The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

slick

When
It's now been over 3 weeks since I got my address confirmation e-mail. I haven't heard a peep from GHL since...
When did you order? I ordered early May. Emailed hl and was told to expect it in December. But a 3 week wait after shipping confirmation doesn't make it sound too likely.

slick,

BadDog No

No one can accuse Hopper Labs of being "glass half empty" kind of folks:
Grasshopper Monthly Newsletter
Grasshoppers For the Holidays

The wait time for a Grasshopper is shorter than ever. Order now to receive an estimated delivery before the holidays!

Notice how carefully worded the pitch is, "estimated" being the key modifier. :lol:
EDIT: I should read my messages BEFORE posting...:) This, with pictures and the same joke, is already over on the main thread. My Bad...

Last edited:
BadDog No,
Reactions: vapviking

BadDog No

Did I hear a question about the first of December? That's when I plan to Post "this" along with a bitter not at all funny reference to time travel. Yep, that's what I think...

March 9, 2016, 9:19 a.m. 7 $201.00 Processed November 2016

BadDog No,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Tdtour

So it has been over a month since people have gotten their address confirmation, and no shipping confirmation. Looks like HL always over promises amd under delievers. They have been deleting post on their facebook page, when people ask where their hoppers are and when the batteries will arrive. They also delete question about warranty claims.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
So it has been over a month since people have gotten their address confirmation, and no shipping confirmation. Looks like HL always over promises amd under delievers. They have been deleting post on their facebook page, when people ask where their hoppers are and when the batteries will arrive. They also delete question about warranty claims.
Starting to feel this company is going under but this is all the damn "specially made batteries" just to have the damn thing pen shaped

Hjalmark,
Reactions: BadDog No

Tdtour

They are getting desperate, they are offering a free extra battery if you order a GH now. But the problem is they dont have any batteries in stock or else, we would have gotten our hoppers already.

radiant34

Really frustrating considering the fact that every single one of their products requires a BATTERY, so you'd think they'd order a SHIT load to be smart...
it's called quality control, you dont want bats exploding in your pocket.

radiant34,

spoutti

Here is my scenario: they ordered a small batch of ghb2 first and now/we they are waiting for a big order slowly crossing the ocean on boat.

spoutti,

Tdtour

These batteries are most likely made in China, so we can expect to find them online from another chinese website. I can not see a chinese manufacturer only selling the kind of batteries just to HL. It just doesnt make sense to make 1000 or 5000 of these batteries just for one company. I wonder how many parts are made in China, maybe the entire unit is made in China. Just like Apple products, it is designed in California but assembled in China.

Tdtour,

BadDog No

These batteries are most likely made in China, so we can expect to find them online from another chinese website. I can not see a chinese manufacturer only selling the kind of batteries just to HL. It just doesnt make sense to make 1000 or 5000 of these batteries just for one company. I wonder how many parts are made in China, maybe the entire unit is made in China. Just like Apple products, it is designed in California but assembled in China.

I'm bitter too, but we've seen pictures of them assembling 'Hoppers in Colorado so while I hope your point about the batteries is true, they definitely ain't made in China.

And here's my monthly "well, they are aerospace engineers, why couldn't they be working on time travel" post:
March 9, 2016, 9:19 a.m. 7 $201.00 Processed November 2016 (The November being my estimated ship date)

BadDog No,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The batteries say Made in China on them.
There is no other known product in the world that these batteries fit in. Are you assuming that the manufacturer will break a contract and go sell them on the side? Conversely, why would anyone else be making these to sell (other than for HL)? The market is tiny, just Hopper users.

HL has always laid it out as assembled in USA and they've made no secret that the majority of parts are outsourced, yes mostly from the country you name six times in five sentences. I believe some of the parts may be made in US (the 3d-printer heater element?). They have their own machine that assembles printed circuit boards.

I think it is precisely because the batteries are proprietary and in roll out of new battery version that we now see this delay. I'm betting Hoppers are lying dormant like Cicadas waiting to burst forth in a loud flurry when given the power.

But is Santa gonna be carrying a sleigh full of Hoppers to all the good boys and girls this year? Especially the ones who have waited so long? Please, Santa? We'll know soon enough.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
The batteries say Made in China on them.
There is no other known product in the world that these batteries fit in. Are you assuming that the manufacturer will break a contract and go sell them on the side? Conversely, why would anyone else be making these to sell (other than for HL)? The market is tiny, just Hopper users.

HL has always laid it out as assembled in USA and they've made no secret that the majority of parts are outsourced, yes mostly from the country you name six times in five sentences. I believe some of the parts may be made in US (the 3d-printer heater element?). They have their own machine that assembles printed circuit boards.

I think it is precisely because the batteries are proprietary and in roll out of new battery version that we now see this delay. I'm betting Hoppers are lying dormant like Cicadas waiting to burst forth in a loud flurry when given the power.

But is Santa gonna be carrying a sleigh full of Hoppers to all the good boys and girls this year? Especially the ones who have waited so long? Please, Santa? We'll know soon enough.

Very well said.

I should also mention to people - just because batteries may be holding up shipping doesn't mean HL has gone on vacation. Their team is very likely busy assembling other components to prep them for shipping.

Been using my Grasshopper since June 2016 with no problems or complaints. It has performed admirably for my stealth needs. I love it so much I'm absolutely planning to purchase a backup copy in the near future after they've caught up with shipping.

Top Bottom