Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Due to some extra steps for us (customs paperwork etc) we're facing a slight delay in shipping GH orders to the US, but all of these will go out tomorrow morning! Confirmation and tracking will be sent by email.
Thanks for the information, you guys rock!

btka

Just checking in case I missed this issue..

Recently I noticed my gh appears to not be heating until I reach temp 3.1. I don't get any heat below that, and the hopper turns off. Like the breath sensor is not picking up the airflow.

The red light turns blue very quickly too like in a second after clicking.

After temp 3.1 everything turns to normal operation.

I also had a very minor bit of combustion, tasted smoke and I stopped, this weekend, but I attributed that to really sticky green and way too tight of a pack.
only speculation but could it be the temp sensor not working right... maybe someone with more experience can answer..

btka,
Reactions: slcbdco

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Another day into really trying to notice any mouthpiece heat difference between a fully and not fully packed bowl.

Yesterday, I was sure that half was cooler than full. I'm still fairly half sure produces more clouds and better flavor than full but not from today's experiment with a full bowl the heat issue is less conclusive, perhaps a slight edge to a full pack feeling cooler on the lips but slight.

A few disclaimers, having recently gotten a firefly 2 it has given me appreciation for using different vapes for different purposes and pursuant to that a new found enjoyment of "sessioning" with my pax2. I'd say I use my grasshopper 80% of the time (90% out and about maybe 70% at home perhaps a little higher) with the FF2 at approx 15% and pax2 at 5%.

Packing a full bowl of a grasshopper is in a sense using it like a pax2. Which one can do. That's what's so versatile about this (GH) device.

I have treated my GH as a cannassuer flavor chasing device which is why I have been historically using a coarse or finger grind and small amounts. There are obvious advantages for example a small amount extracts faster therefore more flavorful hits, way less total hits but more flavor per and if repacking isn't a problem which it usually isn't for me, the labor trade off is worth the flavor benefit (the same can be said of the FF2 generally compared to the GH, more work but worth the effort if you care).

The thing is, sometimes you don't "care" for example doing an experiment with the GH on the basis of a full pack and walking around town, thus being "forced" to take 20 or so temp step rips I found that, after a few pax sessions I've come to enjoy the "session" of a full bowl
over the course of a few hours temp stepping. Instead of the Tres Sies right out the can flavor you get repacking all the time, there are some subtle and interesting flavors you can get over the course of a long "session". Not to mention the convenience factor.

Of course this birdhead rant is because the experiment is still in progress, as far as lip heat sensitivity, I think it's most likely that the variation in individual subjective tolerance, which itself can change overtime (at least it did for me anyway which means it must change for some cohort which itself makes the whole measure subjective) is more important than if or any objective difference as a result of bowl pack.

Bowl pack however can makea substantial difference in user experience however so I'd say experiment, particularly if you're not satisfied with the way the vape is performing for you because different use techniques make it an almost entirely difference experience.

The constant is it is still not a "SESSION" Definied as pass it around and keep it running for 10 minutes straight. That device is a pax, however if you like the pax experience to vape alone but would like a much more flavorful and efficient experience that is change but exactly the same, I'd RECOMMEND a fine(r) still not fine, and full packed bowl.

If however you're more on the FF2 end of the spectrum I'd recommend what I normally do for myself with the GH which is just a tiny pinch at a time. The firefly gets more flavor hits per pack because it can just hold a bunch more material but you do need to stir or get the pack right so you can tap it. Whether on the go or at home, the question for me always is, is the marginally better flavor (I give overal vapor quality edge to GH but that's subjective and I like what some call harsh but I call "full body") of the FF2 worth the mariginally more effort, another GH specific was of asking the same concept is is the effort of repacking worth the cost of convenience? For me the answer is yes if it's a new strain I really want to explore but most of the time no.

Now that after this long rant about who even remembers what all
my birds have flown it's back to the GIM for me, happy hopping, keep your birdhead scrate tweetin!

SilentRunner

Same. The confirmation email said it would be shipped out in one business day, but nothing yet. Hopefully we get an email today.

I received my SS this morning. Ordered Thursday evening, got shipping notice early Saturday morning.
Tracking showed pickup on Friday, left Amsterdam Friday evening, arrived in Singapore 8 hours later???. I was not really worried because you can't fly that distance in 8 hours.

I am so happy that the waiting is over. Well, almost. I am still waiting for the refund of my September pre-order

Kermitt

@SilentRunner
Do you get your parcel with "Go Logistic"? They tried to deliver my GH today. Problem is, they only deliver between 8-12 am. In this time, I always have to work :-(
Now I get my GH tomorrow. The package will be delivered to my workplace.

Kermitt,

C4PO

Some quick math on the May update numbers tells us that they only expected to get 1882 units out. I would expect there to be far more than that outstanding in the orders currently estimated for June. I fully expect my early Jan '16 order to pushed back to August before all is said and done.

Baron23

Want to do a short comparison after owning the Milaana for a few days.

Portability - Hopper hands down. The separate stem and always on battery make transporting the Milaana infinitely more difficult than throwing a pen in your pocket.

Taste - Milaana by a hair. First hit or two is just a hair better in the Milaana, I'm guessing because there's an actual air path.

Clouds - Pretty much tied. Quicker with Milaana but easier to achieve (no thinking) with Grasshopper.

Efficiency - Tied. Hopper is easier to extract fully quickly though. No thinking at all with the Hopper just grip it and rip it.

Battery life - Close but if you get a 3000mah battery with the Milaana it will probably last a bowl or two more. Both have easily swappable batteries though so not a big deal to me either way.

Looks - Hopper by a mile and a half. Milaana is kinda cool looking but the workmanship is severely lacking on my production model. Burn marks, scuffs, vice imprints, uneven sanding, scratches, etc.

Durability - I know the hopper has a lot of failures but I'm basing this just on my personal experience. Gotta give it to the Hopper. I feel like I have to be extremely careful with the Milaana because of the glass parts.

Ease of use - Grasshopper hands down. Don't have to explain how to hit it to friends just tell them to rip it like a bong and they'll get a great hit every time. Have to do a little coaching with the Milaana but everyone has gotten decent results so far with only one case of near combustion.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions comparing the two.

wRDrXqM.jpg

Mod note: These types of posts should be put in the Resource section to keep the thread from derailing into OT discussions about other vaporizers
HI Moe - tried to PM but for some reason I'm not allowed to do so.

Quick question, where did you buy this particular green silicon vape pen stand? I have seen these heavier ones with a swirl to them in the past, but dang if I can find one for sale now. Do you remember the source. Thanks

Baron23,

Baron23

@Baron23:
Here you can finde some thinks. You have to scroll and turn the page. The battery sleeve is cool.

http://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/
Thank you! I'm being lent a GH to see if I like it, if so then will try to source it (hopefully from someplace who actually has it in stock LOL). I wanted to buy the lender a little present and I think this is it.

I am familiar with Delta 3D and they seem like a pretty cool outfit, but I have so many links to vendors I just couldn't find this stand LOL

Thanks again.

Mr. Me2

Thank you! I'm being lent a GH to see if I like it, if so then will try to source it (hopefully from someplace who actually has it in stock LOL). I wanted to buy the lender a little present and I think this is it.

I am familiar with Delta 3D and they seem like a pretty cool outfit, but I have so many links to vendors I just couldn't find this stand LOL

Thanks again.
Delta 3D is @Ratchett. You'll see him post frequently. He's a great guy and a pleasure to do business with. Have fun shopping! And make sure you look at his leather carrying case for the gh. It's a winner!

kingfisher

only speculation but could it be the temp sensor not working right... maybe someone with more experience can answer..

Thanks, what I find odd is the error lights have not displayed yet. I suppose I should just email gh then? Must not be too common....

subway13029

Mine seems to definately not be working..ill get some vapor but nowhere near what others are..I mean I only get wispy hits..I get red light then bout 7 to 10 seconds I get blue but seems to be blinking?? Then unit gets real hot but no big hits of any kind..I'm confused because it turns red then blue..eith one battery it has went red then the blue and red when I started hitting it..

subway13029,

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
Warranty claim #3, 9 days after the last claim.

Appears to be the charger again but this time the charger works for a few minutes, gets a little warm and then error lights red blue flashing.

Batteries charging fine externally and hopper seems to be working fine still.

Not sure I will bother going through another claim this time, probably bin the charger.

vapor.man

I never used the charger and will not use it till I receive my pre-order Ti version. Don't really think that it could harm the hopper but who knows...even more now since they said that the charger has been changed. Just don't want to slip into some warranty claim process due to a problem with the charger.

horst

horsed
Also recieved my Grasshopper TI from @VapoShop today. Just had a first bowl after some dry hits and wanted to share some impressions.

The positive things I've noticed at first:
-The Grasshopper is as beautiful to touch as it is to look at, really sleek!
-Heatup-time is stunning.
-Vape-Signature is strong on this device, it's hot in a positive way if that makes sense.
-Extraction is also impressive, spend herb was really dark on the highest setting.

Some things to criticise as well:
-The black package it came in was full of scratches and ugly to look at. If the black bandarole around it should prevent that, it failed hard.
-The LEDs could be a little bit more centric. I don't care that much but it slightly kills the elegance of the device when is in use.
-As I am typing this the hopper gets charged for the first time, and it is doing so since 1,2h and still charging, shouldn't this be under an hour?
-the device gets really hot after 2 slow 10sec draws at highest setting. Tip and backend both get really hot and I am a little worried about this.

So I am happy and exited for the upcoming weekend full of intense learning sessions. :science:
The first impressions are both, promising and a little worrying.

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
I never used the charger and will not use it till I receive my pre-order Ti version. Don't really think that it could harm the hopper but who knows...even more now since they said that the charger has been changed. Just don't want to slip into some warranty claim process due to a problem with the charger.

The charger has been changed? You mean the design?

Only ask as my replacement 2 weeks ago was exactly the same as the first charger it came with.

Bdubbdiblets

The charger has been changed? You mean the design?

Only ask as my replacement 2 weeks ago was exactly the same as the first charger it came with.

It says they were good to go by May 24 so if you got ur replacement after that you should be good..

@horst-The black package it came in was full of scratches and ugly to look at. If the black bandarole around it should prevent that, it failed hard.

Did you notice the device or anything inside scratched or damaged at all? It's probably because it was shipped from Colorado to Amsterdam and then you! I have one coming back to the states so it's good to know to expect a scratched box...all good tho as long as the hopper is fine!!:)

I think I just double posted what happens now..:/

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

SilentRunner

Last edited by a moderator:
SilentRunner,
Reactions: AJS

christohari

With these recent retail purchases assuming there will be some pre-order cancellations....wondering if anyone has gotten a response from HL for a refund request? Still waiting..

i dont know but ive messaged their support regarding another matter, and they havent got back to me in about 5 days, although they've partially answered my question with their latest post, i still was unclear about external chargers, luckily these forums take up a lot of slack. :bowdown:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
With these recent retail purchases assuming there will be some pre-order cancellations....wondering if anyone has gotten a response from HL for a refund request? Still waiting..
I don't know. Seems to me like some of those folks plan to keep both.

Edit: Hey!! It's my 100th post!! :) I guess it's true what they say: Time flies when you're waiting for the hopper.

Top Bottom