1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Oh nice, 9 temp settings and a special setting for mexican weed?
    Adjustable THC percentage of used herb for fine tuning?
    Different efx to dial, x ./. ?
    Immediate clearance of your head on demand?
    integrated tax calculator?

2. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Solar charging ;)

3. Hogni

For sure improvements which are worth some more weeks of waiting :p

4. Sonicboom1991

Sonicboom1991 Active Member

At this point with me, as long as it works I'll take it.

JoeMama, Hjalmark, vapviking and 3 others like this.
  5. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

Honestly, the "stealthy" body is at the very bottom of my priority list, it could be bigger than a focus and have a flourescent display saying "MARIJUANA CONSUMPTION DEVICE!" - fine with me, as long as it does the job like only the hopper can do.

6. Hogni

I don't know I for myself love especially the top notch stealth factor of the GH very much. I guess it's the most important point for me. Otherwise there are some vapes which also can reach performance of a - working!! - hopper.

7. johnnyCanuck

johnnyCanuck Well-Known Member

I believe it when they say assembly line/warranty will be back up next week.

This is as close to Baron23’s earlier comment as they get.

I do wish the “engineers” there would be more specific as to what the current hurdle in addition to issuing the standard “two more weeks”

8. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for a safe, food grade application to buff out some scratches on a SS unit?

Cheesequake, MoltenTiger and Hjalmark like this.
  9. Hjalmark

elbow grease ? but no idea where to buy it :cool:

also glad to see these posts in between all the true but depressing posts :p

10. dodgy_b

Lol. Yeah, I'll keep babying it in between RMA's! It has helped to think of it as 2nd string or a backup unit these day. Hopeful for HL's reincarnation and for the Hopper to regain it's foothold in the daily lineup.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  11. Hjalmark

Hehe yeah I love my hopper and have actual respect for the engineering of Hopper labs but maybe not their social skills but whatever, I run a small business myself and been in the service industry for nearly 20 years so I know how things can turn for even the best meaning business that might just be struggling with aspects of their operation

I hope hopper labs boat keeps afloat

I had a single hopper for 2 years ? now and had 3 warranties that only costed me the shipping and I knew what I was getting into when I bought the hopper

feel like this is more like a formula one car then some work horse 230E benz like the Enano logvape that has few and large sturdy parts

I been looking for a second portable vape and thinking about the Firewood vaporizer and that is also a even tinier company with ONE EMPLOY ! so yeah I have to calculate that into also

If I was going for a safety then I just get an Arizer solo or something like that
    but that is not very exciting .. is it ?

How good would it go for Hopper labs if they advertised failure rate and the fact this is NOT a good "only vape I got" type of deal with all its kinks

but now I am just rambling because at the moment I am hitting my Hopper labs Grasshopper and its kicking my arse like ALWAYS !!! :D

12. dodgy_b

Right on!

13. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

THIS. Yes. I don't care how great, cool, "understandable", or likable the good folk over there at GHL are. If they'd only change this "mañana" response to something more respectful to its customers... Sometimes their responses like they see its customers less like intelligent consumers, than just drooling stoners. That's how it feels, dadgummit!! Now, where's my droolcup.:myday:

:tup:

Introducing The Grasshopper Vape App!
    - One-Touch RMA Request
    - MP3 Player - 1 TB!
    - Change LED colors with cool patterns for parties
    - FindMyHopper
    (actually that's not a bad idea! lol)

Here's to wishing they will cross that tenuous threshold of getting this product stabilized.
    It's a damn fine piece of engineering ingenuity.

Hjalmark, I have the FW4 and I do love it. It's NEVER given me a problem, and Mark is more responsive to issues than GHL for sure. Some time ago, FW had a safety issue with the battery that he'd had corrected in impressive time. So, far as reliability goes, no worries with FW. It's just a very different (slower inhale) hit technique.

14. manujoe

manujoe Member

Just got a Tubo Evic Thursday. On demand convection or session. I'm loving it so far. Just about pocketable and packs a punch. It comes from Switzerland but there's a similar vape in Canada called a Mist Vape Touch

blackstone, MoltenTiger and Hjalmark like this.
  15. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Convection Enthusiast

Straight to blue now :(

Sonicboom1991 likes this.
  16. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

Agreed on the GH points and the FW4. I love the FW4 but give the FW3 the edge.

JoeMama and JCat like this.
  17. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

You may have a fouled (dirty) temp. sensor. Maybe it's time to try one of these bold cleaning procedures;
    Blow it out with compressed air?
    Remove screen for a gentle cleaning of the temp sensor area?
    Soak (inverted) in alcohol up to the air intake holes, let dry 24 hrs?

I haven't tried any of these, Two of mine kept going quite a while; after each bowl I would rap it soundly against a firm (usually wooden) object, trying to free crap loose, then I suck hard on the chamber, kinda vacuum it out, simulating the compressed air method.

18. guyonthecouch

guyonthecouch Well-Known Member

I've been running a straight to blue unit for the past couple months. Haven't even bothered trying to clean it. Heat usually kicks in on the second/third click. Try clicking it on and off a bunch to see if the heater kicks back in.

Don't stress too much either, HL should be back online soon enough. The response I got the other day was that they hope to start shipping again this week :rockon:..emphasis on start.

..the ol man rhetoric in this thread is hilarious :myday:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Cheesequake and JCat like this.
  19. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Well-Known Member

Last fall when I was making the plunge into full time vaporizing the three names that were recommended to me most were the Grasshopper, the Milaana, and the Dynavap.

I made the wise choice to invest some time reading through the threads on each device here and made my decisions based on what I knew to be true about me and balanced that against user experiences on each thread. So I have a couple of vapcaps and a Milaana that are my daily drivers. Never pulled the trigger on the GH.

Watching these threads has also been a real education for me as a small business owner in the 21st century. On one hand you have Dynavap, and in a bit lesser way Milaana, that have seemingly done everything right: great product, great customer service, and they listen to their customer base and respond to them. They create places for them to engage with their customer base, and base new versions and new products based on customer input.

On the other hand you have GH and Hopper Labs taking the duck and run approach which has never worked out well in any age, but is near suicidal in the information age. It would appear that when it works the GH is one of the very best products around. HL would have been so much wiser to stop production, figure out a real fix, and then re-release a product they had confidence in.

The Ghost MV1 seems to just now be recovering some ground after walking down a similar path with a product released before it was truly ready. Roll-outs matter. There's a reason some the well-respected brands have months of beta testers field testing their units before release. Making one great vape is hard enough, making sure a run of 500-1,000 units is reliable is a different universe.

I believe that in the very near future both the Dynavap and GH may be case studies in colleges around the country. One will be how to do it and the other will likely be a cautionary tale.

snaffle, vapen00b, Squiby and 10 others like this.
  20. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

I am glad I sold my hopper.
    just ease of mind

Sonicboom1991 and beyond6strings like this.
  21. jerseydvd

jerseydvd Well-Known Member

I just traded a vape for a brand new (looking) GH Ti. Of course it doesn't work, but I knew that going in.
    Just switched the warranty to my name, figured i'd take a $45 gamble on them staying in business.
    I put in an RMA thinking it's probably better to get it in their queue since it's just sitting here in it's box anyways.
    Think that was a good idea? I've never had any dealings with them except the emails with Olivia which were very fast and friendly.. Kind of seemed like I shuld just get in line.

Jersey
    Peace all!

22. TheWhisper

TheWhisper Well-Known Member

I am sad I lost my Hopper.
    No peace of mind.

kbrown5523, Hogni and Hjalmark like this.
  23. Hjalmark

that fucking sucks .. hope you find it

Also in other news .. damn Blue cheese can be such a mmmmmm mouth experience of strong interesting flavors

24. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Convection Enthusiast

I'd go ahead and send it in if it won't work at all. I plan on sending mine in now that it's totally dead.

25. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

As I was hanging up my jacket tonite, my Ti slipped out of its leather case as I was holding it in my hands... I watched it do a swan dive onto the ceramic tile floor and smack broadside. What a horrible sound. It flashed red once on the ground. I was surely expecting to hear it rattle or something when I shook it, but the fucker still works!

Gotta either get a new leather case (I'm using the Ashton, which I love), as it's obviously gotten looser, or figure out how to snug the case up a bit somehow.

I think it's worth getting in the queue, especially if the thing doesn't work in the first place!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors