The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

OldCreepy

I personally would rather know how many machine and people started this 2+ yrs ago and how many there is right this moment. Having a shipping estimate is nice but not possible with HL, but a detailed E-mail showing they have upped there speed some would be very nice. Kind of sucks being stuck in the desert with Jim Morrison, riddle me one more time jimmy boy, and I'll pay that half naked Indian to bury you upside down! I need my cup of H2O info!

So HL can you supply us lost souls with a bit of hard cold solid paper in my face data on your so called extra machines and employees? Please say yes, I'm so boredsadmadZippideeDoDah! :goon:

Vaperist

so, another moth is ending and estimates going to next moth again. :bang: why can't they calculate realistic estimates? i'm pretty sure that my November 2015 preorder is not coming any time soon. so why they can't say that?

very odd puplic relations strategy they have.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
so, another moth is ending and estimates going to next moth again. :bang: why can't they calculate realistic estimates? i'm pretty sure that my November 2015 preorder is not coming any time soon. so why they can't say that?

very odd puplic relations strategy they have.
Hey, you're killing my buzz, there.
I still have hope that my address confirmation will come today. Three weeks ago Caroline told me so. The website tells me so. This is the age of information, no?
Tomorrow I will realize that the football has been swiped yet again from under foot at the moment of highest anticipation, and yet again I'll say, "Arrgghhh!"
Tomorrow I'll be the April Fool.
Today, I dream.

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
Hey, you're killing my buzz, there.
I still have hope that my address confirmation will come today. Three weeks ago Caroline told me so. The website tells me so. This is the age of information, no?
Tomorrow I will realize that the football has been swiped yet again from under foot at the moment of highest anticipation, and yet again I'll say, "Arrgghhh!"
Tomorrow I'll be the April Fool.
Today, I dream.
Yea, Caroline told me the same thing a couple weeks ago too. She said that it's still on schedule to be shipped by the end of March, but mine is a February 12th 2015 @6:00am pre-order, so I don't see how that's happening if they're still only on Dec 2014 preorders, plus she's been telling me it'll come by my estimated shipping date for the past 6 months and then it gets moved out further anyway, so what she tells me kinda holds no credibility to me anymore! I'm hoping for april, but who knows. Hopefully they have a mass shipment ready to go out and alot of us early preorders will be in it. But so far, still no address confirmation for me.

EdE80

Yea, Caroline told me the same thing a couple weeks ago too. She said that it's still on schedule to be shipped by the end of March, but mine is a February 12th 2015 @6:00am pre-order, so I don't see how that's happening if they're still only on Dec 2014 preorders, plus she's been telling me it'll come by my estimated shipping date for the past 6 months and then it gets moved out further anyway, so what she tells me kinda holds no credibility to me anymore! I'm hoping for april, but who knows. Hopefully they have a mass shipment ready to go out and alot of us early preorders will be in it. But so far, still no address confirmation for me.

Beat you by 5 hours!!! Keeping my fingers crossed we both get an email today though!

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
April coming up ... this going to be very slow weeks until I can finally ask them to update my estimate and I am going to ask them to be "realistic for ones" :D

Vaperist

Hopefully they have a mass shipment ready to go out and alot of us early preorders will be in it.

this is dee only hope.

i wonder, does American post office offer some kind of volume (wholesale) discount? maybe that is why there are no shipments reported here lately? can it be that they are preparing a big portion of Hoppers to be sent out at once to save some money?

Last edited:

OldCreepy

this is dee only hope.

i wonder, does American post office offer some kind of volume (wholesale) discount? maybe that is why there are no shipments reported here lately? can it be that they are preparing a big portion of Hoppers to send out at once to save some money?

I know my post office wouldn't give you a special price, you would have to pay extra to ship mass in my damn office. Or maybe they just don't have enough small boxes and want to ship our GH's care package style in one big ass box (location : Atlantis!). Our status goes to find the scuba gear ( sponge bob has half of our map ) so find that yellow bastard. Then we can just meet on a beach somewhere and post crap on here about how to work this damn scuba shit so I can get my GD GRASSHOPPER! Oh yea and we need Nicolas cage to do the special hand shake.... You know :freak:

EdE80

And here I am thinking that they won't give us an update today because of the possibility of thousands of april fools joke

Seems like they've been giving weekly updates on the Facebook page since the end of Feb. I'm half expecting a summary of those, and a few sentences about production ramping up

hi_there

maybe that is why there are no shipments reported here lately?

I love the optimism in this thread, it is making me less cranky. I want a portable vape that heats up in under 10 seconds for less than $225 and I want it right now.

hi_there,

EdE80

Grasshopper Pre-order
March Update

Hey Everyone,

Grasshoppers are moving out the door at a record rate. In this last month, we have added an additional 3 assembly techs and installed another large automatic machine. As the assembly speed picks up we are closing in on ship dates and will be able to keep a tighter schedule moving forward.

We believe in a vertically integrated and robust supply chain. That means bringing more processes in-house to keep production agile. This strategy has paid off allowing us to avoid countless problems. We’ve been able to cut the assembly time, increased the reliability and continually improved the design on the fly. This is the true value in overseeing the entire production right here in Colorado.

We will update shipping estimations to match current production volume. While we did not hit many of your original estimations, we expect the future to be more accurate. We understand realistic and accurate shipping estimates make waiting less frustrating. Thanks for your patience.

With so much going on we’ve hardly had time to go through all the recent reviews and awards the Grasshopper has been a part of. For this update we picked a few of our favorites from the last few months.

The Vapor Wizard Review in 4k!

Vape Fiend Review.

Canna Melier Review.

Thanks for checking in for the March update.

The Grasshopper Team

JoeMama

I Sent this to GHL today:

Hello, Caroline,

I’m sure you are aware of the vitriol that is on the reddit and FC forums regarding how GHL is handling the communications to customers who have been waiting upwards of a year, getting pushed out several times, and being frustrated by vague responses to their concerns.

I’m one of them, now, having joined the ranks of a third-push out that has past without comment.

I know not to hold my breath, but I ordered two additional units from you last month after being told that it “wouldn’t affect the March delivery”.

I know you will only say that you only know what your system says, but frankly this is what is called “plausible deniability”.

I’d like to know, in clear terms, please, when will I expect to receive my three hoppers?

Thank you,
PS: This email and your response will be posted online.

------

Not two seconds after I hit send, did they send out their "March Update" (Uh, it's April, isn't it?!?), which I paste here for your reading pleasure:

Grasshopper Pre-order
March Update

Hey Everyone,

Grasshoppers are moving out the door at a record rate. In this last month, we have added an additional 3 assembly techs and installed another large automatic machine. As the assembly speed picks up we are closing in on ship dates and will be able to keep a tighter schedule moving forward.

We believe in a vertically integrated and robust supply chain. That means bringing more processes in-house to keep production agile. This strategy has paid off allowing us to avoid countless problems. We’ve been able to cut the assembly time, increased the reliability and continually improved the design on the fly. This is the true value in overseeing the entire production right here in Colorado.

We will update shipping estimations to match current production volume. While we did not hit many of your original estimations, we expect the future to be more accurate. We understand realistic and accurate shipping estimates make waiting less frustrating. Thanks for your patience.

With so much going on we’ve hardly had time to go through all the recent reviews and awards the Grasshopper has been a part of. For this update we picked a few of our favorites from the last few months.

<...Sigh...>

tr33sPlease

I Sent this to GHL today:

Hello, Caroline,

I’m sure you are aware of the vitriol that is on the reddit and FC forums regarding how GHL is handling the communications to customers who have been waiting upwards of a year, getting pushed out several times, and being frustrated by vague responses to their concerns.

I’m one of them, now, having joined the ranks of a third-push out that has past without comment.

I know not to hold my breath, but I ordered two additional units from you last month after being told that it “wouldn’t affect the March delivery”.

I know you will only say that you only know what your system says, but frankly this is what is called “plausible deniability”.

I’d like to know, in clear terms, please, when will I expect to receive my three hoppers?

Thank you,
PS: This email and your response will be posted online.

------

Not two seconds after I hit send, did they send out their "March Update" (Uh, it's April, isn't it?!?), which I paste here for your reading pleasure:

Grasshopper Pre-order
March Update

Hey Everyone,

<...Sigh...>

I can't wait to see my "accurate" estimate.

WhyAreWeWaiting

Grasshopper Pre-order
March Update

Hey Everyone,

The Vapor Wizard Review in 4k!

Vape Fiend Review.

Canna Melier Review.

Thanks for checking in for the March update.

The Grasshopper Team

Phew! I was concerned that, like usual, HL might just move the goal post again and change the dates on the shipping projections but, so far, things seem to be status quo, hunky-dory.
My projected ship month is still March... :\
We are now in April. so that's another estimate they've missed. unless you are referring to March 2017 or March 2018.

I don't think you have taken into consideration that they had to first fulfill backer orders first. They are now past that so any previous delay should already be accounted. I do not have any affiliation, but your misinformation could potentially scare off interested buyers. Also, one must keep in mind, they have ramped production up since the completion of the backers by implementing new machines and hiring additional help. I would expect new orders to be ready to be shipped late July - August. GHL estimates seem to always be a best case scenario estimate that never pans out on time, but eventually they will get it right.
You sound like you believe anything you hear. On what facts are you basing you estimations?

Last edited by a moderator:
WhyAreWeWaiting,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
From the March update:
"While we did not hit many of your original estimations, we expect the future to be more accurate."
This is a very oddly worded sentence. I think I pulled a muscle in my neck with the double take as I first read it.
I'll start at he end and work back. Promise here is to be MORE accurate, not necessarily VERY accurate? Further, the future will be what it will be -- it's the ESTIMATES to we'd like to be accurate! And last, I want to point out that the original estimations (and all revisions) were not MY (our?) estimations, they were HL's!

I know I'm being nit-picky about use of language and wording, but in our case, these updates from Hopper Central are about the best we have to cling to and put hope in - so three ambiguities in one sentence is something that could be improved upon. I do understand that HL seem genuinely apologetic and hope to give more solid estimates in the future.

Re-figuring ship dates based on current rates seems a great way to start, though we better hang on to our hats, it could be a rough reality-check.

Tdtour

Who are the most vague with theirs responses, politicians or HL? :lol:

Waiting for the grasshopper is like watching the grass grow.

Tdtour,
Top Bottom