Discontinued The Grasshopper

jivebuggered

Just ordered some extra batts from GH last Thursday after I ordered a hopper from vaposhop. The batteries and the hopper both shipped today from each company. Hope that clears up the battery availability question.

did they take about a day from paying to posting at vaposhop? thanks

jivebuggered,

jivebuggered

Just sent my 8th or 9th warranty claim.. at this point I have lost track. Another round of flashing blue/red lights. Will I be the first to reach 10 warranty claims?!? :rofl:

my god im getting a citrus taste already after reading this,i would love to hear from other members if they have had one without faults and if so how long they have had the hopper? ta

Bdubbdiblets

my god im getting a citrus taste already after reading this,i would love to hear from other members if they have had one without faults and if so how long they have had the hopper? ta

I asked this a few posts back and crickets....or rather sick grasshoppers....oh well we're all on board either way!!:worms:

SilentRunner

I am sending daily emails now asking for a refund of my September pre-order. No reply since Thursday where Caroline asked for the Paypal email to refund to. My Paypal email is listed on their website in the invoice???

SilentRunner,
Reactions: mindful1

Bdubbdiblets

I am sending daily emails now asking for a refund of my September pre-order. No reply since Thursday where Caroline asked for the Paypal email to refund to. My Paypal email is listed on their website in the invoice???

:hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bdubbdiblets,
Reactions: KBecks

hippogriff

I asked this a few posts back and crickets....or rather sick grasshoppers....oh well we're all on board either way!!:worms:
Yeah that's impossible to answer, there are several thousand Hoppers out in the wild now and most of those folks haven't said anything either way, while there's enough of us w/ multiple warranties to refute the basic sampling bias argument. The issue I'm having is kinda insidious cause it's a creeper, a slow tapering off of vapor production while I'm wondering if it's me - most of the issues encountered are more straight forward. But it's been a game changing vape for me when working (I'm moved on to the even less-established Milaana as my daily driver, but I want my Hopper for quick pack-and-go situations), and GHL has been very consistent in processing my warranty requests. All part of the development train I bought a ticket to ride, I wish all my niche hobbies had so much design and manufacturing support.

Sativabreather

Just ordered some extra batts from GH last Thursday after I ordered a hopper from vaposhop. The batteries and the hopper both shipped today from each company. Hope that clears up the battery availability question.
Did they send you an confirmation email on the Batteries? I ordered some on sunday and still no email... Hope i get them in the next week too....

christohari

thats weird, she said she was out of town but just got back to me today though - @MoltenTiger i thought id tag u in case u were interested in this info too

Vaperist

Did they send you an confirmation email on the Batteries? I ordered some on sunday and still no email... Hope i get them in the next week too....
you have to e-mail and ask them to send batteries asap. otherwise they will send out those batteries in a date as an automatic estimate is saying.

Vaperist

Hmm, the Website says:" Note: If batteries are ordered as a single item please disregard the “Estimated Ship Date” as they will ship immediately."
That's why I thought its not necessary to write them please send asap...
i stand corrected. now i remember correctly that one member here had to e-mail HopperLabs to separate batteries from his Hopper pre-order. as he needed those batteries to run a Hopper bought from Vapefiends.

Last edited:

EdE80

Hmm, the Website says:" Note: If batteries are ordered as a single item please disregard the “Estimated Ship Date” as they will ship immediately."
That's why I thought its not necessary to write them please send asap...
Yep, that was me. It took 3 other emails to get my preorder batteries shipped separately too, and three s/h bills... They couldn't grasp that I had multiple orders with multiple batteries, and I wanted all the batteries... Kinda sucks too, because out of 5 spares, only 2 hold a charge... Currently awaiting my new body they are sending for my warranty claim, so don't have a use for the spares at the moment anyways.... :doh:

Bdubbdiblets

I know it's weird but lately HL has been responding to me rather quickly (within 24 hrs)...I keep my emails VERY simple perhaps this is key.:shrug:

Caroline has confirmed my separate battery/sleeve order is on its way today..I also think it needs/helps to be a separate order from the GH itself otherwise a request to send separate may cause HL support team to combust..naw mean:spliff:

Bdubbdiblets,

Ricci

Thanks for the vapors hope link,just ordered mine!Read something in reddit reguarding availability!

Last edited:
Ricci,

Jealousy

I was wondering about the charger and using it with the original battery in the package. Isn't the failure rate relatively small ( under 5% or so?) in all of the grasshoppers, if I remember correctly one of those HL updates? At the moment, I can't get a spare battery in reasonable time and I must admit that all these comments about the charger causing failures is somewhat troubling :/ And if I use external charger, I can't use the hopper while the one battery is charging.

PS. What kind of wall- chargers are people using? Does basic phone charger work without risk?

Last edited:
Jealousy,

LavitaGio

I was wondering about the charger and using it with the original battery in the package. Isn't the failure rate relatively small ( under 5% or so?) in all of the grasshoppers, if I remember correctly one of those HL updates? At the moment, I can't get a spare battery in reasonable time and I must admit that all these comments about the charger causing failures is somewhat troubling :/ And if I use external charger, I can't use the hopper while the one battery is charging.

PS. What kind of wall- chargers are people using? Does basic phone charger work without risk?
Have you seen the may update. I believe they upgraded the charger control board... check your emails

LavitaGio,

Baron23

I was wondering about the charger and using it with the original battery in the package. Isn't the failure rate relatively small ( under 5% or so?) in all of the grasshoppers, if I remember correctly one of those HL updates?

I believe its generally true that people will make more noise about failures than success so we would tend to see more complaints on a public forum than congratulations. But with that said, wow, it sure seems like there have been a lot of people reporting sequential RMAs (think one fellow said he was up to #6!!)

I would love to see the numbers behind that 5% figure.

Cheers

Top Bottom