Discontinued The Grasshopper

Bass Vaper

Have there been any reports of underheating GH's? My first 2 sessions have been less than impressive, and i'm at max temp 5. I've tried dry and through glass..... getting some light vapour, but nothing crazy and just feels like it's missing heat compared to some of the videos i've seen. The ABV is light tan, no green in it, but it should be alot darker. Am I off to send this to the lab?

It's broke. Temp 5 is scalding. Could be the dial is jacked up.

Sorry to hear that, man. Go to the site and fill out the warranty request.

biohacker

I took the two spent loads, and combined them in my Crafty at 210c and got 2 medium sized hits, but that was it. Maybe i'm not loading enough?

The body became pretty hot after my sessions, and after 2 bowls the battery was done. I didn't click on and off as I should have, instead just kept it going...

i'll give it another shot after the charge completes! Thanks for the help!

biohacker,

ean

I took the two spent loads, and combined them in my Crafty at 210c and got 2 medium sized hits, but that was it. Maybe i'm not loading enough?

The body became pretty hot after my sessions, and after 2 bowls the battery was done. I didn't click on and off as I should have, instead just kept it going...

i'll give it another shot after the charge completes! Thanks for the help!
I usually get 1 cloudy session and then a lesser one and my batteries are done.

biohacker

Battery is charging....i'm using it plugged in now... i'm not sure if there is anything even wrong with it? I tried using less material and think better results. I'm just not used to how SMOOTH the vapour is? I tried setting 3, and had 1 smaller sized cloud, up to 5 and kept it there for hit after hit, they are very smooth, but I can feel the heat...it's like it's just not producing as much vapour as it should? I definitely cannot come close to whitewalling glass pieces. Maybe my grind is too coarse? Back to the lab for more testing! So far if this is it, then i'm a tad disappointed compared to my Crafty (massive clouds) but it's looking more like a warranty claim....just not 100% sure yet.

The mouthpiece gets HOT with extended use even with the silicone! But i'm talking leaving it on and not clicking it off....

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Battery is charging....i'm using it plugged in now... i'm not sure if there is anything even wrong with it? I tried using less material and think better results. I'm just not used to how SMOOTH the vapour is? I tried setting 3, and had 1 smaller sized cloud, up to 5 and kept it there for hit after hit, they are very smooth, but I can feel the heat...it's like it's just not producing as much vapour as it should? I definitely cannot come close to whitewalling glass pieces. Maybe my grind is too coarse? Back to the lab for more testing! So far if this is it, then i'm a tad disappointed compared to my Crafty (massive clouds) but it's looking more like a warranty claim....just not 100% sure yet.

The mouthpiece gets HOT with extended use even with the silicone! But i'm talking leaving it on and not clicking it off....

I would suspect broken -- many, many similar reports of your experience in the bowels of this thread, unit gets hot but vapor production not what is expected or produced by others in reviews/videos, each reported to GHL, each told to send part or whole unit in for service. Time to test that warranty.

biohacker

Thanks! I tried a fine grind and my results were like night and day! I think that my coarser grind that I use in the Crafty wasn't a great match for the GH's convection heating. My ABV is medium brown, very nice much like my crafty and mighty. However, I think i've seen darker so perhaps it is still underheating, and if there have been lots of reports in this thread, it sounds like the warranty is worth a shot.

I did exhale some incredibly smooth massive clouds on max temp and fogged up my glass....so now i'm not sure if it's normal, or if it could perhaps go hotter...i'm guessing it could go hotter.

The GH is the real deal! Damn! The heatup speed is INSANE! If I get a chance i'll take a video..

Time to test that warranty.

Warranty ticket submitted!

Last edited:

Hawk

What is the smallest/portable water/bubbler that can be used with the GH? Is there such a thing? Never used one before but because of the hot vapor from the GH (the Crafty vapor can sometime irritate my throat and makes me cough so GH would be worse for me) I think I may need one. But I don't want one that is to big even though I know that would be best to cool down the vape. Something a little bigger than the GH that you could travel with.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.planetvape.ca/f-bomb-jet-diffused-micro-bubbler-tube.html

Last edited:
Hawk,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart

Just Justin

Thanks, I appreciate the nice words. My review site is a constant work in progress so I am always trying to update it and make it cleaner/ easier to read and follow. I am working on some videos so hopefully they'll be up someday too. I love hearing feedback so if anyone has any suggestions/comments, I would greatly appreciate it. FYI, MiVape, Elo Vape and Haze V3 review are in the works. I suggest you check out the Elo if you haven't already, its a sweet little convection vape! Thanks again everyone!

MoltenTiger

Thanks, I appreciate the nice words. My review site is a constant work in progress so I am always trying to update it and make it cleaner/ easier to read and follow. I am working on some videos so hopefully they'll be up someday too. I love hearing feedback so if anyone has any suggestions/comments, I would greatly appreciate it. FYI, MiVape, Elo Vape and Haze V3 review are in the works. I suggest you check out the Elo if you haven't already, its a sweet little convection vape! Thanks again everyone!
Your GH info and review really was excellent, extremely thorough and thoughtfully done.
Look forward to seeing your videos

I'm about to check out your Elo review now :)

Cheers

Edit- whelp, seems it's not quite uploaded yet. my bad.
still, looks like an interesting device

btka

My review site is a constant work in progress so I am always trying to update it and make it cleaner/ easier to read and follow. I am working on some videos so hopefully they'll be up someday too. I love hearing feedback so if anyone has any suggestions/comments, I would greatly appreciate it. FYI, MiVape, Elo Vape and Haze V3 review are in the works. I suggest you check out the Elo if you haven't already, its a sweet little convection vape! Thanks again everyone!

can I have a linkl to your review site?

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Thanks! I tried a fine grind and my results were like night and day! I think that my coarser grind that I use in the Crafty wasn't a great match for the GH's convection heating. My ABV is medium brown, very nice much like my crafty and mighty. However, I think i've seen darker so perhaps it is still underheating, and if there have been lots of reports in this thread, it sounds like the warranty is worth a shot.

One last possibility. Have you been packing it very full and very tight?

This sounds like a pretty disappointing prospect, even if the batteries do charge relatively quickly.

That sounds like a degraded battery. My new batteries charge in 45 minutes exact, my old ones charge in 20. The ones that charge in 20 work exactly as @ean described, but the new ones last 2 or 3 bowls and then tapers off at the end of 3 or beginning of 4.

biohacker

One last possibility. Have you been packing it very full and very tight?

yeah, with crappy results....i'm not sure if performance is intermittent at this point... my last session produced practically no vapour, but I think perhaps the battery was dead. The unit won't work plugged in with a dead battery ya?

Battery is back to full charge... back to testing!

EDIT: It's definitely not working right.... just can't get much vapour, and man does the body and mouthpiece ever get hot when you draw alot on it, but it doesn't really bother me! Testing is complete, hopefully the turnaround isn't too bad.

Last edited:

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
yeah, with crappy results....i'm not sure if performance is intermittent at this point... my last session produced practically no vapour, but I think perhaps the battery was dead. The unit won't work plugged in with a dead battery ya?

Battery is back to full charge... back to testing!

EDIT: It's definitely not working right.... just can't get much vapour, and man does the body and mouthpiece ever get hot when you draw alot on it, but it doesn't really bother me! Testing is complete, hopefully the turnaround isn't too bad.

Sorry, I forgot to continue what I meant to say. The Hopper doesn't perform at top performance, and can give results similar to what you're having. That said, I think it's pretty likely you have some defect. Seller prob didn't vape much anymore and thought it was junk.

Little did they know :p

Averyminya,
Reactions: biohacker
Top Bottom