• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

MoltenTiger

I sent one of mine in only about a month ago. I haven't even bothered to ask. As long as I have one that's working "well enough"... speaking of which...

The Ti I'm currently using has been requiring the "second click" thing nearly all the time. (if you don't know what this is, then you don't have the issue.... lol... you'd know!).
@MoltenTiger , I'm not sure if it was you from whom I'd heard about the "second click" phenomenon... If not, sorry to wake you :wave:... but I noticed something about the time it takes to go from Red to Blue:

I have to keep the temp on the high side between T4 and T5 to get the performance I used to get. So.... "Second click + High Temp Set" is the "working" operating point character of my Ti, if you will.

I'm actually trying to characterize the thing because I'm curious if this is a common hopper ailment? I can live with it if I know it's not starting to die. It works 'well enough', but I have to use it a particular way. Can anyone relate?

Last thing: Try this at home! You can use a stopwatch, but if you're hopper is like mine, you won't need it; you won't need such tight measurement:

1)
Set your hopper to T5.
Click it ON, and gauge the amount of time it takes to go to Blue.
Turn it OFF.
Let it cool, leave it alone a bit.
(My Hopper: 6 seconds)

2)
Hopper still at T5.
Click it ON and then OFF after 1 mississippi
Click it ON again immediately and measure the time it takes to go to Blue.
(My Hopper: 1 second + 3 seconds = 4 seconds)

See that?!?
:hmm:
Hey man, I’m not too sure about my own experience with the double click, but I definitely know what you're talking about.

I was at a party a couple nights ago with two hoppers, one which is new from August and the bronze one I was talking about earlier, which is basically supercharged and superb.

Different device iterations with different tendencies. These things behave quite interestingly.

Hopefully the new iteration goes back to mega hits and quick depletion as opposed to the second-click like algorithm which tends towards preserving bowls.

I want a vape to put that bowl in my blood stream immediately! The bronze hopper is perfect and I just moved in with it, which is great.

The sub + bronze hopper is perfection for me.
Hoping mine come back close to its performance. It even preserves battery better, gets 4-5 bowls off old batteries

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What day is it today? Mandella Effect? :rofl:
Hey! At least the new charger and re-designed ss case are updated to ship in "February". ha!

I can understand some glitches may be encountered with roll out of that fancy charger, but the new case? It feels like the old leather sleeve gambit; this is not even close to rocket science, just plain nonsense.

MikeG7265

.... my two preorder ti hoppers are still running strong. Batteries are shot, been meaning to order more.

Be careful saying things like this. I said my Green TI was still going strong on here about a week ago, last night.......blue and red flashing lights (lol). I jinxed myself. I’d almost forgotten this issue completely.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
hmm talking about batteries but I went looking for a capacity checker for Li Ion battery but all of them came with a 18650 battery holder/charger so I would have cut them in two and join them together again to match the hopper battery size but then I found this charger

1509078440291100314.jpg

https://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_1054917.html

felt like that was sooo Hopper labs design :D

but really thinking about buying both items and hacking them together but then again this charger might be smaller then my Xtar ANT MC1+ but not really by much

but having a device to measure capacity of the batteries would be awesome because sometimes I got batteries that feel real bad and then after 2-3 discharges they start becoming my top batteries again and some that are just lemons

would like to double check before I threw them because checking them while in use is problematic

being high as shit and stuff :D

slatihe

I only use a external charger, my oem charger shocks me so I'm scared to use it.

And you're hoppers hopping along well also?

My daily silver and back up green work grate. Hopefully they stay that way. Funny cause my friend keeps having problems with his every now and then, only thing we did differently is charging methods... was wondering if any one else experienced the same.

Sonicboom1991

And you're hoppers hopping along well also?

My daily silver and back up green work grate. Hopefully they stay that way. Funny cause my friend keeps having problems with his every now and then, only thing we did differently is charging methods... was wondering if any one else experienced the same.

Unfortunately not, it's been broken over 90% of the time I have had it. Compounded by the fact that I never got a working unit back from repair. The only time I ended up with a working unit was after dealing with 3-4+ failed rmas in a row and they would give into my demand for a new unit and send me a referb replacement, That would then just break again in 1-14 days. My longest lasting hopper was my first and forth that lasted two weeks like there was a timer on it.My last replacement was the first week of November and it lasted 4 days and my hopper has been lost in the black hole of hopper labs ever since.

snaffle

Funny cause my friend keeps having problems with his every now and then, only thing we did differently is charging methods... was wondering if any one else experienced the same.

There was much hypothesizing about this a while ago on this thread. For a while consensus was that charging with an external charger might be better. But now, having heard of plenty of failures from people who use any types of charging, I think consensus is more on the side that it probably isn't an important factor. That's my read of it, anyway.

When I got my hopper, I was only charging with an external, because I thought it would make my GH last longer, but now I just charge with the original charging cable.

I imagine that if there was a clear correlation of GH failures to charging method, Hopper Labs would recommend one over the other.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
In the interest of presenting as "Fair and Balanced", in contradiction of my "black hole" post a couple of days ago and with a nod to @moondog's funny "hell has frozen over" story;

I just received my long overdue leather sleeve in the mail. Been waiting for it since my pre-ordered Ti hopper arrived in mid-2016. It came in response to a friendly-reminder email I sent last week and is a nice piece of work.
Props to "Olivia" on this one!

manujoe

Aside from my dial issue (having to twist the dial back and forth before use for full power) this has been my most reliable hopper yet. I bought it used and it's been working every day for the last 2 months.
I've the same issue with my latest one. Actually it's the body of one hopper and the backend off another with the 2 dodgy parts put together and sent back For a full refund as i had purchased one within the last 30 days Other than the dial issue, this one is a workhorse. Hasn't let me down yet:clap:

JoeMama

In case anyone is curious, in response to my inquiry from sending in my RMA a month ago....

Nice to meet you, Joe... It's still in queue for service. We're estimating to have our lab upgrade completed and resume warranty services within the next few weeks. Thank you for your patience.
Olivia

No surprise there I guess.
:ugh:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
At this point I'm thinking the story must be larger than "bringing more processes in-house for better quality control." If it were just a transfer of machinery from point A to point B, surely that cold have been accomplished by now. I speculate that some more fundamental internal design change is still being sought, in the interest of the elusive 'more reliable' Hopper.
It would also be easy for me to believe that some outsource of funding is enabling this transition.
I still hope it's all for the good and wish HL all the best!

Baron23

@slcbdco, any chance you'd be willing to stop by to chat with them, possibly bringing up our concerns regarding transparency (and how increased transparency may bring about a more charitable attitude in their biggest fans)? :p
THIS ^^.

The silent treatment to the community is fine as long as everything is going ok. Everything is NOT going ok with HL and the GH. A little real info (without the spin job about how wonderful everything will now be) would be very much appreciated. Just some facts as to where they are and when they will be back in business.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
@slcbdco, any chance you'd be willing to stop by to chat with them, possibly bringing up our concerns regarding transparency (and how increased transparency may bring about a more charitable attitude in their biggest fans)? :p

I was there a few weeks ago, met Olivia, she is a real person. I don't know about timelines but I do know its a hive of activity. There is a beergarden/food truck park they share a building and its in my neighborhood so I'm there fairly often, they are also interested in shipping again as soon as possible and are also interested in making sure the new processes and equipment are delivering on what they are looking for. That's as much as I know, a small, local (to me company) do the best they can, they are neither runt offt nor a company with huge venture capital backing, they are exactly what they said they are, a small start-up. A small start up that in my opinion makes one of the best products in its industry, but still a small start up, can't expect them to be Apple or BMW ... who's products "never" break :brow:

Top Bottom