Discontinued The Grasshopper

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Well, I'm up for my first RMA. I got two SS hoppers so I'll still have one to use. I'm not really surprised, one of them has tended to get really hot on the backend and seemed to get blinking blue lights more often that I needed to twist the temp adj to make go away. It just didn't seem to work as solidly as my other one. I'm so glad that I went ahead and got two while they were still 175.

steviekool

Reading all this page about the cleaning and gunk being stuck, I start to question my sanity.

All my vapes, not just this one, every time, and I mean every time I clean it after a session. But it's like a minute and done. For example this vape, I take 1 q tip, dip it in ISO, clear out the mouthpiece and tank with one end, "and I'm talking just a tiny bit, not soaked", then wipe out the other end. Thing looks new always everyday.

Am I crazy?

steviekool,

almost there

Reading all this page about the cleaning and gunk being stuck, I start to question my sanity.

All my vapes, not just this one, every time, and I mean every time I clean it after a session. But it's like a minute and done. For example this vape, I take 1 q tip, dip it in ISO, clear out the mouthpiece and tank with one end, "and I'm talking just a tiny bit, not soaked", then wipe out the other end. Thing looks new always everyday.

Am I crazy?
I do this as well but it's tedious for sure. It's the only vaporizer i would baby, I make sure I get every little dust particle out to avoid a RMA but it appears it's all in vain. I have a nagging feeling I received a faulty unit, so all these extra precautions do nothing but make me feel like I'm making a difference.

almost there,

abcd5432

Am I crazy?

No, you clean your pieces. You're a little crazy because you keep it so clean.... so yes you can be crazy that way.

Cleaning is good. It's when you don't clean, and on top of that also use it every day. Also, the temp you start on matters a lot too. If you start on the highest temp of your vaporizer each time, it will gunk up faster than starting on a lower temp then working your way up. Also, how fine your grind is matters because once you vape your buds a bit, if you then squash them up or something like I like to do, material falls through the screen.

abcd5432,
Reactions: JoeMama

travis

Well, I'm up for my first RMA. I got two SS hoppers so I'll still have one to use. I'm not really surprised, one of them has tended to get really hot on the backend and seemed to get blinking blue lights more often that I needed to twist the temp adj to make go away. It just didn't seem to work as solidly as my other one. I'm so glad that I went ahead and got two while they were still 175.
Hi, please let us know the outcome of your rma. I've got a similar problem and have been postponing it. Thanks!

Mr Mellish

I do this as well but it's tedious for sure. It's the only vaporizer i would baby, I make sure I get every little dust particle out to avoid a RMA but it appears it's all in vain. I have a nagging feeling I received a faulty unit, so all these extra precautions do nothing but make me feel like I'm making a difference.

Interesting. I treat mine like a dirty little bad gadget and I'm not having issues (aside from occasional crazy hotness with the SS).

duff

Well worn
Interesting. I treat mine like a dirty little bad gadget and I'm not having issues (aside from occasional crazy hotness with the SS).
I've tried both approaches for extended periods with the same result.

On a partially related note, is the general impression that HL doesn't read this thread or that they are lurking?

It's hard to imagine any vape company not keeping their eyes on their FC thread.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I feel the same way. Of course, it's probably anecdotal but I clean my mouthpiece once a month and that's pretty much it as far as my cleaning goes. I've used blu-tac on my threads a couple of times but I didn't notice a difference in performance. I actually haven't had any hot backend issues since last summer.

Having said that, I am probably about to undergo my fourth warranty procedure in roughly 15 combined months of twin Grasshopper ownership.

My Stainless Steel hopper has been working great for 5 months, top notch performance. It still does, actually, but the temp dial randomly locked up today. I can't adjust it at all unless I unscrew it from the body. There is no longer a significant gap between the two pieces either. :hmm:

In other news, my Ti that recently returned from warranty service has had two sporadic instances of not turning on after clicking, until I lightly tapped the clicker. I'm not talking about the auto-shut off effect either. The same issue was noted here by another person or two recently. I've never noticed this before with either of my hoppers.

Perhaps a case of the infamous "shifted pin" that only happens upon return transit from warranty service?

Vape Dr.

I took my Hopper to a bar tonight and vaped with the DJ.:rockon:

We vaped 2 chambers of Master P and a chamber of Pineapple express throughout the night and nobody even knew.:ninja:

He is placing his order for one tomorrow!:cool:

My Ti Hopper has been exceeding my expectations.:nod:
A great FC member and personal friend of mine is also purchasing one after using mine over the weekend too!:clap: And he's a desktop guy!!!

Now on to battery life.
I know people love to complain.:love:

Well for a 750mAh GHB2 battery after 3 chambers, roughly 30 draws starting on temp 3 stepping it up to 3.5 this is where I'm at.

I'd say that's pretty impressive.:nope:

We can all agree the Grasshopper has had a rocky start for the past 3 years with various issues.
After going through many problematic Grasshoppers personally with the rest of you all, I feel Grasshopper now has a solid reliable unit.

Just the fact that GHL are now looking forward and making accessories now gives me comfort.

Whether someone vapes or not, everyone I know has been very intrigued with my Hopper and has wanted to try it and liked it.

I'm pretty excited here because I've always been an "expect the worst hope for the best" kind of guy.

That way I'm never disappointed.

I had that in mind with my new Ti Hopper and it has been more than stellar so far.

Bass Vaper

What's the advantage of the wpa vs the silicone tip? The silicone tip works perfectly for my water pieces. I'm curious the benefits of this new accessory.

natural farmer

What's the advantage of the wpa vs the silicone tip? The silicone tip works perfectly for my water pieces. I'm curious the benefits of this new accessory.

I imagine it's for the more open air flow. Personal I'm planning on using it just to extend the air path.

How said it not only perfectly fits into the joint it shall have much less draw resistance.
The silicone sleeve doesn't sit in a 14mm female Gong properly, you have to hold the Hopper usually. The WPA will first like a glove will be more secure and the cleaning will be easier.
I doubt it will have better airflow. Try sucking on an empty chamber without the front end on. Same airflow...

Carlos8400

Mostly to charge people $30... I guess the bigger hole might increase airflow some, but when i had my GH i never felt that airflow was a problem on a bong. I would rather they sorted out the vape itself before faffing around with accessories, but i guess it is an easy way to create cash flow.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Mostly to charge people $30... I guess the bigger hole might increase airflow some, but when i had my GH i never felt that airflow was a problem on a bong. I would rather they sorted out the vape itself before faffing around with accessories, but i guess it is an easy way to create cash flow.
I don't think we'll see huge air flow improvement with the wpa. It's more about fitting better on a water piece and I'm looking forward to that. I also really hope they've left out the extra funnels that the standard mp has inside.
This accessory cost them next to nothing in design/development/marketing, so yes, it should be a relatively easy income generator. Nothing wrong with that.

huk_huk

got coplights after a session with two friends yesterday. At home I was playing around with it and still getting coplights every start. Out of desperation I clicked it on/off very often and then noticed that the light patterns changed. It still showed red/blue cascading lights but blue lights up shorter than before. So I checked the batteries and every anode were a little bit dirty...
after cleaning the contacts of the batteries and the one inside the body the hopper works again and can remain my daily portable vape :)
Probably dirt on my hands or on a battery lead to this.

edit: worked for three bowls like brand new and now it's back to coplights :/

Last edited:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
got coplights yesterday after a session with two friends. At home I was playing around with it and still getting coplights every start. Out of desperation I clicked it on/off very often and then noticed that the light patterns changed. It still showed red/blue cascading lights but blue lights up shorter than before. So I checked the batteries and every anode were a little bit dirty...
after cleaning the contacts of the batteries and the one inside the body the hopper works again and can remain my daily portable vape :)
Probably dirt on my hands or on a battery lead to this.

always clean your vape vertically after every bowl that you empty..looks like the oven part under the chamber screen can get really funky with just a bit of gunk or so... just a small tip that has been pointed out by many fellow hopperheads here.. ;)

voodoo_vape,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

huk_huk

@voodoo_vape yea but the blue screen aka the heater is very clean in my unit. the gunk must have been on the bats or on my hands. Sometimes I do firm empty hits without the mp to prevent stuff accumulating under the screen. But I never clean the bowl and it just stays clean forever even after concentrates

Vape Dr.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but this seems a bit premature to me.

@Baron23 I'm going to have to totally agree with you on this post.

I was feelin pretty alright when I posted and I think I should have just said "Grasshopper definitely has a more reliable unit than before".

I agree that was premature of me to say.

After having so many problematic hoppers in the past, It does feel great using the hell out of my new one and it keeps on ticking like a Swiss watch.

Being an electronic device it can't last forever. Not going to happen.
Hopefully the new Hoppers will last much much longer before they need serviced which will be inevitable.

That being said I will say I feel more comfortable with the newest Hoppers than I have in the past.
I do feel GHL took care of a lot of issues. Probably not all but most issues.

I will continue using my hopper daily until the inevitable, I just hope it's a long time from now!!!

@Bass Vaper The WPA has a larger bore and much less draw resistance.
It mates perfectly to 14mm female glass and yes as said it is super stable.
The silicone tip works good but the WPA works awesome!

I too also use it as a mouth piece!:)

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
Mine has been down for two weeks and I've got to say... I miss the little bugger.

As frustrating as I find owning one, when it works it is handy and effective.

I'd say everyone here is rooting for them despite their perceived aloofness.

I'm happy for you @Vape Dr. and hope the second honeymoon lasts a long time.

biohacker

Mine has been down for two weeks and I've got to say... I miss the little bugger.

HL has been holding my two SS hostage since March 6. I miss the buggers, but that's starting to go away. I guess I should go shill in the other thread :lol:

EDIT: Oh snap, this is the best thing to have ever happened! Thanks Caroline! A strategic RMA delay in order to coordinate shipping my RMA back with a WPA??? :rofl:

If only...

Top Bottom