Discontinued The Grasshopper

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I use a glass reducer so I can just plop my ss in...it's not a perfect fit, but it must be damn close because I can still milk it like crazy. So, no 18mm WPA? Only 14mm? No biggie, just figured they would have offered both sizes?
I use @Ratchett's silicone reducer which fits perfectly and allows me to leave the GH standing if I want it to. Does the glass reducer scratch the GH's finish?

Who knows! It somehow stopped at the border I think and i've been left in the dark. Not sure why this happens with HL packages....must be the way they ship them? I never have had any tracking issues with anything else coming from the US....it just switches tracking over to Canada Post. And to top it off I live in the middle of nowhere so have to actually drive to the post office to even see if I have mail, so the tracking is super important to me so I know when to go for a drive lol
That is unfortunate about not having tracking to know when to go to the PO. HL uses small packets for sending to Canada. It is kind of weird because I get packages shipped from the US for about $15US that are first class packages which tracks into Canada (but doesn't seem to be any quicker than small packets). I am waiting on a package from HL that left the US on Saturday, but who knows when it will show up. Could be as soon as today. :shrug:

biohacker

I use @Ratchett's silicone reducer which fits perfectly and allows me to leave the GH standing if I want it to. Does the glass reducer scratch the GH's finish?

It does scratch it a little, but my ss front end was already scratched so that's my designated water tool front end now lol The coloured ti scratch even worse.

That is unfortunate about not having tracking to know when to go to the PO. HL uses small packets for sending to Canada. It is kind of weird because I get packages shipped from the US for about $15US that are first class packages which tracks into Canada (but doesn't seem to be any quicker than small packets). I am waiting on a package from HL that left the US on Saturday, but who knows when it will show up. Could be as soon as today

Mine left on the same day! Can you let me know when you get yours so i'll know when mine are here? LOL I just got back from the PO and nothing, but the guy hasn't dropped off parcels yet either.... I would have paid extra for tracking after the border lol

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
It does scratch it a little, but my ss front end was already scratched so that's my designated water tool front end now lol The coloured ti scratch even worse.

Mine left on the same day! Can you let me know when you get yours so i'll know when mine are here? LOL I just got back from the PO and nothing, but the guy hasn't dropped off parcels yet either.... I would have paid extra for tracking after the border lol
Thanks for letting me know about the scratches. I will see how wear and tear on the ss will be, but I will stick with the silicone adapter for now. For $25US, they should have provided tracking at the border. I am surprised that they didn't.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Who knows! It somehow stopped at the border I think and i've been left in the dark. Not sure why this happens with HL packages....must be the way they ship them? I never have had any tracking issues with anything else coming from the US....it just switches tracking over to Canada Post. And to top it off I live in the middle of nowhere so have to actually drive to the post office to even see if I have mail, so the tracking is super important to me so I know when to go for a drive lol
It's because they ship "cheap" ... if they used slightly better shipping it would take half the time and be tracked the whole way ... sigh ...

I'm in the same boat as you know @biohacker ... I tried to upgrade my shipping too .... I had e-mailed them about doing so, and 3 days after sending them the e-mail they responded saying sorry they couldn't because it had already shipped! (if only it had shipped a couple days later I would have been able to upgrade the shipping and would get it sooner!)

Edit: it's pretty frustrating ... with this type of shipping it could be here tomorrow, or it might be another week yet as there are no delivery standards with this shipping ...

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
It does look like art! Yeah I use an adapter so good to go!

I can't believe how much I miss my hoppers.... I have this EVO and Herbalizer sitting here that I don't even wanna use, they both irritate my lungs like crazy from all the hot air needed to extract. I miss the GH's voodoo....so do my lungs.

So it seems like you prefer the Hopper over the EVO?

I really want to try an EVO out, I don't want to own one (no desk space) but I so very much want to give one a go. What you up to Saturday? Can you bring one over? I'm in the yUK :brow::D:lol:

biohacker

For $25US, they should have provided tracking at the border.

It's because they ship "cheap" ... if they used slightly better shipping it would take half the time and be tracked the whole way ... sigh ...

It costs $25USD to ship a GH? Wow, that's pricey... I would have expected better tracking. HL please contact Randy at PIU to find out how it's really done!

Then again, I should not complain, as I didn't even pay for return shipping for my RMA's, and they didn't charge me shipping on 3 batteries so it's all good.

So it seems like you prefer the Hopper over the EVO?

Big time! The EVO crushes my lungs so I need to keep it at a fairly moderate temp 180-190ish but the vapour density just isn't there like the hopper....EVO makes me cough and sneeze like crazy, not so with the GH. Don't get me wrong, the EVO is a BEAST, and can even hold more material, and has huge vapour output and volume, but it just isn't for me. Then again neither is the Herbalizer that i'm playing with.... the Grasshopper has ruined other vapes for me!

Baron23

Big time! The EVO crushes my lungs so I need to keep it at a fairly moderate temp 180-190ish but the vapour density just isn't there like the hopper....EVO makes me cough and sneeze like crazy, not so with the GH. Don't get me wrong, the EVO is a BEAST, and can even hold more material, and has huge vapour output and volume, but it just isn't for me.

Okay i'm officially sold and loving my EVO experience now that i've adjusted to it and gave it a proper test drive! I have the hydrabomb and the hydracirc 2.0 (i think?) and i've used it with my own bubbler and it's definitely a keeper! I definitely gets me more medicated than the GH...I get this punch to the head like a concentrate hit or something!

You're funny, mate. :lol:;)

biohacker

Just because it gets me more medicated (probably due to the amount used), doesn't mean that I like it better. What should mean something is that i'm excited for my gh's to return, however will be parting ways with my both my EVO and Herbalizer. They didn't survive the honeymoon like the GH lol

Last edited:

natural farmer

The EVO crushes my lungs so I need to keep it at a fairly moderate temp 180-190ish but the vapour density just isn't there like the hopper....
I like lung crushing! But I really hate Hopper's throat crashing. It's what still keeps me away... A few weeks ago during a road trip we were sharing Hopper in the car and I had a hit at 4 or 5 and got such a sore throat I thought I would die of it, very uncomfortable burn and pain, never had such a pain before with a vape! Only Vapman hurt my throat at uncomfortable levels but this was something much worst... Didn't try it dry again after that. Only through an Ehle 250ml straight tube and it was just ripping, throat crashing and all!!! :ko:

biohacker

A perfect example of how no one vape is perfect for everyone and that each of us FCers have different wants/ needs/ priorities in vaping.

Great quote from our friend @MinnBobber from the EVO thread! I like vapour choke me out lung crushing, but not "searing heat" lung crushing. Everyone is different....I don't feel the heat of the GH like you do (I do on my lips without the silicone! lol)....but my throat is fine and I thrive on the vapour density and ability to chew the vapour! The only other one that can match or exceed it is the supreme 3 IME! Sorry, had to tease you :brow: You're close! :p

Chose

REALY happy hopper labs are now at the point where there is no wait time
My hopper is still working fine after one year
Three years ago when I was a backer I had a few communications with Trevor and he was truly friendly and responsive and helpfull
I'm glad they stuck at it and made it through the hard times
I thank you hopper labs I've REALY enjoyed your vape and will be ordering another one soon when I can save some cash
I'll be looking forward to your future projects
Just wanted to say thanks man we need company's like yours to push things forward
Mutch respect and love
CHOSE

natural farmer

Great quote from our friend @MinnBobber from the EVO thread! I like vapour choke me out lung crushing, but not "searing heat" lung crushing. Everyone is different....I don't feel the heat of the GH like you do (I do on my lips without the silicone! lol)....but my throat is fine and I thrive on the vapour density and ability to chew the vapour! The only other one that can match or exceed it is the supreme 3 IME! Sorry, had to tease you :brow: You're close! :p
:argh:

DocBurN

Thank you GH for making me realise my stash taste like cleaning product! Now i need good tasting non-average stuff

You remember the first time you tasted the real thing ?... or watch your first HD TV over your old crappy one and you tell to yourself.. damn i see clearly now, and i was blind before and i did not knew..

Do you take the blue pill or the red pill ? I would take both

rodders83

If this went up from 185 to 200 usd i wonder will it now rise at Vapefiend too. Hmm normally we get shafted on this and must pay 1:1 £ to $ but the 185 usd hopper is 200 at vapefiend. Even more than the usual 1:1 shafting.

Not going to be impressed to see it rise to £215-220 GBP. :(

disGRUNTled

What's up fellas , first post in this thread I own a Mighty, IQ, HydroBrick Maxx, A Hypnos Zero & Ares for concentrates. I have been lurking in this thread for a while thinking about getting a Titanium GH. But I need that push to convince me I have seen a lot of post thru out this thread with people having problems with the GH I know every vape has its problems but it seems the GH has alot more. If I am paying 200+ for a vape I would like to be able to charge it w/o having to flip it upside down or some crazy crap. I don't have a daily driver I use them all equally thru out the week so maybe this would help. Anyways hoping to get some good feedback that eases my fears.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
What's up fellas , first post in this thread I own a Mighty, IQ, HydroBrick Maxx. I have been lurking in this thread for a while thinking about getting a Titanium GH. But I need that push to convince me I have seen a lot of post thru out this thread with people having problems with the GH I know every vape has its problems but it seems the GH has alot more. If I am paying 200+ for a vape I would like to be able to charge it w/o having to flip it upside down or some crazy crap. I don't have a daily driver I use them all equally thru out the week so maybe this would help. Anyways hoping to get some good feedback that eases my fears.

You just gotta try it and see if it works for you, it's impossible to guarantee you'll get a working hopper, even a 1% (pure example, HL claim less than 2%) failure rate is a guarantee that someone is going to get a failure. Luckily HL seem to have a fairly good RMA process, however there are always the few unlucky customers who have fallen through the cracks and have been mistreated (IMO).

There is also no guarantee you'll even like the vape signature, the are people who have owned the GrassHopper and sold it on as it doesn't work for you.

All I can say is:
  • the price is going up imminently
  • i've had mine for almost a year and I love it
  • it fucks you up like a punch to the head
  • it's stealthy - like really stealthy
  • swappable batteries go along way to mitigating low mAh
  • it's shocking how well this thing runs through water
  • it's going to get better with a water pipe adapter on the way and hopefully an oils front end too
  • it's versatile and in my book that makes it good value for money
  • it's easy to clean (although there is debate about material dropping down onto the heater when left in and upright position, this is a fairly new discussion though and I don't really have enough data to comment on)
Regarding the issues the GrassHopper has I'd say the largest is perception.

This has been a long running thread based on a long running tech startup.

They have finally breached the Pre-Order threshold and are amending their pricing model to better support their business model. This to me is a sign of growth that should lead to company stability. I can however only assume that the company stability results in a better production effort and smoother customer service, from what I've been reading over the last couple of months I'd say there has been considerable improvement in both areas.

Areas for improvement:
  • Shipping method - people have been complaining of the cheaper shipping method losing tracking details when leaving the states.

• Formfactor - Some people don't like the custom sized 750mAh batteries and would prefer something like an 18650. For now that's not what the Hopper is

• Communications - whilst improved by the use of a blog it would in my mind (and I suspect many) be a good idea for HL to get back involved with at the very least the FC community. I don't think this is going to happen, I think they'll favour their own blog as they'll be able to control the content

• Don't talk about putting the customer first, actually do it - When a priority customer who has invested additional funds for a premium HT unit receives one without a screen get them a screen pronto and chuck in a free battery for their patience. I'd also like to see a policy where a customer receive priority treatment if they have had more than 4 or 5 RMA's in a row. It doesn't happen often but when it does, look after that customer.

btka

What's up fellas , first post in this thread I own a Mighty, IQ, HydroBrick Maxx, A Hypnos Zero & Ares for concentrates. I have been lurking in this thread for a while thinking about getting a Titanium GH. But I need that push to convince me I have seen a lot of post thru out this thread with people having problems with the GH I know every vape has its problems but it seems the GH has alot more. If I am paying 200+ for a vape I would like to be able to charge it w/o having to flip it upside down or some crazy crap. I don't have a daily driver I use them all equally thru out the week so maybe this would help. Anyways hoping to get some good feedback that eases my fears.

I followed your postings in the hydro maxx thread and did see you use glass... gh is ideal for glass, especially if you like really big clouds of dense vapor... to be honest I can not achieve such big dense vapor clouds with my sticky bricks hydro maxx dry... but this could be because of user error... got ly sticky bricks hydro maxx a week ago...

Mr. Me2

Welcome here @disGRUNTled !

My Crafty is gathering dust since I got my gh (push...push...).

Did I say that I LOVE my gh ? (nudge...nudge)

The gh has a LIFETIME warranty. (Come on...jump!)

sixstringsmash

I'm noticing an odd quirk about my new hopper that my past SS model didn't have. If I fully tighten the battery cap my hopper seems to give me flashing red and blue lights for 5 to 10 seconds before finally turning blue but if I loosen the battery cap a little and leave it loose on the hopper while it's turned on it seems to heat up at red and turn to blue normally.

Both ways seem to work it's just that the lights flash all wonky one of the ways, so I'm not really complaining about it but just taking note of it. Anyone else experience anything like this?

sixstringsmash,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I'm noticing an odd quirk about my new hopper that my past SS model didn't have. If I fully tighten the battery cap my hopper seems to give me flashing red and blue lights for 5 to 10 seconds before finally turning blue but if I loosen the battery cap a little and leave it loose on the hopper while it's turned on it seems to heat up at red and turn to blue normally.

Both ways seem to work it's just that the lights flash all wonky one of the ways, so I'm not really complaining about it but just taking note of it. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Not me.

Q: have you tried with other batteries, do you get the same result?

sixstringsmash

Not me.

Q: have you tried with other batteries, do you get the same result?
Yarp. Tried two batteries same result. It's odd too because it's definitely not the cop lights because it turns blue and heats up after a while and won't blink once it gets up to temperature so it's not dead or anything and seems to hit the same way compared to when it doesn't do that. It's just odd is all.

sixstringsmash,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Yarp. Tried two batteries same result. It's odd too because it's definitely not the cop lights because it turns blue and heats up after a while and won't blink once it gets up to temperature so it's not dead or anything and seems to hit the same way compared to when it doesn't do that. It's just odd is all.

That is odd, I have no idea what could be causing that.

GreenHopper,
Top Bottom