Discontinued The Grasshopper

Mr.Sifter

the lights are very bright.
but it is so nice to see that the blue ring of dots appers so quickly signaling that everything is good.

I can imagine lots of people crabbing the hopper while sitting on their desks when they want to write something down. :D

stealth design at its best !

still like the orbiter + hopper combo A LOT.

there is this "secret shop" from Magic Flight where registered users can buy spare sparts.
I think the orbiter glass only is round about 20$ when i remember correctly.
it would need a nice stand but can be used as single bubbler without any attachments since it can be drawn from the 14mm whip joint.

"the milky bubble"

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The lights can be annoying. I hold my Grasshopper a certain way when I need extra stealth. Basically I just make a loose fist around the hopper, leaving only the mouthpiece visible. It covers the lights but doesn't block airflow. I've used it in movie theaters this way and no light was visible at all.

@Mr.Sifter
I have done that once or twice myself. I like to keep my hoppers next to my pens for ultimate stealth. My main pen is similar in style to the Grasshopper so it leads to confusion sometimes.

luke00978

think the lights are broken on my hopper as you can only see the leds through 2 holes and slightly through a third so if i have it the wrong way in the bubbler cant even tell if its on, wont be sending it in any time soon as it works like a charm other than that, maybe if you guys need stealth you will get lucky and it will break the same way as mine lol

btka

think the lights are broken on my hopper as you can only see the leds through 2 holes and slightly through a third so if i have it the wrong way in the bubbler cant even tell if its on, wont be sending it in any time soon as it works like a charm other than that, maybe if you guys need stealth you will get lucky and it will break the same way as mine lol
that is normal... in my opinion...

luke00978

on one side the led are brighter on the other side they are visible but much less...
I have to hoppers and also the replacements are like this ...
Z2z9emP.jpg
Wo6SJcH.jpg

like this ? cant see anything through one side of mine

btka

Z2z9emP.jpg
Wo6SJcH.jpg

like this ? cant see anything through one side of mine

no I can see blue lights but much more dimmed then on the other side... but the blue light are much brighter on the same side as yours (regarding the position of the clip)... but it is maybe the picture you posted... when I zoom the picture I can see blue lights on the pic where in normal size I can not-...

I think you gh is not broken...

DocBurN

I would like to know why you would choose an SS GH over a Ti GH if the money is not a factor ? After a read of 508 pages of informations.. i hear its a few grams lighter, have better heat diffusion, is less prone to scratchs.. probably forgetting a few others. Unless maybe the SS had less problems since release.

DocBurN,

luke00978

no I can see blue lights but much more dimmed then on the other side... but the blue light are much brighter on the same side as yours (regarding the position of the clip)... but it is maybe the picture you posted... when I zoom the picture I can see blue lights on the pic where in normal size I can not-...

I think you gh is not broken...

yeh i dont think its broken either just the positioning of the leds just wondering how everyone elses looked on the "dim" side, anyones leds full brightness all the way round?

I would like to know why you would choose an SS GH over a Ti GH if the money is not a factor ? After a read of 508 pages of informations.. i hear its a few grams lighter, have better heat diffusion, is less prone to scratchs.. probably forgetting a few others. Unless maybe the SS had less problems since release.

apparently the ti threads get ground away aswell cant really see any reason to go for it over the ss

Last edited by a moderator:

Icon13

Serial Vapist
So many interesting choices out there, you got me looking around.
This is pretty nifty for like, fifteen bucks! Hook a whip right onto it...
http://de.dhgate.com/product/wholes...238695114.html#cppd-14-5|null:108:r1078981903

Well, you can always do most of us have done and get one of these...

[link removed]

Simple, effective and many of us can vouch for them (or similar). I love mine with the Hopper. It's like vapor bong loads! You cannot go wrong. Personally I'm not a fan of the Orbiter, it just looks very cheap and basic. I couldn't imagine it would be better than the Matrix perkulator on my piece.

Modnote: Link to labeled counterfeit glass removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Mellish

My SS gets much, much hotter than my Ti, but I suspect that is device dependent and I should probably consider a warranty request. Beyond that, I would be hard-pressed to pick a "favorite" between the two; they just aren't that much different (to me) in practical application.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
yeh i dont think its broken either just the positioning of the leds just wondering how everyone elses looked on the "dim" side, anyones leds full brightness all the way round?
There was a time I thought 'one of the bulbs has gone out'. Then realized there's only one in there (wow, there's a darker side on the other hopper, too? How long has this been going on? Oh, I see, nevermind...)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

Reports so far have suggested:
  1. SS threads for Backend and Mouth piece seem smoother. It's been theorised that the Ti metal has greater friction when threads meet and therefore produces more of the black gunk on the threads than the SS does
  2. SS take a moment longer to heat up than the Ti, however it also takes longer to cool down
  3. Ti is noticeably lighter than the SS
  4. Cheaper repalcement most pieces for the SS
  5. The SS is shiny, the Ti is matte. Recently there have been posts stating the SS finish has changed but not all that significantly.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I agree with the above points and will add that I seem to get better, more pure flavor from my Ti. My SS has always had a very subtle metallic taste. Others say that their SS has no metallic taste so it could just be me or my specific devices.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If I'd never seen a Ti Hopper I'd be thrilled to have a SS.
The Ti has an aesthetic appeal, and it does feel cool to say you have one. oh, and the available colors, though mine is plain.
I'm finding it's super having one of each.

I think bodies/backends are going to continue to evolve. They'll be swapped out from warranty, and especially over time these components and their comparative performance will change. So I think the weight, the look and feel in the hand make up the differences between the two, more so than performance ultimately. They both perform extremely well.

JoeMama

Maybe something like this would suit your needs? No reducer needed. $20, and not overkill.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/colored...green/386594949.html#s1-10-1;searl|2335390253

My friend uses this and is pretty happy with it. Reckons I should get one, but I have too much glass now
http://de.dhgate.com/product/29-5cm-tall-top-quality-mobius-matrix-glass/386732962.html

Dems are some nice Bubbles! Thanks you guys! I've been using a Purr Papa and it's too tiny, not enough H2O IMO.

Agree with the rest of the pack here that this is normal. "Normal" doesn't mean "good", but it is how my two hoppers (and a prior defective body) are. Kinda dumb, they couldn't manage a more concentric implementation? OR, MAYbe they did it on PURPOSE so you can be more stealthy if you face it right. :clap:

Purple Lava Lamp

I've been searching the threads for an in-depth discussion of external battery chargers for the Grasshopper, but have only found comments here and there vouching for Nitecore and/or Xtar chargers... if there was a deeper discussion on this topic somewhere that I'm not seeing, can someone link me to it?

For my AA & AAA batteries, I have a PowerEx MH-C9000 charger that can also analyze and "recondition" old batteries, and I'm wondering if any of the Nitecore / Xtar chargers have similar functions?

I think I'd prefer a model with 2 slots rather than 4 to keep the size small, and a USB connection would be nice to use with my various USB powerbanks, etc. But my top concern is getting a charger that will help protect/extend the lifespan of the GH batteries...

Any advice?

Right now I'm looking at these:

https://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-Digicharger-EASTSHINE-Battery-Charger/dp/B00KW2ZDHQ

https://www.amazon.com/XTAR-Premium-Charger-Display-Upgrade/dp/B00SV15NLQ

Last edited:
Purple Lava Lamp,
Reactions: Mr.Sifter

Baron23

I've been searching the threads for an in-depth discussion of external battery chargers for the Grasshopper, but have only found comments here and there vouching for Nitecore and/or Xtar chargers... if there was a deeper discussion on this topic somewhere that I'm not seeing, can someone link me to it?

For my AA & AAA batteries, I have a PowerEx MH-C9000 charger that can also analyze and "recondition" old batteries, and I'm wondering if any of the Nitecore / Xtar chargers have similar functions?

I think I'd prefer a model with 2 slots rather than 4 to keep the size small, and a USB connection would be nice to use with my various USB powerbanks, etc. But my top concern is getting a charger that will help protect/extend the lifespan of the GH batteries...

Any advice?

https://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-Digicharger-EASTSHINE-Battery-Charger/dp/B00KW2ZDHQ

Either will do just fine, mate. Its a battery charger after all. Many, including myself, have Nitecore and others here have XTAR. Both are good.

JoeMama

There was a time I thought 'one of the bulbs has gone out'. Then realized there's only one in there (wow, there's a darker side on the other hopper, too? How long has this been going on? Oh, I see, nevermind...)

That's OK, Vap, I'm happy to say that you've just provided some education, since up until I read of your astute observation, I too thought it was a ring of individual blue and red LEDS. Why am I disappointed? :freak: :doh:

Any advice?

Just want to say that you may wish you had a 4-bay charger. I went down the path you did, and after 2 weeks I returned it to get a Nitcore D4 because I can go through 3 batteries on average... And, the idea of cycling a single battery more than once a day was unappealing to me. I thought, "If I was a battery, I'd like a little break between work shifts."

MoltenTiger

Just want to say that you may wish you had a 4-bay charger.
This is something to consider.
Last night I actually depleted all my batteries, because I had my charger set up too far away from me.
Having 4 ready to go at once would be handy.

In terms of reconditioning batteries, this was discussed at one point. I seem to remember that any charger will do this if you place two batteries together, I forget the details tbh but it wasn't that difficult or often necessary.

I like the Xtar MC2 charger, because although it only has two slots, it's tiny and simple, and can be powered by a USB powerbank for portable charging. Doing this means that the charger can follow me around which helps to keep perpetual charge available.

It'd be nice to have that option and a 4 cell charger station at home. I might consider it, but I have found that 4 batteries and easy access to a 2 cell charger is ample for avoiding flat batteries.

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
Well I got my hopper and the charger did not work so i had to buy external charger, also it only lasts like 3-4 hits on high before red blinking battery too low like 1 sesh, so i have sent it back to then yesterday so hopefully the next one is a beast like it was supposed to be, i do really like the draw resistance, but not sure it was getting quite hot enough

nickb,
Top Bottom