The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters
I sent a simple E-mail a week ago and nothing, Then sent another simple E-mail a couple day's ago still nothing to either, So it look's to be a roller coaster of results regarding that and a few other things.

Okay thanks for the assurance, glad its not just me at least lol

I always got a reply by emailing Caroline.

What is her email? I cant find it on the website.

PenleySS420,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Wow - they finally changed the ETA from August 2016 to September 2016, but my order still says ETA August... I wonder if they are going to be able to catch up. That would be insane.

Waiting on this month's newsletter.

newVaper420,

radiant34

Aug 2nd '15 preorder date and still no address confirmation. Anyone else here that preordered aug of last year and still hasn't gotten one?

radiant34,

con2010

Aug 2nd '15 preorder date and still no address confirmation. Anyone else here that preordered aug of last year and still hasn't gotten one?
my preorder 8/10. I was told last week I should have my shipping confirmation at the end of this week. I'm sure you will get it to.

if you go to https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/ you will see pre orders up to 8/30 that got there address confirmations already. if your getting a ti like me we are back ordered. email them

Last edited by a moderator:
con2010,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Today may be my day to exit the GH Shipping thread. :cool:
Multiple Hoppers have reportedly hit my local post office and will reach me later today. :nod:
I'm gettin' all :( about leaving the Shipping thread...
but I know life goes on in the 3 other Hopper threads! :wave:

Oooooo, did I miss a page?

Ti's are backordered?
I have not ever seen the term 'backorder' used by HL to describe any order. Everything is a 'pre-order' these days.
The order I'm receiving today, btw has a plain Ti and 3 SS Hoppers on it. My pre-order date was Aug. 3 '15. Another member reported getting his Ti late last week.

@radiant34 I hope you can get to the bottom of your dilemma soon. Frustrating after all this time to be lost in the sauce!

Mr. Me2

Today may be my day to exit the GH Shipping thread. :cool:
Multiple Hoppers have reportedly hit my local post office and will reach me later today. :nod:
I'm gettin' all :( about leaving the Shipping thread...
but I know life goes on in the 3 other Hopper threads! :wave:

I have not ever seen the term 'backorder' used by HL to describe any order. Everything is a 'pre-order' these days.
The order I'm receiving today, btw has a plain Ti and 3 SS Hoppers on it. My pre-order date was Aug. 3 '15. Another member reported getting his Ti late last week.

@radiant34 I hope you can get to the bottom of your dilemma soon. Frustrating after all this time to be lost in the sauce!
DON'T LEAVE!!! I'm still here...

I love seeing others come to the end of their wait. We've all shared this journey!

Plus, personally I like seeing ghl's progress in shortening the time from order to shipment.

vapeOR

Hey @vapviking I may be out of here today, too! My order is out for delivery by USPS :clap:

Preordered Aug 2nd and was hoping to be one of the first to actually receive theirs within a year of placing pre-order, but it's on the way now. :nod: Ordered qty 2 SS and a plain Ti.

I sent an email to shipping/support last Friday asking if it was possible to upgrade to priority shipping (I'd already replied to the address confirm the previous Monday). Never got a reply to my email. No additional PayPal charge. USPS tracking link says shipment is Priority 2-day, ETA on Friday.

For those asking about response times to support emails, I finally got an answer from Caroline this morning (Thurs) saying my order had already shipped so couldn't upgrade to priority shipping.

My Grasshoppers have arrived! :clap: Gonna try the Ti first. :leaf:

Edit: Can't edit previous post -- sorry for back to back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
My tracking (UK) now shows "delivered" (at 6:15am!) but nothing has been delivered, no card, nothing :rant:
Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT:
Disregard this comment please, as I have now had a card delivered regarding duty to pay on the Hopper (£40! Grrr).
If I get the package today, or even Monday I'll have broken the 'One Year Barrier' by 2 or three weeks!

Last edited:

DrHermman

Finally got mine!!!:brow::rockon:
I went this morning to the mail office to pick it up (rested there since wednesday)
and happily didn't have to pay customs :razz:

So, to those of you who are waiting... Keep it up!!! It will arrive!! :tup:

TaaHVG3.jpg

The first impression is great, it is sexy but hits like a mule! I am really enjoying it :cool::ko:

Summing up:

Pre-ordered 8/20/2015 (195xx invoice number)
Address confirmation 7/26/2016
Shipping confirmation 7/28/2016
Arrived 8/3/2016 :luv:

11 1/2 months later... Not so bad Hopper Labs! :clap:

I hope we all hop together soon guys! See you on the other thread! :wave:

Peace

BadDog No

The latest update from HL should be in your mailbox. Lots of pictures that didn't want to copy so I just did the last paragraph for you. The pictures do show a rather large facility...

This past month we sent approximately 2,000 Grasshoppers out the door during the month of July; about 500 Grasshoppers every week. These shipments covered the pre-orders of June 2015 through August 2015. As we begin to chip away at the pre-orders from September 2015, keep an eye on your email for an address confirmation!

As we enter the final days of summer, we would like to pause to remember that our progress would not have been possible without you, our customers. Thank you for your continued support and patience. You made expanding Hopper Labs less of a hurdle and we look forward to continued production as we enjoy these last summer days!

Sincerely,

The Grasshopper Team

Milkytime

Hi There,

Your shipping estimate was adjusted to July on April 15th. We sent an April Shipping Update out on April 13th. Did you receive that update? We stated we believed these estimates to be more accurate and at this time, we are on track to meet your July shipping estimate. I apologize for the confusion. It seems that you may have missed the April Shipping Update and was therefore unaware that your shipping estimate changed to July on April 15th. If you did not receive that update, let me know and I will forward it to you.

Best,

Caroline

What pissed me off about this response is "I apologize for the confusion." that's not an apology to me the customer it basically is a nice way of saying fuck you it must be your fault you dont understand that your account says it should be shipped online and we are too lazy to update it. It goes on to blame me for apperantly not seeing their updates which have no pertinent info whatsoever. It's the blaming the person who has their money held on to saying it's my fault? This is unacceptable it is definitely not my fault in any way that they are behind and have put out many many falsehoods, or refuse to even apologize to us.
Apologizing for my confusion, get the fuck out of here, then apperantly there are 1000s of us that all must be confused at the idea that I gave you my money and now get insulted by the company that hold it promises dates then we get to that date and can't even update your account send emails ect..... Real grateful for your customers I see hopper labs real greatful.

Last edited:
Milkytime,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Hi There,

Your shipping estimate was adjusted to July on April 15th. We sent an April Shipping Update out on April 13th. Did you receive that update? We stated we believed these estimates to be more accurate and at this time, we are on track to meet your July shipping estimate. I apologize for the confusion. It seems that you may have missed the April Shipping Update and was therefore unaware that your shipping estimate changed to July on April 15th. If you did not receive that update, let me know and I will forward it to you.

Best,

Caroline

What pissed me off about this response is "I apologize for the confusion." that's not an apology to me the customer it basically is a nice way of saying fuck you it must be your fault you dont understand that your account says it should be shipped online and we are too lazy to update it. It goes on to blame me for apperantly not seeing their updates which have no pertinent info whatsoever. It's the blaming the person who has their money held on to saying it's my fault? This is unacceptable it is definitely not my fault in any way that they are behind and have put out many many falsehoods, or refuse to even apologize to us.
Apologizing for my confusion, get the fuck out of here, then apperantly there are 1000s of us that all must be confused at the idea that I gave you my money and now get insulted by the company that hold it promises dates then we get to that date and can't even update your account send emails exit...... Real grateful for your customers I see hopper labs real greatful.
I have, in my life, a number of really shitty corporate entities with which I MUST do business. Got no choice. Easiest example is the giant ISP that has a service monopoly in my area. Another is the US government. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

GHL is NOT one of those companies. If their behavior gets to the point where I feel compelled to tell them to "get the fuck out of here", I will just cancel my order, get a refund, head over to PIU, and ask Randy or Jake to help me select a new vape to get over the breakup.

Milkytime

The problem here moondog is if they apologized for themselves and being slow, showed some remorse? Instead they blame the customer for their issues? Does anyone understand how hopper labs ships? There are entire threads full of speculation and yet no one seems to understand how they ship. Yet retailers get new units to sell (I understand vape feind because they got it from the beginning) New retailers pop up and get to sell, and get restocked. But preorders nah let them wait insult them, tell them they must be confused.

Milkytime,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
The problem here moondog is if they apologized for themselves and being slow, showed some remorse? Instead they blame the customer for their issues? Does anyone understand how hopper labs ships? There are entire threads full of speculation and yet no one seems to understand how they ship. Yet retailers get new units to sell (I understand vape feind because they got it from the beginning) New retailers pop up and get to sell, and get restocked. But preorders nah let them wait insult them, tell them they must be confused.

Believe me, I understand your frustration. I'm not defending them or saying that they are handling any of these problems correctly. I'm just saying that for me, it's not worth getting upset over. And if it ever becomes that upsetting to me, I recognize that I have a choice. I can get my money back and walk away with no hassle. If, despite the poor CS performance others are experiencing (hasn't happened to me yet), I stick with my preorder, that's my choice. I have no one but myself to blame for being involved with them. If I end up outraged at their behavior, that's my choice. I have no one but myself to blame for how I'm feeling. At this point in time I'm choosing the former and not the latter. Your (and anyone else's) choices may vary.

[BTW, come on, no love for my GHL documentary title? I was really proud of that one.] :lol:

Milkytime

@moondog ok I get you and you are right where I spend money says a lot, and I'm very much considering getting my money back. It just sucks I was all about this product but now I'm pretty soured on it.

How hard is it to apologize to your customer base and accept responsibility? Instead they put out updates saying look how great we are!

MonkeyTime

I think this is very simple.

Nothing speaks louder to a company than sales. If you're truly upset with the companies behavior, cancel your order and tell them why.

Again, I'm also not condoning the way they've handled everything, but none of it to me has been enough to push me away as a customer.

If we all had our hoppers, I bet we'd all be in better moods and getting along...

JoeMama

Sorry guys, but I think this is complete and utter BS and that I have every right to expect the same level of competence and performance from any company I just gave $200+ to.

You want to give companies a 'buy' on their behavior just because they are in the cannabis field, then you are going to get the same treatment with no change.

Among my responsibilities are support and satisfaction of my customers and I will tell you that customers expect the right to express, in unvarnished terms, their desires, their satisfactions, and their dissatisfaction. I will also tell you that complaints and customer attitudes are what companies react to. Just smile at them and give them the 420 peace sign and you are going to keep on getting the same deficient treatment that you have been getting.

Just realities of life.

In regards to customer communication, delivery performance, supplier management, QA and reliability engineering, Hopper Labs has sucked so far.

Now, I own a GH. Mine works well. I LOVE this vape. I do NOT love the company and they have not given me any reason to do so.

Feel about it as you like.

For the record, I by no means meant that we should dismiss their bad practice(s); I agree 100% with your learned perspective. If I may confess, during my 13-month wait for my GH, I could have spit acid at them for their abysmal manner, constantly, so now I reproach myself.

I still will not recommend the hopper to anyone withoutgiving them the backstory and having them educate themselves here.

Absolutely. The question becomes "Is this the most effective way to provide that feedback to GHL." GHL has no presence on this forum and AFAIK, have never responded to anything posted on this forum. Some people have questioned whether they even read what we post here. It may be that they are too busy - we are a prolific bunch - but I myself find it hard to believe they don't read this stuff.

There is certainly value in all of us sharing our experiences, but it feels like if we don't ALSO communicate directly with GHL (phone and email messages), it's not effective feedback.:2c:

It is amazing they do not have an active presence here. I hope they'd lurk to at least learn about their reputation here. I dunno though, maybe our numbers are tiny in their opinion.

invective

Yes, though this post was referring to at a different time in GHL's past, "invective" is the perfect word to describe "unproductive dissing". Whether it's warranted or not...

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I just don't understand how they expect to fulfill September - July preorders in a month and then ship any August orders in September. It seems a bit disingenuous to put a September eta on the website.

Anyhow miracles happen and I'm hoping my May 2016 preorder comes this month as it is estimated to. I do realize a lot of people waited a lot longer than me. I've been waiting too, I just didn't know it. LOL

Last edited:

con2010

I just don't understand how they expect to fulfill September - July preorders in a month and then ship any August orders in September. It seems a bit disingenuous to put a September eta on the website.

Anyhow miracles happen and I'm happening my May 2016 preorder comes this month as it is estimated to. I do realize a lot of people waited a lot longer than me. I've been waiting too, I just didn't know it. LOL
as of today I haven't received my address confirmation yet and my pre order is 8/10/15

con2010,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive

Anyhow miracles happen and I'm hoping my May 2016 preorder comes this month as it is estimated to. I do realize a lot of people waited a lot longer than me. I've been waiting too, I just didn't know it. LOL

I think you should rather wish for more realistic thinks like "getting it before Jan 2017" unless they sold very few units in last months of 2015 but I am March 2016 and maybe I get it before Xmas but not high hopes

I might actually cancel my order in Sept because I already said I would do it in August ... and look at me now still hoping and wishing

lets see how good the Firewood 4 is going to be

con2010

Caroline told me that plain ti were in demand on 7/28 .she said I would get address confirmation probably in a week. its now 8/7 no confirmation. hopefully i'll get it soon

Top Bottom