Discontinued The Grasshopper

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I cant find it online now, but I have this little plastic 3d printed adapter. its designed to be put into the charger and helps fill the space under the skinnier grasshopper batteries so the battery cant fall all the way down and disconnect from charging. its a small thing but it works really well when using external charger.
Neither of the two externals that I use require any filler or adapter when charging GHB's. One of them is Nitecore D2 and the other's name --- well, crap if I can't remember it atm but it's the usb one that @MoltenTiger recommends...

warren0728

Neither of the two externals that I use require any filler or adapter when charging GHB's. One of them is Nitecore D2 and the other's name --- well, crap if I can't remember it atm but it's the usb one that @MoltenTiger recommends...
i have a nitecore d2 and a nitecore q4 so i guess i'm set ... i go back and forth between buying a new current model grasshopper or waiting until the io comes out ... since i can't get extra batteries til april sometime i might just wait for the io ...

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Damn - my frontend is caked up good. Tried removing screen with fine tip tweezers and couldn’t so I soaked it in ISO for 4 hours. Got pretty clean but still couldn’t remove it and it was loosened enough that the frontend doesn’t even thread on. I’m soaking it again in ISO for another few hours. I hope I can get it screwed in all the way or perhaps remove it altogether for yet another soak. I hope I can restore my frontend to practical use - I don’t have a PFE. I guess I need to clean it more often with heavy daily use, even brushing it regularly. HL doesn’t have too many spare parts at the moment. (Sigh) :peace:

Mr. Me2

Damn - my frontend is caked up good. Tried removing screen with fine tip tweezers and couldn’t so I soaked it in ISO for 4 hours. Got pretty clean but still couldn’t remove it and it was loosened enough that the frontend doesn’t even thread on. I’m soaking it again in ISO for another few hours. I hope I can get it screwed in all the way or perhaps remove it altogether for yet another soak. I hope I can restore my frontend to practical use - I don’t have a PFE. I guess I need to clean it more often with heavy daily use, even brushing it regularly. HL doesn’t have too many spare parts at the moment. (Sigh) :peace:
Did you try the iso soak in a baggie (iso and mouthpiece in the baggie) dropped into a cup of really hot water? With that approach, you may only need a 5-10 minute soak.

Vaporific

Did you try the iso soak in a baggie (iso and mouthpiece in the baggie) dropped into a cup of really hot water? With that approach, you may only need a 5-10 minute soak.
Thanks. Not yet with baggie & hot water as I’m bathing it in the cleaning vial again now. Perhaps soon I’ll try this if I can’t turn the screen all the way out or back to tightened position. Thanks!

Remind me again: clockwise tightens & counter clockwise loosens? I hold the frontend cone up, insert tweezers from bottom, etc... :peace:

EDIT: baggie with ISO and brief hot water soak worked! I got the screen to screw in all the way and frontend screws on all the way now! Tried removing screen too but couldn’t so I just tightened it. I’ll save removing it completely for another day. I’m a bit OCD when the frontend doesn’t screw on all the way - a pet peeve of mine. Thanks a mil!! :clap::peace:

Last edited:

Baron23

clockwise tightens & counter clockwise loosens?

Lefty losey, righty tighty.

Yes, looking into the MP, clockwise tightens.

And if your threads are really gunked up, it may require a good long soak followed by hot water rinse...or as suggested, warm the ISO a bit.

Good luck

@Hopper Labs
http://imgur.com/a/EdPLrik
Scroll all the way down...

And still never got it back!
That's pretty atrocious.

Have they not gotten back to you at all?

What....now, 15 months in RMA?

Last edited by a moderator:

freshly baked

Arrived at their lab Feb 23rd 2018. I emailed regularly and kept getting the same response they give everyone. We are working on filling back log warranties blah blah blah . They didnt reply to my last message and I've given up. I found a vaporizer that completely blows it away in every category so why should I stress.. yes, the shit me out of 200 dollars with batteries and everything I spent. It's totally unreliable... I cant imagine someone even chancing it and inevitably losing their money...Dont drink the Koolaid people....
They even have the chance to dispute it or even better... make it right in this open forum... approaching 2 years soon
@Hopper Labs

Of course they will just ignore it and wait for the problem to go away as if there's some kind of dignity in remaining silent. People will just assume I'm lying for some personal gain... oh wait too bad the proof is in the image I posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've had a couple of other warranty issues (with other Hopper) that have been initiated and fulfilled during the time I've waited for this one. Note the time estimate;

John (Hopper Labs) Nov. 21, 2018, 6:24 a.m.
We will send you a replacement body which will fix the issue. Once you get the new one you will need to return the one that is not working. Please allow 7-12 days for this to ship out.

This is simply by way of pointing out that the range of customer-satisfaction responses is huge, and that not everything is all on the upswing with HL. I'm personally and internally polarized by my own experience! Even with all the optimism of late, we obviously still have some extremely long-standing issues being discussed.

I have yet other non-functioning hoppers that I've held back from making claims on, trying now to be happy just that wife and I each have one that works pretty well. And we each have one decent battery. This is keeping it all quite palatable.

Edit;
I'm too stoned from wake and vape to stop there ^.
HL could take the leap into the world of finance (where the real money circulates) by offering either;
1. An inexpensive insurance plan that would deliver a loaner device whenever service is needed.
2. A leasing or subscription type contract. No money down! Drive one away today!

On second thought, adding promises that require prompt fulfillment might not be the best thing to add to the menu right now.

Last edited:

freshly baked

Calling members "idiots" breaks our Be Nice rule. Warning point issued.
Their BBB report isnt showing a huge range of customer satisfaction. Look it up yourself people... not 1 good review... read for yourself... the better business bureau gives them an F which stands for failure at being a decent business.

https://www.bbb.org/us/co/boulder/profile/online-retailer/grasshopper-labs-llc-0885-90245195

Karma is biting their ass right now with all the hardships they're experiencing. And rightfully so. I doubt the owner can get a full nights sleep. Probably has a million other vendors nipping at his heels wanting money just like all the hopper owners who spent hard earned money are wanting for their devices to be fixed. He cant keep up. The only thing paying his bills are the idiots who keep believing they will do what they say and sending him more of their money....

Last edited:
freshly baked,

Vaporific

@Hopper Labs
http://imgur.com/a/EdPLrik
Scroll all the way down...

And still never got it back!
Sorry to hear of this. There have been a few reported incidents where HL has seemingly misplaced or lost units sent in for repair. Their customer service response has been average at best - some get responses right away and answers provided and some have been delayed and with no substantial update. I’ve experienced both with my main RMA (which took a year to get it back - but it was definitely fixed).

To @vapviking’s point, my opinion of HL is polarized too: when the Hopper works well, and consistently, it’s simply amazing. However when it doesn’t work well or at all, dealing with the RMA process, wait times and less than exemplary customer servive back then was hair pulling. I do think HL has realized this and they’ve gone through a lot - and many lessons learned - and are trying to right the ship. My pre order Ti, after being with them for a year and shipped back to me just before the fire, is working like new again so I do hold out hope for them. I think I several cases like @freshly baked have fallen through the cracks and it’s most unfortunate. Perhaps @Hopper Labs can take another look into this? I don’t want to bash them now (admittedly I have herein and privately) and giving them a second chance with things, though I can’t see myself buying a new Hopper any time soon since my lone one works well again. My RMA’d unit has provided me the ability to given them leeway and a second chance. But please HL, up the customer service and transparency directly with customers with their RMA requests. We certainly appreciate the informative posts herein so keep those coming. I suggest taking more time and effort communicating directly with those in need.

Happy Humpday to all. :peace:

david8613

Sorry to hear of this. There have been a few reported incidents where HL has seemingly misplaced or lost units sent in for repair. Their customer service response has been average at best - some get responses right away and answers provided and some have been delayed and with no substantial update. I’ve experienced both with my main RMA (which took a year to get it back - but it was definitely fixed).

To @vapviking’s point, my opinion of HL is polarized too: when the Hopper works well, and consistently, it’s simply amazing. However when it doesn’t work well or at all, dealing with the RMA process, wait times and less than exemplary customer servive back then was hair pulling. I do think HL has realized this and they’ve gone through a lot - and many lessons learned - and are trying to right the ship. My pre order Ti, after being with them for a year and shipped back to me just before the fire, is working like new again so I do hold out hope for them. I think I several cases like @freshly baked have fallen through the cracks and it’s most unfortunate. Perhaps @Hopper Labs can take another look into this? I don’t want to bash them now (admittedly I have herein and privately) and giving them a second chance with things, though I can’t see myself buying a new Hopper any time soon since my lone one works well again. My RMA’d unit has provided me the ability to given them leeway and a second chance. But please HL, up the customer service and transparency directly with customers with their RMA requests. We certainly appreciate the informative posts herein so keep those coming. I suggest taking more time and effort communicating directly with those in need.

Happy Humpday to all. :peace:

yes, please tie up any and all loose ends! we are in 2020 hopper labs this is gonna be your year.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Arrived at their lab Feb 23rd 2018. I emailed regularly and kept getting the same response they give everyone. We are working on filling back log warranties blah blah blah . They didnt reply to my last message and I've given up. I found a vaporizer that completely blows it away in every category so why should I stress.. yes, the shit me out of 200 dollars with batteries and everything I spent. It's totally unreliable... I cant imagine someone even chancing it and inevitably losing their money...Dont drink the Koolaid people....
They even have the chance to dispute it or even better... make it right in this open forum... approaching 2 years soon
@Hopper Labs

Of course they will just ignore it and wait for the problem to go away as if there's some kind of dignity in remaining silent. People will just assume I'm lying for some personal gain... oh wait too bad the proof is in the image I posted.

Can you PM us your account email so we can look into this? I can't do anything without this information. I am sure you find everyone who has done this has gotten a response and a resolution. I will be happy to personally review your warranty request. It has always been our policy to replace units if we lost them.

For the future, anyone who has a customer service issue feel free to post it here for everyone to see, but also send us a PM so we can look into it and respond. Otherwise, we cannot take any action.

freshly baked

@Hopper Labs
PM sent. I appreciate you looking into this situation and hope to rectify the issue. Making things right here will go long way for your customer service reputation here and around the other forums I'm sure. I will update the process for the forum. Feb 2018 is a long time to wait. Hopefully there's a unit available for shipment right away in a situation like this. I did praise the hopper alot in the past. Thank you

Last edited:

abcd5432

How necessary is the pfe for a water pipe user?

Also, anyone got any other jhook like (or straight ) attachments I should look at? I would prefer water if possible. I plan to try the nectar collector first to see if that attachment on a vape works well.

Edit: are we there yet? 3 months til we get there... Don't let me down hopper. Sale for 420? Lol, what about just getting it out by then?

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Also, anyone got any other jhook like (or straight ) attachments I should look at? I would prefer water if possible.
I think that if you are going to use hopper w/water you are best served by getting a pfe. It fits better, which is very helpful. It's very simple to clean and gives you a change-of-pace native option, with slightly more open air flow. Go for it.
I have 2 SS pfe's and have noticed (as someone mentioned once) that one has gone slightly out-of-round and is now a little stiffer to screw on and off (still does though and works fine). I think this can result from a hard fall, and this may be a good argument for going with Ti for pfe.

Here are a couple of in-line bubblers that I mentioned not long ago;
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-grasshopper.18482/page-999#post-1435991

MoltenTiger

Also, anyone got any other jhook like (or straight ) attachments I should look at? I would prefer water if possible. I plan to try the nectar collector first to see if that attachment on a vape works well.

Edit: are we there yet? 3 months til we get there... Don't let me down hopper. Sale for 420? Lol, what about just getting it out by then?
It's more convenient in the sense that you don't have to hold it in place with a glass rig (though the normal front end does fit 14mm ground joints, the PFE properly secures in place), it's easier to clean the PFE, and the airflow is a little more open.

I also think Ti is the way to go, it's tougher and drops won't matter, plus because it's lighter the balance of the hopper feels nicer, and you can colour it by anodising, and it cools down faster.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I've had a couple of other warranty issues (with other Hopper) that have been initiated and fulfilled during the time I've waited for this one. Note the time estimate;

We will send you a replacement body which will fix the issue. Once you get the new one you will need to return the one that is not working. Please allow 7-12 days for this to ship out.

This is simply by way of pointing out that the range of customer-satisfaction responses is huge, and that not everything is all on the upswing with HL. I'm personally and internally polarized by my own experience! Even with all the optimism of late, we obviously still have some extremely long-standing issues being discussed.

I have yet other non-functioning hoppers that I've held back from making claims on, trying now to be happy just that wife and I each have one that works pretty well. And we each have one decent battery. This is keeping it all quite palatable.

Edit;
I'm too stoned from wake and vape to stop there ^.
HL could take the leap into the world of finance (where the real money circulates) by offering either;
1. An inexpensive insurance plan that would deliver a loaner device whenever service is needed.
2. A leasing or subscription type contract. No money down! Drive one away today!

On second thought, adding promises that require prompt fulfillment might not be the best thing to add to the menu right now.

PM me the request number so I can have a look. The spare bodies took a while longer to get ready but have been shipping for a few weeks now.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Recommended for people with the PFE and want some lip protection

5af6b5d413927d6bfb0d8b53-large.jpg

510 drip tip wooden

I stopped looking for stuff for the hopper after I bought this but I needed to buy couple of them to find the one that fitted

I just don't have a vape shop any where near where I live
What size fit best and where could I get it?

rnartian,
Reactions: Hjalmark

virtualpurple

My RMA unit is still in Limbo since it was sent in November 4. Hopefully it sees its way back to me sooner rather than later. (I’m maybe I won’t still be oh a t break

virtualpurple,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

PM me the request number so I can have a look. The spare bodies took a while longer to get ready but have been shipping for a few weeks now.
I have to point out that I was not really being fair to HL or to @Hopper Labs with the exchange I'm quoting here, about an rma that's from Nov. '18. While the rma information is accurate, I had forgotten that I brought this up 2 months ago here and it was addressed quite adequately at the time -- I in fact had told Trevor not to worry about it, I would shout out later, when I really needed his help, and so I really have no business coming on with a complaint at this time. At least not about this!
At that time, HL did manage to come up with 2 fresh ghb2's for me, which has kept my two functioning hoppers hopping along.
So, my apology is to Trevor and HL, as well as to all here for me making a mountain of a mole hill.
I have spoken to @Hopper Labs in p.m. and I think we're cool.

Top Bottom