The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Wow! This is the most agreement we've ever seen on this thread....nice that everyone is enjoying the Power Tuning feature so much. It is a pretty amazing improvement in the versatility of the device.

I thought permanent green means the temperature is reached. Normally this takes the green LED flashing actually always at the beginning.
Yeah what I meant was, there's a bug that sets the FF in standby mode if it's idle for like four hours or something. Then you get the solid light, and you have to release and retouch to get it to heat up. What (I thought) you were describing was a normal function: the FF is still fairly close to target temp even after five minutes of being idle, so it gives you a solid light to let you know you can start hitting, because it will only take another second or so to hit the target. (As opposed to starting from cold, where it goes through the flash cycle for ten seconds or so, because it's nowhere near the target yet.)

Yes, that's something I noticed too, the heating element is visibly glowing orange much longer than it did before. Very noticeable. There is a lot more heat. I just turned down to 107%, and it lessened the charring a bit on a fresh bowl, but still see some. Clouds a little less enormous at this setting too. I'll keep pushing through this testing though.......best update to anything ever!
Interesting. I use the PT on the full 111% on High and haven't noticed any difference in the glow, which is pretty dim once the bowl warms. (But yeah more heat. :nod:)

Got me pumped to try this update out....surprised it has had this kind of impact.

Recommend keeping it on 11%, even if you like temperature stepping?
This is what I do...but I prefer a little more heat than less, so I actually do most of my FF vaping on High at 111. I can avoid combustion by draw speed and length, and can get almost any kind of hit I want without having to change anything via the app. (But yeah, you can combust at that level if you pack and draw just right, or wrong...)

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
You know, for all the complaining about the fact that this device uses an app for somewhat basic functionality, I was thinking......has there ever been a vape that could put out an update like this before and make everyone's experience that much better? I can't think of any. This is truly revolutionary. Simply incredible.

vape4fun

Is there any benefit of using this on any other setting than high? Medium plus 11% is normal high right?

It's basically super high setting and rest is redundant? Oh and this isn't me saying this is stupid or anything just want to make sure I have all the facts before I take her out later

vape4fun,
Reactions: ElPic

ElPic

Take my money
You know, for all the complaining about the fact that this device uses an app for somewhat basic functionality, I was thinking......has there ever been a vape that could put out an update like this before and make everyone's experience that much better? I can't think of any. This is truly revolutionary. Simply incredible.
I wish a similar update for the crafty... But i don't know if is something possible with the actual unit!

ElPic,
Reactions: turk

Sh4dy15

Is there any benefit of using this on any other setting than high? Medium plus 11% is normal high right?

It's basically super high setting and rest is redundant? Oh and this isn't me saying this is stupid or anything just want to make sure I have all the facts before I take her out later

That's not what it sounds like...people getting way better results from Medium and Medium High as well. Not sure if they changed anything else besides the power tuning but whatever it is it's good to hear!

Sh4dy15,

turk

turk
I wish a similar update for the crafty... But i don't know if is something possible with the actual unit!
...I believe the crafty DID receive a firmware update at one point...my unit was in the 1st batch...I'm sure there was a update at one point...on the other hand..I'm a old guy...and I've been using weed for over 40 years....but still ....

turk,

ElPic

Take my money
...I believe the crafty DID receive a firmware update at one point...my unit was in the 1st batch...I'm sure there was a update at one point...on the other hand..I'm a old guy...and I've been using weed for over 40 years....but still ....
Yeah, but you have to got your unit replace!! It's not a do it at home firmware update like the Firefly 2!
I know im at my 3rd crafty all with different firmware!

I noticed that the android app did not show an update pending so i uninstalled it and reinstalled and the app version did change. 1.1.46. Not sure why i did not get a need to update indication. Installed new firmware looking forward to the battery guage being better

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Vapinmofo

Ok so I did the update. I noticed that when you move the slider all the way to 111% a little blue link at the bottom pops up and says "TAP".
All I can say is if you want a laugh then you should click that. it literally explains exactly why it says 111%

go try it.

Now My FF2 always worked pretty well.
'I am a low temp vapor. so I use Medium low. Much Higher temps irritate my lungs. Moving the slider makes a good hit a little better.
Some of the reports here are very generous regarding how "different" this unit now is.
all the slider is doing is giving you more precise control. changing the temp plus or minus 11 %.
more control is always better.

Anyway the areas I am looking for improvement in are BATTERY level and the bug where I would have to remove the battery and put it back in to make FF2 work.
We waited what seemed like forever for this update.
I am glad its finally here.

anyway vape like it is your last chance to vape ...ever.

Vapinmofo

turk

turk
Yeah, but you have to got your unit replace!! It's not a do it at home firmware update like the Firefly 2!
I know im at my 3rd crafty all with different firmware!
...no there was one done with a update to their app....it was awhile ago.

turk,
Reactions: ElPic

ElPic

Take my money
Yes i think they have done update to their app, like better Bluetooth connectivity and things like that, but no firmware update that add fonction to the unit like more set temp similar to what Firefly have done with this last update? And i think its impossible on the Crafty! But Maybe im wrong, but I never see my crafty firmware version change while updating the app!

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

Ironic, huh? :lol: I guess there was a method to their madness!

Theoretically you can reach temps that are in between the settings. Obviously during the course of a hit or a session the device traverses a range of temps, but the gradations you can reach with the PT feature allows you to access a range of temps that lies between each setting. I would think if you like Med but find Med/High to aggressive you would enjoy bumping the Med up a bit without moving into Med High. It's like adding five degrees instead of ten or something.

Definitely interesting hearing reports from folks who are using it on the lower and medium settings. When I first tried it I used with several different settings and it definitely adds a nice little aggression (or submission, if you go lower, I guess) to all the temp ranges.

Vapinmofo

Why? The crafty is dynamically adjustable. The crafty already offers degree level control.
Even with this update the Firefly 2 does not offer degree control.

The Crafty offers an adjustable mode that "BOOSTS" the temperature. another feature not found here.

I will say that these two vaporizers tend to compare themselves to each other a lot...
They really are very different.
I would say that the crafty is like vaporizing a whole joint (.25-.35.45) are all possible packed into the crafty.
The firefly has a MUCH smaller bowl. .1 .125 maybe..
there is less material there to get up to temp.

I love my crafty but its better for 2. the Firefly 2 is a one man show. I medium grind herb. overfill (NOT PACK) JUST slightly overfill the Firefly bowl then let the glass top down just right. the top presses the herbs down holding them so they do not end up in the mouthpiece trap.

This is the only way I have found that the firefly 2 operates consistently.
Now with a little more control over temperature I do agree it makes the firefly better. It was already good.
Now I am fussy. or maybe my taste buds don't work as well as yours do BUT, I do a load as described above.
I heat on medium low PLUS 11%.
I Pull (draw) and blow until I get vapor.
then I just draw SLOW. I stop when I feel it in the back of my throat or I just run out of draw.

This first hit yields great flavor and buzz.
I then stirr. (I hate having to stir). (Somebody needs to make a magnetic attachment for the top lid that lets your stir with out taking the top off).

I will then Hit it again. this time I get vapor but not nearly as much flavor.

To be honest without the taste I am ready to reload.

My daily driver at home is a Volcano. I love that thing. efficient and predictable.

The Firefly2 is also efficient and predictable. It also have kick ass flavor on the FIRST hit.

Vapinmofo
I like the idea of going to 11

Vapinmofo,

LysergicHysteric

Editor-In-Chief of Vapelord.Reviews
Has anyone else had issues getting the Bluetooth on their phone to connect to the Firefly 2 after the update? I can see the Firefly 2 in the local Bluetooth devices with my phone, but I can't get the vape to show up in the Firefly app. I haven't had any issues getting my vape to connect to the app up to this point. I have a Galaxy S6 for reference.

LysergicHysteric,
Has anyone else had issues getting the Bluetooth on their phone to connect to the Firefly 2 after the update? I can see the Firefly 2 in the local Bluetooth devices with my phone, but I can't get the vape to show up in the Firefly app. I haven't had any issues getting my vape to connect to the app up to this point. I have a Galaxy S6 for reference.

Have u rebooted your phone?

Vaporcussion

I medium grind herb. overfill (NOT PACK) JUST slightly overfill the Firefly bowl then let the glass top down just right. the top presses the herbs down holding them so they do not end up in the mouthpiece trap.

Thank you for this! I think not packing it down is the way to go for more airflow, better results

Vaporcussion,

LysergicHysteric

Editor-In-Chief of Vapelord.Reviews
Have u rebooted your phone?
Yes I've unfortunately exhausted a lot of the typical trouble shooting steps :doh: So far I've tried rebooting the device, re-installing the app, toggling bluetooth, toggling location settings.

The Firefly 2 does connect to my old HTC One M7 so I think it's an issue with my Galaxy S6

LysergicHysteric,

Mango

Anyone on Android Nougat 7.0? I kept getting disconnected and have a hard time picking up the device. I switched to a marshmallow (6.0) device and connect easily. Performed update and it seem to have picked up the device on 7.0 again. Odd... haven't tried the device after update. This is gonna be hyped if I already like the device before the update.

The Natty Leprechaun

O happy day I was just pleasantly surprised to check the forum for any news about the firmware update
And now I just updated my ff2 and fired it up with what was left of a bowl of what I have gotten the last vapor out of what I normally would get out of it before the update and adjust up to 111% on high and Hello a nice big cloud
I was ready to fall asleep for the night but I am going to pack this newly updated vape and see what she can do

BabaRobDass

This thread is bumpin'!
Power tune confirmed to be awesome on this end.
I'm not sure but I bet it involves more than just top temp.
Maybe the algorithm for the heating profile is altered?
Would love to know exactly what the difference is.
Whatever it is, I got some buddies coming over tomorrow- one's never seen it, one's used my fly once.
I'm confident they're going to be blown away.

Stay lifted, FF Family!:clap::leaf::leaf::rofl::rofl::leaf::leaf:

malsanti

I mean, its weird, but when I jack up the power tuning on medium high, to max power tuning, the thing is kinda perfect. Much, much less finicky. Hits harder with bigger clouds, and is easier to finish a bowl and requires far far far less stirring.

But I mean, it's just giving you a little more heating options right? I mean, I the heating profile I am using, how different is it just from high? And we even have concentrates mode.

don't get me wrong, it's close to perfect, the temp thing I am using. I guess, the point is you have greater flexibility to find the temp you want, like if you just want to bump up it a bit? I find power tuned on medium high, it's pretty damned cool, pretty user friendly. Will be much happier using it with friends now, but they are light weights, so that's why it's never mattered if they got big clouds. Just me!!!!

malsanti,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom