Discontinued The Grasshopper

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
When I first read your post seemed that you were somewhere without a charger :p
Well in that case, zymos is right, it doesn't sound like one! :(

voodoo_vape,

osolx26

I'm a nobody and I've always had shipping in a week or less. I've always been very nice and overly talkative to them as well, though.

Lucky you. I'm fortunate to have only needed to get 1 warranty replacement but that took about a month. It took a week to get an initial response, 2 weeks after that with no communication, then after I asked what was going on they said it would go out that day and it went out 4 or 5 days later, coincidentally the exact same day I sent ANOTHER e-mail asking what the hold up was since I should have had it by then. On top of that, it seems like my warranty replacement is a bit defective and the heater isn't as powerful as it should be. However, the more I use it, the less I mind the lack of power. It suddenly started heating up at it's normal speed again and, while I can't get clouds below 4, I can get pretty nice ones at 4-5 and it doesn't completely wreck my throat, so I guess there's a bit of a trade off here. Still, I'm very reluctant to try getting this thing fixed since last time it took so long and I honestly don't have the time or energy to go through their process again.

osolx26,

Kasish

Lucky you. I'm fortunate to have only needed to get 1 warranty replacement but that took about a month. It took a week to get an initial response, 2 weeks after that with no communication, then after I asked what was going on they said it would go out that day and it went out 4 or 5 days later, coincidentally the exact same day I sent ANOTHER e-mail asking what the hold up was since I should have had it by then. On top of that, it seems like my warranty replacement is a bit defective and the heater isn't as powerful as it should be. However, the more I use it, the less I mind the lack of power. It suddenly started heating up at it's normal speed again and, while I can't get clouds below 4, I can get pretty nice ones at 4-5 and it doesn't completely wreck my throat, so I guess there's a bit of a trade off here. Still, I'm very reluctant to try getting this thing fixed since last time it took so long and I honestly don't have the time or energy to go through their process again.
This might be something about new units mine doesnt heat up as fast as the videos ive watched , id say around 7 sec on temp 4 from cold.

Mr. Me2

This might be something about new units mine doesnt heat up as fast as the videos ive watched , id say around 7 sec on temp 4 from cold.
In a room temperature environment, or out in the winter cold?

Mr. Me2,

tylerj55

WOW! Only had the chance to use my device once since receiving it this morning but I can already tell it is amazing! I decided to take a quick rip before work and I loaded it up from my grinder and was vaping all within 30 seconds. Much, much higher than I expected to be off of my 5 pulls lol.

Kasish

WOW! Only had the chance to use my device once since receiving it this morning but I can already tell it is amazing! I decided to take a quick rip before work and I loaded it up from my grinder and was vaping all within 30 seconds. Much, much higher than I expected to be off of my 5 pulls lol.
What's ur serial number ish if its ok to ask?

Kasish,

Vaperist

i'm glad you like your Hopper!

on question: is it heating up in 5 seconds?

Vaperist,
Reactions: Kasish

tylerj55

What's ur serial number ish if its ok to ask?

Let me look into what the serial is used for and I'll get back to ya! I just wanna make sure it can't screw me over somehow! Lol

i'm glad you like your Hopper!

on question: is it heating up in 5 seconds?

Nope!

Faster!!! I am not kidding when I say it heats up to Temp 3 in about 2-3 seconds!!!!

*edit* Scratch that my timing was a little off, but it turned blue right at 4 seconds actually.

Vaperist

Let me look into what the serial is used for and I'll get back to ya! I just wanna make sure it can't screw me over somehow! Lol

serial number is the one at the backed of the Hopper. which shows how much Hoppers have been produced. that would be interesting to know.

you need that other number in da box too for a warranty registration. so no f-ups possible. don't expose last two numbers if you prefer 200% security.

tylerj55

serial number is the one at the backed of the Hopper. which shows how much Hoppers have been produced. that would be interesting to know.

you need that other number in da box too for a warranty registration. so no f-ups possible. don't expose last two numbers if you prefer 200% security.

Ok my SN is: GT001587

What does this help with exactly?

tylerj55,

Kasish

Ok my SN is: GT001587

What does this help with exactly?
I wanted to know cuz mine is pretty new and heat up time to 4 from 0 is about 7 seconds i guess its faulty, but not enough for me to use the warranty just yet. Mine is gt 12xx so urs is newer.

Kasish,

Vaperist

I wanted to know cuz mine is pretty new and heat up time to 4 from 0 is about 7 seconds i guess its faulty, but not enough for me to use the warranty just yet. Mine is gt 12xx so urs is newer.

if your device don't get up to temperature in 5 sec, then it is faulty. because that start up time is written down at product description when you buy it.

question is, do you want to go trough that warranty procedure already? i would enjoy that Hopper for few months and then turning it in for fixing. maybe the problem will go away after a while.

sesh732

Imaginable
@BuzzDanklin I have 2 batteries that will give me those good 16-20 and 4 that seem to be about 6-10 hits if I'm lucky. Around the 3rd hit I notice a drop in power, it might be one and half bowls, 2 bowls on the better batteries

The paperclip battery recovery method I posted a page or so back could also help with this issue.

Is there any risk to the good battery when doing this

I don't think so. I've done this many times with nimh, and I have a favored "strong" battery I go to every time I need help with a weak or dead one. It's still going strong.

With lithium batts like the GH uses I've only done this a handful of times and it hasn't seemed to change the performance of the strong battery. Since theres higher voltage in lithium batteries, I always supervise this process. I also never leave lithium batteries charging when I'm not home. Never started a fire in many years of charging, but compared to 1.2 volts in nimh, 4+ volts in a fully charged lithium battery is a dangerous toy. Shouldn't be a problem if you follow instructions, but this discussion is outside of manufacturer recommendations for sure.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

Another grasshopper inspired misadventure! "GIM"

Speaking of, off to the GIM!

TheLorax

@BuzzDanklin

In your video you mention the GH can vape .02 successfully. I do micro doses like that to help with anxiety when I can't be high of my ass.

Is there visible vapor with loads that small? I'd like to see that on video if there is visible vapor (and your time permits).

Thank you for the quality review!

I speak for the trees...

Top Bottom