1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

:lol: ... whoops! ... my mistake! I missed your meaning the 1st time around and I was a little confused because it didn't seem to align from what I remembered w/ your other posts :lol:

Hjalmark likes this.
  2. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Oldest boy alive

I only post with mobile and sometimes my spell checker goes crazy and cuts out stuff :/

3. analytika

analytika New Member

PFE solved the draw restriction issue. However, I hate the switch! Operating the "clickity-clack" pen switch is not only loud (the opposite of discreet) but physically unpleasant for anyone with mild to severe RSI. Especially when deactivated between pulls as a cooling strategy.

4. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Got my PFE an half year ago. Perfect fitting to the GH. My last changing to an new hopper was 6w ago. The new hopper doesn't fit properly to the PFE. Latter is much to tight. Has anyone else the same experience?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Vapor_Eyes, GreenHopper and JCat like this.
  5. frank grimes

frank grimes Active Member

I dropped the body of the grasshopper on the floor (thankfully the backend was not screwed on) and now the threaded end where the battery goes in is now dented. What I mean is that if you look through the opening for the battery, the opening is not a perfect circle but maybe 1/4of it is slightly dented. The backend still screws in nicely and is snug. Tried 3 loads and it works fine. I'm just worried if I have to send in the unit later on down the road for an unrelated rma, HL is gonna ask about the dent and the void the warranty somehow. Does the warranty cover drops or damage to the body? Also any thoughts if the dent will eventually cause problems with performance in the future?

On the grasshopper website, on the terms of use page, they say don't use the hopper if there is any damage including dents. But I think that's just a broad statement they make to protect themselves from liability.

Thoughts anyone?

MoltenTiger and JCat like this.
  6. Hogni

What a question. You are damaging your device and hope seriously to get a replacement based on lifetime warranty? If they would do so aside of the flood of justified warranty cases they must be really silly ;)

JCat, Hjalmark and dadan like this.
  7. frank grimes

Don't think you understand what I'm asking. I dented the body but the unit works fine. I am not sending it in because of that. What I'm afraid of is if I send it in later because of some other reason, will HL try to connect the issue with the dented body and try to void the warranty. Has anyone had a similar issue like me?

Kimber, MoltenTiger, JCat and 2 others like this.
  8. Hogni

*oups!* Sorry, misunderstanding. No, if the reason for malfunction is a case of warranty they have to repair, may be they'll repair your own damaged hopper and send it back to you while nearly everybody get back another hopper body. It's just a blemish not the reason for the possible later malfunction. So it would be covered by warranty

MoltenTiger, JCat and Hjalmark like this.
  9. snaffle

snaffle Well-Known Member

I just got my Grasshopper back from its first repair, after a year of use. It has a new body now, and the draw feels much better, and it's *so* effective now, I am very impressed with this vaporizer. The efficiency of its extraction, has got me as high as I've ever been, from less than a complete bowl (though admittedly the bowl is way bigger than my vapcap). And it's so tiny and fast and attractive. I love it.

MoltenTiger, slcbdco, JCat and 7 others like this.
  10. ktmstick

ktmstick Well-Known Member

Try palming the switch or alternatively on a flat surface like a table and then continue to draw to cool.

MoltenTiger, Vapor_Eyes and Hjalmark like this.
  11. tangent

tangent New Member

Last year I left my hopper on top of my car and it fell off on the road at 20+ mph, fortunately it was like 4am with no other cars on the road and I heard it hit the ground so I was able to go back and find it before it got flattened.. but needless to say it was quite scratched and had a small dent. Still worked perfectly though.

About 6 months later it got the flashing blue/red light issue and I had to send it in, I explained the situation to them and they said they would have to look at the device to assess it.. I guess they were able to determine that it was an electronics issue and not result of physical damage bc they did honor the warranty.. replaced some internal components and sent me back the same banged up hopper a few days later. Haven't had any issues with it since!

Overall I love the grasshopper and have been pleased with the support (much better than mighty/crafty where they sent me defective replacement unit multiple times, ugh).

12. frank grimes

Thanks for sharing, I feel much better now. But I'm so annoyed that there's a blemish on my unit. It was a thing of beauty...:luv:

13. kbrown5523

kbrown5523 Hopping in Washington

Sooooo... They wrote to me about this on Oct. 31, I didn't see it until Nov. 3rd and responded that day. It's now Nov. 9th and I haven't heard a word from them.

I opened the original RMA this go around on Oct 2nd. My backup vape is starting to get plugged from overuse. I really can't afford it, but I feel like I need a cheap desktop unit. I'm feeling pretty frustrated at the moment.

14. guyonthecouch

guyonthecouch Well-Known Member

I would suggest emailing them again, it's going to be much more effective than posting here if you're looking to get an answer to your questions. I emailed them yesterday and got a response yesterday. In the past they have taken a while to respond and then i'll send a follow up email to get the ball rolling faster.. better than waiting around questioning what's going on:2c:
    :peace:

15. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

get an Enano....portables are all well and good, but if you are a medical patient and need rock solid reliability, convection, ability to run small loads, and ability to be left on all of the time, get an Enano to compliment your GH.

Just a thought.

Cheers

16. Hjalmark

Logs for life!!!

Perfect tool for medical user specially when you can adjust screen depth

17. diddymao

diddymao aint no party like a diddy party

ok so after trying and failing to find the perfect pfe mouthpiece extender iv bit the bullet and bought a new pfe that i have sent to the awesome ed from eds TnT.
    the plan is for him to craft me something bespoke from one of his exotic hardwoods that fits nice and snug into the pfe, we havent come up with any fixed plans yet but im looking to commision a couple of pieces so any imput/design ideas etc that you guys have would be more than welcome.

btka, CarolKing, Mr. Me2 and 4 others like this.
  18. Hjalmark

I personally just want something in this shape allowing me to hold the pipe and operate the clicker with my thumb

[​IMG]

But not as bulky

Vapor_Eyes, btka, Vapetrees and 3 others like this.
  19. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a mod that cuts off both ends of a pfe, leaving a cylinder about 1/2" long that contains the threads and screen. Then press-fit that on to a nicely crafted wooden mouthpiece, so, a hybrid pfe.

20. Hjalmark

Hoping this fits on my PFE and then maybe won't burn my lips
    [​IMG] but I really don't like "hot harsh air" in the back of my throat so I think nothing will beat Pipey the pipe (he is all metal)

Vapor_Eyes, btka, GreenHopper and 4 others like this.
  21. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

This is a really good idea ... I was thinking earlier simply tapping the threads into the wood but that wouldn't hold up in the long run, even with hardwood, which got me thinking about insert with thread ... seems you were thinking the same! Didn't occur to me to just cut down the existing PFE's. Would be a lot more cost effective to build if you could just build a SS threaded insert though ... this shouldn't be a $30-$40 piece!

22. GrandWazoo

GrandWazoo Active Member

Being a long time out of your community. This summer a natural disaster happened to my GH : a great wave reached it and it got a short , since then it didn't work anymore. So I vaped for two months with another one , a good one with no issue at all , but at certain point I realized I wanted my GH back . So I sent it to Labs , they did a great job and now I finally have my Gh back. When I used both I didn't notice great differences , but now , now I understand how great the GH is. With the same kind of bud it is more efficient , and also the flavor is the best ! Very happy , three second heat , fantastic , Thank you Labs !

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  23. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

Happy Autumn everyone....

I'm pretty sure the body of my ti is of the 'older' type, but I can't be sure... I've read here (in the distant past) about being able to "see the blue" inside the chamber behind the screen...

Anyway, my question is: I wish to remove the screen to observe how clean or not clean the below-the-screen area looks, and I thought it was simply a matter of tweezing the screen and turning it a bit to set it free. But it just seems to turn without any other notable reactions from this. I mean, it can turn repeatedly in place, not screwing up or down, or clicking into place, or anything....

How does one remove this thing? Or is this a bad thing to try and do?

24. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

You need to pull up on it to get it out. I use a fine pointed dental pick and grab it near the edge. I did notice today when the light hit it, that it's not flat anymore, there are dents where I've pulled on it.

Using your tweezers, are they fine enough to get into the holes? If so, I'm sure you'll pop it out fairly easily.

25. ktmstick

ktmstick Well-Known Member

I use a needle that I have bent the end on to act as a hook to pull the screen out.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors