Discontinued The Grasshopper

vapor.man

I watched this now some batteries. When mine starts with this fast, light blue flickering it actually stops if i try wiggle around the back end. There is no noticeable clearence at the back end but it has some effect on the flickering.
Now i believe that some people don't see this early flickering on their hoppers. Maybe that really has to do with a bad contact of the battery and varies due to the tolerances of the body length. But i don't bother. As long as it works as it should (and doesn't have hot back end or massive battery consumption) I won't contact HL. I even like that my device shows me that it is running out of juice a little bit earlier.
I'm looking forward to get my Ti-preorder for a comparison...

pushpaw

The lights are not supposed to blink only right before it dies, it begins blinking way before that. The speed increases as the battery drops.

From the manual "As it discharges, the lights will begin to flash blue with increasing intensity."
This is a normal function and it begins right away, it isn't supposed to wait until the battery is about to die. This can be confirmed with HL, which I have already done.
I knew that I had read this somewhere, but amusingly it never occurred to me that it was in the freaking manual. :doh:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
The lights are not supposed to blink only right before it dies, it begins blinking way before that. The speed increases as the battery drops.

From the manual "As it discharges, the lights will begin to flash blue with increasing intensity."
This is a normal function and it begins right away, it isn't supposed to wait until the battery is about to die. This can be confirmed with HL, which I have already done.
I'm glad someone confirmed this information as there are some people on reddit claiming otherwise. If it's not broke don't fix it, is how I feel right about now lol. @slcbdco That's a good description of how different those Vaporizers you described are. I do miss my Pax2 for that reason, that it feels like you can just sip on it like you would a cigarette or a joint. I would actually describe the GH as a new age pipe, since you don't need a lighter but of course it's a true vaporizer.

Last edited:
Vapetrees,
Reactions: Al..

Vaperist

I knew that I had read this somewhere, but amusingly it never occurred to me that it was in the freaking manual. :doh:
sometimes glasses can hide on your nose ;)
Just wondering if there are any GH owners that can post their order, ship and receive dates..has anyone received theirs in a half way decent timeframe..it's not that I don't believe that it takes 17 mos it just seems like there is a lot of discrepancy out there as people seem to actually have the GH in hand...did these people literally waiting a year for their GH? Yeesh..Over a year is a lil much for my blood even for the best product around...who knows what a bigger company comes out with by then.

it is very important what happens in next two weeks. a rumor has it that HopperLabs are producing Hoppers in full power. but they have been let down by company who delivers a chargers (or charger parts) for them. if suddenly there is a massive increase in order confirmations (you can fallow happenings here http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-grasshopper-shipping-poll.18100/), then we are OK. i believe they actually can meet their current estimates.

so yeah. if i were you, i would pre-order when HL start to post their product again.

Last edited:
Vaperist,
Reactions: Dezroy

Moe_

Asked Caroline if it's normal, she said it was. I replied with "Then why doesn't mine?" and she said

"Hi There,

There is a slight variation with each LED light. Some will flicker more than others. This is not a problem. If you light stays solid, that is normal, and if your light flickers slightly, this is also normal.

Best,

Caroline"

Sounds to me like they just don't want an influx of warranty returns so they're calling it normal.

Before my body was shortened it flickered. After the only time it flickers is when the battery is on its last hit or close to it.

Seeing as how the flashing blue light is only supposed to indicate a low battery I stick by my stance of it not being normal. Otherwise there is no low battery indicator and they need to revise their manual.

Mh0jZkuh.jpg

Last edited:
Moe_,
Reactions: nikcorda

Vaperist

Asked Caroline if it's normal, she said it was. I replied with "Then why doesn't mine?" and she said

"Hi There,

There is a slight variation with each LED light. Some will flicker more than others. This is not a problem. If you light stays solid, that is normal, and if your light flickers slightly, this is also normal.

Best,

Caroline"

Sounds to me like they just don't want an influx of warranty returns so they're calling it normal.

Before my body was shortened it flickered. After the only time it flickers is when the battery is on its last hit or close to it.

Seeing as how the flashing blue light is only supposed to indicate a low battery I stick by my stance of it not being normal. Otherwise there is no low battery indicator and they need to revise their manual.

Mh0jZkuh.jpg
why you care so much about fcuking lights? just be happy that you have a Hopper in your hands and you can make a massive vapor clouds. :peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
why you care so much about fcuking lights? just be happy that you have a Hopper in your hands and you can make a massive vapor clouds. :peace:
Because; to having confirmed specifically about blinking lights and battery life (assuming previous posts are accurate, as I have not confirmed), and then say it's "normal" and okay that there are faults is pretty contradicting. Just my opinion though :)

AJS,

MoltenTiger

@Moe did you have any other problematic symptoms with your hopper with the longer body other than lights flickering?
My hopper still shows battery level by the intensity of the flickering, the flickering becomes more noticeable as the device is used, but from very early on in the battery cycle it is evident.

It's really nothing to be alarmed by, and really a better point of reference for this fault would be how many rotations of extra resistance were present when securing the back end between your warrantied devices?
My device has about a half turn where it pushes on the spring loaded battery contact, and it seems to have ample conductivity, but still - the lights flicker for most of its use.

Krazzykid

"Hi There,

Best,

Caroline"

Mh0jZkuh.jpg
Look closer at the picture you just posted, specifically at number 4 Charge. It tells you right there that the lights are supposed to flicker blue while discharging (drawing on it) and increase with intensity before finally turning to red when depleted.

What you are claiming is a defect is actually a feature.

Just because yours isn't working as intended doesn't mean that all the other hoppers are defective just because they do work as intended.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The grasshopper is definitely worth the wait, I have a pax2 also, very different vaping experience, I'm glad I had both but if I had to choose only one it would be a GH 2.

I just ordered a FF2, it's going to be infested at my place.

One thing that I've come to appreciate since the GH is the device analogy. When I was primarily a smoker I preferred joints and spliffs so it's no surprise I like the grasshopper, where the pax2 is more like a cigar and Firefly more like a bowl. And although I don't often smoke "cigars or bowls", I do like them and glad i have them around even though I normally use the grasshopper m

slcbdco! Mine have fiiiiinaaally shipped! Should be here Monday the latest then I can start to get in on some of my own Treat Yo Self 2016... I also really want you to try a Milaana my man, if you are ever in Cali let me know :tup:

Vaperist

slcbdco! Mine have fiiiiinaaally shipped! Should be here Monday the latest then I can start to get in on some of my own Treat Yo Self 2016... I also really want you to try a Milaana my man, if you are ever in Cali let me know :tup:

you can combust a herb using Milaana, right? as far as i know that device is heavy hitter but is completely manual. like MFLB.

if vape doesn't have a temperature limitation than vape like that is not their cup of tee for many. i guess. producers shouldn't make devices for a stoners if they can go wrong while using. just my opinion.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
you can combust a herb using Milaana, right? as far as i know that device is heavy hitter but is completely manual. like MFLB.

if vape doesn't have a temperature limitation than vape like that is not their cup of tee for many. i guess. producers shouldn't make devices for a stoners if they can go wrong when using. just my opinion.

Yeah, but it depends on the stoners, nearly every manual vape I have used that was capable of combustion was much much better than any automatic vape in my experience, so more rewarding overall imo, and not necessarily tricky to use at all (plenty can go wrong with a Hopper too! :p) The technique can be quite intuitive, RBT and Triihouse are two of the overall best in my experience (also pretty easy to avoid any scorching unlike some other manuals). We'll see what i think of GH soon, though I do think I know what I can expect

MoltenTiger

if vape doesn't have a temperature limitation than vape like that is not their cup of tee for many. i guess. producers shouldn't make devices for a stoners if they can go wrong while using. just my opinion.
FWIW I have combusted in my GH as many times as with my MFLB.
Mind you, I have used my GH many more times in the 9 weeks I've had it than I have ever used the MFLB over the 5 years I've had it!
(I have only ever combusted with my EQ once, and that is when I found out my TV remote turned its temp up :lol:)

Still though, I don't think that a few cherries (red hot balls of herb) are worth a strike against any vaporizers name (unless it happens often). When you ride the curve of combustion, as a device I want can, there will be the occasional mishap. If anything it's a nice reminder of the alternative, normality (vaped goodness).

Though you're totally right, automated temp limits are sublime.

I have the feeling I had something else (at all?) to say or reply to,
but alas, I filled the hopper up with straight chunks of diamond encrusted big head super freeze and I am froz

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Been ready since before you got yours (nearly a year ago now?!) and still everytime just can't help myself from sharing this ;):
anigif_enhanced-14041-1413259986-1.gif

Soon I will join you with my own day! (source)

Excited for you, I can't believe it has been nearly a year of Treatin myself with this Tres Seis Grasshopper taking my bird to the GIM! This has really been the first vape to change my use in a good way, what a long strange trip it's been ;-)

And for anyone interested I haven't had a warranty issue since November or put another way, the same unit working perfectly with heavy everyday use for 6 months and counting.

FWIW I have combusted in my GH as many times as with my MFLB.
Mind you, I have used my GH many more times in the 9 weeks I've had it than I have ever used the MFLB over the 5 years I've had it!
(I have only ever combusted with my EQ once, and that is when I found out my TV remote turned its temp up :lol:)

Still though, I don't think that a few cherries (red hot balls of herb) are worth a strike against any vaporizers name (unless it happens often). When you ride the curve of combustion, as a device I want can, there will be the occasional mishap. If anything it's a nice reminder of the alternative, normality (vaped goodness).

Though you're totally right, automated temp limits are sublime.

I have the feeling I had something else (at all?) to say or reply to,
but alas, I filled the hopper up with straight chunks of diamond encrusted big head super freeze and I am froz

If it combusts at all ever it's broken and needs a warranty, even if it's working normally again it almost certainly has a broken heat sensor. I think it is a testament to how much people love their grasshopper that they don't want to send it in for problems if it still works, and I totally get that, I haven't sent my Mivape in for warranty for months since it still works (of course I also haven't used it in months, the grasshopper is super jealous). but I would recommend sending it in if its combusting.

MoltenTiger

If it combusts at all ever it's broken and needs a warranty, even if it's working normally again it almost certainly has a broken heat sensor. I think it is a testament to how much people love their grasshopper that they don't want to send it in for problems if it still works, and I totally get that, I haven't sent my Mivape in for warranty for months since it still works (of course I also haven't used it in months, the grasshopper is super jealous). but I would recommend sending it in if its combusting.
"It almost certainly has a broken heat sensor"
As if like clockwork, I turned my hopper on and sure it enough it is now showing red/blue lights indicating sensor damage.
Even if I connect the charger, it instantly starts flashing.
How rude.

I gave it a hard life, it served me well. :rip:

Warranty request submitted,
but I just got it working again, so back to the chopper

Vaperist

As if like clockwork, I turned my hopper on and sure it enough it is now showing red/blue lights indicating sensor damage.
How rude.

what did you do to fix disco light of doom?

Vaperist,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
How rude.

My bad I'll send you good Karma from now on! One of my grasshoppers also resurrected from the "straight to blue light" problem so grasshopper easter is definitely a thing!

Made a little D020-D shot with the Grasshopper:

BIRDHEAD! Look at your hair! (can't remember if we listened to the birdhead song when we hung out so my bad if you don't get the reference, myself now being a birdhead and all)

Top Bottom