1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

Thanks, Monk... I do have the pointy tweezers (I used to use it to unscrew the screen in the mouthpiece before I got the PFE).

I'll keep at it. Also thanks for the heads up about the denting potential!

2. JoeMama

Turns out, I'm chicken. I really have no reason to pull that screen. And it feels wrong to start fucking with something that doesn't need fucking with. Wrong I tell ya!

3. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

I pulled mine out because it combusted. This is my infamous SS one that never works right.

4. Vapetrees

Vapetrees Vaped Out

You can’t really damage it by using the fine pointed tweezers, tweezing it from opposite ends of the screen(to not damage sensors in the middle of the screen), and pulling up :tup:

5. MoltenTiger

MoltenTiger Well-Known Member

Unless you have a straight to blue issue, I don't think removing the screen and cleaning will make any real difference.
    I made a post a while back showing the gunk I'd found under my screen and explained the device wasn't getting to temp (or properly, not as hot as I've had these devices operate at, which I prefer). Cleaning it made no difference.

I think a straight pointy tool is the best for removing the screen (I used a medical pick), it must be levered up and dragged out. It takes a bit of force, but if slowly applied then there's no real risk. It's a sturdy screen, though it's just metal so some care is needed. Not a lot though, it's the sturdiest screen I've handled by a long shot.

duff, GreenHopper, Vapor_Eyes and 3 others like this.
  6. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

The drip tips are in!!
    [​IMG]
    The longer one called "long stainless steel and wood drop tips (wd013) fitted perfectly

But hopper still in repairs so simulating the experience with my Enano gong and PFE stuck on that

The shorter wide bore one fitted too lose but the problem is the size of the silicon ring
    [​IMG]
    That seams to be thinner on the wide bore but little to tight when I switched the rings [​IMG]
    But definitely doable specially if you have access to a more of those rings and then any 510 tip would fit
    [​IMG]

Got the thing on 7 and that is like hopper on 4 but still not the same

Hopper heat stream is extremely thick and uniformed while Enano can cool down after couple of continuous big hits .. Or like 4-5 people using it same time

7. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

GH came out to play tonight .Some nice Pineapple and The Pizza Show.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

Hjalmark, duff, Al.. and 4 others like this.
  8. JoeMama

Thanks, guys. I have both some dental tools as well as the pointy tweezers. It's tempting to try and take it off, but as you've said, Molten, if it ain't broke.... But good to know how it comes out, by levering it up. I guess it must be some kind of press-fit along the whole depth of the chamber. At first I thought there was a keyway or something that you'd have to find by turning it first. Good to know now.

That glass.... May I ask what it is and where you got it? It's the perfect size, methinks.

Hjalmark, MoltenTiger and duff like this.
  9. disGRUNTled

Hjalmark, MoltenTiger and GreenHopper like this.
  10. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

I've been eyeing this exact piece. Seems perfect for vapor w/ the 3 hole diffy. I'm guessing the flavor is better than the 14mm rig w/ black trim you use w/ the Flowerpot ? Love the avatar BTW. This, probably not so much. :lol:

[​IMG]

Hjalmark likes this.
  11. disGRUNTled

Yeah MJ owned the Knicks I hated him and the Bulls with a fucking passion, but the worst dunk on Ewing from a Bull was by Pippen .....
    Click to play YouTube Video

12. Tommy10

Tommy10 Well-Known Member

So other than initial USB charger not working and no spare bats avaliable with shit battery life pretty much killed it out of home for me, but loved it at home. Got mighty and evo around the same time so it hasn't been a complete daily driver. Offically shit itself, light switch off mid draw and turning it back only gets a weak hit!
    any idea? Would live to just fix it, can't be bothered shipping to the states if back to shop is an issue.
    Also no real hot back end other than not working charger not previous issues

kbrown5523 likes this.
  13. JoeMama

14. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

You could try cleaning the back end threads and battery contacts as well as rotating the dial a bunch of times, that works sometime (for a while) in your type of situation

15. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

Fickedy fuck fuck

Really annoying that we need to send in a battery with it

So my hopper got stopped by USA customs but made it safely to them some days later

Now I know it's getting shipped back because I got a call FROM THE BLOODY CANADIAN CUSTOMS !!!
    [​IMG]

Sigh.. I hope I can convince them I dont need to send in also the litium ion battery next time it needs fixing

Anyone else here manage to send in hopper without battery?

16. jdent3

jdent3 Well-Known Member

For anyone that hates having to send in your grasshopper to the US from Canada I have some good news. I was speaking with a Canadian vaporizer vendor and they said Hopper Labs is going to have a facility in Canada to handle Canadian warranty claims soon. I have no idea when this is happening but it sounded like it was pretty soon. I am personally holding off a little on getting a Hopper until I can send it in for warranty in Canada.

btka, Hogni, Mr. Me2 and 2 others like this.
  17. johnnyCanuck

johnnyCanuck Well-Known Member

I always thought this would make a lot of sense. I would’ve wagered there’s a shit tonne of potential cdn hopper owners out there that won’t buy because of the border/transport head aches. Probably increase the amount of units sold overall.

Hjalmark likes this.
  18. btka

btka Well-Known Member

they ask xyou to send it in with a battery... but once I did not send it withthe battery and it was no problem...

Hjalmark likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors