Discontinued The Grasshopper

ElectropoK

Plugging in my grasshopper is the first thing I do when I get in the car! I use it plugged in all the time and it really helps preserve battery life which is awful and the only downfall of the vape in my opinion. It does need to have at least 20% battery to be used on the charger so I might still kill the battery on a long drive since my car charger is pretty slow. I would certainly pay WAAY more than 7 dollars for a longer lasting battery. Seems a lot of vapes have battery prices in the 30-40$ range. I would certainly pay that as a upgraded battery.

Thank you for your feedback ! It's not that bad then, I had the (bad) impression that this feature is not working well or not efficient for long usage. But when thinking of it, I'll be fully medicated with 2 or 3 sessions... lol It's not a big deal.
So now my charger will stay in the car and extra batteries (4 in total) will be charged by an Xtar charger at home :-)

For those with hoppers what is your preferred filling method?

Roughly grinding my mJ on top of my left hand, filling the chamber with the right hand, cleaning a bit the top of the GH and "Click" :-) Or a train ticket, fold in half and filling the chamber with the ease of this ticket.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to sharing this. Never mind the beer brand lol not trying to advertise.

cqJQHq1.jpg

I like the cap beer on top on this bag ! :-D Same tip as other about batteries, pay attention. While I'm thinking about using caps on my batteries, I've put those spares in a plastic bag (the same as mJ in coffeeshop)

Peace ^^

ElectropoK,

NimbusVapor

Been loving my grasshopper more and more as I use it , what a powerhouse!
I'm even more convinced there is some kind of alien technology behind this thing....

I used it without water for the first time last night and was really impressed with performance again.
found setting 4 to be quite comfortable on a long draw. The silicon rubber mouthpiece is a must but I don't mind using it.

Its worth noting I am very sensitive when it comes to vapes and have found all other vapes to have some sort of irritating or harsh signature. I can honestly say that this device is very , very comfortable to use dry.
I have a feeling the detractors try to use this a session device and I dont think it is intended for that , I find it works best for huge one hit flower snaps.

I discovered this last night and thought it is worth sharing!

When using it last night ,I went to go charge my 18650 for my w9 AC and noticed the nibbler AC base looked to be about the same diameter as the grasshopper. I kept the silicon mouthpiece on , grabbed the nibbler , and was pleasantly surprised to find it is a match made in heaven.

IMG_0302.jpg
[/URL]

In fact it is such a perfect fit that the nibbler slides over the silicon and then part of the main body on the grasshopper to make a very secure pairing .You would think hopper labs engineered this thing to work with the nibbler. Its not to to tight and not too loose , there is no sloppiness or wiggling , it is a perfect match. If you have one I suggest you check it out for yourself.

IMG_0303.jpg
[/URL]

kingfisher

You should really consider some sort of case for those batteries so they don't short out on each other or anything else. Li-ion batteries can catch on fire if shorted.

Normally the only thing in that little ouch is the batteries. I know what you are saying but I don't see how they could short out. It's a cloth lined pouch and there is maybe enough room to fit two batteries in line. To short the battery both the + and - need to be connected. Worst case I could have is positive from one touches the negative of the other.

Hawk

Been loving my grasshopper more and more as I use it , what a powerhouse!
I'm even more convinced there is some kind of alien technology behind this thing....

I used it without water for the first time last night and was really impressed with performance again.
found setting 4 to be quite comfortable on a long draw. The silicon rubber mouthpiece is a must but I don't mind using it.

Its worth noting I am very sensitive when it comes to vapes and have found all other vapes to have some sort of irritating or harsh signature. I can honestly say that this device is very , very comfortable to use dry.
I have a feeling the detractors try to use this a session device and I dont think it is intended for that , I find it works best for huge one hit flower snaps.

I discovered this last night and thought it is worth sharing!

When using it last night ,I went to go charge my 18650 for my w9 AC and noticed the nibbler AC base looked to be about the same diameter as the grasshopper. I kept the silicon mouthpiece on , grabbed the nibbler , and was pleasantly surprised to find it is a match made in heaven.

IMG_0302.jpg
[/URL]

In fact it is such a perfect fit that the nibbler slides over the silicon and then part of the main body on the grasshopper to make a very secure pairing .You would think hopper labs engineered this thing to work with the nibbler. Its not to to tight and not too loose , there is no sloppiness or wiggling , it is a perfect match. If you have one I suggest you check it out for yourself.

IMG_0303.jpg
[/URL]

That looks great and exactly what I want when I get my GH, but damn is it expensive!

Baron23

My hopper will be here this friday. Does anybody know the size of the hopper?

For example, i am trying to find a small bubbler or small, poxket sized spill proof bubbler for cheap. But im having trouble making a decision because, im not sure of the exact size compabiity.

can you guys help me figure out, what size bubbler would be best or perfect for a on the go pocket sized bubbler for the hopper?
I believe it fits just fine in a 14 mm glass fitting.

Baron23,

NimbusVapor

Yeah, but if you buy it from Randy at puffitup ( exceptional service , highly recommended) use discount code puffedup , you can get it for 85$ shipped with a free Alpha Centauri setup that fits any 510 thread mod box. Killer deal imo.....

edit - just noticed your from Brazil so shipping charges will probably apply.

Last edited:
NimbusVapor,

Mr Mellish

Yeah, but if you buy it from Randy at puffitup ( exceptional service , highly recommended) use discount code staypuffed , you can get it for 85$ shipped with a free Alpha Centauri setup that fits any 510 thread mod box. Killer deal imo.....

edit - just noticed your from Brazil so shipping charges will probably apply.

Code staypuffed fails for me.

Mr Mellish,

NimbusVapor

Also be sure to check which style alpha centauri you want , they make it for 510 mod boxes or 510 ego pens. I always recommend getting it for 510 mod boxes as they offer the ability to have temp control which works well with w9 newest offerings.

NimbusVapor,

Mr Mellish

Also be sure to check which style alpha centauri you want , they make it for 510 mod boxes or 510 ego pens. I always recommend getting it for 510 mod boxes as they offer the ability to have temp control which works well with w9 newest offerings.

Don't know anything about the style. I have a Persei V4. What would it like?

Mr Mellish,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
hello I bought today an external charger an efest luc v2 more info:

https://www.eciggity.com/efest-luc-v2-lcd-smart-charger/

it shows on the digital read out 3.91V now and is still charging... on the gh battery is written 3.7V... is it damaging now my battery and would it be safe for my gh to use this battery with it...
I don't have my Grasshopper yet but I have a GH battery and a Nitecore D2. My battery reads 4.2V when fully charged. I don't have the ability to discharge it but it should read roughly 3.8V when discharged.

btka

I don't have my Grasshopper yet but I have a GH battery and a Nitecore D2. My battery reads 4.2V when fully charged. I don't have the ability to discharge it but it should read roughly 3.8V when discharged.
thank you soory I am a total noob regarding batteries ... when discharged it was roughly 3.74V or so now the display of the charger shows 4.15 V so th7s is normal? because as said before on the gh batteris it says 750mah and 3.7V...
is this normal? and want damage my gh or the batteries? thought it should be 3.7V as stated on the gh battery when fully charged?
and also I have the choice of 0.5 or 1 ampare to charge it... read that 0.5 ampare is better for the batteries is this also true...
thank you!

btka,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
thank you soory I am a total noob regarding batteries ... when discharged it was roughly 3.74V or so now the display of the charger shows 4.15 V so th7s is normal? because as said before on the gh batteris it says 750mah and 3.7V...
is this normal? and want damage my gh or the batteries? thought it should be 3.7V as stated on the gh battery when fully charged?
and also I have the choice of 0.5 or 1 ampare to charge it... read that 0.5 ampare is better for the batteries is this also true...
thank you!
I'm not a battery expert myself. From what I understand the 3.7V on the Grasshopper battery is the average voltage rating, not the voltage of the maximum charge.

I can't say for sure how low a healthy GH battery should read since I don't have an actual Grasshopper yet. I can say for sure that a good GH battery should be close to 4.2V when fully charged, and if it charges over 4.2V it is most likely damaged.

Vapor_Eyes,
Reactions: btka

Vaperist

btka

hello I bought today an external charger an efest luc v2 more info:

https://www.eciggity.com/efest-luc-v2-lcd-smart-charger/

it shows on the digital read out 4.09V now and is still charging... on the gh battery is written 3.7V... is it damaging now my battery and would it be safe for my gh to use this battery with it...

btw gh is not recommending any external charger because of liability reasons... do not know how to interpret that...

(hope it is ok to post this, did not ask gh if I could post this info)

btka,

Kalessin

Got my Grasshopper! Only done two small bowls so far but they got me a pleasant buzz. First impressions are it is awesome. The vape itself so far for me does get warm, but not unpleasantly so. The vapor is a bit hot, but I'm not bothered too much by such, I just diverted it with my tongue. Mine feels incredibly solid, no wiggle to the clicker, threads all spin smooth, no unusual tension in the dial.

jabba

I found this detailed Grasshopper knowledge repository posted on the /r/vaporents subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/4mkus6/guide_grasshopper_compendium/

There's lots of info pulled from this thread, but there were some things in it that I hadn't seen discussed here.

Some of you may be able to help me with shredder information. I've been using a Space Case Mini (scout) shredder. It is tiny...but sufficient size for my needs. The grind is quite fine on this little shredder. Many suggest the more coarse grind of the Santa Cruz Shredder. The Santa Cruz shredder comes in many sizes/pieces. Do they all provide the same grind? Do smaller shredders provide a finer grind...and bigger shredders provide more coarse grind. Help appreciated. imo my space case grind works ok in the GH....but it is mighty fine. I don't suppose that my space case mini scout is quite as fine as the MFLB finishing grinder....but I'm not certain. I am considering trading in for the Santa Cruz if worth the hassle (?)....and if I do....which one do I buy? Thanks in advance.

jabba,

Bdubbdiblets

Some of you may be able to help me with shredder information. I've been using a Space Case Mini (scout) shredder. It is tiny...but sufficient size for my needs. The grind is quite fine on this little shredder. Many suggest the more coarse grind of the Santa Cruz Shredder. The Santa Cruz shredder comes in many sizes/pieces. Do they all provide the same grind? Do smaller shredders provide a finer grind...and bigger shredders provide more coarse grind. Help appreciated. imo my space case grind works ok in the GH....but it is mighty fine. I don't suppose that my space case mini scout is quite as fine as the MFLB finishing grinder....but I'm not certain. I am considering trading in for the Santa Cruz if worth the hassle (?)....and if I do....which one do I buy? Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the scs but I do feel that coarser grind works for me and is easier to prep..i also have a space case and the mflb grinder but honestly just use a generic plastic/acrylic grinder that is a bit bigger and grinds a bunch quickly at medium grind. The mflb gets super fine but is a pain to use Imo and I personally don't think the hopper needs it. I feel like the scs is a more quality version of my generic acylic grinder..point being not sure you need to spend the extra scrill on the scs...not sure if this is what u were asking but it's my grinder :2c::)

Hope ur hopper is treating you well!!

Bdubbdiblets,

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
I usually hand grind everything. That way it doesn't go through the screens. And with Convection you don't need a fine grind.

Crussell27,
Reactions: slcbdco
Top Bottom