Discontinued The Grasshopper

Bass Vaper

I'm probably putting too much in. But fuck man, I fill it half way in most cases. It does have minimal issues with a small amount, but being a heavy user with a high tolerance, it gets old packing enough for (as you say) a hit or two....8 times :ugh:

I know that sounds major little girl-ish, but I swear it ain't like that. Just some user experience sharing. :rockon:

InspireAndAdmire

Dang. I want to order one, but don't want to wait 9-18 months for it lol. They REALLY need to get it together. Ship out as much as possible after fixing all issues, and I'm sure they'll be top 3.

I'll look more into this thread.. I don't mind spending $200 for this product. It seems pretty great. And STEALTH would be KING for this device. Ugh.

To think of it, I'm thinking about holding out until they get their shit together. I'm a little worried about the issues that'll come after they start shipping, but this looks so sweet.

Last edited:

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
I'm probably putting too much in. But fuck man, I fill it half way in most cases. It does have minimal issues with a small amount, but being a heavy user with a high tolerance, it gets old packing enough for (as you say) a hit or two....8 times :ugh:

I know that sounds major little girl-ish, but I swear it ain't like that. Just some user experience sharing. :rockon:

I'm the same way. Try 75% and you'll only need to refill 3 or 4 times at most. I've been going back and forth weekly between 2 hits of a fresh chamber on 5, and temp stepping (about 4-5 hits).

If you can use a poking tool to empty your chamber you should also be able to brush away anything on the mouthpieces screen. I definitely get herb in there, but almost only around the sides, rarely in the center.

nkotb

Finally! So far, it's awesome.

I expected it to be hotter. Don't get me wrong, it can hurt, but it's so easy to get around, that it's not a problem so far.
And through a dry bubbler, it doesn't feel hot at all to me. It feels high-quality, and like something I wouldn't want to drop.
Not that I would want to drop any vape, but I'd feel much safer dropping my Zion than this.

I'm not confident that it will continue to function without issue, but right now? It's sublime.

elS0Gp0m.jpg

I expected it to be hotter. Don't get me wrong, it can hurt, but it's so easy to get around, that it's not a problem so far.
And through a dry bubbler, it doesn't feel hot at all to me. It feels high-quality, and like something I wouldn't want to drop.
Not that I would want to drop any vape, but I'd feel much safer dropping my Zion than this.

I'm not confident that it will continue to function without issue, but right now? It's sublime.

elS0Gp0m.jpg
Let's hear some comparizons between vapor quality/signature on the Zion and GH when you've had more time to mess with them. So exciting!

zymos

I actually had a dream last night that a so-called friend borrowed my GH, didn't screw the mouthpiece on all the way, and let it roll off the table (it was a dream, that can't happen because of the clip), then rolled across the floor. Ran after it, and first was impressed that there were no scratches, but then upset that the mouthpiece was bent and could no longer be screwed on all the way. GHL said they wouldn't fix it under warranty because it was dropped. I asked them if I could pay repair costs, and they said they couldn't even consider that until all other orders had been shipped.

osolx26

I actually had a dream last night that a so-called friend borrowed my GH, didn't screw the mouthpiece on all the way, and let it roll off the table (it was a dream, that can't happen because of the clip), then rolled across the floor. Ran after it, and first was impressed that there were no scratches, but then upset that the mouthpiece was bent and could no longer be screwed on all the way. GHL said they wouldn't fix it under warranty because it was dropped. I asked them if I could pay repair costs, and they said they couldn't even consider that until all other orders had been shipped.
I just want to emphasize one more time that THIS WAS A DREAM. No part of the above comment actually happened in real life.

osolx26,

Bass Vaper

fkyn8Nz.jpg

Was drying the mouthpiece off the other day after soaking it. Dropped it in my bathroom. Boo.

Bass Vaper,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I'm sorry to say that I've dropped my Grasshoppper plenty. My moutpeice has a small dent after one of those falls but so far, the grasshopper is pretty durable, to be honest, I've found most vapes I owe to be surprisingly durable against my butter fingers!

Speaking of reliability, just a little more ...

Hi peterchen
In my case I don't need the app. It is possible to vape without the app if you like 180 or 195°C. These are the temperatures which you can use without the app.

The batterie in the crafty is not the best but my second Crafty lasted over 220 hours with original battery. My third vapes for 177 hours and still does!

I had to deal 4 times (3times Crafty,one Mighty) with S&B customers service and I can say it is perfect. Never had to pay for battery or something else!

Grasshopper battery, replaceable and $7. I know some GH folks have had 4 warranty issues, maybe more, just like the Crafty!

Support is really vg, despite the occasional reoprts from unsatisfied customers here.
I think Crafty becomes less reliable if it's pushed hard and often, like frequent high temp back to back bowls and charges. Mighty seems to be handling that kind of duty better, for me.
It works great, to be sure.
Enjoy!
Edit:
@Thcgos the batteries for Crafty are $70 US, and for Mighty it's $90.

Like the crafty, grasshopper will certainly have QC control problems into the future, just like firefly, pax, you name it because this is a NEW PRODUCT SPACE, I mean think of how old the OLDEST hand held portable vape you actually would want to use now, just a couple of years at most.

Also like these, and many other consumer products, eventually the silence of the happy customers is louder than the unsatisfied minority. Another bit of used car salesman advice I got was no customer is more angry with you than the one that didn't buy from you. The frustration of backers is different of course because they did buy so I get that, but I think all customers, current and future should have a realistic expectation, whether this vape or any other if you want a chance being a happy customer.

A few pages ago I was saying, how the Elo is a portable convection vape that ships right now and is cheaper than the grasshopper except who cares because it's not a very good experience, apparently even the manaufature agress since I got an unsolicited refund the other day. The refund prompted me to try it again, I think zero is closer to the right price when then grasshopper coat $150.00

With my experience with an actual half-baked vape, I'm really glad hopper labs waited to pre-launch and is still growing into their full launch because as you are seeing on here more and more, when it does finally arrive the grasshopper is worth every penny of purchase price and every second of wait time.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I would call that a nightmare!

vapviking,
Reactions: Thcgos

sammac

elS0Gp0m.jpg
nkotb, just curious, it looks like you were a pre-order is that correct? If so, I am glad to hear they are finished with the backer orders.

sammac,

osolx26

Like the crafty, grasshopper will certainly have QC control problems into the future, just like firefly, pax, you name it because this is a NEW PRODUCT SPACE, I mean think of how old the OLDEST hand held portable vape you actually would want to use now, just a couple of years at most.

I already made this point. People countered with how the volcano came out in 2000, but completely ignored my point that the first portable vape only came out 8 years ago and, even then, we didn't start to see a variety of portable vaporizers until only a couple of years ago (also that many, if not all, of their favorite companies had far worse starts than HL, with products that not only failed all the time, but sucked even when they didn't fail). Just don't continue this. It'll save you quite a few headaches. Or do and just hit your grasshopper to deal with them. Your choice.

delloy

nkotb, just curious, it looks like you were a pre-order is that correct? If so, I am glad to hear they are finished with the backer orders.

Nah! Unfortunately not. I think @nkotb is a backer. No preorders have been sent yet as far as I know.

delloy,

osolx26

Just in case anyone is so defensive as to miss the word "dream" two times that they actually need a separate disclaimer....there you go!
Dude, you'd be surprised how many people skip over very important parts of a comment in order to try and prove their own points.

osolx26,

studmuffin

Yep, a very popular exercise regime/philosophy for, sadly, too many people, embraces these elements: 1) flagrant knee-jerk reactions, sometimes violent enough to actually strike one's forehead, 2) flying off the handle, and, 3) jumping to conclusions. :rolleyes:

:myday:

studmuffin,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
So I received an SS GH yesterday. First impressions are that it's so small and well built. It feels pretty solid and is smaller than what I thought it would be. I used it yesterday with various types of ground herb. I tried medium grind, a chunk off a nug, and fine grind like I would on my Pax2. The Gh itself does get warm in the front and also the back end. I was able to use it in all the temperature levels without a silicone mouthpiece or getting burned. I get nice clouds but not humongous ones on the 4 and 5 dial. Idk how other GH's are leaving the AVB but it takes me about 10 or more pulls to brown the AVB. It's never dark like I see in pictures even on the last setting. Idk if I just need to learn how to pull but there are times where it feels like I don't get a nice big pull. Other times, it does create a large amount of vapor and it makes me cough. Idk what's normal since it's so new to me but I feel like it's taking a while to finish the herb in the bowl. Any one have any suggestions? Thoughts? Questions?

nkotb

Nope. I'm a backer. Until recently, I had both the Zion and Grasshopper listed as pre-orders in my signature. Sorry for the confusion.

Personally, I don't think pre-orders should have their hopes up just yet. I wouldn't be surprised if GHL continues the recent pattern of 2 weeks on, two weeks of silence while everyone freaks out. I hope I'm wrong.

Vapor Loop

I already made this point. People countered with how the volcano came out in 2000, but completely ignored my point that the first portable vape only came out 8 years ago and, even then, we didn't start to see a variety of portable vaporizers until only a couple of years ago (also that many, if not all, of their favorite companies had far worse starts than HL, with products that not only failed all the time, but sucked even when they didn't fail). Just don't continue this. It'll save you quite a few headaches. Or do and just hit your grasshopper to deal with them. Your choice.

How long have most of yall been into vaporizers? Because i know off the top of my head Vapir put the portable classic out in 2000, Also various flame ones been around since the 90's. I would not be one bit shocked if somebody else chimed in and said they knew of flame based portables in the 70's. The guy who made the Eterra even made a portable version first in the 90's. I don't know if you wan't to count charcoal powered as well but those have certainly been around since the 60's or 70's.

radiant34

Yep, a very popular exercise regime/philosophy for, sadly, too many people, embraces these elements: 1) flagrant knee-jerk reactions, sometimes violent enough to actually strike one's forehead, 2) flying off the handle, and, 3) jumping to conclusions. :rolleyes:

:myday:

Did you see the pope have that same reaction today? Just mechanics at the core of it all. Just like the blueprints to the grasshopper

radiant34,

hopperwaiter

Just in case anyone is so defensive as to miss the word "dream" two times that they actually need a separate disclaimer....there you go!

Oh, he is just annoyed that not everyone is a hopper fanboy, but conveniently ignores the fact that he was someone who got their hopper months ago and hasn't had many issues, while many others have had frustrations with waiting or reliability.

Gandalf

@Vapetrees

I was having similar problems getting clouds. If you read my initial impressions, you'll see that I was disappointed at first. Now, after some more experience, I can say that hands down GH is my favorite vaporizer and consistently gives me nice, big, consistent hits.

Experiment with how much you pack into the bowl, draw speed, draw time, temperature, etc. I generally start my GH at 4.5 and take long, steady draws of about 10 seconds each at medium speed. I don't sip it, but I don't rip it either. It takes a little practice and I wasn't getting the kinds of hits I wanted until I dialed in my technique. To be fair, this has been the case with me for almost every vaporizer I've owned, including the UD, MFLB, Solo, Air, etc.

I've been using the GH almost exclusively for the past week and it's been performing well beyond my expectations. If it continues to work like this without issues - and I know that's a big "if" - then the GH will definitely be the top vape in my collection.

Top Bottom