Discontinued The Grasshopper

Just Justin

@biohacker

The GH is pretty easy to load and it does well with a full chamber or less than full, even a pinch will vape. I have heard people just break off a chunk and put it the chamber and that works good for them but I prefer a medium grind. Not too fine because I think the coarseness allows the hot air to penetrate through the entire chamber better than if its too fine, where the hot air has a harder time working through all of the material so the herb is less likely to be heated evenly.

The "Pack-N-Stash" (photo below) funnel works great with the GH and it just fits on the chamber end and you can kind of poke the material in with a poker until its filled to your liking or I like to use the Vapir Scoop which also works pretty well. The GH is not a hard vape to load but it helps to have a poker to make sure the herb is nice and even inside the chamber.

6-21-15-1049.jpg

zymos

Is it off-topic to discuss a vape's accessories and the materials they're made from? I think it is relevant. Some people don't want to use animal product, no big deal.

If it was no big deal, why make a point to tell everyone about it...?

Anyone notice on the official site how they said they aren't doing the leather sleeves because the SS are so much more popular? Yet, can you actually GET a SS sleeve from them? Nope, cause they had some problems with those and went back to the drawing board months ago....

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I meant that other posters do not need to make a big deal about someone mentioning the use of animal product (leather) in a vape accessory.
On the other hand, it is a big deal to anyone who has made a moral and or ethical decision to not use or consume animal product, and so it's possible that the posting about material is meaningful to someone.

Making a big deal about the content of someone's post is, in this case, off-topic.

biohacker

okay, well I love the fact that the case is made out of dead animal skin. Same with my massive leather sofa that took many months to receive, as well as the leather seating in my vehicle. I much prefer natural leather over synthetics. This thread is about the GH, I just figured the discussion would turn into animal rights/veganism when that statement was made. I definitely did not make a "big deal" about it with just a few words @vapviking

EXACTLY. THANK YOU.

Anyfuckingways!

The eagle has landed!!! The manual said that the battery would be fully charged, but it's been on charging for over an hour....it is definitely BNIB but was sitting out in the cold for a little while so i'm sure degraded over the time since it shipped.

Thanks @Just Justin ! Where can I snag one of those cool pack-n-stash? Appreciate your post!

EDIT: First impressions are hardware/packaging only, and my expectations have so far been exceeded in that category! LOVE the quality, elegance, and simplicity! Common USB charger already!

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

okay, well I love the fact that the case is made out of dead animal skin. Same with my massive leather sofa that took many months to receive, as well as the leather seating in my vehicle. I much prefer natural leather over synthetics. This thread is about the GH, I just figured the discussion would turn into animal rights/veganism when that statement was made. I definitely did not make a "big deal" about it with just a few words @vapviking

EXACTLY. THANK YOU.

Anyfuckingways!

The eagle has landed!!! The manual said that the battery would be fully charged, but it's been on charging for over an hour....it is definitely BNIB but was sitting out in the cold for a little while so i'm sure degraded over the time since it shipped.

Thanks @Just Justin ! Where can I snag one of those cool pack-n-stash? Appreciate your post!

EDIT: First impressions are hardware/packaging only, and my expectations have so far been exceeded in that category! LOVE the quality, elegance, and simplicity! Common USB charger already!
You may want to take a look at @Ratchett's gh loading funnel too. It's on his delta3dstudio.com site. Or maybe use a salt spoon?

Vaperist

Is it off-topic to discuss a vape's accessories and the materials they're made from? I think it is relevant. Some people don't want to use animal product, no big deal.
i never understand this. so your soul have lived multiple times as worm, bug, lizard, fish, bird, cat, dog, cattle and chimpanzee before getting rewarded to born in a human body. and now, when you are located on top of food chain, you eating salad and wearing textiles? no man. enjoy eating and exploiting others! you have been eaten many times before. you just don't remember it.

so F yeah, i ordered GH leather sleeve as well. had to say this so my text is not of topic :)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Haha, love the animal rights chatter. Kinda like YouTube comments. :clap:

This is for everyone, not just you. Please start a thread in the lounge if you want to engage in animal rights chatter. There's probably an existing thread you could join. It's off-topic here regardless of the fact that a GH accessory is made from leather.

Bass Vaper

I was kidding, dude. Shit's annoying.

But your comment is duly noted. My bad.

But vaperist still has the best posts ever. :rockon:

Bass Vaper,

biohacker

i think that GH is most hyped and anticipated vape. ever.

You should have been around for the OG Vapexhale Cloud!

Man, it's been 2.5hours....STILL charging..... ... i'm guessing it should be good to go in less than another hour?

biohacker,

tubasco

i never understand this. so your soul have lived multiple times as worm, bug, lizard, fish, bird, cat, dog, cattle and chimpanzee before getting rewarded to born in a human body. and now, when you are located on top of food chain, you eating salad and wearing textiles? no man. enjoy eating and exploiting others! you have been eaten many times before. you just don't remember it.

so F yeah, i ordered GH leather sleeve as well. had to say this so my text is not of topic :)

mod note: Off topic content removed.

ON TOPIC: has anyone found a pouch or case as quality as @Ratchett 's is? I know it wouldn't be as custom-fit...
(Now I'm off to the shipping thread with great news!)

EDIT: did you HAVE to remove my sincere apology and the fact that I tagged you (the moderator) as well? Making me seem like an oblivious jerk when I addressed the probable issue myself, like an adult...

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
EDIT: did you HAVE to remove my sincere apology and the fact that I tagged you (the moderator) as well? Making me seem like an oblivious jerk when I addressed the probable issue myself, like an adult...

There was no such content in the portion I removed. When I review the history of the post, the sequence of events is that you edited and saved your apology after I opened your post to edit out the off-topic content but before I saved my edit.

This is the sort of thing you should handle with a PM. I am pretty sure you know this. I really should give you a warning point, but because this was caused by a timing error I will just remind you of the rule:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

tubasco

There was no such content in the portion I removed. When I review the history of the post, the sequence of events is that you edited and saved your apology after I opened your post to edit out the off-topic content but before I saved my edit.

This is the sort of thing you should handle with a PM. I am pretty sure you know this. I really should give you a warning point, but because this was caused by a timing error I will just remind you of the rule:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
Weird. Anyway, thanks for cutting me slack this time. :razz:

tubasco,

biohacker

Have there been any reports of underheating GH's? My first 2 sessions have been less than impressive, and i'm at max temp 5. I've tried dry and through glass..... getting some light vapour, but nothing crazy and just feels like it's missing heat compared to some of the videos i've seen. The ABV is light tan, no green in it, but it should be alot darker. Am I off to send this to the lab?

biohacker,
Have there been any reports of underheating GH's? My first 2 sessions have been less than impressive, and i'm at max temp 5. I've tried dry and through glass..... getting some light vapour, but nothing crazy and just feels like it's missing heat compared to some of the videos i've seen. The ABV is light tan, no green in it, but it should be alot darker. Am I off to send this to the lab?
There are reports of units with improperly functioning dials, if I recall correctly

Top Bottom