Discontinued The Grasshopper

biohacker

:rofl:No, I was calling myself a shill (inside joke from a few pages back when I was raving about the Supreme vaporizer and a member was warned for calling me a Supreme fan "boi" lmao..

They updated pretty quickly, and said they were repaired and will be in "testing" for a few days....only it's been a week now (testing)... Ah well, i'll be a patient grasshopper, me thinks it's just in a shipping pile and international maybe only goes out once or twice a week. Good thing I have some fun toys to keep me busy! lol

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I had a SS come back from repair this past Monday (had been intermittent straight-to-blue) and the best part, beyond just working, is that the restricted draw is cleared up and I'm getting nice potent hits pdq.

Each time I send one out I notice that the chamber and mp screens have some heat discoloration (?) that doesn't just clean off with iso. Then they come back shiny, like new. What is HL using? Is there some kinda of sonic clean chamber or micro waves or something? I can't imagine they are spending much time at it.

HL has been holding my two SS hostage since March 6.
My rma was updated on March 8; unit gone to testing. Then shipping conf. on March 10. Total 15 days out and back.

biohacker

My rma was updated on March 8; unit gone to testing. Then shipping conf. on March 10. Total 15 days out and back.

Also updated on March 8, gone to testing.... and still no shipping confirmation....total 15 days out (and counting), we'll see how long it still takes for the "back". My first time around was much quicker than this... they must be swamped with the WPA rollout! She did say in about a week...:lol:

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
So I had a body that wasn't working and they sent me a new one and I never sent the old one back.... then, recently, the new body stopped going to blue and just shut off so I tried the old body and it worked. I was gonna send it the new busted body but thought I'd try to see if it works... I'm on a break right now... but it went to blue and made the right noise which it wasn't doing before... Couldn't pull on it to see if it was hot because I still have it packed. Pretty odd though.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
My second SS is going straight to blue. I received both on 2/11/17. I am definitely a heavy user, so I'm thinking I'm just not going to be able to use these for daily drivers. I LOVE how they perform when they're working, I knew I was taking a gamble when I bought them.

I don't have the money now, but I think I'm going to have to figure out a desktop unit for me. I really do like the on-demand, single hit, easy draw with big milky clouds performance of the hopper. The whole idea of heat up times and whips and stuff drives me nuts. Same with butane, I have no desire to go there. The hopper really is my perfect vaping experience, sigh.

JoeMama

wow.. this sounds really weird dude.. MP is being built to stand severe scratching and fiddling around.. I personally use a straight screw driver to clean the bottom of my MP. I'm only dipping it in ISO when I feel the clogged threads and/or some resistance in blowing through the MP, then I know that the front part needs some proper cleaning..
This is like once a week or so and I'm using it all day, every day more or less.. I'm not saying that I'm 24/7 baked but now with the hopper, I'd say that out of the 12 hrs that u're awake within the day probably 3-4 out of them I'm totally sobber... :rofl::ninja: shiiiit.. didn't sound that nice... hahaha

These could have been my words verbatim. You're not alone, Voodoo.

Well for a 750mAh GHB2 battery after 3 chambers, roughly 30 draws starting on temp 3 stepping it up to 3.5 this is where I'm at.

These 30 draws, are they like 15-20 second draws? That's an amazing number of (full?) chambers on a single charge. I think I can get 1.5-2 if I'm lucky (including using a "freshly charged" battery as opposed to one that was charged "hours earlier").

Mostly to charge people $30... I guess the bigger hole might increase airflow some, but when i had my GH i never felt that airflow was a problem on a bong. I would rather they sorted out the vape itself before faffing around with accessories, but i guess it is an easy way to create cash flow.

Bingo!

Sometimes I do firm empty hits without the mp to prevent stuff accumulating under the screen.

You draw with no mouthpiece? You literally place your lips on the bare metal chamber and draw? Not too hot??

Anyone own the hopper and the FW4 that they could compare?

Hey, Skynet; I've posted this before, several pages back, but I have both, and I love the FW4. It's my relax-at-night vape. To me, the Hopper for some reason has this "on-the-go" vibe; even if I'm home, during the day I'm hitting the Hopper like a Nascar at a pitstop.
In the evening, the nature of the FW4's slower method of drawing, not to metnion the feel and the look of it, simply makes the experience being less like a rocket ship than more like a sailboat. It's been a very good evening buddy.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My second SS is going straight to blue. I received both on 2/11/17. I am definitely a heavy user, so I'm thinking I'm just not going to be able to use these for daily drivers. I LOVE how they perform when they're working, I knew I was taking a gamble when I bought them.

I don't have the money now, but I think I'm going to have to figure out a desktop unit for me. I really do like the on-demand, single hit, easy draw with big milky clouds performance of the hopper. The whole idea of heat up times and whips and stuff drives me nuts. Same with butane, I have no desire to go there. The hopper really is my perfect vaping experience, sigh.
Maybe you just need a third Hopper? Two doesn't seem to be enough for wife and me -- okay maybe minimally, assuming at least one is working at a time! We use a Mighty alternating with Hoppers., though I find the hits from a Hopper to be stronger.

I'm not saying that I'm 24/7 baked but now with the hopper, I'd say that out of the 12 hrs that u're awake within the day probably 3-4 out of them I'm totally sobber... :rofl::ninja: shiiiit.. didn't sound that nice... hahaha
I find this hilarious, as well as very close to home. No, you are not alone. Except most of us spend more than 12 hrs awake each day! And I'm not sure I ever get 'totally sobber', whatever that is! :nod:

Hey! @JoeMama you asked "You draw with no mouthpiece? You literally place your lips on the bare metal chamber and draw? Not too hot??"
I have just begun to do this regularly as part of my new attempt to keep Hopper's draw clear and free. After most bowls and after a quick swab with toothpick or qtip, I give a good firm draw on the open end, without mouthpiece. Better while warm, but not hot. (** Last night doing this when 'on' gave me 2 + 'empty chamber hits', which I've rarely experienced.) Just for good measure, I draw also from the large open end of the mouthpiece to help clear that, too. And i'm gonna try real hard to NOT put kief or powdery material in Hopper. We'll see how that goes...

Last edited:

biohacker

How to sell a grasshopper that has been registred to my name ?

Email HL and let them know the serial number and an email address for them to send the $45usd paypal invoice to and voila done! Magically the serial number switches to the new owner's registration. Pretty easy and painless process.

And, my 2 RMA hoppers have finally left the lab! No tracking number though...not that it matters I guess.

Mr.Sifter

oh, yes i really thought that.
it makes no difference for them who sends in for RMA.

sad that

Magic Flight does this

Mr.Sifter,

biohacker

They will charge you the same if you lose your "ID code" from the box which is required to match the serial number to register the warranty. So essentially, it's a $45 "lost ID code" fee.

biohacker,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

JCat

Accessory Maker
It actually seems quite reasonable to me ... seller should discount hopper $45 to compensate and all is well ... that's the cost of owning it + whatever other discount seems reasonable between seller and buyer since it isn't new but discount should be relative to condition and any extras ...

Just my 2 cents :)

Mr.Sifter

I dont get it.
When I buy an item and i also buy the included warranty.
If i decide to sell the item there is no reason for the manufactur to charge for the warranty transfer.
It's not hooperlab's matter who owns their sold unit.
If there is a problem with this unit the owner sends it in for RMA.
It does not matter if the owner sold it new or used.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I dont get it.
When I buy an item and i also buy the included warranty.
If i decide to sell the item there is no reason for the manufactur to charge for the warranty transfer.
It's not hooperlab's matter who owns their sold unit.
Hoppers are expressly warranted to the original purchaser only. This is the original deal. It seems in some cases they have exercised their right to discretion and allowed for some other subsequent arrangements. One way is to allow the original purchaser to sell or give the Hopper away and let the recipient be the first to register as owner. Another is this $45 transfer thing we have heard about.
We' ve talked through this before. I believe the interpretation about "lifetime" should be that this refers to the original purchaser's life, not the device's life.
Should I be able to pass my guaranteed Hopper on to future generations? I don't think that's an intended consequence of the warranty policy.

biohacker

Yep, original owner.... so you can avoid the $45 fee by working with the original owner to facilitate the RMA.

If there is only one GH registered, then you can also "share" that account and switchover information.

biohacker,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
But which purchaser is giving you a LIFETIME warranty?
What do you think lifetime of what? Device, mankind or purchaser? Look at their terms of warranty - PURCHASER!
And thats the same as everywhere you get a LIFETIME warranty...

So its pretty nice of GHL principally allowing a transfer of LTW. Understandable that they want some compensation.

Last edited:

luke00978

why cant hopper just release a product without all this teasing and lies... get a batch of 500-1000 produced... list on site ...sell items. cant be that hard. just makes me think they’ve run out of capital and are on the brink

Top Bottom