The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

WhyAreWeWaiting

I have been told on a number of occasions that my order would ship in Feb. Clearly not the case. At the end of the day I would be fine with the delays if they set realistic expectations. I originally ordered after being told that things would ship in April, 2015. Is that sad or funny at this point? I guess it depends on the day.
In December 2015 they said they were on the last 300 backers. Since then they've shipped a few TI's. So what have they been doing for the past 3 months since January? And they are still claiming that if you order today you'll get it next month. That's quite ridiculous. Unfortunately FC rules say we cannot accuse them of lying. So I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

YaFreekin Right

In December 2015 they said they were on the last 300 backers. Since then they've shipped a few TI's. So what have they been doing for the past 3 months since January? And they are still claiming that if you order today you'll get it next month. That's quite ridiculous. Unfortunately FC rules say we cannot accuse them of lying. So I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

There were 300 backers but we have no idea how many GHs that entailed(the last backers were also retail backers). Feb update said they were waiting on parts. So since Jan, they likely have been redesigning assemblies/parts & waiting for them to be received.

History tells us that their estimates are wrong, nothing new here, should not be any surprises. They don't update their website estimates very often, unfortunately.

WhyAreWeWaiting

There were 300 backers but we have no idea how many GHs that entailed(the last backers were also retail backers). Feb update said they were waiting on parts. So since Jan, they likely have been redesigning assemblies/parts & waiting for them to be received.

History tells us that their estimates are wrong, nothing new here, should not be any surprises. They don't update their website estimates very often, unfortunately.
1) Why would they be "waiting on parts"? Surely they knew a long time ago what parts they needed to fulfill the orders they have?

2) You miss my point about estimates. Why do Hopper advertise that a GH ordered today will be delivered next month? They have been doing exactly the same since they started taking orders. I get a strong smell of fish.

3) "So since Jan, they likely have been redesigning assemblies/parts & waiting for them to be received." You gotta be kidding me. Are you seriously suggesting that a company that has a large number of outstanding orders, and who appear to be struggling financially could afford to have staff sitting around twiddling their thumbs while awaiting the arrival of parts that they only realised they needed last week. I've heard it all now.

YaFreekin Right

1) Why would they be "waiting on parts"? Surely they knew a long time ago what parts they needed to fulfill the orders they have?

2) You miss my point about estimates. Why do Hopper advertise that a GH ordered today will be delivered next month? They have been doing exactly the same since they started taking orders. I get a strong smell of fish.

3) "So since Jan, they likely have been redesigning assemblies/parts & waiting for them to be received." You gotta be kidding me. Are you seriously suggesting that a company that has a large number of outstanding orders, and who appear to be struggling financially could afford to have staff sitting around twiddling their thumbs while awaiting the arrival of parts that they only realised they needed last week. I've heard it all now.

1) They would be waiting for parts because they said so. It's an iterative design process, they see what parts of their design needs revisions & then they make fixes. From the Feb update I get the impression that they are confident enough in their latest design to order enough parts to fulfill the rest of the orders(I know its been said before..). I should also add, that they haven't just been waiting on parts as they have still been shipping an unknown qty of GHs.

2) Because they don't/haven't updated their website. They don't seem to care that their estimates & info they put on their website are not accurate.

3) We have no idea what their staff is up to. It's really not very big, perhaps they are taking the time to build assembly jigs, produce assembly/QA/QC documentation,etc. No idea, but there is no reason to believe that they "have staff sitting around twiddling their thumbs". What gives you the impression that they are "struggling financially"?

Last edited:
YaFreekin Right,
Reactions: btka

TRON_iC

I think it's funny everyone thinks they must be struggling financially because they're raising the price. Think of how many orders they are drowning in, and how this is easily one of the hottest portables right now. I see it as a way to slow the preorders and boost their capital to get more employees and order more parts. But that's speculation as well

EdE80

I can say with quite a bit of certainty that from March 11 - March 14, they had 130 orders. Assuming that the order id numbers are chronological. Which I think they are. I placed orders on both dates, and that's an exact difference. Or I'm wrong, and it doesn't mean a thing. I've been using my f-bomb/ascent for a good 15 minutes straight...

TRON_iC

What does your # end with? I'd assume like !any other companies they might go up in 10s or 5s or 20s maybe even 50s... Mine ends with a 0

TRON_iC,

EdE80

Not a 0, and my original order from Feb of 2015 ended in a different number too... The plot thickens....

Vaperist

I can say with quite a bit of certainty that from March 11 - March 14, they had 130 orders. Assuming that the order id numbers are chronological. Which I think they are. I placed orders on both dates, and that's an exact difference. Or I'm wrong, and it doesn't mean a thing. I've been using my f-bomb/ascent for a good 15 minutes straight...
order ID doesn't mean much. because they give you one also if you order accessories only. i added few more batteries, and they give me fresh order ID for that. and also dee other way around. they give you one ID number no mater if you order one, ten or hundred Hopers.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yes, seven months in I changed (quadrupled) the number of hoppers on my original order and the order number did not change, nor did the ship date. We really know so very little...(sigh, that's heavy).

If there's a pause of a day or a week or a month while modifications are implemented, it ultimately is to the benefit of all Hopperdom. Maybe they're all attending a customer relations sensitivity retreat?

Some seem to want the omelet right now, unwilling/unable to endure the wait and the process as some eggs are broken along the way. (someone else already used the "sausage making" reference recently, or was that on another sub-thread? ...so many words around here...)

EdE80

Yes, seven months in I changed (quadrupled) the number of hoppers on my original order and the order number did not change, nor did the ship date. We really know so very little...(sigh, that's heavy).

If there's a pause of a day or a week or a month while modifications are implemented, it ultimately is to the benefit of all Hopperdom. Maybe they're all attending a customer relations sensitivity retreat?

Some seem to want the omelet right now, unwilling/unable to endure the wait and the process as some eggs are broken along the way. (someone else already used the "sausage making" reference recently, or was that on another sub-thread? ...so many words around here...)

Just to clarify, when you ordered those additional hoppers were you given new order numbers for them or were they merged with your original number? I've ordered on 3 separate occasions, and have 3 separate order numbers. I was assured that they would all be processed under my account ID when my earliest (Feb 2015) order's spot in the shipping queue is reached.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just to clarify, when you ordered those additional hoppers were you given new order numbers for them or were they merged with your original number? I've ordered on 3 separate occasions, and have 3 separate order numbers. I was assured that they would all be processed under my account ID when my earliest (Feb 2015) order's spot in the shipping queue is reached.
I've only had one order number, generated when I placed first pre-order. Later, subsequent to an email conversation, I asked for additional hoppers, which were manually added to that order by a Rep., and I was invoiced via Paypal.
Perhaps you placed your orders all online, filling out separate order forms at website each time? Seems like the end result will be the same either way.

McQuack

There was a big cannabis trade fair last weekend in Spain, the Spannabis. A friend was there and was able to test a grasshopper. The Vape-Shop guy said that they will have them in stock in 12 months. They will not receive their order before. They got this info from HL.

So, when HL said this to the Vape-Shop, why is there still a May 2016 ETA for new orders on the HL site?

Edit: For me it sounds like HL can indeed calculate real ETA's, they are just not telling us the real ones.

Last edited:

FizzNuggets

@McQuack, I would be really surprised if they made almost 2000 hoppers +warranty claims by now to have a bit more accurate idea, but like you said, the website doesn't reflect that.

I think there are reasons for this which have been covered a few times but only the hopper team really knows.

Quality of the product when working is amazing. A little rough around the edges on the business side, but we all have something to learn. Will be interesting to see 5 years down the line for these guys and hopefully see the growth the makers of this device deserve.

On another note, mines cleaned and boxed up. Now to ship her out and see the fate of my device.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'm wondering if they were focusing on retailers, with the VAPE fiend restock
No, VF was an IGG backer - they ordered a bunch of "retail kits". After all other IGG backers had received their hoppers, GHL manufactured the VF hoppers.

Instead of selling all of their inventory at one time, VF has chosen to sell only a few each day (10 or 20?)

I'm betting the reason why GHL told this other retailer next year is because they probably want to ship all hoppers to customers with preorders, just like they did for IGG backers - ship to the individual users first, then ship to the wholesalers.

Seems to have been quiet on the ghl shipping front. I'm looking forward to seeing a mountain of fc'ers who got shipping notices or address confirmation requests!
I'm still waiting as well - mine is supposed to ship in March, but we'll see. Speaking of which, today marks my one year anniversary of preordering! :party: :\

Last week I told Caroline I was considering an upgrade to a Titanium hopper (from Stainless), and I asked her flat out - "I'm hearing a rumor that colored titanium hoppers are shipping faster. If I upgrade to a Dark Gray Titanium, will that change my shipping date?"

She told me no, the "rumor mill" was wrong, and changing my order would not change my shipping date.

I didn't press the subject, *maybe* if she gave me a glimmer of hope I would have upgraded to a titanium. But I'm not hearing there's enough of a difference to justify the cost

Skored

I didn't press the subject, *maybe* if she gave me a glimmer of hope I would have upgraded to a titanium. But I'm not hearing there's enough of a difference to justify the cost

I am waiting on my grey TI. I received my address confirmation email on February 23rd, but have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. So don't think that TIs are going to get to you any faster. When I emailed Caroline one week after receipt of address confirmation, she said they are waiting to have dark grey units assembled, and then it will ship. Well it's coming up on four weeks now! I'm a little disappointed, but I've waited so long... what's another few weeks.

EdE80

I am waiting on my grey TI. I received my address confirmation email on February 23rd, but have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. So don't think that TIs are going to get to you any faster. When I emailed Caroline one week after receipt of address confirmation, she said they are waiting to have dark grey units assembled, and then it will ship. Well it's coming up on four weeks now! I'm a little disappointed, but I've waited so long... what's another few weeks.

I too have a grey TI on order, feb 12 2015, just wondering when you preorder/backed?

Top Bottom