1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Firefly Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Depav, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Mynameismud

Mynameismud But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie.

Im right there with you. 380 is probably the highest i would even think about going. With my vivape i never went higher than 370.

Some people say they need above 400 for pain, personally I get pain relief way below that and anything above 400 is too close to combustion. But thats just me and i know others will argue otherwise...
    natural farmer likes this.
  2. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Ya start to get some nasty toxins above 380, but if people need to go higher for pain relief, I guess it's worth it. It's that old risk/reward ratio that comes into play.
  3. Vapologist

Vapologist I believe in the Power of Higher.

Are their any studies available that show what is being released, and at what temps? Would these same toxins be present when hitting concentrates to heated titanium?
    BLAZING OG likes this.
  4. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

5. Vapologist

Vapologist I believe in the Power of Higher.

We need studies that are fare more up to date. Massive funding! Start with the Firefly.
  6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I hate it when this study gets dragged in to prove that toxins are released. It's off-topic to discuss here, so I suggest you both read this thread.
    grokit likes this.
  7. King Thrust

King Thrust New Member

I think a concentrate sandwich will work well for FireFly, guess I will have to just wait and see. Have mine on pre order and can't wait to have it in my hands!
    grokit likes this.
  8. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Well, excuuuuuuuse meeeeee. Bitch slap me and call me Shirley. ;)
    WildChild, BLAZING OG and grokit like this.
  9. King Thrust

King Thrust New Member

http://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-portable-vaporizer.html

FireFly's website has changed for pre-order shipping in December, to order now!!!! Hopefully mine comes soon.

It shows the dark grey in stock and says ships in 24 hours! The red and light grey are still out of stock and it says they will ship 12/17.
    EveryDayAmnesiac likes this.
  10. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Thanks for that video. It made it possible to keep my money in my pocket. Tiny bowl, "pre-heat", need to stir. No thanks.

Pretty much sums up my position as well.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    bubbha ho-tep, spoutti, sasNW and 2 others like this.
  11. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Regarding the bowl size guys, one thing to keep in mind is that being that it is heat on demand convection, your bud will last longer in that bowl, than say, the larger bowl in the Ascent. While you may not be able to load as much, that same amount in the FF should last longer, eh?
  12. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

While the designers made indeed some funny comments, I find the Firefly to be a very nice hybrid between the Solo and the Lotus minus the poor battery life... But let's see how it performs in real life first. If I can finish a load in one big, hot draw or a couple, maybe the battery lasts a good time. It will depend on usage patterns I believe.
    It will be as tasty as the Solo imo minus the conduction and the break-ability of the stems and utilises heat on demand like the Lotus so it doesn't cook the load if you just want to sip your way through a load. Very very promising. I don't care about the weight so much... Looking forward for more reviews! :)
  13. grokit

grokit power cosmic

I'm guessing that the weight is mostly the battery?

This looks quite promising, more for travel than stealth and a big hitter.

The technique looks quite easy, slow draw and pulsed power.

Want :evil:
    Mrmrmrmr and natural farmer like this.
  14. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 Well-Known Member

Got this reply when i inquired about shipping status...

"This is correct, we're excited to say that we're now processing all Dark Grey pre-orders today and tomorrow! You will get a tracking number via email once it has shipped. We have an east coast warehouse, so you should receive your new Firefly within 1-3 business days."
  15. King Thrust

King Thrust New Member

EveryDayAmnesiac likes this.
  16. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

I listened to the podcast last night that King Thrust posted above. The FireFly guys explained that the unit had to be made somewhat hefty because it needs a large thermal mass to dissipate the heat. So it's the metal body more than the weight of the battery that makes it so heavy. It was an interesting podcast and I recommend it.

:peace:
  17. toros23

toros23 Well-Known Member

Anyone receive a shipping notification yet??
  18. King Thrust

King Thrust New Member

Yes!!!! I am inticipating mine tomorrow! Very excited to hopefully have mine for this weekend. If it works as well as I am hoping, I will probably buy a second one the red looks stunning!
    RUDE BOY, deadheadbill, sasNW and 5 others like this.
  19. Looper

Looper Member

Everyone who's getting them. Please post a video review! Much appreciated.
    deadheadbill, sasNW and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  20. toros23

toros23 Well-Known Member

No email from FF but I just got an email from FedEx telling me a package is on the way from a warehouse in Boca Raton.. I see you are in FL, No wonder you are getting yours so fast. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  21. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 Well-Known Member

Mine is on a truck, out for delivery, 20 minutes from here. Should have it today, theoretically.
  22. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

my lhs has one in stock...I'm gonna go hold it later today.
  23. Belgianvapor

Belgianvapor Well-Known Member

Can you test how well the lid stays closed? (when in a pocket or so) I'm curious if I can load it before I go without the fear of the lid comming off in my pocket or my wife's purse.
  24. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

I really doubt it could come out easily... :)
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  25. Belgianvapor

Belgianvapor Well-Known Member

I don't think so either but you never know, I'm also always carefull with the pn and pro to make sure the mp doesn't come off and I've used the "melting a gap in the plastic with the battery" technique on my mflb to make it more secure I had my herbs flying around and becomming useless a few times and every
    time it breaks my heart :ugh:
    Even the lid of the pax came off one time and those are pretty strong magnets.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors