Discontinued The Grasshopper

freshly baked

Update: @Hopper Labs replied to my PM asking if my shipping was still the same. I informed them that it had actually changed and they said they would send me tracking info shortly. I'll be sure to update again if things progress.
I regret coming to the forums with my issue and perhaps it was a miscommunication on one of our parts. If they replace my lost hopper all will be well with me. I'm hopeful for that anyway.

Update: just received a PM with a tracking #. They said they will ship out a replacement in the next few days. I'm pretty excited to say the least. Thank you @Hopper Labs . I apologize for bashing you. Customer service is improving greatly and that goes a long way.

Last edited:

Mr Mellish

I know it's fun to bash HL and they have made it easy but, overall, I think they have treated me fairly well. I'm not going to suggest it was speedy, but it was well done.

I'm waiting on replacement batteries, but so are many of us and the batteries I received are working just fine. There was another incident where they took care of me above and beyond but I don't want to post details and encourage copycats. I'm waiting on a replacement HPE that actually matches the color of my newest titanium GH but, you know what, the one they sent that doesn't match appears to work just the same and I don't have it out on display...

I feel like they are trying harder than they did when we first got our OG units. This is a maturation of the business and of the guys running the business. I'll cut them some slack because they appear to be learning from their mistakes. Several of my vapes were supplied by vendors who appeared not to learn from their mistakes. I'm out what I paid and they are out of business. In the end, I guess I won that battle too because I'm still happily vaping, just without their shitty products...and they aren't making any money in this market.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I've been without a vape since July, awaiting a warranty repair. I've pretty much given up hope they will ever fix and return it. Very sad about my purchase.
Hang in there. I do think HL intends to make good on things despite the fire and setbacks. A buddy of mine is in the same boat (and he’s also been waiting for the steel case for almost 5 years - yep!) - he sent his pre order unit for its first RMA a couple of months before the fire - which I’m sure has also thrown their customer service into chaos. It had been improving as I can attest with my own RMA and, more importantly, my unit is working better than it has in a long time. It’s a pleasure, and a daily one at that, to use again.

Underneath it all I initially loved the device, went sour with HL when its performance degraded over the second year I had it AND the following year-long RMA stint (got it back a couple months before the fire) - indeed there were some angry messages I sent them privately - but I do think they’re turning things around and I’ve been caught in waves of pleasant and unpleasant ownership. And things are on the upswing again for HL with their recent posts herein, claims of shortened RMA backlog, and the announcement of the IO. We’ll see but they seem to have learned and matured and getting things right. I’m back on the Hopper wagon again and rooting for them to succeed yet content with my current device and unsure whether I’ll buy another from them. I’ll never say never but I’m good for now with a wonderfully working Hopper.

Be patient if possible as I (mostly) was. And I have very few vapes too, BTW. I’ve used hardly anything else since I’ve gotten my Hopper back...
:peace::peace:

JeffD

e again.
Be patient if possible as I (mostly) was. And I have very few vapes too, BTW. I’ve used hardly anything else since I’ve gotten my Hopper back...
:peace::peace:

I have no choice but to be patient, unless a class action lawsuits is filed.

I just want to make sure that anyone who buys a grasshopper vape knows that the warranty either won't be honored, or could take many months or years to be honored.

JeffD,

abcd5432

I have no choice but to be patient, unless a class action lawsuits is filed.

I just want to make sure that anyone who buys a grasshopper vape knows that the warranty either won't be honored, or could take many months or years to be honored.
What person who has followed up with grasshopper labs has explicitly had their warranty case not honored?

I'm not defending their quality of service, but it seems like they do deliver if you follow up.

JeffD

What person who has followed up with grasshopper labs has explicitly had their warranty case not honored?

I'm not defending their quality of service, but it seems like they do deliver if you follow up.

Well, myself! They have consistently given me the run around and lied about my wwrranty, telling me it had been shipped, before the fire, and.... Never received anything, nor have they responded to my follow-up. When I complained, in this thread previously, another forum member said he had given up after waiting over a year. Also, read the better business bureau's page of numerous complaints against this company. I posted the link, in this thread, previously, but the moderators removed it, saying I was "beating a dead horse", or something to that effect.

Communication HistoryNew Message
Jeff July 1, 2019, 12:50 a.m.
When I turn on unit, no red heat up time- immediately turns solid blue, and no resulting heat.

John (Hopper Labs) July 2, 2019, 8:05 a.m.
Hey Jeff,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with your Grasshopper and am happy to get this checked out and rectified for you.

Before sending the device back for warranty service, please try cleaning off the temp sensor. To do so, please remove all the herbs from the device. Take a few draws off of your Hopper; this helps to dry out any debris that may have had accumulated on your temperature sensor. Then, use high-pressure air to blow into the herb chamber and LED holes. Your breath is not strong enough and will add moisture to the heating section of the device. We recommend using an air compressor or canned air from an office supply store.

Please let us know if this action resolves your issue before we recommend that you send back your Hopper for service.

Thank you,
Hopper Labs

Jeff July 2, 2019, 11:40 a.m.
Unfortunately, I think my problems are worse. I had ordered two replacement batteries from you, to use as spares, and I noticed today that, even after cleaning the contacts, the unit will not charge either battery. No led lights at all comes on. please advise...

John (Hopper Labs) July 3, 2019, 5:42 a.m.
Hey Jeff,

Please return your Grasshopper to Hopper Labs for service. We will test all the components of your device and determine what is causing your malfunction. We will replace any necessary parts to get a fully operational Grasshopper back in your hands.

**Be sure you include your warranty reference number on your package.** Your reference is 39099823

Please send ONLY your Grasshopper, Charger, and 1 Battery to us at:

Hopper Labs
4571 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80304

*It is 100% your responsibility to get the device to us. If it gets lost in the mail or there are other shipping problems there is nothing we will be able to do. Save your tracking number. Domestic (USA Only) Customers can purchase return postage for $5.00. Reply to this message and ask for that service.

To receive free shipping on an accessory order that will be sent back with your repaired Hopper, please add the accessories to your cart on GHVape.com and then message me here. (Only in-stock items can be added, not including Hoppers)

Then, we will enable free shipping and you can proceed to checkout. Then, send us the order ID here and we will ensure it is returned with your repaired Hopper.

NOTE: We are not responsible for any lost Silicone Mouthpieces or other returned items that are not listed above. We are not responsible if your device is lost in transit to our facility.

Jeff July 19, 2019, 10:18 p.m.
July 11th - vape delivered for warranty repair.

Attached Images
John (Hopper Labs) Aug. 22, 2019, noon
Hey Jeff,

Your Hopper is now in final testing. We've upgraded problem components to our newest versions and are now ensuring the device operates properly. At this time we require every user to verify their address is correct and there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. You must reply to this message in order for your Hopper to be sent out.

Please take your time to consider the following:

1. Your shipping details (address) displayed at the top of this page is correct. Hopper Labs will not replace lost devices if you fail to provide the correct shipping information.

2. New Batteries are highly recommended as they are not covered by warranty and are often the cause of short battery life and lower than expected performance. Please see item 3 in this list for free shipping.

3. If you would like to order any additional items and have them shipped for free with your warranty you must tell us now. We recommend extra batteries, the Performance Front-end and the silicon mouthpiece for those with units coming back from warranty. These are great additions. Add the items you wish to purchase to your cart and reply here so we can enable a free shipping option for you.

4. You must respond to this message within 5 days even if your address is correct and you do not wish to add any items. Failure to respond will result in your Hopper never being returned. We will store the Hopper for an additional 30 days after which it will no longer be kept for you. We will not recover or replace the device if the address is incorrect or if you do not respond within 30 days

5. If you have any other concerns or questions please do not hesitate to ask now.

John (Hopper Labs) Aug. 22, 2019, 12:01 p.m.
Your battery is dead and you will need a new one unless you already have one.

Jeff Aug. 22, 2019, 3:07 p.m.
Address is correct. I have two other unused batteries, so I should be set.

The unit was unable to charge either my old one or the new batteries.

So, you are not saying the problem is a bad battery- you were able to replace a bad component? If so, then when I receive my two new spare batteries should be able to charge.

Thankyou,
jeff

Jeff Sept. 4, 2019, 6:45 p.m.
Any status?

Jeff Sept. 12, 2019, 4:58 p.m.
Has the unit shipped? Do you need more info from me?

John (Hopper Labs) Sept. 23, 2019, 8:35 a.m.
The unit should ship in the next few days.

Jeff Oct. 30, 2019, 12:59 p.m.
5 weeks since your last message it was shipping “in a few days”. Not to seem impatient, but, this is taking a loooong time! 4 months!

John (Hopper Labs) Oct. 31, 2019, 9:42 a.m.
Checking on this for you today. Sorry for the wait.

Jeff Nov. 9, 2019, 10:33 p.m.
So, what was the status after you checked on it? This is crazy!

John (Hopper Labs) Nov. 11, 2019, 7:42 p.m.
The unit shipped out today.

Jeff Nov. 19, 2019, 10:45 a.m.
Can you please send me the tracking number of my unit that was shipped out on the 11th?

John (Hopper Labs) Dec. 9, 2019, 2:25 p.m.
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for sending us a message and sorry for the delayed response. Due to the recent fire, we are working through re-organizing the warranty units. Units that were damaged or destroyed in the fire will be replaced but we do need some time to do this. We will have an update regarding this soon. Please keep a lookout in your email inbox and thanks for your patience

Last edited:
JeffD,
Reactions: rnartian

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@JeffD, did you purchase a Grasshopper without doing any research about it, and about the company's well documented laundry list of ailments and customer service weaknesses?
Anyone who's ever posed the question here, "Should I buy one of these beauties?" has been pretty fully briefed on NOT buying a hopper as an 'only vape'; to always have a backup vape (or multiple hoppers).

I suppose for a lot of us it's just all been part of the wild ride at this point, but in 1000+ pages we've certainly seen/lived your story many times over and so in that sense it is not new news. There is a high degree of 'buyer beware' that should by now accompany any Grasshopper purchase. It is unfortunate for anyone who happens to just stumble across this vape and buys one that chances of device failure have been historically high.

I have been through similar experiences with HL, but they have each time managed to make good on my purchase. Some of these (18 warranty claims and counting) have been for extended periods and some have been joyfully brief. I have managed to always have one or more working hoppers at any given time (for two of us) and this has made all the difference.

Maybe go get a Fury Edge or something. That's a real nice vape, inexpensive, and might get you to a happier place than "no vape" since July '19?

It is clear that HL has been making a concerted effort to up the C/S game and their product's quality.
Your money is long gone. Water under the fridge, as we say. Keep the mantra, "lifetime warranty, lifetime warranty," and, maybe someday... :cheers:

Vaporific

Maybe go get a Fury Edge or something. That's a real nice vape, inexpensive, and might get you to a happier place than "no vape" since July '19?
That’s what happened to me, more or less. The day my Hopper died which necessitated its yearlong RMA stint I miraculously found a Fury clone (Snap) which served well while my Hopper was away. It also led me buying a complimentary Fury 2 (and a backup) which also works well.

Indeed HL is still a work in progress administratively and customer service wise but they’ve got the engineering down pretty darn well now with the latest heater (non IO). They will make good on your claim, just give it more time. It was worth the wait for me albeit frustratingly maddening - it was my favorite vape then before my Furies as one with so few vapes to begin with and again now and once again my daily driver. Don’t see much reason to use anything else. Really. My Hopper simply rocks again. Cautiously however I’m using a few new batteries we were told to discard along with a couple quickly degrading older batts so there is that sword of Damacles hanging over my head and I’m not a big risk taker however I had gotten them a couple weeks before the fire and all were fine, so I’m using just two of them (labeled of course) with an abundance of caution while charging and using - no issues at all though.

Hang in there and hopefully soon there’ll be an agreed upon remediation for your claim. It will be worth the wait. Your story is similar to mine and others yet I believe they’re becoming fewer and far between. :peace:

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Not to interrupt anyone conversations, but I was wondering what everyone's cooling mouthpiece options are looking like?

I have a PFE, but I feel it's still a bit too hot on my lips. I haven't tried to silicon cover yet, but I wanted to ask if there are any other aftermarket mouthpiece addons I could use. Direct links or images would be great, since I'm still a bit of a newb when it comes to vapes and accessories in general.

rnartian,

Terpenetime

Not to interrupt anyone conversations, but I was wondering what everyone's cooling mouthpiece options are looking like?

I have a PFE, but I feel it's still a bit too hot on my lips. I haven't tried to silicon cover yet, but I wanted to ask if there are any other aftermarket mouthpiece addons I could use. Direct links or images would be great, since I'm still a bit of a newb when it comes to vapes and accessories in general.

I have a 510 drip tip that works really well. I still haven’t learnt how to post photos on FC but you can see some here along with links to sites that sell them...

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/139935

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist

I also use PFE and stick wrap a plaster around it. This fixes the issue :) It's not pretty and not as fancy as silicon tubing, but I think it actually works better.

YetAnotherUsername,
Reactions: david8613

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I have a 510 drip tip that works really well. I still haven’t learnt how to post photos on FC but you can see some here along with links to sites that sell them...

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/139935
Just ordered it! Thanks, man!

I also use PFE and stick wrap a plaster around it. This fixes the issue :) It's not pretty and not as fancy as silicon tubing, but I think it actually works better.
Sorry if this is obvious, but what's a plaster? Do you have a picture of this setup?

rnartian,
Reactions: david8613

Raf

Well, myself! They have consistently given me the run around and lied about my wwrranty, telling me it had been shipped, before the fire, and.... Never received anything, nor have they responded to my follow-up. When I complained, in this thread previously, another forum member said he had given up after waiting over a year. Also, read the better business bureau's page of numerous complaints against this company. I posted the link, in this thread, previously, but the moderators removed it, saying I was "beating a dead horse", or something to that effect.

Communication HistoryNew Message
Jeff July 1, 2019, 12:50 a.m.
When I turn on unit, no red heat up time- immediately turns solid blue, and no resulting heat.

John (Hopper Labs) July 2, 2019, 8:05 a.m.
Hey Jeff,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with your Grasshopper and am happy to get this checked out and rectified for you.

Before sending the device back for warranty service, please try cleaning off the temp sensor. To do so, please remove all the herbs from the device. Take a few draws off of your Hopper; this helps to dry out any debris that may have had accumulated on your temperature sensor. Then, use high-pressure air to blow into the herb chamber and LED holes. Your breath is not strong enough and will add moisture to the heating section of the device. We recommend using an air compressor or canned air from an office supply store.

Please let us know if this action resolves your issue before we recommend that you send back your Hopper for service.

Thank you,
Hopper Labs

Jeff July 2, 2019, 11:40 a.m.
Unfortunately, I think my problems are worse. I had ordered two replacement batteries from you, to use as spares, and I noticed today that, even after cleaning the contacts, the unit will not charge either battery. No led lights at all comes on. please advise...

John (Hopper Labs) July 3, 2019, 5:42 a.m.
Hey Jeff,

Please return your Grasshopper to Hopper Labs for service. We will test all the components of your device and determine what is causing your malfunction. We will replace any necessary parts to get a fully operational Grasshopper back in your hands.

**Be sure you include your warranty reference number on your package.** Your reference is 39099823

Please send ONLY your Grasshopper, Charger, and 1 Battery to us at:

Hopper Labs
4571 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80304

*It is 100% your responsibility to get the device to us. If it gets lost in the mail or there are other shipping problems there is nothing we will be able to do. Save your tracking number. Domestic (USA Only) Customers can purchase return postage for $5.00. Reply to this message and ask for that service.

To receive free shipping on an accessory order that will be sent back with your repaired Hopper, please add the accessories to your cart on GHVape.com and then message me here. (Only in-stock items can be added, not including Hoppers)

Then, we will enable free shipping and you can proceed to checkout. Then, send us the order ID here and we will ensure it is returned with your repaired Hopper.

NOTE: We are not responsible for any lost Silicone Mouthpieces or other returned items that are not listed above. We are not responsible if your device is lost in transit to our facility.

Jeff July 19, 2019, 10:18 p.m.
July 11th - vape delivered for warranty repair.

Attached Images
John (Hopper Labs) Aug. 22, 2019, noon
Hey Jeff,

Your Hopper is now in final testing. We've upgraded problem components to our newest versions and are now ensuring the device operates properly. At this time we require every user to verify their address is correct and there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. You must reply to this message in order for your Hopper to be sent out.

Please take your time to consider the following:

1. Your shipping details (address) displayed at the top of this page is correct. Hopper Labs will not replace lost devices if you fail to provide the correct shipping information.

2. New Batteries are highly recommended as they are not covered by warranty and are often the cause of short battery life and lower than expected performance. Please see item 3 in this list for free shipping.

3. If you would like to order any additional items and have them shipped for free with your warranty you must tell us now. We recommend extra batteries, the Performance Front-end and the silicon mouthpiece for those with units coming back from warranty. These are great additions. Add the items you wish to purchase to your cart and reply here so we can enable a free shipping option for you.

4. You must respond to this message within 5 days even if your address is correct and you do not wish to add any items. Failure to respond will result in your Hopper never being returned. We will store the Hopper for an additional 30 days after which it will no longer be kept for you. We will not recover or replace the device if the address is incorrect or if you do not respond within 30 days

5. If you have any other concerns or questions please do not hesitate to ask now.

John (Hopper Labs) Aug. 22, 2019, 12:01 p.m.
Your battery is dead and you will need a new one unless you already have one.

Jeff Aug. 22, 2019, 3:07 p.m.
Address is correct. I have two other unused batteries, so I should be set.

The unit was unable to charge either my old one or the new batteries.

So, you are not saying the problem is a bad battery- you were able to replace a bad component? If so, then when I receive my two new spare batteries should be able to charge.

Thankyou,
jeff

Jeff Sept. 4, 2019, 6:45 p.m.
Any status?

Jeff Sept. 12, 2019, 4:58 p.m.
Has the unit shipped? Do you need more info from me?

John (Hopper Labs) Sept. 23, 2019, 8:35 a.m.
The unit should ship in the next few days.

Jeff Oct. 30, 2019, 12:59 p.m.
5 weeks since your last message it was shipping “in a few days”. Not to seem impatient, but, this is taking a loooong time! 4 months!

John (Hopper Labs) Oct. 31, 2019, 9:42 a.m.
Checking on this for you today. Sorry for the wait.

Jeff Nov. 9, 2019, 10:33 p.m.
So, what was the status after you checked on it? This is crazy!

John (Hopper Labs) Nov. 11, 2019, 7:42 p.m.
The unit shipped out today.

Jeff Nov. 19, 2019, 10:45 a.m.
Can you please send me the tracking number of my unit that was shipped out on the 11th?

John (Hopper Labs) Dec. 9, 2019, 2:25 p.m.
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for sending us a message and sorry for the delayed response. Due to the recent fire, we are working through re-organizing the warranty units. Units that were damaged or destroyed in the fire will be replaced but we do need some time to do this. We will have an update regarding this soon. Please keep a lookout in your email inbox and thanks for your patience

This feels tragic to me like all you had to do was buy a nitecore (or other) charger. The little magnetic Chargers have never worked for me. I didn't let that stop me.

In other news... pls Jesus @Hopper Labs , tell me the battery factories aren't in Wuhan province?

Terpenetime

A doob tube, two spare batteries, a pick, the glass and a GH all fit great in that @Ratchett leather case for on the go!

@Ratchett used to have them made by an Amish friend of his but he (Ratchett) moved away and can no longer contact him, which is why they’re no longer available. I managed to snag a used one last week which I’m looking forward to receiving.

freshly baked

Update: I got an email from @Hopper Labs saying my unit will ship this week! Cant wait to catch up on old times and make up for lost time. C/S I believe are doing the best they possibly can..... I mean why would they not?? Some things are out of ones control and I think they are biting down on the mouthpiece and pushing forward despite the set backs. Imagine yourself being a young entrepreneur and entering a very competitive market and having to learn from your mistakes the hard way. I guarantee alot of folks would have cut their losses or sold out. I admire their willingness to be on the forum, answer the tough questions and progress. The hard work is paying off and will continue I believe. It's an amazing device when working properly! Nice work so far grasshopper

david8613

Where did you cop that used leather case for hopper? I wish they would make them again. Maybe a group buy through ratchet can hook it up???

Terpenetime

Where did you cop that used leather case for hopper? I wish they would make them again. Maybe a group buy through ratchet can hook it up???

His Amish friend lives hundreds of miles away and doesn’t have electricity, so he can’t be contacted by phone, which is why @Ratchett can no longer supply them.

I saw one advertised for sale with a used Hopper and I managed to buy it off him separately.

Vaporific

His Amish friend lives hundreds of miles away and doesn’t have electricity, so he can’t be contacted by phone, which is why @Ratchett can no longer supply them.

I saw one advertised for sale with a used Hopper and I managed to buy it off him separately.
Either his friend or Ratchett moved hence the cessation of making the leather case. Again, hands down, it’s the best Hopper accessory I’ve bought and bought mine 4 years ago, which is slightly different than the last pic I saw on Delta3D’s site, and use it daily - along with my Hopper ;):peace:

david8613

Top Bottom