Discontinued The Grasshopper

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
IKK6Rq8.jpg

Apologies for the quality (phone flash). When I get a chance this week I'll post some good pics/videos for you guys.

It actually says the blue flashes will increase in intensity as the battery discharges more and more, so if the blue lights start blinking really really fast, you can know to throw it on the charger before it turns red and is about to die perhaps... Is this true @midgetsanchez ?

You can absolutely adjust the dial to any temp

WoodyWeedPecker

Any portable "on demand" vape is essentially a "vaporizer one-hitter".
For me a one hitter is almost the opposite of on demand. One hitter, it just one hit (a short session). You put it at max then draw one time with your vaporizer. Then you get nice thick vapor and your ABV are hopefully a nice even brown color.

On-demand, is the contrary, you extend your sessions over many hits, possibly many hours/days.

For example, the MFLB is clearly a on-demand vape but not a one hitter. It's not a one hitter because it's conduction and you must mix between hits. Put it at max temp will only roast one side of the load. But the mflb is a great on-demand vape. Put 0.1g in your box and you can use it every now and then for a full week!! Taking draws only on-demand. It can do this because it doesn't cook your herb when you have finished drawing and heat your herb very quickly when you start drawing. So it never vaporize your herb more than you need to take a draw.

I'm a big fan of on-demand vaping. The real opposite of on-demand vaping are session vaporizers like the Pax for example. My desktop E-Nano is also on-demand because it doesnt cook your herb when you stop drawing. The grasshopper can be used in both ways. Both on-demand and as a session vape (although it could get hot as a session vape). I plan to use it as pure on-demand vape. Buzz made an experiement showing us that the grasshopper definitely doesn't cook your herb between draws when you turn it off after each draws (EDIT: actually Buzz showed us that the Grasshopper doesn't cook your herb even when you keep it on at max temp!!. So it's a pure convection vaporizer. Only the action of drawing your Grasshopper bring heated convection air to the herb to vaporize it)

Last edited:

Bradhend15

Was the upgrade $40 to match the IGG titanium price or was it more?
From Trevor:

Hi Brad,
We can do this upgrade for you. The cost is $45 and it will not add any delay to your order. If you want to move forward I will send you a PayPal invoice for the money. Thanks for the support!
Let me know,
Trevor

midgetsanchez

It actually says the blue flashes will increase in intensity as the battery discharges more and more, so if the blue lights start blinking really really fast, you can know to throw it on the charger before it turns red and is about to die perhaps... Is this true @midgetsanchez ?

You can absolutely adjust the dial to any temp

I think I noticed mine flashing/flickering blue before it died last night. Now that it's fully charged the blue is more steady...I guess it is true.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For me a one hitter is almost the opposite of on demand. One hitter, it just one hit (a short session). You put it at max then draw one time with your vaporizer. Then you get nice thick vapor and your ABV are hopefully a nice even brown color.

On-demand, is the contrary, you extend your sessions over many hits, possibly many hours/days.

For example, the MFLB is clearly a on-demand vape but not a one hitter. It's not a one hitter because it's conduction and you must mix between hits. Put it at max temp will only roast one side of the load. But the mflb is a great on-demand vape. Put 0.1g in your box and you can use it every now and then for a full week!! Taking draws only on-demand. It can do this because it doesn't cook your herb when you have finished drawing and heat your herb very quickly when you start drawing. So it never vaporize your herb more than you need to take a draw.

I'm a big fan of on-demand vaping. The real opposite of on-demand vaping are session vaporizers like the Pax for example. My desktop E-Nano is also on-demand because it doesnt cook your herb when you stop drawing.

I think what would make it a one-hitter, is power and efficiency. Something like a log like enano or UD can be a one hitter at high temp with a pinch, seems Hopper can too, something my Firefly cannot...

utekai

For a while I actually believed the moderator ... that posts bitching about the company and shipping wouldn't be allowed.

But over the last few pages, my belief has gone to reality.

Sure wish there was a forum about the GH and not just a bunch of bitching about the company and shipping. But realize that forum is elsewhere.

utekai,
Reactions: slcbdco

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
For a while I actually believed the moderator ... that posts bitching about the company and shipping wouldn't be allowed.

Sure wish there was a forum about the GH and not just a bunch of bitching about the company and shipping. But realize that forum is elsewhere.
there is a difference between complaining about how things were done and shit talking a company... plus that was like 4 posts out of the last 7 pages? There are lines, the mods most def do step in when things cross that line

AgentXero

@midgetsanchez when @BuzzDanklin did his famous test video, it seemed like the battery did very well, a lot of bowls and draws (anyone recal how many bowls and draws he had before the battery have out?). Would you say the hopper has that good of a battery life so far?

AgentXero,

inuhuion

How does the temperature control work? when I finally get mine, would I be able to alter it to 170-180-190-200-210 degrees Celsius. The brochure says it 20 degree gaps between clicks, surely I could modify that?
it'll do any temp in between too, although you may have to guess as to exactly where you are, but it'll do 132, 156, 177, 192, 209, depending on where you've set the dial.

inuhuion,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in the grasshopper thread and everything is about the product design and performance. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the bitching about shipping delays and corporate communication goes.

the-matrix-red-pill-or-blue-pill.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm thrilled, but kind of puzzled why this thread exists already when exactly one backer has their hopper. Wasn't a mod clarifying on the GH thread candidate that the official thread would only exist after backers and pre-orders have been filled, and regular production is on?

Not a complaint, but so far this thread is pretty much exactly like the last one (substitute sanchez for buzz). So let the speculation continue!!! :)

This thread is not exactly like the last one nor will it be allowed to deteriorate to that state. You clearly don't recall how bad that thread got. This thread exists because someone received a production unit. Now pay close attention to what I say to the next guy because it applies to you too.

We have a rule:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
If you think we're not handling this to your satisfaction, send one of us a PM. Bitching in the threads will earn you warning points. Another alternative is to leave for that ideal GH forum. Good luck in your search.

This applies to everyone: it really is time to stop posting about how you would have run Grasshopper Labs so much better and either discuss the GH itself or find another thread to complain in. This one should be about the device and not the campaign or the long wait.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
For example, the MFLB is clearly a on-demand vape but not a one hitter.

If by "clearly" you mean "IMO", then I agree. :lol: But plenty of us have used the LB as a one-hitter, for years and years now. The conduction aspect isn't the issue for the LB as it is with other "session" vapes....the issue is you don't cook weed unless you decide to press in the battery and take a hit. That's classic "on demand" and yes, for many many LB users, a "one hitter".

You obviously don't use it that way, and that's cool. But to declare it's "clearly" not a one-hitter is simply not true.

OK enough off topic for me...:p

hippogriff

For on-demand use that actually seems like a lot
yes, especially considering the GH battery is only 750mah. FF & MFLB get much less out of much bigger batteries. I wonder if GH is planning their version of the Mighty next? With the size of their tech, you wouldn't sacrifice much for a larger hopper with 4x the battery life and even a power adapter... But really, w/ the short charge time and USB charging, I don't anticipate needing anything more.

zymos

So if I start a GH Bitch Fest thread and everyone comes and piles on, that would be a workable solution?

Just a hypothetical, I'm not really in the mood for it....

zymos,
Reactions: Tek

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I hope that Buzz gets a production SS and Ti unit sometime so we can possibly judge the difference that this new insulation makes on the heat retention of the MP and whole unit.

And guys, really....Pak's warnings are just above on this same page, but noooooo.... :bang: Ready...fire...aim...

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I hope that Buzz gets a production SS and Ti unit sometime so we can possibly judge the difference that this new insulation makes on the heat retention of the MP and whole unit.

And guys, really....Pak's warnings are just above on this same page, but noooooo.... :bang: Ready...fire...aim...
or well that we all get production units to compare... we dont need him to keep getting data anymore now that we shall have our own :D lol

Top Bottom