiegogo? What's up with the wait?

There hasn't been any word on this for a long time, since the Reddit AMA AFAIK. Realistically, I expect they'll be focused on their new in-house setup for now, and ensuring that the reliability upgrades they hope they've been making do actually translate to real improvements for people. If that goes to plan (fingers crossed), I certainly expect that an oil adapter is high on their list of things they want the time / capacity to create. But they need to get the reliability improved first, which is in line with most grasshopper owners' priorities too.

They've also got the new battery charger and steel case coming soon, but hopefully that's just a case of getting the parts back from China, no more engineering / design work needed.

Baron23

Well, after about 18 month of light use and anal care and cleaning, my GH went to cop lights.

I mentioned this before but in light of criticism of CS, I must admit that getting RMA authorization via the web site (and I'm sure their trouble ticket system in the back office) went very quickly and smoothly.

I FedEx ground from Maryland to HL in Boulder yesterday evening. It will get there Thur or Fri latest.

I will let you know when it ships back to me (if I live that long! LOL) and the result.

Cheers

Robob

Veteran Vaporist
So to update my in progress hopper story, and to catch you all up my hopper died back in Nov after less than 2 weeks of use.
I sent it back to GHL on 27th who received it Dec 5th and that was last update I've gotten that they were waiting for new improved pieces etc etc.
Also still no word on that battery charger or SS case I also ordered when the hopper was happily working. Hopefully there is some sort of good news on the horizon!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So to update my in progress hopper story, and to catch you all up my hopper died back in Nov after less than 2 weeks of use.
I sent it back to GHL on 27th who received it Dec 5th and that was last update I've gotten that they were waiting for new improved pieces etc etc.
Also still no word on that battery charger or SS case I also ordered when the hopper was happily working. Hopefully there is some sort of good news on the horizon!
It sounds like you are deserving of some good news, having shelled out a bunch of cash for two weeks of happy hopping and an advance on a couple of unfulfilled promises.

We can all understand be patient and we really hope for the best when it comes to the success of the Hopper and HL, but the times of Indie-gogo and shifting goal posts are no longer tolerable. They need to stop bullshitting their way through this business. Reasonable and genuine answers are all that most of us really want when it comes to chargers, cases and such.

Top Bottom