Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vaperist

@Vaperist I would also recommend high temp silicone
also a lot of vape manufacturers have silicone (whips) as accessories for sale. Maybe some fc member with a gh can tell you which one fits...
yes. i'm really seeking a good piece of silicone that fits. found some online. but do they fit? who knows..

so yeah. any information or link for a fitting silicone tube would be :bowdown:

Vape Dr.

so, does this metal-to-glass connection taste any better than if a plastic hose are siting in between?

I really did not notice a difference in taste with the SSV silicone or the surgical silicone, and I vape at low temps for the flavor.

yes. i'm really seeking a good piece of silicone that fits. found some online. but do they fit? who knows..
so yeah. any information or link for a fitting silicone tube would be :bowdown:

Try Vaporfection, they use surgical tubing for the ViVape2 whip. Surgical tubing can be stretched over the glass, most others like 7th Floor can not be stretched as much.

So that Is this [underneath] and fits straight onto the grasshopper after putting silicone bit on 1st?

Correct. That is SSV tubing from 7th Floor. I slid the tubing over the grasshopper and the tubing fits perfectly inside of the water pipe shown.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
osolx26 said:
Yeah, reddit is a terrible source of information. If you go look at the grasshopper page, there's no actual discussion going on. It's mostly people that don't have grasshoppers complaining about how they don't have grasshoppers yet or commenting on how it works without having any experience with it. It also goes through phases. 1 week, everyone loves the hopper and can't stop praising it, the next they all hate it. You can't get an accurate gauge on what's going on because there's no logic in their discussions. They just post without stopping to think about what they're writing. If you want real information with regards to the grasshopper, you come here. You want to know if any new orders have shipped out or been received? Go to reddit. That's about all they're good for.

To add to this - it is good when the backers were posting. The best thing about /r/GrasshopperVape (that is, aside from our mod) is that you can sort by flair, so reading and watching reviews, discussions, it's all there with some scrolling... or clicking if you've yet to install res. Otherwise it seriously seems like it has been 75% pre-order discussion, 15% shit talk from people who hate GHL, 5% returning backers who've had a problem, recurring, and 5% returning happy backers as of the past 2 months. The entire sub only has 2,031 people. From the number of pre-order questions, I think I can guess how many of those subbed are actually backers.

In any case. Both sites have their issues, finding info on FC can be hell without any sorting in the specific threads, but that's the nature of this style. Reddit info is a little easier to manage, but can also really lack any coherent intentions. Or straight up trolling. Backers just need to post consistently and people need to be a little more civil :p

@Vape Dr. , Can you test something with your battery? I have been able to get 4 or 5 (depending on chamber size and length of draw) chambers extracted in 2 hits on 5. I remember reading that you only get 2 chambers from temp stepping? Just curious ;)

I don't know if I've said this or not before, but guys, the Grasshopper on temp 5 clouds the VapeXhale Turbine hydrotube better than the VapeXhale EVO at 400 and higher.

b0

Cloudy...
Good luck with trying to prise 1 of these bad boys out of some vapestars hands @b0 :) Im still waiting on a titanium preorder...

I saw some over Ebay but will like better to give the money to somewhere here. I know some people is ordering extras to sell, so lets just wait and see if I'm lucky! :D

Vaperist

There are ways to say things and this isn't one of them. Warning point issued.
I know some people is ordering extras to sell,

those people are an assholes. (ban me if you need to) but i stand by this point of view and this exact definition of those selfish bastards. they are literally shiting out of their holes on other people in this vaporist community who are waiting for their one and only order.. and will be waiting even more, because of thees people.. and you aint not more brighter if buying and supporting business of those dark holes where sun never shines...

Last edited:

Bass Vaper

Ha, vaperist, love the spirit man! I think we all get your true disdain for people buying extras, but again I'd encourage you to point your frustration at the source. No one is doing anything illegal by purchasing extras. And they are free to do whatever the fuck they want with them once they have them. But I do agree with you, it's pretty Bush league to buy extras and sell.

Unrelated, anyone have the issue of the lights never going blue, it just stays red after clicked on? This started late last week. Happens every ten attempts or so. This morning it happened and then my battery died in the middle of the first and only load. Really odd acting.

Was great tho, worked really well for like a week +.

Bass Vaper

Nice. Was curious how yours was holding up. I filled out the warranty request over the weekend. Still waiting on the other to get fixed and returned before sending this one back. :tup:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Nice. Was curious how yours was holding up. I filled out the warranty request over the weekend. Still waiting on the other to get fixed and returned before sending this one back. :tup:
Good luck man hopefully you're not without your GH for long. I know that would suck after getting accustomed to it to have to send it back.

Bass Vaper

I know that would suck after getting accustomed to it to have to send it back.
Thx, man.

You know, I do have a few frustrations with the everyday use of the Hopper, but I still agree with you. I staggered the warranty requests to avoid being without one for any (lengthy) period of time.

Guess they got me hooked!

Bass Vaper,
Reactions: Vapetrees

Bass Vaper

I seem to really get jazzed about the Pinnacle Pro when I get back to it. The draw resistance is certainly way better than the Hopper. But, after having it for a couple years and the Hopper still being new, I'm still on the Hoppermoon.

Bass Vaper,

TokesandJokes

I'm a 2016 preorder and I can understand the frustration about people ordering extra ones and selling them. I felt just like Vaporist until someone positioned it as that is the original backers reward for funding them for two years without receiving interest. It's frustrating for everyone, but it's a way to reward backers and let them recoup that shipping cost of being a "beta tester"

TokesandJokes,
Reactions: Thcgos

MonkeyTime

I seem to really get jazzed about the Pinnacle Pro when I get back to it. The draw resistance is certainly way better than the Hopper. But, after having it for a couple years and the Hopper still being new, I'm still on the Hoppermoon.
Can I ask you to explain what you mean about the resistance? I've heard all good things about it with the GH, is the PP just better or are you unhappy with the resistance of the GH?

Thanks in advance,

MT

Kalessin

I'm unfortunately a bit skeptical of them getting to pre-orders this month, now. I wasn't before a few days ago when I became aware that they still had pretty much all the December 15th backers to get to and there are even more of them than the 14th backers.

Kalessin,

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
How are you measuring your Evo temps?

:peace:

Poorly.

Vapexhales website has their temperature chart that shows the range for the dial, which I then have to guesstimate at what temp it may be. I do wish the EVO had digital readout :p Generally it's probably a higher temperature than I think.

Can I ask you to explain what you mean about the resistance? I've heard all good things about it with the GH, is the PP just better or are you unhappy with the resistance of the GH?

Thanks in advance,

MT

Draw resistance for the GH is almost completely dependent on how much you fill it. Stuffing the chamber obviously will make it much harder to inhale. I usually fill it 50-75% of the way. Doesn't make it hard to draw but still has a weight-y pull from it.

Bass Vaper

Thanks in advance,

MT

Glad to. And let me start by saying it's not a huge deal, but something that takes away from the overall value of it (imo).

The mouthpiece on the Hopper gets herb clogged to it which impacts air flow, feels like sucking a rock thru a straw. In more times than I care for I find myself out of breath without really getting a fulfilling hit. Until I take the mp off and blow it out will it be good again. Others don't really have the issue so it's probably just me. I've tried fine grind, medium grind, chunks of nuggz, small loads, big loads, soft hits, hard rips, it happens with every method for me. Just seems inevitable that some will just get stuck up there. And it's not a huge airflow hole either.

I don't know if I like the Pro better or not. I think their are more cons with the Hopper compared to the Pro, but the great flavor of the Hopper ultimately edges it over the Pro.

zymos

I'm not experiencing anything like that. Maybe because I only put in enough for a hit or two? For me, it's basically like using a combusting one hitter bat type thing. But without the combustion.
My stash is pretty dry and powdery. It definitely gloms up on to the top screen, but not enough to make it hard to draw- I hit it pretty hard, there's plenty of airflow to get me a lung filling cloud. I keep it set on 4.

Apparently, YMMV....

Top Bottom