Discontinued The Grasshopper

skyvaper

So I happened to turn my hopper on in the dark with an empty chamber and no mp and I have some pretty heavy build-up that I unfortunately cannot clean as its through the screen. I can tell its heavy because Ive got two hoppers and the buildup is heavier on my older ss unit. Looks like a black ring around the heater. No more fine grind for me!!

skyvaper,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
So I happened to turn my hopper on in the dark with an empty chamber and no mp and I have some pretty heavy build-up that I unfortunately cannot clean as its through the screen. I can tell its heavy because Ive got two hoppers and the buildup is heavier on my older ss unit. Looks like a black ring around the heater. No more fine grind for me!!

Oh no, could you possibly burn it off with a few empty bowl runs on T5 or is it really gummed up in there?

GreenHopper,
Reactions: biohacker

skyvaper

Oh no, could you possibly burn it off with a few empty bowl runs on T5 or is it really gummed up in there?
I doubt it. I only use my hopper at 5. They both work fine but damn its pretty thick in my SS. I was doing cigar pulls with a flashlight on an empty chamber and was getting lots of vapor and somehow I thought to check in the dark with and empty chamber and noticed it.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Went to check mine but can't really see much, the edges are obscured and so is a bit in the middle but I think this is just the shape of the heater, it's a bit late here and I'm a bit too buzzed to see clearly (especially in the dark.

I'll take another look tomorrow on both mine (one is hardly used so I should be able to compare).

JoeMama

Well just my luck...my 8 month old SS backer hopper is going in for RMA....I was hoping i'd get my 3 rma's back before I had to send it in but not only is it straight-to-blue no heat 95% of the time, but the back end completely seized up like my og ti backer hopper, you can see a gap and it looks like there is some sort of cement in there. It won't budge...stuck on 5....unusable. Now for the first time in months i'm completely hopperless! So looking forward to getting my repaired ones back...hopefully in a few days...tracking is moving faster than I anticipated!

Holy cow, Bio, four RMA's? Jeezus! You'd think two would cover the instance of a failing hopper. Really sorry about your Hopper woes, man.

@moondog what an interesting post!
My first reaction is, WTF?! So now the smooth backends are not to be envied by those still working with stiff dials; So that makes two out of two Hoppers I have that are smooth.

So the pushing down thing is coming back; and @Vapor_Eyes , as you said above, that this kind of instruction isn't laid out ("...uh, how about using that blog you've got, GHL!!"). I too have easily accidentally moved that dial - not that I mind... I like the smooth feel. That stiff (older) version is to crunchy and "sticky" feeling. I hope this new design mitigates that, if indeed they are going back to hard-to-turn dials.

And, I guess, so much for the worry about pressing down on the battery, and, said it be easier to turn when a battery is installed. Strange mechanics methinks. Apparently there are some alternate designs they are trying out for either cost-vs-quality or -performance.

Every few months there seems to be a major change to the product!

So after posting the above GH stand I decided to take the advise of some wise FC members and not charge my GrassHopper upside down. So, I present Gen 2 of my GrassHopper stand.
It doesn't even look out of place sitting on my desk.

gVM0E6e.png

BFGvJP2.png

Wow, that's not a stand... that's a SHRINE! A fitting one, too! :clap::tup:

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

Looks like it is an alternative Mouthpiece with more open Airflow and better Seal in Glass - would like some Infos too - perhaps we are late to the Party and everybody already knows about it?

sixstringsmash

I know some of you were following my story last month about the hopper I received that didn't come with a screen in the mouthpiece. Well an update to that is finally here! I received my heat treated mouthpiece in the mail last night. It has a screen!!!

It was a long arduous process of getting a functioning grasshopper and the whole experience has left a rather sour taste in my mouth overall but now I get the joy of knowing that my grasshopper has a screen. Yay!

biohacker

No one has mentioned the new mouthpiece in the picture? Is that different to the GonG adapter's?

Looks like it is an alternative Mouthpiece with more open Airflow and better Seal in Glass - would like some Infos too - perhaps we are late to the Party and everybody already knows about it?

Water pipe adapter that is to be released by the end of the month! The one pictured looks like it might be a 14mm adapter, but I really hope they make one in 18mm! The vapour output is going to be insane right @guyonthecouch ??? You're the only dude to have tried one so far!!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
No one has mentioned the new mouthpiece in the picture? Is that different to the GonG adapter's?

Hi Guys,

I assumed this was the water pipe adapter that HL are going to release any second now.....how about now?.....Now?.....no not yet....now? :shrug:

I know some of you were following my story last month about the hopper I received that didn't come with a screen in the mouthpiece. Well an update to that is finally here! I received my heat treated mouthpiece in the mail last night. It has a screen!!!

It was a long arduous process of getting a functioning grasshopper and the whole experience has left a rather sour taste in my mouth overall but now I get the joy of knowing that my grasshopper has a screen. Yay!

Dude thats been a LONG time coming, yeash feels like ages ago you received your HT hopper. Glad you got everything you need now, hopefully that sour taste will soon be replaced by the citrusy fruity flavours of some of great hearbage.

I'm really surprised at how long it took them to sort you out with a screen.

biohacker

Dude thats been a LONG time coming, yeash feels like ages ago you received your HT hopper. Glad you got everything you need now, hopefully that sour taste will soon be replaced by the citrusy fruity flavours of some of great hearbage.

I'm really surprised at how long it took them to sort you out with a screen.

Yeah no kidding! I hope they included an extra special something for your troubles, I mean you did spend $350 in order to get your GH FASTER right?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Yeah no kidding! I hope they included an extra special something for your troubles, I mean you did spend $350 in order to get your GH FASTER right?

Yeh I completely agree, they should have sent you a special HT Water Pipe Adapter, I mean after all:
the Grasshopper is meant to show how products can be more about the customer than profits.

ktmstick

I have tried searching but no results....has anyone put a screen into the chamber to reduce its size? I received my hopper today and I'm currently suffering it's effects. That big chamber and the beautiful taste means I just want to keep hitting it. If I put less in to start with then I can't be so reckless!

Mr. Me2

I have tried searching but no results....has anyone put a screen into the chamber to reduce its size? I received my hopper today and I'm currently suffering it's effects. That big chamber and the beautiful taste means I just want to keep hitting it. If I put less in to start with then I can't be so reckless!
I don't think you need to make the oven smaller. That's the beauty of convection. You don't have to finish what you start. Just save the rest for later! (Or don't fill it)

ktmstick

Not necessary IMO, just slow your draw down, up your temp a bit, and enjoy putting in pinches. No extra screen required!

I don't think you need to make the oven smaller. That's the beauty of convection. You don't have to finish what you start. Just save the rest for later! (Or don't fill it)

Excellent! Thanks for those super quick replies. How about grind? Do little buds work or best to grind a bit?

guyonthecouch

Water pipe adapter that is to be released by the end of the month! The one pictured looks like it might be a 14mm adapter, but I really hope they make one in 18mm! The vapour output is going to be insane right @guyonthecouch ??? You're the only dude to have tried one so far!!
The WPA comes in 14mm taper. Fits snug with all my pieces. Airflow is "different" with the WPA, it is more open and flows easier when pulling hard. With the WPA i've been starting on T3.9-4.2 rather than 3.5 with the normal FE. I'm a flavour chaser and was getting what i was looking for at the higher temp and the added bonus of quicker vapour production. It seems to gunk up faster but we were using it heavily. Not sure but from the lil testing we did it seemed to get less dirty if you rip it harder. The slower softer pulls allow for more particulates to build up in the screen holes.. my guess.

I prefer the flavour out of the WPA and so did the rest of the squad. I found it lasted longer throughout the entire bowl even when starting on the higher temp.

It's nice to go free-handed as well and let the hopper rest in the stem.

Doing the multiple chamber pulls isn't as easy as with the Silicone/Normal front end but you can manage.

Swapping between front ends will keep your silicone new for longer and I didn't have to clean my normal FE as much because I was only using it on the go with a bit coarser grind to avoid build up.

The feeling of the rip is a lil more "airy/smoother" but with the same vapour density and the same effects. :drool:

It's very reminiscent of hitting a normal bong :luv:

@biohacker if you have a snug 19-14 glass adapter you should be good to go!!

I foresee it putting many headz to bed :zzz:

Last edited:

biohacker

I use a glass reducer so I can just plop my ss in...it's not a perfect fit, but it must be damn close because I can still milk it like crazy. So, no 18mm WPA? Only 14mm? No biggie, just figured they would have offered both sizes?

biohacker

It does look like art! Yeah I use an adapter so good to go!

I can't believe how much I miss my hoppers.... I have this EVO and Herbalizer sitting here that I don't even wanna use, they both irritate my lungs like crazy from all the hot air needed to extract. I miss the GH's voodoo....so do my lungs.

biohacker

Who knows! It somehow stopped at the border I think and i've been left in the dark. Not sure why this happens with HL packages....must be the way they ship them? I never have had any tracking issues with anything else coming from the US....it just switches tracking over to Canada Post. And to top it off I live in the middle of nowhere so have to actually drive to the post office to even see if I have mail, so the tracking is super important to me so I know when to go for a drive lol

Baron23

Don't fill it. The GH works great with a half of an oven load (about 50 milligrams, right?).

Top Bottom