Discontinued The Grasshopper

Kermitt

Good to know. 10£ are 12,5€. In the USA you get 2 batterys for 12,5€.
pity that the price difference is so great

Kermitt,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I actually spent some time staring at it , wondering what kind of alien technology might be inside this thing.

yup! It's Hemp, it's the hemp your vaping! :science: ... But in all seriousnes ... after many long hours at the GIM with my bird I decided ignorance is bliss, Matt and Trevor know alchemy FINE no big deal, I don't know alchemy and don't particularly want to learn, especially since I do know Trevor and Matt know it and use it to make grasshoppers for me.

Now knowing the issue and only having tested the max setting I still can say this thing is a powerhouse, like something brought from the future, the heater is really unbelievable.

YUP

priestsmiler

Could not resist had to order a ss from vapefiend so i can compare the ss to ti when my preorder finally tets here... Spent like 4hours yesterday afternoon trying to get on their site to order 1, I was tearing my hair out going round in circles. I feel much better now, knowing 1 will be with me within 2 days. :clap:

ElectropoK

It has been one week that I'm using the grasshopper (not a lot because of the Q at home).

So far so good :-) Here is my first review (could evolve 'coz I have not a lot of experience on this model)

My pros:
- Instant warming and instant stopping
- Flavour of the vape
- Cleaning
- Very cloudy vape
- Easy to use

Cons:
- Battery life
- USB charger
(- Difficult to use in group )

I'm using this vape mainly in my car to keep cool and less stressy into the traffic jam going back to home...
It's really nice to use it in that scenario. When I'm stuck somewhere in the city (Brussel in Belgium the rat trap referring to mr trump), I just "click" the GH and take two puff out of it and then leave it on the right passenger seat until next jam...
It's funny because, sometime, I'm waiting for the next traffic jam because I want to vape LoL :-D

I still need to fully test the "while charging usage" in my car. Has anyone feedback on this feature ?
I've read that, when battery is empty, it's impossible to vape while charging (a shame!). But what about when the battery is fully charged ?? Is it non stop vaping ?

The mouthpiece temperature is not an issue in my opinion and feeling. I'm always using the condom and try to not put my lips in the vape path. I've tried without condom ==> too hot, impossible to drag

Does your backend become warm (nearly as warm as the mouthpiece) when in usage ? Mine get very hot..

Oh yeah: pay attention to the USB charger you are using with the included charging cable.
It's not charging on my computer USB (blinking 3/4 times red and then shut off). But it's well and fast charging (let's say one hour) with my smartphone charger (1,2 Amp HTC). I didn't see UL logo on this charger, don't know if it's relevant in Europe ?

Water tool: if someone is wondering I'm using also this bubbler with the GH:
http://www.easyflow.me/index.php/product/budgie-bubbler/
Working fine and it's amazing how you can drag with this (it's my first bubbler)

Peeeaaaaccce ^^

Krazy

Im torn on the grasshopper. I love the titanium, the look, and the portability. The QC issues are pretty common for a v1.0 device so I will forgive that. The battery life I would gladly deal with because of the portability and toughness. But the temp may well be a killer for me.

Thanks to everyone for ongoing reviews.

UnshavenFish

In Europe the batterys aren't cheap. One battery 14,5€, in dollar 16,5$

Grasshopper batteries are £10 from vapefiend but are currently out of stock @Kermitt

Batterys (and ss hoppers) show instock at vapefiend now...

Also price ain't too bad if you know the codes...

Spend £10+ use hi5 and save £5

Spend £50+ use 420 and save £10

So if ordering only 1 battery you can get it for £5, or 2 for £15.

Kermitt

At Vapefiend is only allowed to buy one battery. For one battery the shipment after Germany does not pay.
But thanks for the hint.

Razshiro

At Vapefiend is only allowed to buy one battery. For one battery the shipment after Germany does not pay.
But thanks for the hint.
+1 , i would like to buy some battery , it seems the best way for me it's to buy directly from Hopperlabs even with this 25$ shipping cost... :|:ugh:

Razshiro,

Baron23

I have had the GH for 5 days or so....bronze Ti version. I'm still loving this thing and it suits an exact need of mine. My only worry is the failure rate that others have reported but so far so good. I will post further views on it later when I have more time.

Now, if the GH were truly generally available and reliable as a rock, this vape would be a star.

One of the things I like about it so much is you don't need some sort of wild technique or body english to get it to work right. Don't need to be standing on one leg, in a southern wind, with herb ground to a certain number of microns, with a specific pack pressure, and a draw timed to the millisecond.

Ok, I'm having fun at the expense of another vape we will leave unnamed but while its a bit of a caricature, its not far off the truth and NOTHING like this is needed with the GH.

I'm waiting for a F-F 14-18 mm adapter and will be trying it out with water devices soon also.

Cheers

UnshavenFish

But thanks for the hint.

Ahh yeah I just checked and your right, they must have just started that as I ordered my gh April 20th and was able to get two extra batterys then, oh well.

UnshavenFish,

ElectropoK

But thanks for the hint.

If you are from Germany and close to Berlin, you can order there:
http://verdampftnochmal.de/products...sshopper-hopper-labs/grasshopper-battery.html
I've ordered my GH there and extra battery has been delivered today in Belgium :-)
However 14eur/batt + shipping cost if it's less than a certain amount

EDIT: OUT OF STOCK ! OUCH ! 1 week ago there were in stock..

ElectropoK,

balarama

I'm very impressed with GH's performance, using it for 5 days and it's a perfect device for my needs. I was thinking of getting a water tool, a small bong for few euros. Which would you get, a small glass bong(17cm) or a small glass ice bong(30cm)?

Kermitt

I have to wait for batteries.
After all I have 5 batteries, but that is not enough for me :-)

Kermitt,

jabba

I have had the GH for 5 days or so....bronze Ti version. I'm still loving this thing and it suits an exact need of mine. My only worry is the failure rate that others have reported but so far so good. I will post further views on it later when I have more time.

Now, if the GH were truly generally available and reliable as a rock, this vape would be a star.

One of the things I like about it so much is you don't need some sort of wild technique or body english to get it to work right. Don't need to be standing on one leg, in a southern wind, with herb ground to a certain number of microns, with a specific pack pressure, and a draw timed to the millisecond.

Ok, I'm having fun at the expense of another vape we will leave unnamed but while its a bit of a caricature, its not far off the truth and NOTHING like this is needed with the GH.

I'm waiting for a F-F 14-18 mm adapter and will be trying it out with water devices soon also.

Cheers

I agree with you 100% I'm on day 5 with the Hopper and am in love. I circumvented my Ti preorder which I theoretically won't receive for 6+ months and bought an SS off Ebay. I went ahead and also ordered an additional 'backup' SS to circumvent a possible repair/warranty issue on my 1st SS..I expect delivery within a week. Seriously...embarrassing I know....but I like the GH that much. In 2013 bought a Pax 1 and it became my sole device for 3 years. The GH is everything that I had ever hoped that a device could be. My temp control ability is so precise that it astounds me. My back end only gets warm if I am on temp level 5.....and temp level 5 is HOT....while temps 1 & 2 are quite pleasantly low (enjoyable on a fresh pack).

I'd purchased an FF2 but it provided me none of the benefits that I sought....except it did provide cool vapor. The GH will not provide cool vapor...and it may be harsher than many other vapes due to its form factor....but for my style of usage....the GH is an irreplaceable game changer. I also like the 'feedback' that the GH's harsher vapor provides....reminds me of actually smoking....but without the adverse yucks of combusting.

I wish that I didn't have this feeling that my GH could fail at any moment...I've read all the posts. Knock on wood mine is performing flawlessly. So flawlessly in fact...that it will be my sole device choice moving forward. I sold the FF2 and the Pax so I wouldn't feel so badly about having 3 GH's on order. I'm not sure that I would be so tickled if I were on my "9th warranty claim" as someone recently posted, however, I'm verging on becoming a fan boy of the GH. It is a spectacular little device.

UnshavenFish

I have to wait for batteries.
After all I have 5 batteries, but that is not enough for me :-)

I just spoke with vapefiend and they only got 10 batterys with this lot so had to limit to 1 per customer to keep things fair, but they are expecting more (100 or more) towards the end of the month and won't have limits on the number sold.

I could do with 2/3 more myself so will just wait until then as I can manage with what I have for now.

UnshavenFish,
Reactions: Kermitt

jabba

I ordered on May 22nd, 2016... The website says August 2016. I'm holding out hope.

Although, it could be anytime from August 2016 - August 2017. LOL

I placed a May 3rd titanium order with Hopper...also projected August 2016 ship. Given that Hopper is currently shipping March 2015 orders out to customers right now....I see no way in hell that I will be getting my titanium in August.

The Hopper is worth more than any $275+ vape on the market right now (to me). I just bought one of the Ebay Hoppers out of Houston, TX for $269 and got it in 3 days. It was worth every penny. Now I can wait patiently for my titanium GH.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I placed a May 3rd titanium order with Hopper...also projected August 2016 ship. Given that Hopper is currently shipping March 2015 orders out to customers right now....I see no way in hell that I will be getting my titanium in August.

The Hopper is worth more than any $275+ vape on the market right now (to me). I just bought one of the Ebay Hoppers out of Houston, TX for $269 and got it in 3 days. It was worth every penny. Now I can wait patiently for my titanium GH.

I just can't see myself spending extra on the same vape, but to each their own. I bought a Mighty to hold me over :-)

Anyhow, I'm praying for August 2016

This should probably go in the shipping thread though.

-----

Can't wait to get mine.

freebigga

My hopper will be here this friday. Does anybody know the size of the hopper?

For example, i am trying to find a small bubbler or small, poxket sized spill proof bubbler for cheap. But im having trouble making a decision because, im not sure of the exact size compabiity.

can you guys help me figure out, what size bubbler would be best or perfect for a on the go pocket sized bubbler for the hopper?

freebigga,

Vapor Loop

Yes those are spill proof and are pretty much as good as your gonna get in portability. I got a couple with the intention to use with my Hopper, But found they work great on my Air as well with a little silicone adapter. I will most certainly be adding to the 510 bubbler collection for my Hopper and Air.

My hopper will be here this friday. Does anybody know the size of the hopper?

For example, i am trying to find a small bubbler or small, poxket sized spill proof bubbler for cheap. But im having trouble making a decision because, im not sure of the exact size compabiity.

can you guys help me figure out, what size bubbler would be best or perfect for a on the go pocket sized bubbler for the hopper?

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I still need to fully test the "while charging usage" in my car. Has anyone feedback on this feature ?
I've read that, when battery is empty, it's impossible to vape while charging (a shame!). But what about when the battery is fully charged ?? Is it non stop vaping ?

Plugging in my grasshopper is the first thing I do when I get in the car! I use it plugged in all the time and it really helps preserve battery life which is awful and the only downfall of the vape in my opinion. It does need to have at least 20% battery to be used on the charger so I might still kill the battery on a long drive since my car charger is pretty slow. I would certainly pay WAAY more than 7 dollars for a longer lasting battery. Seems a lot of vapes have battery prices in the 30-40$ range. I would certainly pay that as a upgraded battery.

I'd purchased an FF2 but it provided me none of the benefits that I sought....except it did provide cool vapor. The GH will not provide cool vapor...and it may be harsher than many other vapes due to its form factor....but for my style of usage....the GH is an irreplaceable game changer. I also like the 'feedback' that the GH's harsher vapor provides....reminds me of actually smoking....but without the adverse yucks of combusting.

I totally agree, I also have a FireFly 2, which I plan on keeping I do like it but the Grasshopper is hands down the better overall vape. If I had to recommend one over the other it's Grasshoppper and if I could on,y have one it would be the grasshopper.

Top Bottom