Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
My RMA’d pre order Ti continues to work beyond belief 4+ months after its return. Finished off a chamber on way to my car search and got completely baked. 2 draws on 2.9 and I’m still buzzed from this morning. Wow. I love my Hopper! Not too baked at the second dealership thankfully.

Shared my Hopper with a friend last night and it was super quick taking a break from a party, made it more interesting when we returned. He has two Hoppers but brought his Fury2 instead which he spent on the way to the party. Hopper to the rescue. It works so damned well! :peace:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
People are talking over in the io thread about cooling for the 'hopper - I have stated previously I don't find it really needs it, and I totally understand/agree with Hopper Labs' stance on vapor condensation etc.

Cooling solutions are abundant, and also kinda personal. I'm sure people would be hootin and hollering if HL did in fact make a cooling mouthpiece, and it wasn't quite how this person envisioned it... If people get to choose their own (or choose not to use one) - it's kinda on them. I think it's kinda fair. I mean some vapes cannot be used without a water piece of some kind, but are often sold without them, so I'm not sure I really understand the argument.

Sometimes I feel like cooling my hopper vapor too, usually opting for a dry sake bottle bong - but just got this today and think it will be my new go-to.

JPEG-20200113-182313.jpg

https://vgoodiez.com/products/coolest-hook-by-modpod-labs

Mr Mellish

People are talking over in the io thread about cooling for the 'hopper - I have stated previously I don't find it really needs it, and I totally understand/agree with Hopper Labs' stance on vapor condensation etc.

Cooling solutions are abundant, and also kinda personal. I'm sure people would be hootin and hollering if HL did in fact make a cooling mouthpiece, and it wasn't quite how this person envisioned it... If people get to choose their own (or choose not to use one) - it's kinda on them. I think it's kinda fair. I mean some vapes cannot be used without a water piece of some kind, but are often sold without them, so I'm not sure I really understand the argument.

Sometimes I feel like cooling my hopper vapor too, usually opting for a dry sake bottle bong - but just got this today and think it will be my new go-to.

JPEG-20200113-182313.jpg

You have lips of asbestos, my friend. I find that even the HPE can get too hot for my lips. Either it's because I never smoked or I'm just a total puss...

Interesting looking glass!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
You have lips of asbestos, my friend. I find that even the HPE can get too hot for my lips. Either it's because I never smoked or I'm just a total puss...

If I keep the unit on a relatively short amount of time, and give er a good ole rip, I don't have any issues. I do feel my backend giving off some heat... but it's gotta go somewhere? And I do not feel my unit gets as hot as others, as mine is a fairly new unit afaik, so perhaps this also has some effect.

I have even tried using the regular mouthpiece at max temp, natively. I have no issues, so long as I don't keep the unit on for more than like 25~ seconds (after the lights turn blue)

MoltenTiger

If I keep the unit on a relatively short amount of time, and give er a good ole rip, I don't have any issues. I do feel my backend giving off some heat... but it's gotta go somewhere? And I do not feel my unit gets as hot as others, as mine is a fairly new unit afaik, so perhaps this also has some effect.

I have even tried using the regular mouthpiece at max temp, natively. I have no issues, so long as I don't keep the unit on for more than like 25~ seconds (after the lights turn blue)
yeah, using it as described on the OEM site, it is totally fine and doesn't need cooling (although it's always an option)

Other vapes require a slow and steady draw that lasts between 30 and 90 seconds. This type of draw is not ideal for the Grasshopper. The Grasshopper comes equipped with a very powerful 45-watt heater, a microcontroller to monitor temperature in real-time and a very short vapor path. Its design allows for quick and easy vaporization. Your draw should be faster than with other vapes and last 15-20 seconds. Near the end of your draw, click the device off to allow for all the vapor and warm air to be cleared from the chamber. For longer sessions consider a PFE and 14mm-18mm adapter to use directly on the device or through a bubbler.

I typically hit my hopper for longer than 20 seconds, so I nearly always add cooling. And with so many options due to the 14mm tapered fitting PFE, it couldn't be any easier.

Having to use just the pen to get as high as I normally go for is a bit of a challenge with the heat, but it's still doable.
You'd have to be very unimaginative to not figure out a stealthy cooling option for on the go usage regardless. A simple 18-14 bushing as recommended by HL does a pretty good job if you can't think of anything yourself.

Or how about a vape hoody?
ooze-logo-vape-hoodie-hoodies_12_518_0c724bcd-54d9-4013-b52a-1ba594f6289f_1100x.jpg

take stealth to the next level and keep the performance.

Back in the day people would retrofit Arizer Solos into starbucks cups and the like, the hopper simply benefits a lot from a drip tip or a whip. It's the best whip vape I've ever tried actually. Though I've never had anything from SSV which I think might be the king of whips, or that ex-nasa halogen Herbalizer that's gone by the wayside (what is actually going on there? Their website links are for the new volcano hybrid...)

The GH heats herb to 210 C and it's ridiculous that it can be used at all as it's designed, the heat source is almost inside your mouth, of course it's noticeable.
Try getting that close to any other vapes heat source! There's no way. No one insulates their vapes properly, and all that energy loss is a bigger deal than a stinging roger from the hopper.

If you want to cool it down, move it further away. It's the same for everything, I think it's one of the most pathetic reasons to hate on the GH which I have often heard from randoms on reddit who have never tried it or are quite stupid when it comes to thermal dynamics and the art of vaporising.

I don't think there is a vape out there with a shorter path? It's nicer than hitting the MFLB without a stem (and the stems fit inside the silicone FEs on the hopper, which works very well indeed, I've lost my walnut stem come to think of it...)

What people are saying here I'm all for, a thread on cooling mouthpiece by HL. I think that would make sense as an accessory, although I don't want one, I can see the appeal

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I see your "J" hook alumna foil blanket & call you with my giant ass cooling unit

Z0rhVML.jpg

No aluminum foil - just a dimpled male-jointed j-hook. All glass. The dimples help to absorb some of the heat - it's actually quite effective. I wish I had a female version.

I wouldn't let aluminum anywhere near my precious vapor.

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
No aluminum foil - just a dimpled male-jointed j-hook. All glass. The dimples help to absorb some of the heat - it's actually quite effective. I wish I had a female version.

I wouldn't let aluminum anywhere near my precious vapor.

Sorry , that was suppose to be a tinhat" joke.
I actually love that creation of yours.
as mine is just funny every time I hit it.
What are you selling something like that cooling J hook?

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Recommended for people with the PFE and want some lip protection

5af6b5d413927d6bfb0d8b53-large.jpg

510 drip tip wooden

I stopped looking for stuff for the hopper after I bought this but I needed to buy couple of them to find the one that fitted

I just don't have a vape shop any where near where I live

Baron23

JPEG-20200113-182313.jpg

I too love my GH, one of which is working flawlessly, with a J-hook. Just works GREAT, IMO.

abcd5432

I too love my GH, one of which is working flawlessly, with a J-hook. Just works GREAT, IMO.
I'm just sitting here loving my blue balls wishing I had a grasshopper.
This wait has been insane. And then they finally get the product working reliably and a fire?
Honestly, when they give me bad news in April I won't even be mad. Not that I've ever been mad during this. I'm just a battered at this point.
I think I like it.....

david8613

Recommended for people with the PFE and want some lip protection

5af6b5d413927d6bfb0d8b53-large.jpg

510 drip tip wooden

I stopped looking for stuff for the hopper after I bought this but I needed to buy couple of them to find the one that fitted

I just don't have a vape shop any where near where I live

these tips come in different sizes, what do we need for grasshopper, I use one made of glass and what looks like brass some one gave me, works really well I can run it at top temp no problems, and I am sensitive to heat.

how we doing on the batteries??? I still have not received mine I have been waiting for a long time.

david8613,
Reactions: Hjalmark

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I have two earlybird Ti Hoppers that are still working flawlessly . I enjoy using all my vapes in rotation and these have gotten a little extra attention ever since I rec'd my new batteries. Yes, the "defective" recent batch. The batteries are actually still sitting in some kitty litter in my garage but luckily my old cells still work and my GH love has been rekindled. Despite having to wait over two years from the original kickstarter campaign and never receiving the SS case, the Hoppers themselves have been great. I recognize that I am lucky not to have had any issues , never the less , I still love the design, low maintenance, chameleon stealth, and performance.

fogbank

I have two earlybird Ti Hoppers that are still working flawlessly . I enjoy using all my vapes in rotation and these have gotten a little extra attention ever since I rec'd my new batteries. Yes, the "defective" recent batch. The batteries are actually still sitting in some kitty litter in my garage but luckily my old cells still work and my GH love has been rekindled. Despite having to wait over two years from the original kickstarter campaign and never receiving the SS case, the Hoppers themselves have been great. I recognize that I am lucky not to have had any issues , never the less , I still love the design, low maintenance, chameleon stealth, and performance.

I have a 2016 Ti Hopper that works flawlessly (well it did have cop lights at one point, but blowing through the air holes corrected that and it's been flawless ever since).

However, it is not the hottest/best performing Hopper that I own. I have a Ti with a much newer body (2019 I believe) and it produces more vapor and darker ABV at 2 then my 2016 Ti produces at 4 or 5. Same with a 2019 SS Hopper that I have, which produces more vapor and darker ABV at 2.5 than the 2016 Ti does at 4 or 5.

My old Hopper still does everything that I want it to, but there's no doubt that my newer Hoppers run hotter.

It'll be real interesting to see how the io performs.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
A quick update:

Our new facility is now mostly set up and we are spending most of our time on operations. We will have the warranty system open soon for new requests. We are currently clearing out the packages that have come in over the last few months and once that is done we will open the system.

Sorry for the recent trouble with the site login. We have it fixed now. We also have a very small quantity of SS Grasshoppers that are now listed for sale on the website.

New batteries are still on track for April. We will be visiting the factory again in Feb to check on production and oversee testing of the small first batch.

I hope everyone is holding out here okay and we are happy to be back working full time on the production of parts. Thanks for the continued support. There is a lonnnnng road ahead still but we will get there.

warren0728

it's probably somewhere in the thread ... but can i use the same battery charger i'm using for my 18650's for the gh battery?

warren0728,

warren0728

that's good to know on the batteries ... i can't believe it but i am throwing around the idea of getting one of the original (but new) grasshoppers before the io comes out and then look at an io after i see how well i get along with the original gh ... tell me i'm crazy!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
As @Hammahead stated above, you can use any external charger that is rated to charge 18650 batteries.
I use a NiteCore charger for my GH batteries.
Ditto - I have two Nitecore chargers and both work well. I’ve also been using the mag charger recently, in the car, when I hadn’t used it much in the past. Topping off a battery on the go and for on the go is a good alternative. I mostly charge my batteries externally at home.

I think I have Frontenditis - it won’t screw on all the way again and likely needs an ISO bath. The screen is definitely tight as I checked with my fine point tweezers. I guess I’ve been abusing my Hopper since it has been resurrected from RMA - 4+ months back and it works so damn well! I’ve hardly used any other vape this thing hits so quick and hard most of the time. I applaud HL for finally getting all the internals worked out - it’s like having a new vape, one which is so easy to use and operate and maintain. Love my Ti!

An IO is tempting since mine works well again however I have few vapes and perhaps getting something different since mine works so well is in the cards. We’ll see. 4/20 will be indeed... interesting.:D:leaf::peace:

david8613

it's probably somewhere in the thread ... but can i use the same battery charger i'm using for my 18650's for the gh battery?

I cant find it online now, but I have this little plastic 3d printed adapter. its designed to be put into the charger and helps fill the space under the skinnier grasshopper batteries so the battery cant fall all the way down and disconnect from charging. its a small thing but it works really well when using external charger.

david8613,
Top Bottom