Discontinued The Grasshopper

MoltenTiger

Any recommendations for a pleasant whip set up?

A whip goes so well on the GH. I think the PFE with a glass attachment connecting to tube and a mouthpiece is the best option. 7th Floor have quality options for that kind of stuff.
You might even find just the adapter is enough as a mouthpiece

http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/colored-ground-glass-hose-adapter.html

vtmhadp-f_1_of_2_.jpg

I just realised they're 18mm, you'd want 14mm

There's this angled one
http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/gog-solid-water-pipe-adapter.html,

But also there's the Sherlock / J-hook option
http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/sherlock-mouthpiece.html

jerseydvd

A whip goes so well on the GH. I think the PFE with a glass attachment connecting to tube and a mouthpiece is the best option. 7th Floor have quality options for that kind of stuff.

http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/colored-ground-glass-hose-adapter.html

vtmhadp-f_1_of_2_.jpg

There's this angled one
http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/gog-solid-water-pipe-adapter.html,

Like that Sherlock!

dodgy_b

vtmhadp-f_1_of_2_.jpg

There's this angled one

These are great. Thanks for the tip! (Pun intended)

Baron23

Well guys, karma has finally caught up with me. After almost two years of babying this thing, and only using it occassionally, I got cop lights.

Rapid flashing red/blue but its definitely not an overheat as stated in Hopper's troubleshooting chart. It does this from a cold start.

I filed a warranty claim, hopefully they will be back to repair/shipping very soon, and I will get directions to return it.

Sad but not unexpected (which is really the shame...I'm rather shocked it lasted this long).

Mr. Me2

Well guys, karma has finally caught up with me. After almost two years of babying this thing, and only using it occassionally, I got cop lights.

Rapid flashing red/blue but its definitely not an overheat as stated in Hopper's troubleshooting chart. It does this from a cold start.

I filed a warranty claim, hopefully they will be back to repair/shipping very soon, and I will get directions to return it.

Sad but not unexpected (which is really the shame...I'm rather shocked it lasted this long).
Maybe it’s perfect timing to get all the new improvements.

Still sorry to hear yours bit the dust!

MoltenTiger

These are great. Thanks for the tip! (Pun intended)
Another pointer I have after finally getting some hands on time with an anodised PFE, glass will scratch the crap out of those things in no time.
The 18mm adapter I posted above coupled with the white Teflon Sublimator 18/14mm reducer would be perfect to preserve the tip and get compact cool hits.

MoltenTiger

Hot off the press

I've just updated your address and linked your order to this warranty request. We've just completed our lab upgrade, so we'll estimating to resume warranty services and shipments within the next few business days. We might be in touch regarding the engraving- I will let you know more information regarding that as it becomes available. Thank you for patience

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Some little things about my GH experience:

- I removed the screen and replaced it with a basket style screen with finer mesh. As well I placed it slightly farer of the heater, load size is smaller but I don't get anymore the charred bottom even at level 5.

- I noticed I used my batteries in a wrong way cause after the initial bowl they started to act Strange (blinks red) I had the habit to put them back on the charger but I realize now there is still a lot of juice in cause if I twist the t° dial a few times when I have issues, the GH works well again. It's a bit awkward but not a big deal. Get 2-3 bowls per battery now.

- Back to back hits, don't know exactly if it's related to the battery or to the GH but my GH doesn't support back to back hits, after 3 hits like that I get the overheating light pattern, if I let it time to cool down a bit I'm Under the impression I can get more hits. Is a hot battery drain faster than a cooler one?

Still pretty happy with the GH even if I can't consider to suck on a pen is something very stealth, this is make my wife laughing every time I take it out and it seems to catch the eyes, this at least my experience. For stealth purpose I find the Fog,Fury or Torch by TopBond a better choice. Although when it comes to vapor quality&density this is a true contender, and this is I'm looking for!

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Hey Guys/Gals!

I hear that there are a lot of problems with the GH as in people needing to return it or having dependability issues, but yet I still see a lot of people recommend the GH. I don't mind the fact that It would get hot, in fact I would get the Ti model if I ever got one, and I hear it puts off huge clouds of vapor, but reliability and dependability is more important to me. Anyone here not have any issues with their GH since the day they got it? It seems as if no manufacturer is perfect as my Crafty is defective and Arizer seems to be having software issues with their new devices

9.Fingers,
Reactions: Vapetrees

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@9.Fingers
I agree with @Hogni re: waiting to see how the recently revamped procedures at HL pan out. We have High Hopes but no track record on these latest developments.

Reliability and dependability have not been the strong suit with the Hopper. Performance (when working) is great, though most folks agree that a backup vape (even if just a 2nd Hopper) is a necessity.
I have found Hopper (actually 2, 'cause one for the wife) and a Mighty to be a great combination, for a host of reasons!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Hey Guys/Gals!

I hear that there are a lot of problems with the GH as in people needing to return it or having dependability issues, but yet I still see a lot of people recommend the GH. I don't mind the fact that It would get hot, in fact I would get the Ti model if I ever got one, and I hear it puts off huge clouds of vapor, but reliability and dependability is more important to me. Anyone here not have any issues with their GH since the day they got it? It seems as if no manufacturer is perfect as my Crafty is defective and Arizer seems to be having software issues with their new devices
I’ve had mine for around two years and I’ve had issues with it. However all those times I was able to bring it back to life and it’s still going strong. I am not a heavy user anymore if that makes a difference. I did use it every day for around one and a half years.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Hey Guys/Gals!

I've had the same GH (pre order) since I got it.
I have a bunch of other vapes, so it doesn't get a whole lot of use, but I've used it hard on the occasions (stealth situations mainly) that I do use it.
It's definitely the stealthiest high performing dry material vape imo, and mine has been flawless so far (I was at the end of the first pre-order batch, can't remember when that was, seems like a lifetime ago though!).
I have other vapes which I think deliver better and smoother vapour (Milaana), and are nicer to use with more flexibility (Dynavap), but the GH also provides decent flavour, big clouds if you want them and is even stealthier than the Dynavap (torch is audible in quiet situations, but you need it reasonably quiet to hear the click, and ideally you need a private, wind free situation to fire up).

I rarely use the GH at home due to my other choices (and now because I finally need newer batteries), but I do rate it very highly despite this.

:2c:

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
100% agree! The GH is THE stealthy high performing vape on the go - not more and not less if you have alternatives at home. But that the GH is doing unrivaled.

Im using it at home just occasionally, mainly if I want to demonstrate it to friends. But there are a lot of other devices which do their job with more flavour and less hot vapour and hassle with bats after each or every 2nd bowl.

That's the only advantage of VAS - some day you have a lot of alternatives for all occassions and current likings but often more than really nesseccary.

Hammahead

I always find it peculiar how this stealth thing is really seen so differently. I'm on the "No way I would ever vape from a big a55 ball pen and exhale a cloud of vape in public" side and miss the Hopper most at home, on a decent little glass piece. I agree, there are better tasting ones, but what I appreciate most is this resemblance to a nice one-hit bong handling. Wham - Bam - Thank you Mam. Instant power, no-stirring, micro-doseable, that's my priorities.

Hammahead

But there are a lot of portable devices which do the job at home in the same or better manner. Anyway - to each his own :wave:

Sofar the only device I found that match what I'm looking for are butane vapes like the Sticky Brick and the Dreamwood, and I don't really dig that torch thing. As I said above: instant power, no-stirring, micro-doseable. What else is there that would release the entire vapour out of </=0.1 gr in maximum two tokes?

MonkeyTime

Sofar the only device I found that match what I'm looking for are butane vapes like the Sticky Brick and the Dreamwood, and I don't really dig that torch thing. As I said above: instant power, no-stirring, micro-doseable. What else is there that would release the entire vapour out of </=0.1 gr in maximum two tokes?

Fury 2

It's been my replacement while my decent GH is in for RMA. Not as fast, but not far behind, and I don't need to carry glass with it, even at 430F native is fine. It's battery blows away carrying multiples.....

Hammahead

I've seriously been considering the Fury 2 for a while now, it seems great at the price. But I'm a bit unenthusiastic of buying a vape from another continent, no european shop is even carrying replacement parts, and I'm a great fan of the replaceable battery. Also, it doesn't look like it's got quite the same power, what's your experience there?

MonkeyTime

I've seriously been considering the Fury 2 for a while now, it seems great at the price. But I'm a bit unenthusiastic of buying a vape from another continent, no european shop is even carrying replacement parts, and I'm a great fan of the replaceable battery. Also, it doesn't look like it's got quite the same power, what's your experience there?
I believe that's changed, and we're way off topic! My bad

Has there been any new reports it did I get hoppered and fall for the we're close schtick?

Hammahead

way off topic

I'm not sure we are... I'd really like to know how close they are together when it comes to efficacy, like how hard does the Fury 2 really punch compared to the Hopper. I mean with legit questions like this...

Has there been any new reports it did I get hoppered and fall for the we're close schtick?

... the topic of potential substitutes in RMA cases is as on topic as can be imo. I personally would love to answer the question with a thoroughly convinced "It's going to be all good this week" but can't quite get to it 100%.

Top Bottom