Discontinued The Grasshopper

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Without having watched it, is it possible it wasn't vaped for long enough?

It's definitely not vaped much. He's using low temperatures and he takes only three hits or so each time. That explains why there's green in it, but that's not what got my attention. There are parts that are green with edges that are deep brown or black. That's a sure sign of conduction.

lwien

could just be the crappy vid quality? #hopeful

Bad vid quality showing dark brown as black along with showing medium brown as green? :hmm:.....ummm....I don't think so.

It the drastic unevenness of the color that's concerning but yeah, lets hope that this is not what is really happening.

skyvaper

Using the word burn or burnt and Im seeing what looks to be the color black is not very appealing. Im hoping he is new to vaping and doesnt have the language down which is why he used the word that shall not be spoken. Im also hoping his lighting sucks or my brightness wasnt turned up enough and that was NOT effing black burnt herbs. Its dark brown vaped material for petes sake!!!

To be honest it looks like the abv from my first mistake which was the atmos raw my worst vape (electric pipe) purchase ever!!!

lwien

I think(hope!) people are getting a bit worried about nothing. Other videos show much more even ABV. If I had to guess it's due to his herb quality(dryness, perhaps).

Even if it was shitty dry herb, a convection vape shouldn't produce ABV like that, especially the unevenness and wide variance of the colors.

I wonder how much variance there is from unit to unit as they make running production changes. It's kinda typical that when you fix one problem, it can create another (kinda like trying to even out a fishing net) which could explain why Buzz's unit didn't do this, but a more recent GH does.

Last edited:

YaFreekin Right

Even if it was shitty dry herb, a convection vape shouldn't produce ABV like that, especially the unevenness and wide variance of the colors.

I wonder how much variance there is from unit to unit as they make running production changes. It's kinda typical that when you fix one problem, it can create another (kinda like trying to even out a fishing net) which could explain why Buzz's unit didn't do this, but a more recent GH does.

My 1st thought was actually too damp an herb , rather than too dry. This would cause the edges to brown more that the thicker center and some of the larger chunks to evaporate the moisture and remain more green. If he hit it till it was spent those chunks would dry up more and then brown/vape evenly. All just a guess...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I didn't watch the video, or see said avb in question, but my T1, Firefly, and Elevape are all plenty capable of producing uneven avb with green and blackish bits scattered (especially without stirring), where as most conduction vapes ive used produce more uniform color every time.

Agree it is troubling if Hopper is not more consistent than those vapes automatically without stirring, but not alarming at all imo (which again, is not fully informed without analyzing this video)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Why the hell are you guys bitching about some crappy youtube video??? I can't see shit in that video aside from some shaky hand holding some ABV (Seriously, he couldn't have dumped it onto a piece of paper - ANY white surface would have been better than his hand held up to the camera). Hell the dark bits could simply be shadows from that horrible lighting.

We didn't see him hit the vape, nor did we see the size of the clouds he pulled from the vape. For all we know he could have swapped some ABV from another vape (doubtful, but still).

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

skyvaper

Thou shalt not speaketh against thine knight of the vapes sir grasshopper!

On a serious note is anyone on a forum with our most recent recipent of the GH to ask if the material is indeed burnt?

shadymilkman

Sniping at its finest, cherry picking scenarios to establish a framework to continue pushing negative opinions. so Im curious as to what is the motivation? I am unsure. there was a muted reception to the 5 other ABV videos all of which show evenly vaped material from start to finish (packing, heating, inhale/exhale, & abv dump). But as soon as we get a video thats chopped to bits (which if HL released would be berated into oblivion for having cuts/edits), that could potentially suit a particular narrative.. we have more company than usual (and at this point given the context; expected). I just find it odd that this one video is the one to be chosen as the end all representative of the GH performance.

The fact that the temp 5 abv is out of focus the whole time its being shared, could inspire such a reaction is pretty telling.

Top Bottom