Discontinued The Grasshopper

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey all! :)

Just a very quick check-in to say that my less than 2-week old blue Ti baby Hopper still has me pretty damn impressed.

. . . . Ahhh who am I kiddin'? I've gotta say that I really do absolutely love the little nipper!

The form factor coupled with the speed & power of the function of this device really do make it a force to be reckoned with in my eyes and from my position in this crazy cosmos (where stealth is particularly beneficial).

Now, I do have other good vapes available, so I don't find that I'm using the Hopper a massive amount when I'm at the homestead - and I will admit that some of this is also probably due to the fact that I am very aware of the issues that some poor Hopheads have experienced with regards to reliability. And as I am not U.S based I really do not wish to deal with a returns process, or more importantly, have the Hopper fail on me at a time when it's main selling points are going to be at their most useful.

So, I am slightly restricting it's use to those times when it's particular qualities are really required . . . . Or maybe if I'm just feeling reeeeeally lazy & wanna treat myself with a no-brainer massive hit at home under the duvet . . . . :ko:

Yeah, I do love this vape. And that feeling was pretty instant :luv:

O.k, as most of you probably know - I don't really like to make a post without a picture or two . . . :rolleyes:
So please accept my apologies and feel free to look away if you're not interested . . .
A6KnuJf.jpg

G5FQIzV.jpg

E5rLPAl.jpg

If you are reading this, thanks to Trevor, Caroline & everyone at Hopper Labs.

From where I stand, you are certainly doing great things.

:tup:

PeaceLove&Respect
:peace:

Tony Timeless

I am so glad to have my Grasshopper back :)

@VapeFiend.com has hands down the best customer service I have ever experienced.

Now lets milk some glass :)

Oh wow, my unit had been working for exactly 3 bowls.

4th bowl was just like the one which made me return my GH.

2 long draws on heat level 5 through my bubbler. Wispy to no vapor.
The day before it milked every piece in seconds.

It starts to annoy me, to be honest.

FizzNuggets

Oh wow, my unit had been working for exactly 3 bowls.

4th bowl was just like the one which made me return my GH.

2 long draws on heat level 5 through my bubbler. Wispy to no vapor.
The day before it milked every piece in seconds.

It starts to annoy me, to be honest.
It's things like this that make me disagree with paying our own return shipping...

Vaperist

You forgot to tell the part where this has something to do with Grasshoppers.
sorry. i was thinking to write that a GrassHopper is having a serious competition waiting inside my drawer. it is very hard to blaze harder than that "defected" Chinese Solo.

Vaperist,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I know it's been stated that SS is heavier than Ti but, I didn't think it would've been that noticeable. It is actually very noticeable. Another thing that came to mind is that the the backend and frontend feel rough when screwing them on. I hope that will change with more use as the SS feels really smooth. Also, the SS is just as aesthetically pleasing as the Ti. GHL did an amazing job at creating such an amazing device. With that said, I'm off to vape.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
My Ti front and back end have been smooth as silk since I got it...not sure why yours' is rough...:shrug:
Maybe I need to clean it first? I'll do that after I finish typing. I noticed the back end turns smooth when selecting the temperatures, more so than the SS. I wonder why?

Edit: Just cleaned the back and front end and only the front end became smoother. The back end screws on and it feels gritty and makes a slight metallic sound when screwing on. Now, there's nothing wrong with it at all and it seems to be working fine. Those are just the slight things I noticed as compared to my SS.

Last edited:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I didn't need to clean mine on arrival, but I'm sure there is residue missed for some units before shipping.

And, small differences in tolerance probably account for the smoothness of the dial...just my guesses.

Shrike,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I didn't need to clean mine on arrival, but I'm sure there is residue missed for some units before shipping.

And, small differences in tolerance probably account for the smoothness of the dial...just my guesses.
I just dislike that metallic rubbing and I hope it goes away with time.

Vapetrees,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
@osolx26 Interesting, the dial to set the temperature is really smooth. It is smoother than the SS one I have. The entire backend is the one that's not smooth when threading on.

@Vaperist I don't have any mineral oil, but I'm afraid to put any oil on it. :tinfoil:

Edit: I've been screwing and unscrewing it for a while and it seems to be getting better. It's rough only on the last two threads to fully tighten.

Last edited:

Vaperist

@Vapetrees

you can rip off a corner from a paper towel. put one blob of oil on it and rub a Hopper's thread with that. this way you can never over do it.

i noticed that they have a new picture of Ti Hopper at their shop.
ti.d47a8962b76d-148x148.jpg

in this one it is better to see that Ti body color is quite different from that SS clip.

Last edited:

Gandalf

@Vapetrees

I have the exact same issue with my Ti unit, the backend feels very coarse when I screw it on and off, especially the last couple threads. Hasn't gone away even though the Hopper has been getting a lot of use.

I was actually getting intermittent flashing red lights when clicking on the Hopper which mostly resolved when I tightened the backend with greater force than I had been using. My previous SS never had this issue so I'm wondering if it's just a problem with the Ti models. In any case, it works fine overall so I'm not complaining.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
@Vapetrees

I have the exact same issue with my Ti unit, the backend feels very coarse when I screw it on and off, especially the last couple threads. Hasn't gone away even though the Hopper has been getting a lot of use.

I was actually getting intermittent flashing red lights when clicking on the Hopper which mostly resolved when I tightened the backend with greater force than I had been using. My previous SS never had this issue so I'm wondering if it's just a problem with the Ti models. In any case, it works fine overall so I'm not complaining.
Yeah it could be that it's only on the Ti ones. I'm not complaining either since it is working really great. I feel like this Ti unit produces vapor faster than the SS one. I'm able to take a draw faster and overall extract faster than on my SS.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Okay, I slept on this and decided I can bring it up among friends.

An old trick in the carpentry trade, and I do mean old, for an easy, available lubricant on a stubborn screw or such; You have the lube on your nose and the applicator on your fingertip. Apply sparingly to threads. ;)

Thcgos

Vape Addict

An old trick in the carpentry trade, and I do mean old, for an easy, available lubricant on a stubborn screw or such; You have the lube on your nose and the applicator on your fingertip. Apply sparingly to threads. ;)

Finally a use for nasal sebum :lol:

Imagine you ran out, so you had to use other people's.. "Hey mind if I use your nose grease to lubricate my grasshopper?"

Does it cause rust with heavy use?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Finally a use for nasal sebum :lol:

Imagine you ran out, so you had to use other people's.. "Hey mind if I use your nose grease to lubricate my grasshopper?"

Does it cause rust with heavy use?
Thanks for the new word for my vocabulary. You didn't just make that up, right? I mean , if I ask to borrow some nasal sebum, will I get a blank stare? Gonna trust you on this one...

I've been doing this, granted only occasionally, but over many years and my nose remains completely rust-free! I don't think the ss or titanium would be bothered much either...

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Thanks for the new word for my vocabulary. You didn't just make that up, right? I mean , if I ask to borrow some nasal sebum, will I get a blank stare? Gonna trust you on this one...

I've been doing this, granted only occasionally, but over many years and my nose remains completely rust-free! I don't think the ss or titanium would be bothered much either...

Definitely a word, Google it hehehe.

Oh that's good. A rusty nose would be unsightly :rofl:

Thought as much RE: stainless steel and titanium, but even stainless steel still pits and rusts, so I had to ask.
Thanks!

delloy

Very similiar to the advice @Dan Morrison gave for oiling up keeping the Okin wood looking nice. That was to rub it on your face to impart oils onto the surface ;)

EdE80

I got mine from VapeFiend yesterday, pretty nice piece! I'm not sure if it's quite the game changer that a lot do, but I definitely like it. It milked up my little f bomb much better than my Ascent or Solo. I love the almost no wait time to heat up, and I really didn't think that was going to be a huge selling point in my opinion. Cool, yes, but I didn't mind the short wait my Ascent requires. Until now. The mouthpiece does indeed get warm, hot actually. If you hold it at an angle so the vapor path hits your tongue, lip, or cheeck on exit, you definitely feel it. The silicone mouthpiece covers it nicely, and if you aren't constantly hitting it, it might not be necessary. I wouldn't know, I've been constantly hitting it. It takes a bit to cool down after usage, but that doesn't surprise me. I've got the Ti, which is supposed to cool faster, but I'm betting it also warms faster too, like real quick. All in all, definitely worth the wait/struggle/anger/delirium. Can't wait to try it with my bub I just ordered!

MOD NOTE: I copy and pasted this post from the Shipping Poll thread. Please delete if you feel the need

Top Bottom