Discontinued The Grasshopper

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Can confirm that the Hopper works beautifully with the Lotus J-Hook :nod:

qiRaqW8.png
Try putting a little water in the J-Hook so that it settles & bubbles in the hooked lower bend... COOOOOL!

Eleaf420

Last edited by a moderator:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
No problem, you just have to find the direct link to the image and sometimes it's tricky. I like to use Imgur, it gives you the link and you don't need to search it :)
I agree with b0. In this particular case, @Eleaf420 was using a url for Microsoft OneDrive's website that had the image imbedded on the page. What we want is the direct link url. Usually you can get the direct link url by right-clicking on the image, and copying the image location. Then paste the copied url into the image tags on FC and you're golden. The OneDrive website has this disabled unfortunately, so you need to click on "View Original" in order to display the image url. Once you have the source image URL it's just a copypasta into FC in order to display the image correctly.

this forum can be a pain in da arsse when it comes to picture adding :( it should be as simple as copy/paste URL after hitting that 'Image' button.

It's not that difficult, really. Some image hosting sites do make it more difficult than others however. For this reason I too recommend imgur.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

:peace:

Vaperist

Eleaf420

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/magic-flight-glass-mouthpiece.html

and thank you for this great idea @Eleaf420 ! only one question, is that silicone mouthpiece holding tight enough to gold that stem? and what would happen cutting bigger hole in that tip for using Arizer stems? do you think it would hold a bit heavier glass?
It holds it super tight. I actually wet my stem a little to twist it in to the rubber mouthpiece. It seals perfectly and sits very sturdy. As far as cutting the mouthpiece piece to fit a larger stem I wouldn't recommend it. It will be to big and heavy and not stay in as secure.

SilentRunner

Paypal purchase protection is good only for 180 days. I pre-ordered in September. How should I proceed? File a dispute? I want my hopper, but not lose Paypal purchase protection

SilentRunner,
Reactions: Thcgos

zurichris

Placed an order for a Ti GH last week from Hopper Labs. Was tempted by Vapefiend (excellent experience with them back in January for a Crafty + some extras), but seeing as I'd have to pay import tax (I'm in Europe, but not in the EU), just a tad too expensive.

Fingers crossed that the GH really will ship in April!

@BuzzDanklin
Loved the video review of the GH, thanks for that :)

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Thcgos,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I'm completely with you on that.

Even if it is a genuine example of a battery combusting that doesn't mean there is an inherent fault with the product. It's just a one off example at the moment.

I'm going to be cautious with the hoppers battery like I am with all my batteries from all my products.

Edit: for clarification cautious means not leaving any batteries on charge when I'm out or sleeping.

GreenHopper,

Vaperist

I'd probably want to see a picture of the burnt unit before I completely believed their post.
Maybe it's the optimist in me.

I guess another reason to use external chargers.
exactly! there are many Hopper haters out there and devastated competition who would use any means to hurt Hopper's reputation. don't believe with picture ether. you can put a thing in da fireplace and make it look burned.

Vaperist,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
exactly! there are many Hopper haters out there and devastated competition who would use any means to hurt Hopper's reputation. don't believe with picture ether. you can put a thing in da fireplace and make it look burned.

I don't think it's a disingenuous report but neither am I jumping (hopping?) to hysterical conclusions about an inherent fault.

It's so far an isolated case with no detailed information relating to cause.

I'd want to know the conditions of the battery before its venting:

Was it damaged before use?

Did it get wet?

Was it dropped?

Was it charged using a non UL certified charger?

Is there a fault with this particular hoppers backend charging circuit?

Is it a fault with that particular battery?

There are way too many reasons that this is a one off so I'm not too concerned at this stage.

Infact I just ordered another hopper for a friends Birthday. I'm confident enough in this product to give it as a gift.

Top Bottom