Discontinued The Grasshopper

Michel

My 2nd Hopper (Dark grey) landed. It is a back-up for the plain Ti which is currently in warranty.
I like the mate finish very much, nice to the touch and a nice contrast to the stainless steel clipper! Most photos really don't do justice to the dark grey, it is beautiful.

The new charger was already in the box, charges like it should. No hot back-end issue on the hopper. And no metallic taste, even on the first bowl I tried without burn off or cleaning the unit before use.
Some might remember I didn't enjoy the taste of the plain Ti I had before. I had some metallic flakes in the air intake and i would guess those caused the weird taste I experienced. It was barely visible when looking with a flash light in the air intake holes. I hope the plain Ti replacement is as good as the current dark grey I got...

Edit: serial is already over 6000 if this might help someone. The blue heater is clearly visible. And I couldn't believe it myself but the anodizing seems to be cooler to the lips somehow!

Last edited:

Shieldsab

My hopper has lasted 4 bowls with 2 or 3 hits a bowl on a single charge. Always been quick to heat up, and kept up with my mediumish speed draws. I use it more like a waxpen than anything though, only turn it on for a 5 second preheat, and leave it on for about 5 or 6 seconds of my draw, then shut it off and continue drawing till vapor cools. I have no color vision, so can't tell what the lights are doing, but it keeps turning on when I ask it to and exhausting both 4-piece ground and hand-torn bowls in 2 or 3 draws. Very pleased so far. Even if I do have to keep sending pieces back occasionally, I think it'll be worth it to have the GH in my collection.
Next week it's accessory shopping time. For those with the leather case, how pocketable is it? Assuming it's got the GH, a doob tube or two and a battery?

Mr.Sifter

I hope i can use this thread for a question.

Does anybody know of a good e-cigarette similar to the hopper?

Mr.Sifter,

Justpassedu

I hope i can use this thread for a question.

Does anybody know of a good e-cigarette similar to the hopper?
e-cigarette will combust herb unless your talking about e-liquid than that's a different story. They would all be similar on-demand pretty much. Be a bit more specific on what you are looking for ?

Justpassedu,

Mr.Sifter

i am looking for a e-liquid cigarette to quit smoking.

a unit that can be mistaken for the hopper and vice versa would be nice

Mr.Sifter,

Justpassedu

i am looking for a e-liquid cigarette to quit smoking.

a unit that can be mistaken for the hopper and vice versa would be nice
Honestly wrong place for this question , you'd get better answers in a forum or thread more dedicated to e-cigs , i believe fc has one so do a search but in my experience a small e-cigarette like a grasshopper does not work well if you are a heavy smoker. You would be better off with a mod styles vaporizer and a good tank. If you don't want to go that route look up the vision spinner 2 , its your basic e cigarette type pen with a adjustable voltage,. They are not bad to start and under $20 with a tank.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, you can always do most of us have done and get one of these...

[link removed]

Simple, effective and many of us can vouch for them (or similar). I love mine with the Hopper. It's like vapor bong loads! You cannot go wrong. Personally I'm not a fan of the Orbiter, it just looks very cheap and basic. I couldn't imagine it would be better than the Matrix perkulator on my piece.

Modnote: Link to labeled counterfeit glass removed
Thanks!
I did see it before the link was removed. I've mentioned the D-020D or Mobius Matrix being on my wish-list twice in the last couple of pages, I know it's a go-to piece for a lot of members.

UNRELATED;
I've seen instructions about posting (linking) photos/videos to the forum and kinda understand it, but I do not know how to get the content up to say, Imgur site from my phone or laptop and still be fully confident about anonymity. Can someone point me to a tutorial or such? I believe maybe I also need to understand how to remove meta data from media files before uploading? Am I even close to describing the task correctly? I'm only describing the parts that I know I don't know! I did spend time on Imgur some months ago and my eyes glazed over with all the instruction for account preferences, sharing, etc.
Maybe so that not too many folks feel need to jump in, if someone would volunteer to send me something via pm, it would be much appreciated.
I have a recent Hopper mod to share, among other things! And something tells me it just can't be THAT hard. Just that I live in a backwards-ass state so I have to be somewhat discreet...

Mr. Me2

Next week it's accessory shopping time. For those with the leather case, how pocketable is it? Assuming it's got the GH, a doob tube or two and a battery?

If your asking about @Ratchett's leather case, I'm one of the proud owners. It's a fold over that has compartments for the hopper, 2 batteries, a doob tube (included), and a couple other pockets for other small goodies (I keep tweezers and the gh scoop from @Ratchett in there). To hold all of that, it's not so small. I would say it would fit in cargo pockets or an inside jacket pocket. But I think it's a little much for your jeans front pocket. You may want to split the pieces up if you want to carry them all in your pockets.

DocBurN

Even after reading mostly warranty return and problems, i still get sudden urges to order a GH.. both time i tried I had problem with the GH website and adding stuff to the cart was not working.. maybe its a sign i should wait lol!

DocBurN,
Reactions: Hjalmark

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Even after reading mostly warranty return and problems, i still get sudden urges to order a GH.. both time i tried I had problem with the GH website and adding stuff to the cart was not working.. maybe its a sign i should wait lol!
If you are using a phone, try viewing site in landscape (horizontal) mode, there may be content you are not able to see in portrait view...? And you will need Paypal, it's the only payment they accept, I think.
But do keep trying!
I like that you are attempting to order one direct and not paying so much extra for faster hopper from a third party.

@Mr.Sifter there are numbers on the hopper back end and on the box (different/random). You must go to site, open account, then register using the two numbers. Once registered, it can't be transferred to any one else. This is one reason to not register until some problem arises requiring service.

ChooChooCharlie

... have you guys seen this?

Just received the feeder and case. Love it!
The video doesn't lie.

bK0nB9Gl.jpg

So well designed and solid, even a friggin' magnet to hold lid. Nice 0.1g every time. Spooky good.

About my own hopper experience over the last few weeks, it's like doing shots of tequila for me compared to my other vapes. This is a good thing. I've been using f-bomb lately, two handed, no water so I can angle it better. Done in three long fast draws. I don't click it off between draws. Oddly, found battery lasts longer that way. A lot easier, too. Maybe less strain on back end without repeated firm clicking on/off. After reading about thread related back end issues, figured I'd play it safe and charge hopper as designed. Less stress opening/closing, and easier.

Mr.Sifter

where to get this ?

edit: ok, ebay link from isreal
surely a usefull item but the hopper deserves something more aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,

JoeMama

I don't click it off between draws. Oddly, found battery lasts longer that way.
It may well be true... the start-up current draw may be more per unit time versus maintaining a temperature. My use style is single long draws (fill up the lungs once and exhale), and I'm pretty well set. So it's a shame I can't really benefit any by saving battery by leaving it on, since I'm not hitting it again for a while.

Doesn't the body get crazy hot when it stays on for so long?

Kermitt

The video doesn't lie.

bK0nB9Gl.jpg

So well designed and solid, even a friggin' magnet to hold lid. Nice 0.1g every time. Spooky good.

About my own hopper experience over the last few weeks, it's like doing shots of tequila for me compared to my other vapes. This is a good thing. I've been using f-bomb lately, two handed, no water so I can angle it better. Done in three long fast draws. I don't click it off between draws. Oddly, found battery lasts longer that way. A lot easier, too. Maybe less strain on back end without repeated firm clicking on/off. After reading about thread related back end issues, figured I'd play it safe and charge hopper as designed. Less stress opening/closing, and easier.

I've already thought about to buy this Vape-Feeder. It looks like a very functional tool. Hm....

Another thing:
My first GH TI have had the scratches from the clip after a while. With my new GH I wanted to prevent this, and did it. I used Scotch tape. No more scratching.

In the photos you can see this. But in reality this is hardly recognizable.

11d7wzmjiy6.jpg

2x5qop6z02d.jpg

160c86-1477077600.jpg

Modnote: Edited to display last image

Last edited by a moderator:

ChooChooCharlie

... Doesn't the body get crazy hot when it stays on for so long?

I hold GH midsection with thumb and two fingers, avoiding front and back. Yes it gets hot, but only doing three 15 second draws from 0.1g, so total "session" is around a minute. Tried this with my Plenty mouthpiece first, but hot vapor was hurting. Switched to f-bomb, great. Rockin a Benny Goodman style holding f-bomb with right, GH with left.

Nice one! I have one on the way, have to say I've been looking forward to it every time I've loaded the hopper since ordering.

GH should buy his design and include it with every hopper. Don't be upset when it says month ETA, it got to me in CT from Israel in 13 days.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I hold GH midsection with thumb and two fingers, avoiding front and back. Yes it gets hot, but only doing three 15 second draws from 0.1g, so total "session" is around a minute. Tried this with my Plenty mouthpiece first, but hot vapor was hurting. Switched to f-bomb, great. Rockin a Benny Goodman style holding f-bomb with right, GH with left.

GH should buy his design and include it with every hopper. Don't be upset when it says month ETA, it got to me in CT from Israel in 13 days.

Nice I just got on the train also! I usually just carry a jar of bud and pinch buds off and throw it in the chamber. However, I recently just did a bunch of traveling and I did find myself a. pre-grinding bud for the day and b. packing fuller longer lasting chambers, as when out an about around the planet I felt more comfortable carrying smaller amounts easier to conceal and changing out chambers less frequently, a little flavor sacrifice when on the move, so this kind of loader that holds 2 grams coulda lasted me days on the road. (I realize now the other thing that was different than usual was just having one strain instead of an assortment #ColoradoProblems).

@ChooChooCharlie how do you like that grasshopper case?

Speaking of Colorado and being on the Train, if you happen to live in Colorado or will be here soon, a Colorado Dispensary Terrapin Care Station has its retailer kit and you can buy a Grasshopper in person at the dispensaries in Boulder and Denver!

While there, I'd recommend Dark Blue Dream or Cherry Diesel to try out how much of a flavor machine the Grasshopper is!

https://www.terrapincarestation.com

And for those curious about how the Grasshopper makes for a travel companion, my advice is DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT!

My recent Itinerary was Denver, New York, Hartford, New York, Moscow, Zurich, Basel, Wengen, Basel, Zurich, Moscow, New York, Denver and the Grasshopper never got so much as a second glance. Bon Voyage!

Last edited:

JoeMama

The video doesn't lie.

bK0nB9Gl.jpg

I saw this Feeder several weeks ago and hadn't thought too much about it, but after thinking about the hassle of loading on the run, this seems like a good idea. I just bought two, since I use different strains for day vs eve. Glad to see this thing is gaining in popularity. Quite exclusively nice for the Hopper!

DocBurN

Do you guys know any Canadian Grasshopper reseller or any good/recommended vape shop from Canada? im pretty sure im not the first canadian to buy one, it can't be! Our prime minister is about to legalize something in spring 2017 :)

Hoey420

I was interested in the little herd container that comes with case for stealthy but it does not contain the smell of my herb maybe the case would. @ChooChooCharlie be sure to clean the inside of it before use becos of plastic fiber.
Green_zpsvwlf4amj.jpg

Shieldsab

If your asking about @Ratchett's leather case, I'm one of the proud owners. It's a fold over that has compartments for the hopper, 2 batteries, a doob tube (included), and a couple other pockets for other small goodies (I keep tweezers and the gh scoop from @Ratchett in there). To hold all of that, it's not so small. I would say it would fit in cargo pockets or an inside jacket pocket. But I think it's a little much for your jeans front pocket. You may want to split the pieces up if you want to carry them all in your pockets.
Thanks. That is the one I'm wondering about, and you answered my question. I'll just do as I have been and clip the grasshopper inside my jeans, carry a doob tube and an extra battery when out.

Do you guys know any Canadian Grasshopper reseller or any good/recommended vape shop from Canada? im pretty sure im not the first canadian to buy one, it can't be! Our prime minister is about to legalize something in spring 2017 :)
I'm in Canada, I bought mine through VapeFiend.co.uk. Especially with the way the GBP is dropping, you'll get a pretty good deal. I used the code which can be found a few pages back to get a bit off the order, and they'll subtract some when you choose Canada as your shipping country, as we don't pay VAT. It took 2 weeks to get here with the default free shipping. If you're like me and obsess over package tracking though, you'll want to upgrade as Royal Mail and Canada Post don't cooperate, so you get very little info. It did arrive in good condition, and I didn't pay any import tax. Just no tracking once it leaves the UK.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Interesting post on Reddit: https://m.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/comments/58olvi/hl_are_not_fans_of_the_conductive_grease/

HL are not fans of the conductive grease.
u/Namekian66

"So I was going back and forth with Caroline about hot back ends and I decided to mention the conductive grease and this is what she said.

"We are well aware of some people using conductive grease and we do not recommend using it with your Hopper. This is because it is very risky and when done properly can yield good results however, when not done properly, can cause serious damage to the device that will void your warranty service. We suggest contacting us if you feel your backend is getting too hot and we can assist you with the issue. Per the owner's manual, the warranty does not cover any device that was damaged due to misuse such as:....making any attempt to repair the device yourself".

I know its probably not that hard to apply or that dangerous to the device but I thought I'd just let everyone know HL are not fans. Wipe it off really well if you need service."

Top Bottom